18

Royal Taboo

 

Blue silk with golden dragon emblem adorned his body.. He has little tight bun on top of his head..
 
The little crown prince is now a man.. Walking with overflowing charisma despite his young age through the palace.. Every maid bow at his presence.. Before squealing with each other when he finally out of the sight..
 
"The crown prince is so handsome.."
 
"He isn't human.."
 
"If only I can be his concubine.."
 
"Just can serve and see him close everyday is enough.."
 
All of them said dreamingly..
 
 The crown prince now already stepped at the age of 18.. The age where he need to married already..
 
All minister and noble clan brought their daughters offered for marriage, but he always declined it, despite of his mother coax..
 
"You need to marry now.. You are about to take the throne and you should have your consort.." His mother told him.. But he doesn't care because he know whoever he will marry, it definitely won't be his Junsu.. While he just want Junsu.. Only Junsu..
 
Smile formed on his lips when he remembering the cute man who never lose the cuteness and innocence no matter how much he grow.. As the time went by.. His love for the other just grow bigger and bigger until sometimes he feel like his heart gonna burst because it isn't enough to held the amount of love he has for the other man.
 
Looking left and right, he saw no one in sight.. He immediately make his turn to the direction of the forbidden chamber.. His and Junsu's secret place, where they can act like how they want without afraid of watching eyes caught them..
 
He made a fast steps to reach it faster.. Excited to meet his loved one.. Hand opened and closed the wooden door in fast motion when he finally reached his destination..
 
There already waiting cute young man with baby blue clothing standing at the middle of room playing with his own feet, looking bored..
 
The crown prince fastened his steps and in no time standing before the man "I miss you.." He said pulling the smaller man into his embrace..
 
The young lord laughed cutely at his lover.. "We just met yesterday.." He said between his laugh..
 
"But I miss you every second you aren't in my sight.." The crown prince responded with a pout.. His charismatic always dissipates when he is only with his lover.. This side of him only Junsu can bring it out..
 
The young lord laughed even more.. "You are so cheesy your highness.." He said, eyes twinkling brightly in happiness.. Jaejoong laughed too, his lover's laugh always has this infectious effect..
 
"Only for you.." He planted a chaste kiss on his lover's plump red lips.. He put his forehead at the other's staring right into the twinkling eyes.. Enjoying having the other inside his arms..
 
"I can't be here for long.." Junsu said in soft tone.. "I should practice my sword because I have to perform for tomorrow's festival.."
 
Tomorrow the palace will celebrate their winning at a war against another kingdom at the the east coast..
 
The crown prince pouted while caressed his lover's cheek gently with the back of his hand.. "I still miss you.."
 
"We will meet again tomorrow.." Junsu kissed the other's pout away..
 
"I want to see you perform so much.. But I hate the festival.." The crown prince still pouting..
 
"Why?.."
 
"Because all the royals will brought their daughters and my mother will force me to choose once to marry with.." Jaejoong whined..
 
Junsu smiled knowingly.. "Maybe you must choose one already Jae.." He said gently.. Sadness can be heard in his voice..
 
The crown prince pulled away in shock.. "What are you talking about?.. I don't want to marry any of them.. Just you..".. The crown prince staring right into the other's eyes, trying to send his sincerity through his gaze.. 
 
Junsu smiled sadly and trace his lovers face lightly.. "I know.. But we can't.. We can't be like this forever.. You need a wife as your future queen Jae.. You are the king.. We shouldn't be selfish.. Maybe it's the best if we part away.."
 
Jaejoong pulled the smaller man into tight hug.. "No.. I doesn't want to have this conversation again.. I only want you and that's final.. To hell with that throne.. Let's just runaway together.."
 
Junsu chuckled sadly, if only they can just runaway like what Jaejoong said.. "We can't Jae.. You need to do your responsibility as crown prince.. And I know you will be a good king.."
 
"Then you should stay with me forever if you want to take my responsibility and be a good king.. I'll go insane if you ever left me, let alone being a good king without you by my side.. Promise me that you'll never left me.."
 
