The ghost

The Secrets of the Necklace

A girl with blonde hair was walking on the hallway. She had books and bags on her arms; while she was walking she was also humming a song. She went straight to the canteen. Her eyes went to check on every table, until her eyes finally lands on two of the tables near the windows. There were five girls, and five guys on the first table. Couples. While on the other table, there were seven guys. Singles. The blonde happily went towards them, sporting a pretty smile.

“Unnie, Annyeong!” A girl with blue hair exclaimed, she was beside a dark guy who was her boyfriend.  “Hey Hyelim and Kai!”

“Unnie~” A girl with big eyes waved her hand happily. She was with guy with big eyes too, he’s pretty tall like her.

“Hey guys. So, our tables are now separated by relationship status? Gosh, Hyelim, Kai, Nara, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Yoonjo, Ara, Chen, Yooyoung and Sehun; I don’t know you guys starting today.” She pouted, going straight to the Singles table. She can hear their cute giggles and laughs.

“Major bitter is here.” Tao scoffed, “Joohee noona alert!” The other guys laughed, except for Zhang Yixing. Kris, Tao, Luhan and Kyungsoo were sitting together. While Xiumin, Suho and Yixing were together.

She raised my eyebrows, “I hate you Huang Zitao.”

“Joohee, sit beside Yixing.” Kris ordered her around, but she rolled her eyes and stared at him. Her face was saying, The hell? But before she can complain more, Luhan had pushed her beside Yixing.

She heaved out a sigh, “You guys….”

“What?!” They said in unison, except for Yixing who was looking at the windows blankly.

“Nothing!” She exclaimed, faking a smile.

 

[Yuna’s POV]

 

I opened my eyes suddenly. My dream seemed to be real. It’s like I was there the whole time. I blinked my eyes for a few times as I sat on my bed. But somehow, I felt a weird presence in my room. A presence that I never felt before. I looked around my room and saw a blonde girl wearing a pretty white dress and doll shoes, she was standing by the windows. She turned her head and stared at me. She was so beautiful.

I stood up, and smiled. She smiled back. “Who are you?”

She faced me, and walked slowly towards me. “The owner of that necklace.” I touched the necklace that the grandmother gave me, and stared at her again. “This is yours?”

She nodded, “That was mine, I believe. But it’s now yours.” I placed my hands on her shoulders, but what surprised me is that I couldn’t touch her. My hands went through her. My eyes widen, as I cleared my throat. “You’re a-a ghost?” I stuttered trying to find the right words I should say.

She looked down on her shoes, “I’m afraid I am.”

I stepped back, and eventually fall down on my . “But – How?”

“I don’t know. I lost my memories of my death and I need to know that. Help me.” She pleaded. She really looks sad and pitiful.

I nodded, “I can help you. I guess, but How?”

“I don’t know. Maybe going to places that has many memories of me?”

“But when did you died? It’s year 2031.”

She shrugged, “I dunno.”

I heaved out a sigh, “What kind of ghost are you?”

“A pretty ghost?” Her eyes were beaming. I let out a chuckle. “Do you remember anything? Ah!”

“What happened?” She went towards me. I feel a bit nervous with a ghost but my heart says it’s okay.

“You’re the girl in my dream! Song Joohee?

“Yeah, call me Joohee. That was my memories.”

“Your memories in my mind?”

“Yep.”

A knock was heard from the door. “Yah! College in 10 minutes!” Subin shouted. “Okay! I’ll be there in five minutes.” I stood up and immediately took a bath and fixed myself. After five minutes, I got ready and I was about to go out of my room when I glanced at Joohee. She was just looking at me wide eyed. “Joohee! Let’s go?” I offered a smile.

She nodded happily and ran towards me, “Where school do you go to?”

“Seoul National University.”

“Eh? I went there too.” She smiled. When we went outside the mansion, she was petrified on the spot. She was looking at all the new technologies. Buses with four floors, fridges that can make snow, and everything new in 2031. “Cool.”

“YAH. YUNA YOU’RE TALKING ALONE?” Subin shouted. She was in our car already, “GET YOUR HERE!”

“Oh my gosh Subin.” I looked at Joohee and chuckled, motioning her to follow me. “Kaja?” She simply nodded and trailed behind me. I allowed her to sit down first in the car as I followed. Subin was too clueless. Too clueless that it made me laugh. She was the one driving, and she was playing music from 2012. No no no mercy.

I stared at Joohee, she was petrified, again. She looked at me, with tears in her eyes. I panicked, what? I mouthed. But she didn’t replied.