Punishment

Royal Taboo

 

Dark.. The place is dark and cold..
 
The only color he can see is black with some flicker of orange light from the torches that hang at the wall and brown wooden bar..
 
There is no one there except of him and 2 guards outside..
 
He can feel nothing, just coldness that pierced all through his skin and bones like sword made from ice..
 
If he feel frightened.. It's understandable.. Who wouldn't in his situation right now.. You can do nothing.. You know nothing.. Not even what will happen to you the very next second.. Not even know if you can ever leave the place.. It's like drown into complete blindness..
 
But somehow he already know that this day will come sooner or later where his sin will be exposed..
 
Sounds of footsteps echoing through the quiet room.. The young lord can feel his heart pounded wilder as the footsteps come nearer to where he is..
 
He can see the guards bowed to the newcomer at that place before the bar's door opened with screeching sound..
 
He lowered his face.. He doesn't even dare to see the person.. But he know who it is..
 
"Y-your majesty.." His voice trembled.. He doesn't know anymore if his voice is trembling because of the coldness or fear..
 
"I believed you will be a good friend for my son.. But who know you actually persuade him to drown into your shameful world?!.. How dare you!." The queen voice also trembling harshly.. But Junsu know it's due to anger and disgust..
 
Junsu said nothing..
 
"I've always been proud of my Son.. He always been perfect in front of me.. But you tainted him!.. It's all your fault!.." The queen screamed.. Junsu can't see her face.. But from her voice alone, he can say that the queen. Is crying..
 
Junsu can feel his own tears begin to trickling down from his eyes..
 
"How long has it been going on between the two of you?.."
 
Junsu swallowed the lump in his throat before answering "4-4 years your majesty.."
 
"H-how far have you two going?,," the queen asked.. Now Junsu can hear tint of fear on her voice.. As if she is afraid of Junsu's answer..
 
"Kissing.."
 
Junsu can hear the queen little breath of relief.. But it soon back into anger..
 
"You are disgusting.. I feel like chopping that dirty hands of yours off for you dare to lay it on my son's body.. I feel like burnt that lips of yours for you dare to lay it on my son's.." The queen hissed through gritted teeth..
 
Junsu trembled more greatly at the image..
 
"I can't stay here anymore.. Just seeing you make me wanna to puke.. Guards whip him 100 times each day.. Bare his clothes until the thinest layer.." She said with an authority voice before leaving the place..
 
The guards immediately approached Junsu as soon as the queen left the place.. Force him to stand up before taking his clothes of his body until only thr thinest white colored layer of clothing remain covering his body..
 
He then being lead to lie on one long wooden bench..
 
One of them then grab the whip before start to whip his body with it.. Each whip leave red line across his body..
 
Junsu gritted his teeth to lessen the pain.. But slowly it become unbearable.. Blood start to seeping out and tainted his white cloth..
 
Finally he couldn't bear it anymore and let scream ripped out of his throat..
 
-----
 
The palace is buzzing with the news that the young police chief who is well known as the crown prince's best friend suddenly been missing.. There is a rumor that the police chief had committed a fault that angered the queen..
 
But no one is sure about what really happened..
 
-----
 
"I don't want to eat!.. Leave!" The crown prince shoved away the tray of foods that the palace maid is holding with harsh movement.. Sending it flying down and scattered all over the floor..
 
The maid look startled but immediately bowed down and quickly left the place seeing the prince glared at her with bloody shot eyes..
 
He is furious.. Tears cannot stop streaming down from his eyes like river..
 
What Junsu is doing right now?.. What his mother do to Junsu.. He is worried like crazy.. And his worry just growing each seconds, twisting the pit of his stomach, making him feel sick..
 
"Su.." He cried while hugging himself.. Feeling guilt and angry of himself for he can do nothing..
 
-----
 
The military minister marched through the castle.. His steps are furious..
 
"I want to see the queen.." He said to the guards who are guarding the audience hall..
 
"The military minister request to see the queen.." One of the guard announced.. No long after the maid inside opened the big double door..
 
The minister immediately marched inside.. The queen immediately gestured everyone in the room to leave.. So there are just two of them..
 
"Why the minister want to meet me?.." The queen asked in calm voice..
 
The minister bowed.. "Your majesty.. I'm here to seek the answer of why my son is being held.."
 
