Almost a Fairy Tale

The Red House' Doll

 

 

 

 

"Once upon a time... There's a lot of stories with this same beginning; and they've all got an happy ending.

When I was a kid, I've hope that mine will be the same; then, I've understand that, i won't. My life will never be an happy tale.

 

I was eleven when my mother died with my baby Brother in a car accident. My father was never able to go on after, he stopped working to drink night and day and spent all your money in gambling and booze. He started to hate me to : I was just a burden for him, a ghost of what remains of them. He killed himself few years after, to much debts and pain for him to take; I was only fifteen then.

 

 

        I wasn't old enough to live by myself, and nobody wanted to takes care of me. Some of my father's friends wanted to take back what they own: all the debts my father left for me. To gave them back, I had to do things, bad things. First, they made me work in a club called "RED HOUSE", at night -with a little make up, I seemed to be old enough. I was serving clients, flirting with them as I was told to, dancing some times; I've become a kind of host. That when things came worst. I wasn't earning enough money, so they treated me, saying they would kill me if I didn't obey.

 

 

So I did what they said, and became more than an host. I was no longer human, I have became an object, a "Doll" like they said. I wasn't Lee Sugmin anymore, I was "Min" the Golden Doll for everyone who paid the price.

 

 

That's who I am now, a Doll, with no future.

And you,who are you?

Why are you here?"

 

It was a cold night, and Sungmin had just finish his shift, waiting for the cab to take him “home”, reading the pages of his little pink diary, his mother's last gift. She would have been ashame if she had read those words, if she had seen what he have become. The smell of faint cigarets, alcohol and his last client's perfume was stinking to his soft white skin and he felt disgust. Disgust of himself for remembering the past and crying under the rain, for being that weak, for the night he spent with an old rich women and still have .

 

 

He paid the cab with the tainted money he'd earn once it'd reach his place. “Home” like some would call it. A filthy basement for and junkies. A place for people like him.

Still, his place was bearable , not warm, but clean. A little kitchen, a desk and books for his studies, a bed and a bathroom; nothing more, his clothes were tied in boxes above his bed and on a pile of book next to his bed was the only light source of the all place.

 

 

After showering, Sungmin decided to go to sleep, a had a long day, like every day. It was 4 A.M, and he had to get up at 6:30 to get ready to school; almost 3 hours left for him to sleep.

 

 

Looking at the calendar hanging on the wall, he let out a sigh. I have been seven years since his mother and brother death, four years since the real nightmare began.

“Good night Mommy, Good night Sungjin, I hope to see you soon...” 

 

 

 

He had to live through another day in his personal hell, 7 203 000 $ out of 34 950 000$ had already been paid, a part with the legacy left by his mother for him, and the rest by selling his body almost each night for four years. Maybe some day, he could finely be free... Maybe.

 

 

Sungmin took a last glance at the calendar.

“Febuary, the 3rd. Maybe it will be a good day? Or Not.”

Than he closed his eyes and fell in a dreamless sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyuhuyn had always have anything he wanted in life. He was from a rich family, so he could afford anything he wanted. He had enough money to go in the best school in the country, and smart enough to be graduated 3years early with the highest score. His parents loved him, so they let him choose his way. Being smart as he was, Kyuhuyn could have done anything, but he decided to become teacher. Math teacher.

 

 

Therefore, he was hated by most part of his pupils, despite his good look. He moved town to town and school to school, wherever he was needed. He didn't need to work to had enough money to live, so he didn't need a stable job. He didn't have a stable lover neither, since his current girlfriend just leaved him; he was the jealous type of guy when he was in love, and still not ready to love to be cheated again. But want he wanted was to be at Home.

 

He was 22 -almost 23- years old jobless math teacher when he came back to Seoul. It was the end of January, and the weather was still cold the day he arrived, the light of the city welcoming him trough the rain while he walk to his apartment. He could have took a cab, but he wanted walk and enjoy the small rain that welcomed him.

 

That's it, I'm home again”

 

He decided to text one of his friend who was still in Seoul when he finally reach is brand new apartment.

 

 

To: HeeChul

From: Kyuhuyn

Hi there, I'm in Seoul! Wanna have a drink?

 

 

 

Two minutes later, Kyuhuyn's phone was ringing, -“incoming call”- written on the screen.

 

Hello HeeChul, how-...”

You little bastard, why didn't you tell me that you will come to here?”

I just did. So Wanna have a drink, or not?”

Are you serious brat? You should have call before arriving, not after. And it's 4am, we can't get a drink. What's wrong with you?”

Sorry, I've lost track of the time.”

Anyway, since that leave you , we could always do something for your birthday tomorrow night -well, tonight-. I know a club which can change your mind, and make you completely forget your failed love story. You can't say no”

Which club exactly?”

Red House. You will love it. Text me your address, I will come to dress you correctly. See Ya.” And he hanged up.

 

 

Kyuhuyn let out a sigh, lying on is king size bed. Heechul will take care of the pain for him. Even if He wasn't so deep in love with his previous girlfriend, his pride was hurt to have been cheated. He was rich. He was smart. He was handsome. And still, she wanted another guy.

 

''Red House'', I hope Heechul won't take me to a strange place” He thought before falling asleep.

 

 

 

 

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hi, I hope you will enjoy this first chapter! Sorry for the mistakes I've made!

~Hiiko