Junsu laughed lightly and nodded his head, a single drop of tear fall down from his tadpole eyes.. "I promise I will never left you.."
 
"Good then.." The crown prince leaned to capture his lover's lips again.. This time longer that before..
 
"Let's now stop talking about depressing things and just enjoying our time together.." Jaejoong said..
 
Junsu nodded his head agreeing with it..
 
"You know what?.. It isn't fair that you can wear colorful clothing while I'm stuck with this blue clothes all my life.." The crown prince suddenly said in pout..
 
Junsu burst into fit of laughter.. Jaejoong indeed know how to change the atmosphere.. "But i prefer it that way.. So I don't need to chose what I should wear everyday.." The young lord said which make the crown prince have funny expression on his face..
 
"Like you choose your clothing by your own.."
 
"Well the maid do the job of course.." The young lord grinned childishly.. All the heavy talk they had before long gone from both mind in instant..
 
-----
 
Noises can be heard at every corner of the palace.. Everyone is busy for the festival at the main hall of the palace..
 
Just like Jaejoong said many minister brought their daughters to the festival, all adorned in finest silk and most beautiful hair accessories.. But Jaejoong can't see the difference actually..
 
They all take their place surrounding the  center field where the attraction will be showed..
 
All of them standing when the king's arrival announced.. So does Jaejoong.. They just can seat when the king finally sitting and gestured them to sitting down..
 
Jaejoong is seated beside his father who sitting at the center between he and his mother..
 
The king raised the small cup in his hand..   "Everyone.. Let's enjoy this fetival.." The king said..
 
Everyone raised their own cup.. And the festival begin..
 
The first perfomance are some girls or gisaeng dancing.. Jaejoong stared at them with boring eyes..
 
"Crown prince.. Do you see all beautiful ladies over there?.. Has any of the catch your sight?.." His mother asked him..
 
"No.." Jaejoong said shortly.. His eyes planted at the open field.. He is impatient to see his lover already..
 
Finally after few more attraction that make Jaejoong feel sleepy, his lovers name announce..
 
The crown prince eyes lit up immediately in anticipation..
 
He see his lover entered the center field with black clothing with red lining and red long ribbon tied around his bun on top of his head..
 
The young lord pull his sword from it's stash after taking a deep breath..  He began his movement slowly.. Leg parted in slow motion before his movement second by second got faster.. Jumping and turning at the middle of the field while slicing the air with his sword.. Everyones eyes focusing on his every movement..
 
The movement is graceful.. He looks like he is dancing in the air.. He always does.. Jaejoong can never getting himself to stop awing over the other playing with his sword even though he saw it many times before..
 
Whenever he is with sword, his lover just change into another person. Eyes turned sharp not like it usual cheerful gaze.. He always has this charismatic presence whenever he is using his sword completely different from his adorable self..
 
Jaejoong caught the other's gaze directed to him time to times.. Jaejoong gave an encouragement stare..
 
Finally after the few minutes the performance ended.. The king applauded, followed by the others attendants..
 
Junsu stashed back his swords and bowed down to the king.. Before left the place..
 
Jaejoong breathed out.. Now there is nothing to anticipate in this festival anymore.. He darted his eyes to his lover who now took his seat beside his own father who seated diagonally from Jaejoong's position..
 
Jaejoong sulking inside at the distance.. He feel like going there and just sit beside his lover.. The festival will surely be better..
 
He then noticed that some women are staring at his lover with admiring stare.. Stealing shy glances once a while at Junsu's direction which Junsu responded with polite shy smile whenever he notice it..
 
The blood in Jaejoong's veins boiling at the sight.. He don't like anyone staring at his Junsu like that..
 
Oh how he want to end this festival soon..
 
Finally the food served.. Another group of dancers come to entertain the festival..
 
Hours passed, finally the festival ended much to Jaejoong's happiness.. All through the festival the only thing he enjoyed was Junsu's performance and the way Junsu blush when he got caught stealing glances at Jaejoong..
 
