Chapter 2

The Way Out From Despair

 

 

 

It has been a couple of months since the accident, half of which was spent in the hospital. Dong Woon knew his hyungs were worried, and his parents would be even more so. But it didn’t matter. Once they saw his face and the state of his body, they will all change their attitude towards him. Who would want a disfigured son? Who would want a disfigured band member? The company will kick him out for sure. He can’t stay in the band, much less be the visual of the band. When he was discharged from the hospital a few weeks before, his bandages was still on, hiding the scars from the world. Now that it was off, he could only hide himself.

 

 

He had no more tears. He had exhausted his tear ducts in the previous weeks. Now, he could only stare into space, and avoiding mirrors like the plague. He used to look into them so much, to ensure that his hair was in place, his clothes perfect, his image as the visual of BEAST intact. Now, he no longer needed to check into them. No matter how many times he checked, the reflection would still show the scars spanning from his brows to his cheek, from his left jaw to his neck, and the smaller scars scattered about his face. There are lesser scars on his body, since his clothes manage to keep the shards from touching his body. But his body was also riddled with marks. The huge patch of purplish-blue has faded and shrank, but it still showed where his ribs were broken when he slammed into the wheel over and over again when the car flipped. His legs are mostly fine, he was lucky he hadn’t torn his knees when he was fighting to get out of the car. But those ugly bruises on his torso, he could hide. But his face showed the world how he felt inside. Scarred. Hopeless. He didn’t want plastic surgery. He didn’t want anything sharp to be near his face. But that was just an excuse. He just didn’t think that it would help. He knew his scarring was not the worst there is, but he knew it would take more than once to even get the scarring to fade. He wasn’t sure if he could endure if he came out of surgery only to see it didn’t help at all. He didn’t think he could take it.

 

 

He didn’t want to eat. Everytime he walked into the kitchen whenever the others were asleep or out, he would have to pass by the bathroom. They have a number of mirrors scattered all over the dorm, so that it was easier for them to check their reflection. He used to be grateful for the mirrors, it meant he didn’t have to fight with the others for some mirror time before they have to head out of their dorm, but now everytime he looked into one, just out of pure habit, he just wanted to barf, or smash the mirror into smithereens, or both.
 

 

He wanted to go out, to leave his room, to escape. He needed to. He felt so suffocated in that room, alone with his mind coming up with images that never seem to stop. He wanted to go out, but he also didn’t want to leave. That room was his sanctuary, where he can cry and hide himself from the world.

 

 

Doo Jun knew his maknae was crying. He could hear the muffled sobs sometimes, and he knew the other members could too. They were all tearing their hair out trying to find a way to open p the youngest to them again, but nothing seemed to work.

 

 

They tried bribing, coaxing, cajoling, and even begging, all of the gentlest way they could think of, but to no avail. There was only one thing they didn’t think of. Doo Jun was sure even if they thought of it, the others would’ve banished it as soon as the thought appears. Doo Jun was reluctant, but he knew time was running out for them. Dong Woon wasn’t eating much. Certainly not as much as he needs to in order to recover. Doo Jun can see the younger man’s decline even through the outline of the man he only saw. It was five weeks since the accident. Doo Jun needs to do something, and soon.

 

 

 

[a/n: hey guys! a short update here. sorry. busy week for me, and im picking my other fics in progress. i might just put it up first, but then again, whats the fun in that? hahahaha. hope you guys enjoy this! ^ ^]