Chapter 8

I am the best

 

 

“We are here.” The driver announced as he parked in front of a building. As the boys dropped from the vehicle their jaws followed suit.

“This way please.” A man dressed in a black suit said ushering them into the building.

All of them followed silently as they gaped open mouthed at their surroundings. Tao quickly shook the look off his face when he realized they looked stupid, and it’s not as if he has never been to such a fancy building before (which he hasn't).

They entered the building and got into an elevator.

“Hyung, hyung” Sehun said poking Luhan with his elbow. “Where are we?”

“I think this elevator goes to heaven.” Xiumin said absentmindedly earning a raised brow from Tao.

Tao did not care for this fancy place. They can’t persuade him with this. He knows what he wants to do and he will do it (even if this place does look like heaven with all the shiny expensive looking stuff).

Ding!

The elevator sounded and their motioned for them to follow.

“I was right.” Luhan said with a smug smile. “We are definitely here to see D.O.”

It’s not like he was happy to see the boy again, no don’t make that mistake. Luhan is just filled with joy at how the new boys will react to the whole thing. They barely got to the door when it opened and they walked in not surprised to see a man dressed as a butler holding it open.

Nobody was in the living room but giggling could be heard from an inner room which was most likely the kitchen.

“Kai must be here too, figures.” Luhan said eyeing the room. “I wonder if they’ll let me spend the night here.”

“Now it’s my chance to end you.”  

Was what the three boys heard before a blur of black flashed by them.

“ Tao, didn’t you hear me say Kai is here?” Luhan yelled after the boy but didn’t bother going after him.

“What is he doing?” Sehun asked the two older boys.

“Getting himself killed.” Xiumin sighed.

 

 

”DIIIIIIIING DOOOOONG!”

“Baekhyun please stop screaming.” Chen groaned covering his ears.

“If no one is answering then it means they are not home.” Suho added.

“But he is sick,” Baekhyun said turning to them with a panicked expression.  “He is supposed to be home, and if he is not home then he’ll be in the hospital. But if he is in the hospital then he would have told us, but since he didn’t that might mean he is uncounscious or…dead. DIIIIIING DOOOONG!” Baekhyun started rapidly pressing the doorbell.

“Let’s just leave before we get arrested for public disturbance.” Chen said. He stepped off the stairs and started leaving with Suho following.

“What if…”

“He is fine Baekie. I don’t like seeing you so worried.” Kris said. He and Baekhyun flinched when there was a flash of light.

“Perfect but could you move closer.” Lay said as he changed the position of the camera. “Good, then I want you to place your fingers under his chin. Yes…”

Click, click.

“Now lean close and stare into his eyes YES that is it. Kris baby you are made for this. Now-”

Baekhyun blinked getting his senses together and finally decided to talk. “And you are…”

“Not real, just pretend I’m not here. Now Kris I want you to wrap your hands around his waist, yes like that but tighter like you don’t want him to run away, yes beautiful.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at their stupidity but didn’t complain anymore. If you ignore it long enough it will pass. But he glared at Kris any way, why was he so into it? And he seemed to be getting closer.

“Beautiful! I love that red on your cheeks Baekhyun keep working it.”

“Sh-shut up.” Baekhyun said.

“I struck gold Pluplu.” Lay said. “But they don’t hold a candle to kaisoo.”

Lay kept turning his body into various angles as he took pictures of the two brothers.

“Should we wait for them or ditch them.” Chen asked Suho.

“They do look like they are having fun.” Suho said.

“Ditch it is.” Chen said and he and Suho left. A few blocks ahead Chen stopped as he sniffed the air.

“You won’t start sniffing your next I hope.”

“I smell smoke.” Chen moved closer to the shrubbery in front of the houses they were passing by.

“That doesn’t make sense, there is no fire.” Suho said looking around.

“Yeah that’s why it’s strange.”

By now chen was face first into a bush. “Dude.”

Suho walked up to him and parted some branches out of the way and almost immediately let go and started walking away.

“I’m not dealing with this.”

“Come on, it’s hilarious. And aren’t you curious?”

“Nope.”

“Not one bit? And Chanyeol get up already I saw you peeking.” Chen turned to Chanyeol who was still curled on the ground.

After a few seconds of silence Chanyeol opened his left eye then the right. “I thought if I stayed still long enough you’ll leave.”

“Suho would not me. Care to share?” Chen stepped aside as Chanyeol crawled out of the bush.

“I don’t think I can, confidential stuff you know.”

“Hmm.” Chen eyed him with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Then at least answer this, are you really sick?”

“No, but…” Chanyeol shuffled uncomfortably where he stood. Chen looked on as he made some strange shapes with his face.

“…could you like not tell the others about this?” He finally asked and Chen beamed at him with a smile that made him take a step back.

“Sure.”

“What about Suho?”

“You could have been lying there dead and he wouldn’t give a .”

Chanyeol let out a broken short laugh and tried to smile. “That’s…great.”

“Hmm I like you Park Chanyeol, let’s be friends.”

Chen said and patted Chanyeol’s shoulder as they headed for his house.

“But aren’t we already…if we are friend’s now what were we before?”

“You were like gum at the bottom of my shoe but the past is the past. Just like how Baekhyun tried to poison Kris before let’s forget about it. And a little warning, the twins are shooting a o in front of your house.”

At this point in his life Chanyeol knew better than to say anything.

 

 

 

5 minutes after regaining consciousness Tao still did not move from his position. Dammit, he cursed in his mind as he struggled to endure the searing pain that was going through his body. He had been defeated by Kim Jongin once again but for someone of Tao’s skills embarrassed is a more fitting word.

