ILLNESS

Love Contract

Nari's POV:

"Omma! I've found a job!" I yelled, as soon as i stepped into my house.

She came out and smiled at me. "Really?"

"Yeah..! In a cafe, as a baker..!"

"That's nice to hear, nari ah~"

"Omma, are you okay?" i asked, seeing her pale lips and pale face.

"Yeah." she said.

We ate dinner as usual. Our house is very humble, but very cozy. My mum and i lived together, i have no siblings, my dad had died of heart attack when i was young, so my mum is a single-mum. She worked alot, to raise me up. Saved alot of money, to send me to a baker course, since i love baking, and i got a cert for it.

Now she's just working at home, helping people to sew and i've made up my mind to let her retire from working already. 

"Mum, you can retire already, i have a job, and the pay is enough for the bills and our living expenses.." i said.

She laughed abit. "It's better to have double income than 1 only right?" 

"Mum.. but you've been working for your whole life! It's time for you to rest..!"

"I'm still strong.. no harm earning a few more bucks..!"

I laughed at my mum's praise for herself. 

We've cleared the plate and i went to wash the dishes.

She was just watching tv. After washing the dishes, i wanted to drink water, so i went to the table. Then i saw this unknown plastic bag, and i picked it up.

It's some medicine, and i frowned. It's stated for my mum. 

She came in and took away the medicine hurriedly, as if she's afraid to let me know.

"Mum.. what is it?" i asked her.

"Erm..."

"Just tell me the truth.."

"Nari ah..."

"Mum...!"

"Alright.. I'm suffering from first stage in stomach cancer. And it's a bad tumor.." she muttered.

"What? When did you find out?"

"2 weeks ago..."

"Mum... is there any cure?"

"Surgery..."

"Okay mum, let's go for surgery.."

"It's.. 20 million.. won" she said.

I gasped.

"So nari... we don't have any money now.."

"Mum, i will work hard and get money for you.." i said firmly.

Then i walked back into my room.

It's gonna be okay... i muttered to myself.

 


Jiyong's POV:

I drove back home after dinner, and into my room. 

I miss kiko... it had been some time since we last hung out..

She used to be always with me, until she got promoted as director for her company, a Ladies' fashion brand. 

I can't deny that our distance made me think of weird things - like she's cheating on me. 

But hey, she's not okay? She loves me, and i love her too. 

I lied on the bed and fell asleep, thinking of my kiko. 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the super short chapter, gonna promise the next one would be longer!! ^^.