Chapter 3: To new beginnings

The beginning of eternity: A romantic & idol afterstory

 

JB sits alone in his room just staring at the wall.

JB (thinking to himself): 1 month… 1 month since the program ended…. the others probably are in a much better situation than me. Mir and Jei, they're probably in some theme park riding every ride until they get sick. Hyejeong and Jun.K are probably on some seaside shore riding horses and letting their hair flow in the wind. Jihyun and Hyungsik?? they're probably married by now… Seungah noona. oh gosh.. every time i think of her ( which i do pretty much every single day) i feel so sorry for the way i treated her. being the youngest out of all, i was acting immature and went only for the pretty girls… i didn't realise how much i hurt her when i would talk about other girls. In reality, I really liked her, more than she ever knew. but i have no idea how to tell her. She is my noona, I don't want to hurt her and confuse her feelings. I just don't know what to do.

 

As JB stares at the wall, thinking to himself, Junior suddenly bursts in

Junior: Jaebumie hyung! what're you doing sitting around sulking? don't you want to go out and smell the fresh korean air.

JB: first of all, the "fresh korean air" you are talking about probably has pollution in it. and second, i don't feel like going out.

 

JB lies on the floor and Junior senses that somethings wrong, closes the door and sits on the floor next to JB

Junior: ah hyung. is this about Seungah? why don't you just call her to say how sorry you are

JB: i don't want to. she probably thinks I'm a cold, heartless person who thinks outside beauty is everything

Junior: really? Seungah noona doesn't look like the type to get angry like that. you know what i'll call her, hand me your phone

JB: pshhh fine. do what you want. i deleted her number anyways. i don't want her to think I'm obsessed or anything

Junior: well after you left her 23 voice mail messages then never return her calls, how in the world would she think you're obsessed.

JB: not the exact time for sarcasm.

Junior: alright then, i'll call Hyunsik

 

Junior picks up JB's phone and dial's  Hyungsik's number

*ring**ring*

hyungsik: hello? jaebumie?

Junior: hello! hyungsik! it's Junior, JB hyung's currently on the floor pondering on why life is sometimes unfair. wait i'll put you on speaker phone

Hyungsik: ah, the seungah thing isn't it?

Junior: as usual XD

Jihyun ( heard from afar) : hyungsik!! was my hair always that messy?

JB: Jihyun noona? i thought you called hyungsik.

Junior: so did i. hyungsik. is Jihyun there with you?

HYungsik: yup, she's here at the ZE:A apartment. were watching the broadcast together

JB: eh? she's living there? you're married already? well that was fast.

Junior: yea. i didn't read about any wedding news.

Hyungsik*blushing*: eh okokokok. were not married  yet ;)

junior and JB: YET!

hyungsik: wait. didn't you guys call about seungah noona?

Jihyun: seungah? i just talked to her on the phone a few days ago.

JB: really?what did she say? did she mention me?

Jihyun: calm down JB. she just asked to call when the broadcast will be.

JB: oh.. *sulks*

Junior: actually. i have an idea. if jihyun noona is willing, I'm going to ask a favour

Jihyun: i'd love to help. what can ido?

Junior: Jihyun, Can you get in touch with Seungah??

Jihyun: yea of course right now?

Junior: not yet, we need to think of a plan.

 

*after a few minutes of pondering*

Hyungsik: i have an idea!

Junior: what is it?

Hyungsik: why don't we recreate their first meeting. At the cafe.

Junior: Perfect, Except.. we don't know where the cafe is.

Jihyun: but someone in the same room as you does.

Junior: oh yea!! i'll ask. Jihyun Noona can you ask seungah noona to go there in an hour?

Jihyun: of course.! 

Junior: Thank you very much. i'l take care of the rest

Jihyun: ok. bye!!

 

Junior then hangs up the phone and with a determined look in his face, he was determined to have his friend up and running again.

Junior: JB!! GET UP AND GET DRESSED

JB: why? where are we going?

Junior: We're going to recreate destiny!

 

*meanwhile, back at the ZE:A apartment*

Jihyun: well, that was interesting.

Hyungsik:  wait, Jihyun noona. did you ask Seungah noona if she's free?