When he had lunged at his target Tao had thought he was unstoppable but what happened next threw him off balance. Literally, in the blink of an eye he found the world around him spinning, his body bursting into pain and his vision engulfed by black. And the worst thing that happened was that his target was right there in front of him, back facing Tao and vulnerable. That was the best chance he was going to get and he blew it.

“Oh, you are awake.”

Wide eyes and a heart shaped smile came into Tao’s vision and he winced at the sudden exposure to perfection.

“Does your head still hurt? Kai said you tripped pretty badly.”

Tao resisted the urge to roll his eyes and instead released a grunt as he struggled to sit up against his body’s objection.

“No just lie down you were hurt a bit.” The wide eyed man said gently pushing Tao back down on the sofa. And since the man leaned close Tao saw it. This was the man he tried to attack. Although he only saw his back before the clothes and the hair are the same.

“You-”

“Kai your friend is awake.”  

“Hyung, just leave him he’ll be fine. Your tea is getting cold.”

Tao shivered as his blood went cold.

“Don’t be mean, you should check up on him too.”

“I’m not mean hyung.”

Tao wanted to hold himself but couldn’t from the numbness. This is a dream, yes a dream where Kim Jongin has invaded once again because there is no way in hell that it was Kim Jongin speaking in a cute tone.

“Just let him sleep. He just looks tired.” Kai said standing beside his brother and grabbing his hand.

“Hmm, I guess you are right but I wonder why he tripped. I hope I didn’t leave anything around?”

“No hyung!” Kai said now grabbing his brother by the shoulder. “It’s not your fault, Tao is just clumsy. You never make mistakes, you are the ultimate human whom all of humanity must worship so don’t blame yourself.”

“Aww, you are so cute.”

Tao turned his face away.

This is too much. Who is this? What is this? What planet is he on? Because that can’t be the Kim Jongin he knows.

That childish innocence and cuteness that most teenagers these days lack permeating from his pores like he is an angelic child must be black magic because it can’t be him.

If Tao was just meeting him for the first time he might believe that this is his true form but that is not the case.

“Not, as cute as you.” Kai playfully nudges his brother.

 

“Wow, I never thought it’d be that bad.” Luhan said from his seat. “I’m not sure if he is convulsing, having a or dying.”

“All of the above. I kinda feel bad for him.” Xiumin spoke with a sigh. Tao has been broken so his plan of escaping with him is ruined. This might mean that Xiumin is stuck with this group forever. “I expected more from Sehun though.”

He turned to Sehun and just shook his head at the stricken boy. Sehun was seated next to them frozen with love in his eyes.

“I expected him to jump Kai right when this side of him got revealed.” Xiumin said.

“I’m pretty sure he will, once he gets over the shock.” Luhan said then snickered. “But I gotta say D.O works fast. He even got a costume for Sehun.”

“Luhan,” Xiumin says face turning grave. “Are you forgetting that he has all his costumes in different sizes? ‘For all of Kai’s future friends’ he said with that look that turns Kai into an idiot. Why would he do this to us? To humanity! No man should ever have to be forced to go through life wearing female anime costumes. NEVER.”

“Take deep even breaths, you are losing it again.” Luhan said patting Xiumin gently to get him to calm down. “but I don’t think they are that bad. I actually think today’s concept is cool. Moremud was it?”

“Claymore.” Xiumin corrected now as calm as he can pretend to be. There is no point losing his mind in enemy territory.

“It looks good on me don’t you think so?”

“Please sit down, you think everything looks good on you.”

“You think so too.”

 “You are the cause of my misery.”

“You are welcome.”

I give my life to you o Lord, come take my soul. Now please if you will.

Xiumin closed his eyes and waited.

 

 

“…hm ok, have you passed this info to the Boss? Why the hell not? Call him now and tel-hello, hello? .” Nathan placed the phone in his pocket and turned to the Boss who was already staring at him.

“Speak.”

“I have good news and bad news.”

“Good news first.”

“Your cousin’s mansion has been burnt to the ground.”

Nathan watched as his Boss fell on his knees and stared at the orange sun with manly tears of Joy in his eyes. He could feel the joy rushing to escape so before the man jumps and breaks into song he spoke.

“And so was yours.”

Those manly tears of Joy turned to sorrowful tears and Nathan couldn’t help but feel fulfilled.

“And, the target was moved from the campus a few hours before we came. It seems they were ahead of us Boss what should we do?”

The Boss got up from the ground and wiped away his manly tears. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a minute. He pulled out a pack of cigar took one out and placed it on his lips.

“Nathan.” He spoke with an unsettling amount of calmness.

“Yes Boss.”

“I think it’s time we destroy them. I wanted to take things easy but our friends seem to be treating me like a fool.”

“…that you are.”

“Did you say something?”

“Let’s destroy them Boss.”

“Yes and we will, and I guess this is the right time to use the trump card I’ve had up my sleeves. Gather the men and at my signal we’ll launch our final attack and completely pulverize them.”

“Yes Boss.” Nathan got his phone out and started making the necessary calls.

“Kim Jongin although I’m grateful for what you did to my ty cousin I still have to take you down. In this world only the strongest survive. Hello, Mr Pluplu it’s time.”

 


A/N: 50 years later....

I'm veeerrry sorry for the late update i never meant to take this long and i'm sure my excuses won't change anything. Since the fic is almost over i'll be diligent till it's done.

I honestly don't know where i got the idea for this fic from cuz it's ridiculous. But i think it faintly has to do with the fact that Kai has two personas on and off the stage. How can he be soo cute and adorable off stage and when he's dancing he gives off this alluring aura. 

Any who i hope you still enjoy the fic and if you have any questions ask away. And excuse me while i cry in the corner and wait for their comeback cuz i refuse to watch the leak. I've watched the previous ones and i think i'll just wait out this one. The anticipation is fun :) 

Till next time o/