Kyungsoo: Pouring my love and care into your macchiato

Macchiato

 

 

My name is Do Kyungsoo. 20 years old and is major in singing. But I have fallen in love with the art of making coffee since 17 years old, the first time I come to China and see my cousin - Joonmyun and his boyfriend Yixing, open their own coffee shop. I was mesmerized by the way Joonmyun-hyung gracefully pour the milk into dark coffee to create a perfect balance of bitterness and sweetness. By the way Yixing-hyung gently pour steamed milk on the surface of the coffee to create a beautiful latte art. Every single movement of the process of making coffee, is just alluring to me.

  So that's why I decide to open "Soo Cafe" at the age of 20, after spending 3 years to learn how to be a barista, with the help of Chanyeol-hyung and Baekhyun-hyung. To achieve my desire to create perfect cups of coffee.

  We don't have a lot of customers, since I want to keep it simple, not doing any advertising of the coffee shop. But I could proudly say that we did own ourselves a certain number of familiar guests. And one of them is Kim Jongin - the younger boy that I've been having a crush on.

 

________________________________________

 

  It was a week after "Soo" has officially opened that Luhan-hyung, one of my friend from singing class in my university, tells me that he will invite his new-found boyfriend, Sehun, to my coffee shop to have their first date.

  "Oh God, Kyungsoo, you have no idea how sweet Sehun is! And he always blushes when he sees me. So cute!"

  "Ok ok, hyung. Save your praises for your 'Hunnie'". I say with a chuckle. "So do you want me to stay at the coffee shop or go home early to that you two could have some time alone?"

  I wink suggestively at Luhan then laugh out loud when he blushes deep shade of red. "Actually, I need you to stay there with us, since Sehun is inviting a friend over too. And I really don't want him to feel awkward seating between me and Sehun through the whole date. So can you keep him company?"

  And somehow, I agreed to that.

 

_________________________________________

 

" Kyunggie-ah, your favorite Luhan is here!"

  As soon as I here that familiar yell, I pops my head out of the kitchen, just to see a deer-liked boy smiling from ear to ear (and here I thought that Luhan couldn't be any giddier than his normal self, but no. Apparently Sehun has some really great effect on him), and two other guys staring at me. Sehun must be the one who has milky white skin and is holding Luhan's hand tightly like his life depends on it. The other one must be Sehun's friend - Kim Jongin.

  Jongin has a rather tanned complexion, which is quite rare in Korea. But it is what makes him so attractive the first time I have my eyes laid on him. I could tell that he has a well-built body under the checked shirt that he was wearing, and according to Luhan-hyung, it is the result of years of dancing. And also according to him, Jongin is an easy-going person and smiles a lot when you see him. However, when he looked at me saying hi to Luhan-hyung and Sehun, he has such intense gaze that immediately sends chill down my spine, making me think that he is a rather cold and strict person. Definitely not my favorite type. But when I came, politely offered him my hand and said hi to him, he blushed a tad (at least that's what I think, since his skin is so tanned that I couldn't really see the pink color), and said hi back to me. He was actually stuttering, and Sehun laughed saying that Jongin is a rather shy person. And since then, I have thought of Kim Jongin not as a cold-hearted playboy, but as a timid young boy whose heart is filled with pure passion and dream.

 

__________________________________________

 

  "Macchiato", is what I said when Jongin decided that I could choose what for him to drink. I remember he looked back at me with a dumbfounded face.

  "Why macchiato?", he asked back. At that time, I just don't know, but when I look at him and his complexion, I immediately think of something strong like espresso. However, Jongin also has a sweet and shy personality, like a tad of milk. And macchiato is just the perfect combination that I used to describe the whole person of the younger boy. But there is now way I'm gonna tell him that. He will think I'm a freak.

  "I just think that you would like it"

  I answered, and hurriedly run to the kitchen, not to make the drink orders for the four of us, but to calm down my racing heartbeat after Jongin flashed me a shy yet beautiful smile.

 

  That Tuesday night ended up with me hanging with Luhan-hyung, Sehun and Jongin and "Soo Cafe" until it was quite late and I had to go home for school tomorrow, having the most fun talking and making jokes with them; and in the end of the day, I have decided that for the first time, I'm actually satisfied with my ability to create one type of coffee - the hot cup of macchiato that I made for a certain boy named Kim Jongin.

 

___________________________________________

 

  From that day on, I have developed a habit of coming to "Soo" every Tuesday to make a cup of macchiato for Jongin, who somehow also comes here every evening on the same day.

  (Normally I would leave the coffee shop for Baekhyung-hyung and Chanyeol-hyung to take care of. Not that I don't care of my own shop, but I would rather not witnessing the Baekyeol couple having a make-out session in my precious kitchen. Making me want to vomit every time I think of that horrifying scene)

  I would always say hi first when Jongin enters "Soo", who sometimes comes in with a smile, or sometimes with a tired expression. He would greet me back, and makes his way to the table where the four of us sit before, which is the table in the corner. I once asked why he like that seat so much, he just smiled and joked that because from that exact table, he could see me making his coffee clearly in the kitchen. He said that I look like a cute housewife with the pink apron and the focused expression. And maybe he didn't notice, but his answer makes my heart beat even faster, if it was possible. Few minutes later after he has seated, I would come to his table with a cup of macchiato that I have carefully made, and ask him how it tastes. "It's nice", that's always his answer. Sometimes that same answers irritates me a bit, but from the shy smile he gives out every time he answers, I know that he is truly sincere. Then we would start talking about random stuffs that happened during a whole week: I listen to him talking and complaining about his problems, then give him my advice and some jokes to ease his stress. And vice versa.

