8 - Problem?

Only Good Girls Go To Heaven.

"Oh, right, and after this we'll be starting a new topic," said the teacher "we're going to study about astronomy. Then I have a project to do for you guys," the class grunted

 

"Can we choose who we can work with?" a student interrupted

 

"No, you will need to work with your science partners of course" The whole class let out a moan after that

 

JiEun rolled her eyes. Great, she sarcastically thought. For some reason, this particular class seems to want to bring her and Myungsoo closer; with projects involving just the two of them, like this one.

 

She thought that the moment in the cafe was like a ray of sun coming from the clouds for her; but it wasn't all that. Myungsoo gave a negative attitude to her today, that other day was the only day he showed his other half to her. But honestly though, what was his problem? Impressing him, even if that was possible, was harder than finding a needle in a hay stack. Much harder.

 

"Anyway, an introduction to astronomy..." The teacher lectured about how great and wonderful the universe was, with  like stars and planets including things of the unkwown. For the first time in class, JiEun's ears perked up as studying about the stars and planets was one of her favourite topics.

 

***

 

"Alright class, your task is to produce a report on the planets and stars based on what you see through your telescopes that I have given you out today."

 

She gulped, this could possibly mean that either she had to go to his place and do the project there, or he goes to her place. Of course, the two would be all alone again. Her eyes met the face of Myungsoo, to see his reaction of this pair project that only the two of them were involved in.

 

"When's it due in, sir?" a student asked

 

"Next week, I suppose you have time, but get it done as quick as possible"

 

"Arrasso, sunsaengnim" the student replied

 

The bell rang and it was time for them to go to the next session. JiEun saw Myungsoo leaving. I bet he doesn't have any interest in this at all, does he? Ugh. Probably going to go to the teacher to ask for a new partner or something. To her surprise, Myungsoo didn't do that, but just left the class simply.

 

Still, however, she still had doubts on her mind. How was she going to get him to do this project with her? I mean, she has to do it, right? Perhaps she should just go up to him and ask about it, chances are he'll reply with something cold, like he always does, leaving JiEun dumbfounded and somewhat in a state of hurt.

 

She made her way to her next class. However, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, came a group of girls, the same group of girls that were laughing and sniggering at her about Myungsoo. She rolled her eyes at the dreadful sight of their smirking faces.

 

"Following Myungsoo, are you?"

 

JiEun's eyes narrowed "What are you talking about?" she said, trying to avoid the subject, but she should have just ignored them. The gang of four started to crowd around her now.

 

"Do you like him?"

 

"No, now move, out of my way" JiEun grunted

 

"We're not finished with you" One of the girls stopped her, she seemed like the main one in the group, the leader, practically. She had extravagant, long black hair that was styled perfectly. She was pretty and slightly towered over JiEun, but had an ugly inside to her. Her name was Kim SoRa.

 

"Yeah, so tell us, JiEun, you do like Myungsoo, don't you?" An awful smile now lingered across her face. She felt like throwing up just by looking at it. Ugh, she thought.

 

"Do I have to tell you once more? I said no, now leave me alone"

 

"Don't lie, tell us" the girls sniggered. JiEun felt extremely annoyed at the lot now.

 

Being a small and quiet girl with practically no friends, she was alone most of the time, as a result, often, she gets picked on. But being independent means that she could stand up for herself also.

 

"Go away, I have no time for losers like you" JiEun blurted out, almost regretting the choice of words she had picked after she said it. But it was true.

 

The girls looked at her in a shocked expression, one of them formed an 'o' shaped with , it was as if she had never been called something like that before.

 

"Excuse me? Losers? You're the only loser here. Look at yourself; pale, short, not to mention ugly, and you're calling us losers? Psh. You don't even have any friends. No one wants you here, or in fact, anywhere, actually."

 

Anger grew in JiEun as she watched the foul words come out of her dreadful mouth. She felt like slapping her right now, but instead, she violently pushed SoRa out of her way and began walking, feeling good about what she had done.

 

Suddenly, in a split second, a yell was heard throughout the hallway. SoRa was pulling JiEuns hair back and she let out a scream. "Let me go!" she yelped.

 

Abruptly, JiEun's screaming stopped. She looked back to find Myungsoo holding SoRa by the wrists, she was just staring at him, dumbfounded and shocked, it seemed that he had stopped her from her repulsive behaviour.

 

"Yah," his voice was low and deep, like always "I don't know who you are, but how immature could you be to do these kind of things? What's the problem? You should be in class by now, not tearing out another individual. Apologise." he demanded

 

SoRa looked at him, and then looked at JiEun "M-Mianhe. Mianheyo, JiEun ssi." she bowed constantly at her, then SoRa's eyes fixed back on Myungsoo, he gave her a look "Go." and in a rush, the girls scurried away in an instant.

 

JiEun looked at him and he looked at her afterwards, a smile was about to appear on her face as she was about to open to thank him, but he interrupted her. "You too" he stated

 

Her happy expression went down, she bowed to Myungsoo and quickly hurried away to her next class, in which she had to apologise for being awfully late.

 

But if she was late, then had Myungsoo been looking at the conversation that JiEun and the group of girls had been having? The suggestions of her liking Myungsoo could have possibly been heard by him himself. He could have possibly been eyeing the girls the whole time as a bystander before coming out to defend her.

 

Honestly, JiEun thought that Myungsoo would at least show her a warmer side of him and ask if she was okay, but instead that wasn't the way to it. Either way, she was still contented with what he did.

 

***

 

Another school day finally came to an end. JiEun was just making her way out of her last class of the day. Once more, coincidentially, she saw Myungsoo near his locker, looking busy putting in some of his books.

 

Oh yeah,  she thought, the science project. We have a week to do it, best start it now, right?

 

She walked towards him hurriedly and cleared .

 

"M-Myungsoo ssi," she stuttered out "uh, about t-the science project..." seemed to tremble now as she was getting nervous.

 

"What about it?" he asked, she was surprised at what he said, it was if he had no idea that they had to work with each other and go around each others houses.

 

"Well, we have about a week to do it. I have a lot going on right now, so why don't we just start it early?" she suggested

 

He stared at her for a moment, with a little twinkle of doubt in his eye. She was afraid of his response.

 

 

A/N:

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, and i'm sorry if I don't update that much in the following weeks or so. Reason being, I have a week full of exams next week. I have like, 6 exams in a span of two weeks, so ye. I have a lot to study, they're also really important. But however I will try to do my best to update frequently for you guys.

Thanks again for reading.