Sickness

Fake Engagement

I tried to get my head around what was going on with my life. It was all too much for me to handle at the moment and I felt a bit dizzy. On every kpop website was now my pictures with Jung Min. I scrolled down to read the comments. Most of them were nice but there was few from very angry fans. I couldn’t even read them through as they have been so harsh. They didn’t comment my looks or anything but it was a lot of anger in them and it seemed like I might be in deep trouble. There were few comments regarding my background and saying I wasn’t good enough. It hurt me even so all of this was pretended. At the end of the day It wasn’t my original plan to become a fake fiancé in the first place. I thought of So Yun and how heartbroken she feels right now. But she still didn’t respond to any of my messages therefore there was nothing I could do for now for her. I needed to focus on how to fix my life. Jung Min sat next to me.

-          Don’t read them – he looked at me. – And please don’t cry.

-          I am not…. – and I broken. I didn’t even know I had tears in my eyes.

True was it scared me, all the attention. How will I live my life now?  I checked few more pages and it was all the same. Few nice and also many hate comments. SS501 fans didn’t like me at all, I didn’t fit their picture I guess. I wiped my tears, sighed and replaced sadness with anger. I wanted to comment on one of the articles but leader stopped me. Then he took my hand.

-          Give us a minute – he said to the guys and walked me out of the room.

I followed him to his room and he sat me on his bed.

-          I know it’s hard, but I warned you. It takes a lot to be in the centre of the attention.

-          I know – I replied – It’s to late anyway.

He hugged me. It was something I didn’t expect. His arms around me felt nice and warm. It calmed me. I moved my head up and it was first time when I really looked into his eyes. They were deep, thoughtful and concerned. He looked at me quietly. I felt dizziness again. I guess all the emotions were ruining my body. I remember looking into those beautiful eyes and then darkness overcome me.

I woken up to bog headache and shivers. There were two faces around me. One of them was the manager another Jung Min.

-          Are you ok? – Asked my fake fiancé.

-          Yeah – I lied. I wasn’t ok. My whole body felt week and I wanted to cry my eyes out. The most of it I wanted someone who could bring me tea, hug me and take care of me all night – So Yun. But she wasn’t here.

-          You have a fever – Mr not to arrogant today said.

-          Where are rest of the guys? – I asked weakly.

-          They went for practice.

-          So what are you doing here? – I tried to look amused and hide what I feel.

-          I wanted to make sure you are fine – he looked really sincere.

-          I’m fine, now go – I commanded. – Don’t look at me like that, just go.

He stood up but before he left he turned around to the manager.

-          Hyung please look after her.

Manager made silent agreement and Jung Min left the apartment. I grabbed my phone from the night stand next to my bed and started texting. But who put me into my bed in the first place? Was it the leader of the group? I wrote another message for my former best friend. I waited for answer as always even so there is no chance for her to respond. It hit me how alone I was now. I was in foreign country. My best friend didn’t talk to me, I was engaged to apparently famous star I didn’t know before and his fans made their point of not liking me. I looked through pictures of me and So Yun and it didn’t help. I become even more miserable. I put my phone down and fell into te dreamland yet again.

I could hear some voices around me.

-          Jung Min, wake up…..

-          Wae Hyung? – someone responded.

-          You have been sleeping here for past two hours. Go to your bed.

-          No, not till she will be better. It’s my fault.

-          No it’s not – I think it was leader – go to bed I will change you here.

-          Ok Hyung. But wake me up in two hours?

-          Sure

After few minutes I opened my eyes. I was right. Next to me in the deem light of the lamp sat Hyun Joong. He was looking at me but I could see how his eyes were closing. I don’t think he noticed that I wasn’t asleep. I felt a bit better. I waited till he didn’t fall asleep and went to the bathroom. When I came back he was still asleep half sitting. I put my head on the pillow and watched him. My head still was hurting but watching that beautiful face somehow made me feel better.

Morning greeted me with another fever. I knew what was going on around me but didn’t have enough energy to do anything.

-          Take this – said Jung Min as soon as I opened my eyes. – Doctor said they will help.

I didn’t see any doctors here….

-          But first had a bit of soup. You can have any medicine on empty stomach. I looked around the room wanting to say no, but there was no use. Jung min seemed upset and recalling the talk I think I heard he felt guilty.

-          Can you help me to sit? – I asked embarrassed.

He did quietly as I asked. He made sure I say and he was just behind me, so I my back was touching his chest. He passed me soup and watched me having few spoons. I wasn’t hungry, at all but I knew it will be good for me. So I took few more. Jung Min sat quietly behind me and I could feel his heavy breathing on my back. It was strange feeling really. I put the bowl down and move my hand towards my fake fiancé.

-          Tablets? – I asked.

He passed me two tablets and a glass of water. When I  took them I stayed in the position instead of putting my head down. It was actually nice to feel someone beside me when I didn’t feel well. I could tell that at this point the arrogant jerk I met wasn’t there at all. He actually looked like a hurt kid.

-          It’s not your fault I am sick, you know that – I whispered. When did I get so nice to him?

-          It is. If I wouldn’t ask you to do it, you will be fine.

-          I am ok – I added.  – I guess I was just overwhelmed

-          Doctor said you are exhausted and got some virus too. – His face was serious.

-           Maybe Makoto poisoned food – I laughed.

It didn’t work, he still had that strange face on. We were sitting like that in silence. My breathing matched as some point his. It was comfortable but I still had loads on my mind.

-          Yah! Why is she up – Kyu Jong asked. – She needs rest and you to….You slept like two hours and we have another promotion in few hours.

-          I’m ok – he lied.

-          Go away – I said quietly – you need to prepare, I will be fine.

-          No – he stated

-          I told you to leave – I said with more serious tone.  – I am going back to sleep so there is nothing you can do.

I thought my words came a bit harsh but he needs to put himself together for his fans, fans that hated me. He looked at me with this painful look on his face and did how he was told. Kyu Jong followed him, leaving me alone. I took my phone. Still nothing from So-Yun. I went on few websites. It seemed there was more and more pictures of me. Fansites of SS501 had them too. Some of them were just facts but as expected there was few websites that try to say I am with him because of money and his popularity. They were saying I tried to become famous. The little she did knew. Being well known was last on my list. I could do two things. Just sulk myself into deeper depression or show them all who I can b. for now, being sad and tired seemed a better option since my sickness