"He committed an unforgivable sin.."
 
"My apology your majesty.. But I don't think my son able to commit any faulty.. He is an innocent boy.."
 
"Innocent?.." The queen sneered.. "I found him seducing the crown prince even though they are both man.."
 
The minister widen his eyes in shock.. "Maybe it's just a misunderstanding your majesty.. It can't be true.."
 
"I saw both of them kissing with my own eyes.." She hissed coldly..  "So let's make an agreement.. If you don't making fuss of this and just accept your son's punishment.. I won't exile the entire of your family out and you can remain on your position as military minister.." The queen said with final tone..
 
"Y-your majesty.."
 
-----
 
Junsu didn't know how long already he has been here..
 
"Jae.." He murmured weakly.. He missed him..
 
Suddenly the man who he missed appear before him.. Holding his face gently.. He can see the man smiling sweetly through his hazed eyes..
 
"I'm here Su.. Don't be afraid.. I'll always be there for you.."
 
"Jae.." Junsu forced a weak smile to appear at his face.. "Jae..".. He reached out his hand.. His hand feel really heavy, but he forced to lift it so he can touch the man in front of him.. To feel his skin against him once again..
 
With difficulty he manage to do it.. But his hand went through nothing.. The figure in front of him suddenly disappear..
 
He let out bitter chuckle.. Tears seeped out from his eyes..
 
Suddenly footsteps echoed through the place again.. It's the queen again..
 
He forced his heavy body to move and bow.. Every move sending jolt of pain all over his body.. "Your majesty.." His voice is hoarse..
 
Suddenly he can feel hands grabbing his forearms and force him to sit down.. Back leaned on the cold stone wall behind..
 
Through his hazed eyes he can see one of them holding something on his hand.. It's long and black.. But he isn't sure what it is..
 
"Usually a royal that committed sin should be exiled to the northern east.. And I would do so to you after the crown prince's marriage.." The queen said in cold voice.. "But.. Before that I'll do something to make you always remember the sin you committed.." She said..
 
He can feel the fabric of cloth on his left shoulder pulled down.. Hands push his bare shoulder against the wall firmly so he couldn't move..
 
The next thing Junsu know is, searing hot thing being pressed into his bare left chest, right where his heart is.. Burning his skin mercilessly..
 
"Arrrggghhhh!!!.." He can't help but to let scream ripped through his throat.. The pain is unbearable.. He squirmed, trying to pull it away.. But he can't do anything to lessen it's pain.. Until finally his body went limp.. It feels like hours before it finally pulled from his body..
 
His throat feel sore after all the scream.. His chest move up in and down in rapid speed due to his harsh breathing..
 
"This letter S will be tattooed on your body forever since your heart have been sinned.." The queen said in cold tone..
 
Junsu can feel his mind slowly seeped from consciousness.. But before everything went black.. He see blurry figure of someone entering the place and the queen then leave the place in hurry..
 
-----
 
"Why don't you tell me that the crown prince hasn't eat anything in this past three days?.." The queen asked furiously.. Voice trembled with anger..
 
The maid bend down her head in fear.. She can't produce a single word..
 
"Guard.. Bring her and hit her with wooden stick 100 times!.." She yelled..
 
The maid widen her eyes in horror.. "Forgive me your majesty.. Forgive me.." She cried.. But her plead fell to deaf ears as she being dragged by the guard..
 
"How is he?.." She asked the doctor who finished checking on the prince..
 
"He need assumption of nutrition your majesty.. I already make him drank some medicine, so he will wake up soon.. But he need to eat after that.. Porridge will be the best because his stomach hasn't assume anything this few days so highness need something easy to eat..  " The doctor said before excuse himself out..
 
"Ask the cook to cook a porridge and bring it here.." The queen ordered..
 
The queen sit down on the edge of the bed near the unconscious crown prince.. Caressed his handsome face sadly.. "Why are you like this my prince?.." She asked in sad tone.. "What should mother do to you?.".. Tear slipped from the queen's eyes.. Her heart breaking seeing her own son in this state..
 
Suddenly the crown prince stirred in his sleep.. Eyes fluttering open..
 
"Bring the food fast!.." The queen yelled..
 
"W-what are you doing here?.." The crown prince voice is weak as he say it..
 