 

_____________________________________________

 

  And it doesn't take long for me to realize that I've developed some feelings for the younger boy. There is no way that my heart just randomly skips a beat for no reason whenever Joning steps into "Soo" and yells out "Kyunggie-hyung~" cutely. Or when the pink blushes paint my cheeks whenever he carefully checks out my fingers which I accidentally burnt while trying out for a new recipe for some kinds of cake. Or those nights that I am not able to sleep one bit when he sneakily yet gently held my hand when we are strolling on the streets at night, since he insisted on walking me home.

  And just like that, I'm falling for a guy who is bitter-sweet like the cup of macchiato I made for him every Tuesday.

 

______________________________________________

 

  It has been 3 months since the first day me and Jongin met at the date of Luhan-hyung and Sehun. And every Tuesday since, I would hurriedly leave my singing classes, make my way to "Soo Cafe" and wait for a certain tanned-skinned boy to walk through that door. This unrequited crush keeps building up in me, and I can't help but wanting to sort it out by telling the younger my feeling. But as well as I know myself, and shyness and fear-of-being-rejected are not going to let me confess anytime soon. So, I decided to wait for a better time.

 

  Glance at the owl clock haning on the wall, it's 5:30 already and there is still no sign of Jongin. I sigh and decide to go back to the kitchen, but a familiar sound of opening door immediately stops my movement.

 

  "Ah, Jonginnie. You're late"

  I pop my head out of the kitchen, just to be greeted with the sight of Jongin wearing black tight skinny jeans and a deep V-neck T-shirt that is drenched with sweat (somehow, I find that really y). Bad choice Jongin-ah. Bad choice.

  He looks at me and chuckles. "Sorry, hyung. My teacher just had to make me practice this late"

  I begin to work on his macchiato, trying hard not to drool over the alluring sight in front of me. "Which one? The old one that always scold you for your smallest mistakes, or the younger one whom you think his dancing is not as good as yours?"

  "The latter", he chuckles.

 Then he goes to his table, leaving me with my heart racing like crazy. There is nothing more that I wanted at that moment than just to grab his T-shirt, lean across the counter and have his lips locked against mine.

 

  Wow, Do Kyungsoo. Calm down. He is just a friend, a familiar customer. That's all. So stop imagining stupid things.

 

  After taking a deep breathe to calm myself down, I bring his macchiato to his table. But as I get there, Jongin was in a deep thought, not listening to my footsteps nor noticing that I was coming.

  "Jongin-ah, what are you thingking?"

  He looks up at me then flashes his charming smile. "Nothing"

  I shrug slightly, then give him his drink. He quickly puts out his hands to receive it, and our fingers brush against each other. My heart is beating even faster than before, but I have to regain my composure, so I immediately calm myself down and take my seat opposite to him, like always. But as I sit down, I find something's wrong with Jongin: his whole face is crimson red.

  "Jongin-ah, are you ok? Your face is really red". Then before he could react, I put my palm on his forehead. "Oh God, you're hot..."

 

  ...

  What the hell did I just say???

 

  I look at Jongin, just to have my eyes locked with his in a seem-like-forvever eye contact. His lips form a grin, and is killing every single effort of mine not to kiss him right now.

  But before I could move myself away from the awkward atmosphere to calm down my urge, my lips were blocked by something warm and plump.

 

  I am being kissed, by Kim Jongin.

 

  And his lips taste exactly like heaven. Sweet and warm.

 

  But why is he doing this? Is he just playing around with me?

 

  With that thought, I weakly pull myself away from that enchanting kiss. "Y-Yah! Jongin-ah, you must be really sick!", I say. "Let me go get you some medicine"

  But before I could go anywhere, his hand suddenly holds my wrist tightly, making me blush again at the contact.

 

  "Hyung. I have something to says", the younger boy says. And without moving my wrist, I lower my head, signalling him to go on.

  "Hyung, as weird as it might sound, but I like- no, scratch that, I love you. I know we've only met each other for 3 months, but I think that I'm falling for you. You're just the cutest person I've ever met. You're considerate, thoughful and kind-hearted when you patiently listen to my constant complaints, and even give me tons of advice and cheer me up when I'm upset. And before I could know it, you have become one of the biggest part in my life, and now I'm in love with the only one person that could make the sweetest macchiato for me in the world"

  I blush trememdously as his words go on. Is he...confessing to...me?

  Then he pulls me down so that I'm sitting next to him. Suddenly, he leans to me and whispers, making me blush even deeper shades of red.

  "Kyunggie-hyung, I love you"

 

  That's it. I've had enough.

 

  I turn to face Jongin - my crush and is now my boyfriend, whisper back. "I know. And I love you too, Innie"

 

  And I kiss him.

 

  Yup. Still as sweet as ever.

 

 

Sorry again guys T^T

This story failed. No excuses.