Chapter 6: Visitors

Hidden ♦

 

 

C H A P T E R 6: Visitors

 

Yixing was standing in front of the big gates for the tenth time this week. And this was actually the first time he woke up and started to realize what he was getting into. A chuckle escaped his lips as if he just now realized his sillyness. He ran a hand in his blonde short hair, making it even messier than earlier. Not giving it another thought he shrugged while chuckling once again and opened the gate.

He couldn't care less, to be honest.

Until now his life had been a dull routine he had to follow. Before he went to medical school, all he did was study, thinking only about his future. Probably learned from his parents who were always working and reminding him about school. Now that he had succeded in what he wanted, he regretted not hanging out with his friends, chasing cute girls and living his teenage years to the fullest.

To tell you the truth, he hadn't even had his first love yet, if you don't count in the silly crushes he had in elementary school.

And now he was trying to fall in love with a random haunted girl, or something. She was attractive, though, so it was a plus.

"Hi", he said loudly as he entered through the unlocked the door. He had learned that she never locked the door because no one ever came here. Knowing the girl was upstairs, he walked through the hall to climb up the stairs, but got stopped when he heard a scream from the dining room. He rushed to the room, obviously surprised.

When he opened the door he froze, in his mind debating whether to run away or not.

There wasn't only the usual one demon, but instead two, the other significantly more powerful. The usual demon was standing a few meters away from the other, facing the floor, only the glow of his red eyes slightly visible from under his bangs that were covering his eyes. As Yixing laid his eyes on Hana, he widened his eyes even more. She was a complete mess, she was crying so terribly it wold break anyone's heart. She had her arms covering her head as her eyes stared at something. Yixing followed her gaze to a body of a man in the corner of the room. He had no idea what was going on, but he knew he needed to run if he wanted to stay alive.

He couldn't even flinch when he heard the booming voice of the other demon, proving him that he indeed was extremely powerful.

"Ah, so you are the one trying to rescue this pretty little lady that has been our nuisance for a long time. Don't worry, lady, it totally isn't your fault, it's this Kai's fault. You see, he blames his humanity for not killing you already. He's weak, I understand that, so instead of him, I am here to end this, finally", the other demon said and turned his attention back to me. "And you, now that you know we do exist, you have to die too."

Yixing cursed inside his head. Not because he got tangled into this mess, hell no. Because he was so weak he couldn't even defend himself in a situation like this.

"Run", he heard a silent whimper from Hana. He turned to look at her. She had stopped crying. "You don't have to be here, so run away", she said now louder. "I'd love to die and see my family again. I'm sorry for being so selfish and bringing you into this mess."

Yixing definitely thought he was suicidal as he shook his head.

"No, I agreed in everything. I'm not the kind of person to leave stuff undone", he said back and closed the distance between them, now cursing himself even more inside his head.

He was psychotic.

He needed some kind of therapy.

But he didn't care.

He needed to save her, it didn't matter how he was going to fall in love with her in mere minutes, since he definitely was going to do it. Time for the two had ran out way too quickly, and he absolutely had to save the two from this mess.

Yixing was going to save her.

"How fascinating. Such bravery is rare. Too bad it has to be erased from this world", the demon said and turned to look at the man's body in the corner of this room. "Once again."

"Why would you bring my father's body in here?", Hana suddenly yelled, making Yixing take another look of the body. He was her father?

"It's just a play, to create some kind of amusement to this very tragic day. To show what it all begun from. Entertainment", the demon explained its entire aura glowing darkness and horror. Yixing was disgusted as he helped Hana up again.

"How can you call this entertainment?", he asked and the demon let out a laugh that echoed through the whole mansion, sending shivers down Yixing's spine.

"You are a mere human, you could never understand a demon's mind", he told and sighed.

"Let's cut the chit chat and let's just end this", the creature said growing bored of the talk.

"I have something to say too", a voice came from the corner, sounding small and weak compared to the other demon. Kai stepped out of the shadows while smirking, his mind a complete mess.

A silent laugh escaped his lips as he stared at Hana. Yixing blinked.

"I regret coming in this mansion. I regret becoming a demon and I regret not meeting you when I was still alive", he told and the other demon turned towards Kai, obviously surprised.

"I have done so much bad and so little good that I hate myself. But now that it has come to this, I can at least leave doing something good", he said and looked at the other demon.

Without another word he landed a punch on its face already knowing he was going to die. He was going somewhere. Where? He didn't know. Maybe he stops existing. Maybe he ends up in a place far more terrible than the demonic universe.

Kai fought back as the other demon literally destroyed him in little pieces.

Meanwhile Yixing took this as an opportunity and grabbed Hana's hand while running upstairs. He didn't know whether the other demon could enter the room, but he had to at least try. He heard Hana cry out loud as she hit her leg on one of the stairs, but as he looked back, he noticed her fighting the pain back and continuing to run forwards.

They were clumsy as they made a lot of noise running across the long hallway. He could hear one more yell from Kai, but after that came silence.

He clenched his teeth together as he pulled Hana's hand with more power, too scared to look back. As the two reached the door he nearly went through it as he hurt his shoulder while opening it. He turned around to close the door behind them, but the sight of the other demon in the other end of the hallway made him freeze. It was still coming forwards as if the room had no effect on it.

Yixing heard Hana cry out loud and as he turned around he saw the girl in the urge of tears.

"Don't cry, please don't cry", he said as he took a step closer to the girl desperately wiping away her tears.

"Kiss me", she said making Yixing freeze and look at her surprised. "What?", he asked and the girl rolled her eyes as she supported her arms behind his neck and attacked his lips.

It was weird.

Feeling her lips touch his, he felt something click.

As if this was the missing piece of the puzzle he had tried to complete for years.

It was really weird, how one action could change the whole world around.

He closed his eyes, he closed the world around him.

He didn't want to let go of her, but she did.

At first the two just stared at each other, obviously flustered of what just happened, but when nothing happened, Hana carefully looked over his shoulder, her arms still securily wrapped around him, and his hands still holding her face.

Yixing didn't dare to even move as Hana gasped.

"It worked", she whispered.

 



 

the next chapter is the last one.

this chapter was weird. even though I wrote it, I'm not sure what just happened.

and sorry for the quite long wait, but my old laptop died and i only now got a new one. ;__;

do share your thoughts.