Jongin: A sweet touch of macchiato and my secret love

Macchiato

 

 

 

My name is Kim Jongin. 19 years old and is major in contemporary dance. Nearly everyday of my life is dedicated to the art of dancing and there is nowhere left to think of other things. But somehow, I have been building an obsession with a cup of hot macchiato on every Tuesday evening.

  But not just any macchiato. It may sound somewhat strange, but it has to be the hot macchiato that is made by a certain doe-eyed boy named Do Kyungsoo.

 

____________________________________

 

  "Soo Cafe" is a small coffee shop located in a small alley at downtown Seoul. But unlike other coffee shops here, the decoration of "Soo" is simple yet still successfully creates a light, romantic feeling. The number of customers here is not much, rarely have I seen this place packed with clients. But it has owned itself a good amount of familiar customers - people that come here pretty often. And I'm proud to say that I'm one of them.

 

  I don't have the habit of going out for coffee. Except for the tasteless coffee from the school's vending maches, I'd rather making myself some dark coffee at home. But one Tuesday around 3 months ago, I just suddenly feel like accepting Sehun's begging for me to accompany him to his little date with Luhan at some coffee shop owned by Luhan's friend. But I had absolutely no intention to have coffee there. I just planned to accompany them there, make some jokes to ease the awkward atmosphere that would likely to be created by Sehun's extreme awkwardness, then excuse myself so that they could have their time alone. Not including any coffee-drinking.

 

_____________________________________

 

"Kyunggie-ah, your favorite Luhan is here!"

  That was what I remember Luhan said when we entered the shop. I must say, I was impressed by the interior decoration of "Soo Cafe": a beautiful chandelier hanging on the ceiling, every table is decorated with a small vase of fresh flower; in the corner stands a board that is filled with written stick-notes - a way for customers to keep their memory her. But the decoration was nowhere as impressive as the boy that came to greet us after Luhan's yelling.

 

  Do Kyungsoo is the owner of "Soo". Shorter and paler than me, but eyes much bigger than mine. He was wearing a white shirt with black jeans, a cute pink apron tied around his waist. That made it quite shocking for me when I found out afterwards that he is actually a year older than me. His voice when he politely greeted and talked to Sehun is just melodious and actually makes me wonder whether he could sing as beautifully as he speaks. And the grin that he flashed at me when I said hi, is absolutely breath-taking. Literally. Since I couldn't feel any air in my lungs after that enchanting smile of his.

  And it would be a lie if I say that I wasn't attracted to this guy.

 

_____________________________________

 

  "Macchiato", is what he said when I decided that he could choose my drink for me. And yeah, my "not drinking any coffee" plan was absolutely ruined when Kyungsoo had his doe eyes widely open while asking me what I want to have.

  "Why macchiato?". As I remember, macchiato is make out of espresso with a small amount of milk. Why does he think that I would like that kind of coffee?

  "I just think that you would like it"

  He smiles again, putting me into another daze with his beautiful smile.

 

  That Tuesday night ended up with me not going home as planned, but instead sticking with Sehun, Luhan and Kyungsoo at "Soo" until closing time, having one of the most enjoyable talk in my life; and for the first time, I actually think that macchiato that is made by a certain boy named Do Kyungsoo, is not that bad.

 

______________________________________

 

  From that day on, every Tuesday evening, I have developed a habit of coming to "Soo Cafe", just to have a cup of steaming hot and sweet-smelling macchiato. Definitely not an excuse to talk to its adorable and sweet owner.

  I would enter the coffee shop and get a cute 'hi' or 'good evening' from Kyungsoo. After I greet him back, I immediately make my way to my favorite table in the corner, exactly where the four of us have sit before. Then without the need to say anything, he would come to my table few minutes later, with a cup of macchiato. And he would take the seat opposite to mine across the table, waiting for me to take the first sip of my drink then asks for my opinion. As always, my answer would be "it's nice". Then he would laugh and we start talking about random stuffs happen in our daily life. And usually , it would be about how Kyungsoo accidentally burnt his fingers while trying to bake a new kind of cake, how tiring my dance classes are, or  sometimes about how cute Sehun and Luhan are when they are together.