"My son.. Why are you torturing yourself like this?.."
 
"I want to meet Junsu.."
 
"I can't allow you to meet him.."
 
"I beg you mother.." The crown prince pleaded..
 
"What has he had done to you to make you act like this over him?.."
 
"He do nothing except give me happiness and love.." Jaejoong answered coldly.. Doesn't like the way her mother talk about his lover.. As if he is someone low..
 
"It isn't love my prince.. It shouldn't be love.."
 
"No!.. I really love him.. Please let us be together.. Don't do anything bad for him.."
 
The maid come inside and bring the tray of porridge.. 
 
"Let's get you to eat first.." The queen said.. She take the bowl of porridge and take a spoonful of it, blow it so it's not to hot to eat..
 
"I don't want to eat.." Jaejoong turned away.. His voice become lifeless..
 
"You should eat my son.."
 
"I don't want to.. I only want Junsu now.."
 
"But you can die if you don't eat.."
 
"Why should I care if I will die ot not?.. I don't know how is he doing now.. He must be suffering now.. So I should suffer too.." He said..
 
"I make him stay away from you it's for your own good.."
 
"What good is it to take away the source of my happiness?.."
 
"You'll forget him soon.."
 
"I'll never.. I promise you.."
 
"You should eat or I will torture him harder.."
 
"You should know mother.. The more he suffer.. I suffered twice as much as him.." 
 
-----
 
His head is dizzy.. Everything seems to be spinning in his head.. He closed his heavy eyes.. But the dizziness still unbearable.. He feel like he being drowned by the spinning world deeper and deeper each second..
 
He can hear the screeching of the door opened sounded again.. He want to open his eyes.. But he doesn't have the strength to..
 
No long after he can feel familiar warm hand cupping his cheek again.. He know by heart whose hand is it..
 
He forced his eyes to open.. There he see the eyes he missing so much staring him with worries filling it..
 
'Is it another hallucination?.. It must be it.. He must missing the man so much..' He thought..
 
"Su?.. Su!.." The airy voice he missed calling him..
 
"Jae?.. Is that really you?.." He asked.. Voice barely audible..
 
"Yes.. It's me Su.. It's me.." Jaejoong caressed Junsu's face very gently.. Afraid if he use any strength, the man in front of him will feel pain..
 
The crown prince's heart has been shattered the moment he step his feet into the dungeon.. Seeing the man he love breathing harshly, dressed in blood bathed white robe, face pale like sheet of paper..
 
When he touch the other's face he can feel the other's skin is very cold like an ice..
 
"Jae.. Is it really you?.." His lover asked again.. Voice still barely audible..
 
Hot tears burning his eyes.. "Yes it's me Su.." He cried softly..
 
Junsu smiled weakly.. "I miss you.."
 
"I miss you too.. Very very much.." Jaejoong said, voice trembling with tears.. He captured the other's cold lips with his warm one tenderly.. Trying to transfer some warmness.. "I love you.."
 
"It's cold Jae.." Junsu said again.. Jaejoong immediately pulled him into a tight hug.. Hoping it will provide even just a little comfort to his lover..
 
"It's okay Su.. I'm here now.. I won't let you feel cold again.." He said coaxed the other.. "Mother.. I beg you please release him and call a doctor for him now.." He turned his head to his mother who standing behind them all this time..
 
The queen stay still.. She was watching them from the beginning.. She cringed seeing how gentle and loving his son's gesture to the other man.. Like the other man is a fragile doll that will break soon..
 
"Do you really love him?.." The queen finally opened ..
 
"Yes.. With all my heart.." Jaejoong answered without any hesitation.. "Without him my life will be a torture.."
 
The queen closed her eyes.. Trying to get hold of her composure.. Her heart broke knowing her son has drown too deep into the sin and almost impossible to be helped anymore..
 
But she as her mother want her son to be happy.. Isn't it the purpose of her life as a mother.. So she should do something for the sake of his son..
 
"I'll let you be with him but with conditions you two must follow.." The queen said..
 
-----
 
a/n : This chapter had been hard for me.. T^T.. Why I'm torturing you Su?.. Forgive me., T^T..
 
Anyway what I want to ask is if any of you feel confused with my style of writing?.. If so, please tell me and I'll edit it to fist person point of view type.. Thanks^^