Prologue

Kiss And Don't Tell

"One, and two, and three, and four, and five, and six, and seven, and eight!" Maddison finished off her last dance class of the Winter season, and quickly bowed to her students before locking up the studio. "Have a great Spring and Summer!". As she left the front door of the building she worked at, she was faced with an unfamiliar man.

"Excuse me, Miss Kim?" He asked,

"Yes? Who are you, exactly?" She had replied, pushing her bag strap back to her shoulder.

"Pardon me, I'm Lee Soo Man, CEO of SM Entertainment." He said as he removed his glasses.

"Oh why yes! How are you Mr. Lee?" She shook his hand, he chuckled and soon replied, 

"I'm doing lovely, but I'm here to ask you of a favor."

"Oh? Is that so? What would that be?" Maddison looked somewhat confused.

"SHINee is supposed to have a comeback in a few months, and we recently just lost our choreographer due to the birth of his granddaughter, and I wanted to ask if you would be up to choreograph their dance?"

"Oh I would be delighted to!"

"Great! Let's meet say, tomorrow at twelve for lunch?" He handed a piece of paper to Maddison, containing the address and his number. 

"Sure, sounds good." She smiled and gave him another piece of paper with her number on it. "Call me if there needs to be a change of plans." He nodded and they both bowed, as Soo Man left in his limo, Maddison was left to walk over a mile back to her apartment, where her father would most likely be drunk.

 

_______________________________________

 

"Yah, where's Soo Man?" Key was starving, he kept begging Soo Man to buy them dinner today, and he finally agreed.

"Calm down, He's only a few minutes late." Minho said in a very calm tone, even though inside he was anxious about the news Soo Man was supposed to tell them.

"I wonder what the news is." Taemin said, taking a sip of his precious banana milk.

"Why is everyone talking?! Music Bank is on! I want to see who won this week." Jonghyun loudly exclaimed. Everyone quieted down and awaited the arrival of Lee Soo Man. The door suddenly opened, and everyone jolted up and ran towards the door.

"After everyone gets their food, I will tell you the news." LSM said as he put the bags of food on the counters. They all quickly got their food and sat down at different spots of the room.

"So, what's the news?!" Onew was so excited, maybe he was getting a lifetime supply of chicken? His heart was pounding at the thought.

"As you know, Younha has left due to the birth of his granddaughter. So, starting Monday, you will get a new choreographer." LSM started to eat a piece of chicken, but then Onew grabbed it out of his hand.

"You don't deserve the precious gift of chicken." Onew said, he was upset that he was not getting his lifetime supply of chicken. 

"Can you at least tell us a bit about her?" Minho asked,

"She's fifteen, and owns her own dance studio here in Seoul. She has two cats and has been dancing  since she was about two years old." LSM handed a picture to them to look.

"I spot a girlfriend for Taemin." Key giggles,

"Yah! Hyung! Not cool." Taemin said as he put a spoonful of Mac&Cheese into his mouth.

"You guys are welcome to come to the meeting I'm having with her tomorrow at twelve." LSM suggested.

"Oh can we, can we?" Taemin started bouncing in his seat. 

"Why not? I just have to call and tell her." LSM took out his phone and started dialing.

"Yay!" Taemin started squealing.

"Wait, you have her number?" Jonghyun looked suspicious

"Yeah, would you like to text her instead?" LSM handed Jonghyun his phone, Jonghyun gladly accepted and started typing away.

 

_______________________________________

 

"Never come home late again!" Maddison's father yelled, she had gained yet another dozen of bruises and cuts today. She sighed and laid on her bed, tears already starting to fall. She looked over to her left and saw the picture of her and her mother when she was only four years old.

"Why did you have to die?" She said to herself as she started to sob uncontrollably. Just then, her text ringtone, 'Fire' by SHINee, started blasting from her phone. She held it up and turned it on. She saw a text from Lee Soo Man.

          SHINee will be joining us tomorrow, if you don't mind. See you tomorrow, y thang.

                                                -LSM

She started to get a creepy vibe from this situation. But she'll do basically anything to keep her away from her horrible life at home, Dancing was her outlet, her inspiration, it was her version of painkillers.