Jihyun: oh yea! i will. what will i do without you ;)

 

*ring**ring*

Seungah: hello?

Jihyun: seungah!! hi :D

Seungah: oh jihyun, What's up? where are you?

Jihyun: Are you busy now? I'm at the ZE:A apartment watching our broadcast.

Hyungsik: Seungah noona!! hello!!

Seungah: eh? you're living there? you two are married already? wow you two are fast.

Hyungsik(whispering to jihyun): ey, just like JB XD

Hyungsik(to Seungah): no noona :) not yet XD jk she's here to watch the broadcast with me :D

Seungah: ah, i see. you two be careful there now ;) and referring to if I'm free. we just wrapped up rehearsals so i have nothing else to do. do you guys want to hang out?

Jihyun: yea :D can you meet us at the cafe where you met Jaebumie?

Seungah: eh? that old place? why there of all places?

Hyungsik: hum…because… i heard… they have good fish cakes!! yea fish cakes!! w

Jihyun: yea i heard that too. with blueberries and everything. We can have a reunion :D

Seungah: uhuh? okay then. what time?

Hyungsik: in an hour or so?

Seungah: okay then, i'll just go get ready. 

Hyunsik: ok. bye noona!!

Jihyun: bye seungah!!

Seungah: byee~

 

Jihyun: ey, Hyungsik. did you ask JB where the cafe is. 

Hyungsik: thats right. what will i do without you? ;)

 

Jihyun and Hyungsik catch each others eyes and gaze at each other. Without noticing it, Their Faces get closer and closer with each passing second. In a second, there noses are touching with every intent by both of them to kiss when suddenly Siwan pops up from the stairs.

Siwan: ey Hyungsik!! Junior called to give you this address and oh…… looks like i just interrupted something. 

Hyungsik*blushing*: oh no, this was just uhm… practice.

Siwan: Practice… sure it was ;) alright then, i left the address by the phone. you take care of her now. ;) bye jihyun.

Jihyun*giggles*: bye Siwan oppa!

 

Siwan walks down the stairs and both Hyungsik and Jihyun erupt in laughter. 

Hyungsik: i guess we should get ready now for JB's surprise for seungah noona

Jihyun: sure. after… this!

 

Jihyun plants a light kiss on Hyungsik's lips and runs down the stairs and out the door leaving a rather dumbfounded hyungsik

Hyungsik: Woah. 

and he just lies down in the same position 

Siwan then climbs up the stairs again.

Siwan: hyungsik, what did you do to Jihyun? i saw her run out the door like a cheetah was chasing her.

Hyungsik: Siwan hyung, gather the boys, i have something to tell you guys

 

*meanwhile at the cafe*

Hyungsik  picks up Jihyun and they arrive at the cafe where they see the other teams from Romantic & idol.

Hyungsik: hey! were all here? it's like a mini reunion.

Mir: Yea! I ran into Jihyun noona as she was going home and she told me to dress up, pick up Jei noona and come here.

Jun K. : Junior told me to come here and since i was out eating ice cream with Hyejeong here i thought we'd just go straight here.

Jei: i heard it's something to do with "healing Jaebumie's heart"

Mir: ei, Jei noona, are you jealous? i thought you chose me?

Jei: No I'm not jealous XD I'm just wondering whats happening. no way will i ever replace you *proceeds to hug Mir*

Mir: hah just joking. *hugs Jei tighter*

Jun K.: ok guys break it up. people are watching XD

Hyejeong: in reality, Jun K. is also jealous of what he is seeing =_=

Jun K.: eh?? no way!! iwas just kidding . i made my choice and it was you! :3 XD *hugs hyejeong from behind*

Hyejeong: of course, and i'm glad you did :)) *plants a light kiss on Jun K.'s cheek

Mir: Jihyun noona, why were you in a hurry when you got home and your face was really red?

*jihyun and hyungsik look at each other and smile*

Jihyun: oh, i was at ZE:A's apartment watching the broadcast.

JunK.: eh? you two are living together? married already? how fast.

Hyungsik: is that really what it sounds like? hahah no, not yet ;) Xd

 

the group continues to talk about their trip to Jeju and catch up with each other while holding onto their respective partners. The boys continuously trying to keep their girls warm when JB shows up.

