7 - A Closer Step

Only Good Girls Go To Heaven.

JiEun woke up the next day feeling absolutely refreshed and what they call; happy.

 

She couldn't stop thinking about Myungsoo after yesterday, and because of that, she even lost half her sleeping time. But of course she didn't care, all she looked forward to was seeing him again today.

 

She checked her school time table. Yes, she whisphered silently, we have two hours of science today. A smile broke out from her face.

 

Then, she put on her uniform and looked at herself in her bedroom mirror. Today, she felt as if she should make a better impression of herself for him, as you can tell, she really wants to impress him now. Using her make up , she covered up all her flaws and imperfections using such tools.

 

Now she looked just as how she felt. Freshened up and ready to start the day, looking glamorous of course. She spent a good 10 minutes trying to make herself look as close to 'perfect' as possible.

 

Hopefully he'll appreciate this.

 

"Good morning" she greeted her foster parents, it was actually the first time she ever said something to them like that in the morning

 

"Oh, JiEun, yes, good morning" Her foster mother said, seeming amused

 

"You seem all brightened up today" her foster father said

 

"Oh, do I?" Her cheeks flustered a bit as she felt that she wanted to tell them about what happened and who the person she went out to drink coffee

yesterday with was.

 

"Did anything happen, dear?" Her curious foster mother, Mrs. Won, asked

 

JiEun shook her head, but of course, something did happen "Ani"

 

Mrs.Won sighed "Eat up then"

 

JiEun hurriedly ate her breakfast. "Slow down" Mr.Won suggested to her.

 

"It's okay, i'm finished now anyways. I'll be going now!"

 

Quickly, she picked up her bag and waved goodbye to the two. Her foster parents just stared at her as she left.

 

"What has gotten in to her today?"

 

"I don't know"

 

She merrily skipped to her school, admiring the beautiful day and the suns rays greeting the surface of her skin. Another smile appeared on her face and it widened.

 

There it is, her high school. For the first time ever, she didn't grunt when she sees it like she normally does. She almost felt excited for it, which is kind of weird really, because who gets excited for school? Well, not even her, she was actually feeling like this because of Myungsoo.

 

It's actually been a while since any boy who really captured her heart came in to her life, he was absolutely her type. She was willing to make him hers, but she's got a long way to go and she has to pass all the tiers. It's also been quite a while since she had a boyfriend, perhaps almost two years, maybe?

 

She opened her bag and picked up her time table. Oh, would you look at that, we have science first thing. She grinned. Science wasn't the only subject that they were in the same class, there were other classes as well, like History and Maths, but it's science that gets them to socialize as they practically sit next to each other, unlike the other classes.

 

"Annyeonghasseyo, sunsaengnim, good morning" she greeted the teacher. Surprise surprise, she was the first one to arrive in the class. Perhaps her eagerness took over today as she came quite early.

 

"Oh, JiEun ssi. Annyeonghasseyo. You're really early today, students are just coming in"

 

"I know, sunsaengnim. Anyway, what are we doing today?"

 

"Well, for the first hour we'll be closing down on our topic about chemical reactions. And for the second hour, we'll do a new topic; it's about the Solar System. I have a project for the class after that."

 

"Ah, jjinja? That's nice"

 

Omo. Maybe i'll get to work with Myungsoo? Eek. Oh my gosh, JiEun, you're getting all worked up. What's wrong with you? Meh, maybe you just really like him, and you're not even denying it. Kyaah.

 

The rest of the missing class starting barging in through the door and the ebony haired girl made her way to her seat. "Move" a girl behind her said, JiEun turned around and saw the girl sticking her tongue out at her "Ugh, shut up and leave me alone"

 

"Saw you and Myungsoo talking yesterday in the hallway after school; did you guys go anywhere?"

 

Her cheeks turned rosey. "N-no"

 

"Yeah right, don't lie."

"No, she's probably not lying. I mean why would he hang out with her?"

 

The girl chuckled, "Ha, yeah, you're right."

 

JiEun felt like throwing up at the conversation the two girls were having. This was pretty much about a quarter  of the reason why she hated going to high school; snotty es.

 

"What makes you think that you can get him?" Another girl said

 

"Yeah, you have no chance"

 

"Who said I wanted one with him?" Clearly you do, JiEun. Clearly you do.

 

"It's actually kind of obvious"

 

She rolled her eyes at the girls "Whatever" she replied solemnly

 

All of a sudden, another grasp of whisphers came from the girls, she thought they were talking about her but they were actually looking at Myungsoo who was coming in from the door, late again.

 

"Mianhe, sunsaengnim" he apologized to the teacher

 

The teacher looked at him with a slight doubt look in his eye "Don't let this happen again, it's the second time already"

 

Myungsoo bowed and sat down next to JiEun, who seemed starstruck at him.

 

"Alright class, so today..." Blah, blah, blah

 

She looked at him nervously, as if she was confused at what to do now that he's here. Should I say hi or something? Maybe in a more formal way, like annyeonghasseyo? No, no, that seems too formal, let's drop the honorifics.

"Uh, hey" she whisphered under her breath

 

Oh my god JiEun you babo; 'hey'? Now that jumped to the informal side of language.

 

Myungsoo turned around to see JiEun and took a brief look in her eyes for a moment before looking back at the teacher and paying attention to everything he was saying.

 

"Psst" she whisphered

 

He turned around once more, this time his face didn't seem too happy. "I'm trying to learn, do you mind?" he muttered

 

What the hell? What's wrong with him now? He's being rude again. Ugh. I knew this would happen, why do you always get your hopes high JiEun?

 

Feeling low, she decided to leave him alone for now. She looked to her right, the girls were looking at her, sniggering and quietly giggling to

themselves; they've just witnessed what had just happened.

 

"Told you he wasn't interested in her" she heard them say. Now annoyed, JiEun furrowed her eyebrows at them. Why does is he acting like this again?