Jaejoong made his way to his own chamber.. Or at least act like so.. Before he sneaked outside once more and made his way to the forbidden chamber.. He and Junsu promised to sneaked to there at the midnight..
 
When he reached there.. Junsu is already arrived like always, sitting on the edge of the bed..
 
Jaejoong make his way to sit beside his lover..
 
"I hate those girls ogling at you.." It's the first words he said..
 
Junsu look at the other with amused face.. "Well no compliment for my perfomance?.."
 
Jaejoong pouted.. "It's beautiful as usual.. And I always proud of you.. But still I hate those girls ogling at you like that.. Only I can see you that way.. You are mine.. Only mine.. Mine to see.. Mine to touch.. Mine to love.." The crown prince said childishly.. Warping protective hands around his lover..
 
Junsu blushed at the other's protectiveness.. Butterflies dancing in his stomach hearing the words..
 
"Yes.. I'm yours.." He said shyly..
 
Jaejoong smiled at the other before kissing his lover lovingly.. 
 
They spent the rest of the night together in each other's embrace, stealing few kisses and laugh together at their secret place..
 
-----
 
Jaejoong was reading inside his own chamber when suddenly Junsu's coming announced by his maid..
 
"Young lord Junsu is here you see you your highness.."
 
Jaejoong gestured the maid to let Junsu come..
 
Few second later he heard Junsu's footsteps walking inside, he lift his head.. There he see Junsu in black robe and long red sleeve, he also has big black hat with red fur on top of his head..
 
He gestured all the maids to left his chamber.. The maids bowed and left the place..
 
"Jae.. I'm finally police chief.." Junsu proudly showing his new uniform..
 
"Now you gonna stuck with black and red everyday.." Jaejoong teased.. Even though he is drooling inside, thinking how hot the man look in his new uniform..
 
Junsu childishly stick out his tongue.. "I don't care.."
 
Jaejoong laughed at the cute sight in front of him.. He reached out his hand and pulled the smaller man's hand.. Making him sit on his lap..
 
Junsu let out a gasp.. "Jae.. What if suddenly the main come in?.." Junsu giggled protesting in low voice so no one outside could hear..
 
"They wouldn't dare.." Jaejoong nuzzled his nose on Junsu's playfully making the other giggle more..
 
"How can cute man like you become a police officer.. No one will afraid of you.." He teased the police officer again..
 
Junsu pouted and glared at his lover..
 
Jaejoong chuckled and kiss the pouting lips.. "You know I am right.." He said playfully..
 
The young lord bite his lover's tongue..
 
"Ouch!. What's that for?.."
 
Junsu huffed.. "For always teasing me.."
 
"You.. You'll get the punishment for daring biting on crown prince's tongue.." Jaejoong threatening playfully before leaning in for another kiss.. Junsu laughed between the kiss..
 
"Your highness the queen mother is here to meet you.." The main announced..
 
Jaejoong and Junsu immediately pulled away from the kiss and standing straight..
 
"Let her come.." He said back in loud voice so the maid outside can hear..
 
"This is why I don't like meeting with you inside my chamber.." Jaejoong mumbled in annoyed tone.. Angry because someone interrupted their kiss..
 
The queen mother stepped inside and made her way to sit at the place Jaejoong sit before..
 
Jaejoong and Junsu bowed when she finally sit down before they also sit across of her in front of the small table..
 
"Oh Junsu you also here.." She smiled gently at Junsu..
 
Junsu smiled back.. "Yes your highness but I need to excuse myself now.. I need to start my duty.." He said and bow again.. He feel weird being with Jaejoong and his mother in a room alone..
 
"Oh okay.. You can go now.." The queen said..
 
-----
 
The crown prince is standing in front of the lake.. Mind wondering to his lover.. They become rare to meet lately since the man become police officer..
 
Either he need to patrol or there are some case to handle.. And the king also handed himself a lot of work as preparation to become a king..
 
Jaejoong huffed.. He miss the other terribly.. Suddenly maid coming to him..
 