JB: hi guys! come on in! its cold outside.

Jun K.:ey! JB! whats going on? why are we here?

JB: i honestly don't really know. ask Junior,Jihyun noona and Hyungsik hyung. it was their idea

Hyungsik: its an elaborate plan to get JB to tell Seungah noona to say sorry personally

Mir: eh? then why are we here?

Jr.: well, Seungah wasn't gonna come if it was only Jaebum so we convinced her that were gonna have a reunion in celebration of 1 month of Romantic & idol

Hyungsik: well, since were here may as well have one :))

Jr.: plus me of course ;) XD

JB: im so glad were all back together :)) and I'm actually very nervous about this. more nervous than I've ever felt…

Jei: Ei, Jaebummie. you'll be fine :)) just treat her like a lady :)

Mir: yea! what she said =D

JB: alright then, let's go to the second floor, she'll be here any moment now.

 

Seungah's car drives up to the front of the cafe and she gets off

Seungah: ah, this place. Such bittersweet memories. well, i'm not about to pass up a chance to meet with jihyun. may as well. 

 

just then Seungah receives a text from hyungsik.

" noona! we're in the second floor. Come and join us "

 

Seungah: the second floor.. thats where we first met.. what cruel joke is the world playing on me this time. May as well, it up. He won't return any of my calls anyways. What's past is past.

 

Seungah enters the cafe and proceeds to the second floor. But what she sees is not what she expected.

"SURPRISE" everyone yelled. Seungah was blown away.

 

Seungah: Wah! what am i being surprised for? i thought this was a reunion? if this is just a Romantic & idol reunion, why is Jr. Here??

Jihyun: Hi Seungah. We can explain.

Hyunsik: actually, we coordinated with Jr. Because a special someone wanted to say something 

 

right then and there, JB appeared with a huge bouquet of roses. Seungah watched as he came closer and closer to her. Its as if time stopped and the only thing that was moving was JB. Inch by inch he came closer and Seungah thought "is this really happening? is this real? what does this mean?"

 

JB: Seungah noona,i'm sorry. I wasn't thinking back then. please forgive me.

Seungah: JB, i tried to call you. but you never called me back. I gave you a chance but you blew it, you blew it.

JB: Seungah noona. I know i blew it big time. what I'm asking right now is for your forgiveness. for a fresh start. because i hurt you. and i want to leave all the hurt behind and start anew, so seungah please accept my apology.

 

Seungah looks at his face and thinks to herself "woah. he's serious. for once in his life Jaebum is serious about something." she looked around at the hopeful faces around her. Her Idols who spent 3 days and 4 nights with her at Jeju Island. they've been through everything with her but wound up pretty good. She then directed her gaze back to JB. JB is on the brink of tears and starts to get teary eyed as he and everyone else awaits her answer. 

Seungah(thinking to herself): I know he hurt me. I know he still has a lot to learn but he can't be that bad. after all, he did today. May as well give him another chance"

 

Seungah:Okay. ill give you another chance. but just one more. My heart can't take roller coaster emotions right now.

 

everyone rejoices and the atmosphere in the cafe turns from tense to joyous.

Jr. : okay everyone! let's take this party downstairs and leave these two lovebirds alone.

 

The idols say their farewells to both JB and Seungah and proceed to have a party downstairs

 

JB: Seungah noona, thanks for giving me another chance. i know its too messy right now to continue where we left off so i want to go back where we started

 

JB leads Seungah back to the table where they had their first date. On top of the table where two paper cups. One filled with Vanilla Latte and the other, Caramel Macchiato.

JB: i want to start all over. Erase the bad memories. So what do you say?

Seungah(with a smirk): sounds good to me. hi there I'm Rainbow's Oh seungah

JB: =) hello i'm JJ project's Jaebumie and i think this is the start of a beautiful friendship. =)

Seungah: funny i think so too, i guess great mind think alike

JB: i guess so.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i always thought JB was misunderstood as a cruel guy. disclaimer: he's not. being the youngest, hes probably under a lot of pressure. give him a chance. i seriously do like them together :3 good day everyone :D