Chapter Two

Oh My Baby!

OST Miss You by S.M. The Ballad

 

          It was 6:03 in the morning, and Choi Minho was on his usual jog in Namsan Park.  The sun had barely risen and the sky was cloudy.  The autumn weather was slightly cold with a chilly breeze.  There was barely anyone out in one of the most popular parks in Seoul. 

 

          Minho was dressed in grey sweatpants and a white hooded Nike sweatshirt.  His black hair was covered by his hood and headphones were plugged into his ears.  Minho never went jogging without his iPod.  Namsan Park was usually empty and quiet in the morning, listening to music helped him feel less lonely.

 

          Ever since Junior High, Minho has woken up every morning to go on jog for half an hour.  Jogging has always been a hobby of his.  He was never the type to just sit around; he always had to do something active.  Whenever Minho went on a jog, it helped ease his mind.  When Nicole left, Minho would not only jog in the early morning, but late at night.  He would come home drenched in sweat and completely exhausted.  Jogging helped Minho to release all his emotions, and then he would feel much better.

 

          When Minho finally returned home, sweat dripped down his neck.  He went straight towards the bathroom of his large apartment to take a shower.  His apartment was quite luxurious and extremely suitable for the heir of Choi Inc. and the current manager of SHINee World, the largest and most popular theme park in Korea.  After Minho graduated college at Konkuk University, his father, the CEO of Choi Inc., immediately gave him the job, despite his young age.

 

          After Minho finished his shower, his cell phone rang.  He checked to see who was calling him at 7 o’clock in the morning.  The name Lee Taemin, his assistant, came across the screen of his iPhone.

 

          “Yes Taemin?”  He answered as he headed towards his walk-in closet.

 

          “Good Morning, Mr. Choi.  I just wanted to remind you that you have a meeting with the board this morning at eight thirty.  You also have another meeting with the event committee about the upcoming Halloween Fright Fest in October at twelve.”

 

          “Oh right, okay.  I’ll be in the office by eight, make sure I have my notes for both meetings ready.  Also Taemin, I would like to have a meeting with the ride-designers and engineers about when we plan on building.”  Minho ordered as he dried his wet hair with another towel.

 

          “Yes sir.” Taemin answered on the other line.

 

          After he hung up, Minho searched his closet for appropriate clothing.  He settled for a dark grey blazer jacket with matching pants and a black button-up shirt.  He was still debating on a tie, though he always hated wearing ties.

 

          Minho’s phone rang again.  He looked at the screen and this time it wasn’t his assistant.  He grinned as he read the name Goo Hara.

 

          “Hello?”

 

          “Good Morning, my Charismatic Flame.”  A sweet voice sang through his phone.  Minho couldn’t help but to chuckle.

 

          "Good Morning to you too, my Honey Hara.  What is my beautiful girlfriend doing up so early in the morning and calling me?”

 

          “Well, I knew you would be awake anyway, so I thought I would give my handsome boyfriend a call.  Anyway,I have a photoshoot this morning and I was hoping we could have a dinner date tonight.”

 

          Minho smiled as he dried his wet hair with his towel. 

 

          “Tonight will be great.   I will pick you up around 7.” He said before saying his goodbyes to his girlfriend.

 

          He and Hara have been dating for the past year and a half.  Minho was introduced to Hara by his mother at a dinner party.  However, he already knew who she was.  Minho had seen pictures of Hara in magazines and ads way before they ever met, since she is a famous supermodel.  After their first few dates, they officially began dating, much to the enjoyment of both their families.  Though they didn’t see each other frequently because of their busy jobs, they managed to see each other in their spare time.

 

          Two years after Nicole left, Minho didn’t think he could be with someone again.  The day he found out she left without saying a word he tried to get in contact with her.  He called her brother’s phone that he got from her mother, but only to learn that it was disconnected.  He even sent her letters, but only to get no replies.  When his calls or letters didn’t work, he waited for her to contact him.  He waited for days, weeks, months, before he eventually gave up.  All Minho wanted to do was not think about her, it only brought him pain and anger.  He just wanted to erase Nicole from his memories.  He was dating Hara now, the beautiful supermodel.  Not the childish Nicole, he’s moved on the mature and sophisticated Hara.

 

________________________

 

          “JUNG NICOLE!”

 

          Nicole jumped when she heard name, completely startled.  She looked up to see Seungyeon and Gyuri, grinning mischievously.  If Nicole had spider senses, they would be tingling right now.  She knew her two friends were up to something.

 

          “What are you two doing here?” she asked suspiciously.

 

          Her two friends looked at each other, huge grins still on their faces, before shoving five tickets into her face.  Nicole’s eyes widened as she tried to see what the tickets were for, SHINee World.

 

          “What are these?” she asked, completely shocked.

 

          The two girls chuckled before jumping up excitedly.

 

          “SHINee World tickets, Silly!  We figured that you could use some fun, since we haven’t done anything exciting since you came back!”  Seungyeon explained cheerfully.

 

          “It’ll also be a lot of fun for Yoogeun too, since we know that you wouldn’t want to go anywhere without him.”  Gyuri said.

 

          Nicole smiled weakly before she pushed away the tickets and shook her head.

 

         “Sorry, but there’s no way I can accept this.  These must’ve been expensive and I don’t have that kind of money right now.”  She explained, “Plus, I have to help my mom out with the restaurant.  You know how busy things get.”

 

          “Yah, Jung Nicole!” Gyuri yelled.

 

          “Come on Nicole, don’t worry about how much it cost.  Think of it as a welcome back present!” Seungyeon explained, giving her pleading eyes.

 

          “Still……I don’t know……” Nicole looked away, unsure.  “My mom might need my help……”

 

          It’s been two weeks since Nicole returned to Seoul and the entire time she was helping her mother out at the restaurant.  She’s always loved working at the restaurant, ever since she was a child.  It was easier for her to work at the Red Kitchen not only because she was already familiar with everything, it was easier for her to watch Yoogeun while she was working.  There was a small playroom, which used to be an office, for Yoogeun to stay in while Nicole worked.

 

           “Jung Nicole, you go have fun with your friends.  Don’t worry about the restaurant.  I was able to handle everything for thirty years, I’m sure I can do it for a day.”  Nicole’s mother said from the kitchen.  Nicole turned around to see her mother smiling encouragingly.   “Take your brother too.  He’s just lazing around when he’s not at the office.”

 

          Gyuri groaned.  Seungyeon and Nicole looked at her, but she ignored their questionable looks.

 

          “Omma……” Nicole started.

 

          “No, go.  It’ll be a lot of fun for Yoogeun.  Kids his age love going to places like SHINee World.” Her mother interrupted, “Unless, you want to deny your son this fun experience?”

 

          “Yeah!  What about Yoogeun?”  Seungyeon butted in, “Don’t you want him to have fun too?

 

          "What kind of mother would you be to not take your son to SHINee World?” Gyuri questioned.

 

          “Ya-Yah!” Nicole cried nervously.  After a long pause, she finally sighed.

 

          “Fine, let’s go to SHINee World.” 

 

________________________ 

Comment & Subscribe please, I'll be more inspired to write more! ^^