02 What Belongs to Me.

Clandestine Love

"Please, have a heart to give money to a poor old woman like me that lives in the streets." The old woman begged shaking a can with a bit of won in it at pedestrians. Most of them just ignored her and continued on their way. "Damn people can't give bit of something to an old beggar." She muttered under her breath as she gave up her begging. She looked at all the people that passed around her looking like they are all in a hurry. She saw inbetween the crowd men in black looking all over the area for somebody...for her. Her eyes grew wide enough that at some point she didn't even look Korean. "Oh no, they're looking for it!" she said taking the necklace from her old coat pocket. It shined in her hands as she rubbed it inbetween her fingers. "No, they can't take it away from me. It's mine!" she said looking crazier than ever. She tried to find a way to hide it from them. A little girl with a panda jacket with a panda head hoody and a little Hello Kitty outfit passed the old beggar woman going to the direction of a nearby candy store, but the old woman caught the little girl's wrist. The girl gasped scared as she saw that the senile woman had a foggy looking right eye. "Oh please my dear child," began the old woman looking at the girl directly in her dark chocolate pupils. "Won't you spare any change for an old woman like me?" she asked with a scrawny raspy voice. The woman's voice send chills down the girl's spine as she swallowed hard while still looking at the woman's foggy eyes. "I...I, Uh." The girl was having trouble finding her voice, she felt that something was definitely off about this woman. The old woman looked deeper into the eye's of the girl like trying to read her soul. "I sense the love and compassion this girl contains in her heart. Surely, this girl would be easy to fool earlier in life." the woman thought in her head. "Uh, here," the girl took all her won out of her panda jacket pocket and put it into the old lady's can. The woman quickly grabbed her hand. The girl gasped again by the sudden movement. "Can I trust you?" the old woman suddenly questioned. "What is your name?" she asked rubbing the girl's hands inbetween her's. "Honie, Yu Un Honie." the girl responded. The woman smiled again, "Yu Un Honie, can I trust you with a very important gift?" Honie looked at the old woman and nodded her head up and down many times until she was stopped by the womans hand under her chin leveling her face to face with the woman. "Good," the woman smiled showing bad teeth that where a bit black and chipped. The woman let the pendant fall into the girl's small hands. "You promise to take very good care of this pendant and protect it with your life as for it will protect you also." The girl nodded in agreement. "Yes Ma'm," A young woman from far away looked at the little girl and ran towards her. "Honie," she called out. She bend down to the girl's height while putting a hand to her cheek. "Honie, where have you been? I have been looking all over for you! Why couldn't you wait by my side!" she scolded her daughter. It wasn't until later that she noticed the old woman. "Oh Miss, I didn't know you where here with my daughter. I am truly sorry if she caused you any trouble." She bowed to the older woman. "Non at all." The older woman smiled again. "Ok, thank you again for looking after her all this while." Her mother bowed again. Honie's mother grabbed her hand where she had the pendant. "Honie, what's this?" she asked holding the pendant in her hands. "It's the necklace the old woman gave me." she answered simply. "Wow, it looks very expensive." she said while examining it. "Miss," her mother began when she looked up from the necklace, but she saw that the senile woman disappeared. "Where'd she go?" she asked looking at Honie who simply shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know Omma." She looked all around her, but no sight of that woman. Honie's mother felt a sudden chill in her spine. "C'mon Honie, lets go." she said picking up her daughter and carrying her out of the crowd. Not a few yards away the old woman stood smirking. "Honie, I will find you someday. I will get what belongs to me back." The woman saw the men in black leaving the shopping area. "Fools, they will never find me. I am just too slick." she bragged after walking away into the crowd.