(And thanks to those Tuesday talk with Kyungsoo, I have came to know that the Hunhan couple has turned into a fimiliar customer of "Soo Cafe" too. They come every Friday night and would only order bubble tea, which is really weird consider that they are sitting in a coffe shop)

 

_______________________________________

 

  And I'm not that stupid not to realize that something have developed in me ever since me and Kyungsoo met that day. Those skip that my heart makes when he flashes his breah-taking smile at me. Those blushes appear on my cheeks when our fingers accidentally brush against each other while he hands me my macchiato. Those sleepless nights I have to stand when he gives me a kiss on the cheeks as a 'thank you' after I walked him home because apparently, "walking on the streets alone at this late night hours is really dangerous, hyung"

  Yup, I'm in love with the boy named Do Kyungsoo, who makes the sweetest macchiato in the world.

 

________________________________________

 

  It's been 3 months since the first day me and Kyungsoo met. And I have decided that it's time to let my feelings known by the older. Although there is a great chance that he will find me disgusting, but screw it, I just want him to know how I feel.

 

  So here I am. 5:30 pm. In front of "Soo Cafe"

 

  Here goes nothing.

 

  "Ah, Jonginnie. You're late"

  A head pops out of the coffee shop's kitchen. Eyes wide open (like a cute owl, in my opinion), lips forms an adorable pout while puffing out his cheeks. I chuckle. "Sorry, hyung. My teacher just have to make me practice this late"

  "Which one? The old one that always scold you for your smallest mistakes, or the younger one whom you think his dancing is not as good as yours?". He says while working with my macchiato behind the counter.

  "The latter". I chuckle then make my way to the table in the corner.

 

  How should I tell him how I feel

  Kyungsoo-hyung, I like you?

  Or, Kyungsoo-ah..., wait no, he's older than me.

  Kyunggie-hyung~ No, that will definitely freak him out.

  Soo-

 

  "Jongin-ah, what are you thinking?"

  I snap back into reality, just to find my crush standing in front of me, with a cup of macchiato in one hand. "Nothing", I reply.

  He hands me my drink, then sit down the seat opposite the mine, like usual. Our fingers brush slightly against each other, making me blush a deep shade of red. Usually, if our fingers meet, I would only blush a tad, then come back to my normal self. But the stress coming from the confession I'm going to make is definitely not helping at all. I lower my head, not wanting Kyungsoo to see the crimson hue on my cheeks. God, it would be embarrassing if he sees me blushing.

  "Jongin-ah, are you ok? Your face is really red". I look up, just too see a slender porcelain-white arm reaches out and touches my forehead. "Oh God, you're hot..."

 

  Wait. Did he just say I'm hot?

 

  I look at the sight in front of me, just to find it rather amusing. Kyungsoo still has his hand on my forehead, but eyes open widely (again, like the most adorable owl in the world), cheeks painted with a tinge of pink. We stay still, without moving or saying anyting for who-knows-how-long. Doing nothing but having our eyes met in a never-ending eye contact.

  I have never realized that Kyungsoo has such attractive and...kissable lips. I did notice that his lips are plump and always has a pinkish color covered it. But never have I wondered how it would taste like. And right at this moment, I have never wanted anything more than to have that pair of lips pressed against my own.

  And I did what I wanted to do.

 

  I kissed Do Kyungsoo.

 

  And as expected, his lips taste absolutely sweet and addicting. Just like his macchiato.

 

  "Y-Yah! Jongin-ah, you must be really sick!", he says after pushing me away from the kiss after a few seconds. "Let me go get you some medicine"

  As soon as he gets up from his seat, my hand has already stopped him from moving by tightly grabbing his wrist.

  "Hyung. I have something to say"

  I look into his eyes, just to meet with his beautiful doe eyes once again. But he quickly turns away, leaving me satring aimlessly at his blushing face.

  "Hyung, as weird as it might sound, but I like- no, scratch that, I love you. I know we've only met each other for 3 months, but I think that I'm falling for you. You're just the cutest person I've ever met. You're considerate, thoughful and kind-hearted when you patiently listen to my constant complaints, and even give me tons of advice and cheer me up when I'm upset. And before I could know it, you have become one of the biggest part in my life, and now I'm in love with the only one person that could make the sweetest macchiato for me in the world"

  I pull him down so that he is sitting next to me. I lean into him and whisper.

  "Kyunggie-hyung, I love you"

 

  Then he suddenly turns to face me, and whispers back into my ear. "I know"

 

 

 

Oh God this is horrible...
I'm so sorry T^T