"Your highness.." The maid bow at him..
 
"Yes?.."
 
"The King is in bad state.."
 
"What?.." With the fast step he immediately went to kings chamber..
 
The maid announced his arrival and let him come.. Inside the king is laying weakly and several doctors surrounding him.. While the queen is at the side crying..
 
Yes this past months the king always cough and get tired easily.. But today he suddenly cough bloods..
 
Every doctor was called.. They said the King condition is  really bad.. And need a lot of rest..
 
"Son.. I need to talk to you.." His mother turned to him.. "I need you to follow me to my chamber.." The queen order..
 
Both he and his mother made their way to queen's chamber and take a seat..
 
"Son.. You really need to marry soon.. Your father is ill.. And you need to take the throne.. But you must married in order to do so.." His mother said..
 
"But mother.. I can't.."
 
"Why?.."
 
"I just can't.."
 
"Jaejoong.. I spoiled you too much!.. You need to listen to my order!.. I'll bring a girl and you must marry her.. I'll arrange the marriage as soon as possible, wether you like it or not.." His mother said in firm tone.. Taking no answer..
 
"No is no!.." Jaejoong yelled before calmed down again seeing his mother shocked face, he feel guilty for yelling at his mother.. "I'm sorry your highness.. But I need to go now.." He said and excused himself out..
 
Jaejoong asked his maid to call Junsu to meet him once he is outside saying it's urgent..
 
He made his way to the forbidden chamber again..
 
He sat there waiting for his lover to come.. Foot tapping on the wooden floor impatiently..
 
Minutes later finally the door opened.. He immediately straighten himself and approach his lover..
 
He immediately pulled the other into his embrace.. Tears suddenly bursting from his eyes when he feel the warmness of the other's presence..
 
"I heard about the king's condition.. I'm sorry.." Junsu warped his hand around the crown prince, putting his head at the other's head..
 
Silence blanketed them.. Only Jaejoong's sobs can be heard..
 
"Su.." Jaejoong finally said after a while..
 
"Hmm?.."
 
"My mother forced me to marry soon.. I-I don't want it!.." He continue to sobbing..
 
Junsu fell silence..
 
"Maybe you should really do it Jae.."
 
"Why you always encourage me to marry another person!.." Jaejoong pulled away from the hug.. Eyes glaring in rage.. "Don't you love me?..  Why you want it so badly for me to be married?!.. Or all this just fake?.."
 
Junsu shook his head immediately.. "No.. No.. I don't mean it like that.. I love you.. I really do.. But I thought it maybe the best.. We are impossible.. What we has is wrong.. It's taboo!.. Forbidden.. And you are a crown prince.. I have no right to keep you from taking your responsibility.." Junsu said. Tears start to streaming down his face too.. His own words stab his own heart..
 
Jaejoong cupped his lover's face.. "I don't care if our love is taboo or not.. I just know you are the only one I love and will ever love.. And for me it's the right thing.."
 
"We can always stay as best friends or brother Jae.." Junsu coaxed even though his own heart disagree with his mouth and brain..
 
"No I don't want to be just friend or whatever it is!.. And I don't want to be with someone else.." Jaejoong said stubbornly.. "I love you Su.. I really love you.."
 
Junsu didn't say anything he just cried.. His heart feel like it's clenched tightly in the battle between his logic and his own feeling..
 
"If you really love me.. Run away with me.."
 
"I.. I.. But the king?.."
 
"My father still has another son from his concubine who can replace me.."
 
Jaejoong eyes pleaded at Junsu..
 
Junsu let out a sigh.. "O-okay.."
 
Smile immediately blossomed on Jaejoong's lips.. He leaned in to capture his lover's lips lovingly..
 
"Thank you Su.. I love you.." He said between the kiss..
 
'Sorry father and mother.. But I can't imagine myself with someone else beside Junsu..' Jaejoong thought..
 
While Junsu think that he will talk more with Jaejoong when the later cool off and can think straight again..