First Day

Under The Same Roof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Jung family and the Nam family sat in the living room to explain the matter to the kids who looks really lost at the moment.

“So... Mom? Dad? Mind explaining what on earth is going on?” Daehyun asked his parents who didn't seem to care at their son's uneasiness at all.

 

“Simple. I met Jihoo-shi (your dad) few weeks after they sold their house. We happened to bump into each other while I was on my way to work. He was looking for a job and I saw him. We had a cup of coffee and did a little catching up with each other's lives. He told me what happened and I offered him to stay here until they earn back the money to get their house back. I discussed it with your mom as soon as I got home.” Daehyun's dad explained how ending up in their place happened.

 

However, Daehyun was still lost. He didn't know what exactly happened and he wanted to know more. Firstly, it's not common to be homeless. Well not for the students in his school and secondly, the girl who hates her to guts had no choice but to stay with them.

 

“What exactly happened?” Daehyun asked with his eyes glued on you. Your eyes were looking at the floor. You were ashamed that you're living with someone else and to make things worse, your mortal enemy's household.

 

You bit your lip and didn't meet his eyes. “We couldn't pay our debts from the loan shark and selling our house was the only way to pay them. That's what happened.” You said while trying not to be embarrassed.

 

You were expecting him to make fun of you and insult you but none of it happened. Although Daehyun likes to bully and make fun of people, he still knows his limits and he knows that this isn't a matter to make fun of.

 

Daehyun kept quiet and slowly understood what happened to you. He stood up and spoke, “Mom, where is her room?” His mom pointed at the guest room right across his room. He took your things and put it into your new room.

 

You were surprised by his actions and tried to stop him. “It's okay, I can handle it myself.”

 

You tried taking your things away from him but he was stronger than you. “Are you sure you can carry these? It looks a lot heavier than you. Oh wait, you are as heavy as a hippo so I don't think-” Daehyun was getting back to his old self again when you cut him off.

 

“What?! Hippo?! Dad! I can't live with a person like this. I want to go back to Kai!” You tried to shut up, really, but he's just too much to handle for you.

 

His curiosity about your relationship hit him again. “You were living with Kai? Are you together and abeojji knows about this? Wait, you and abeojji lived with Kai?”

 

“Abeojji?” Your eyes grew wider at how he called your father as if it was his. “As I said, it's none of your business and give me back my things!” His questions weren't helping at all. It just made you more irritated.

 

“Mianhe Yoonhee. He is really like that. Please tolerate him more.” Daehyun's mom tried to calm you as your irritation was really obvious at your face which turned shades of red in anger.

 

“No, please don't apologise. We should be thankful that you're letting us stay here. From the looks of it, I don't think they are in good terms so it would be hard for them at first.” Your dad said. “Daehyun, yes we lived in Kai's house who happened to be Yoonhee's ex boyfriend.”

 

“Dad how can you bring that up?” You asked him. “I'm sorry for my attitude...” You said in a soft voice and bowed at the elders.

 

“I understand now abeojji. Thank you. Hippo, your room is across mine.” He said and walked towards your room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter