Game On

Love's Obstruction

 

*waves* I have one subscriber. I'm giving you a virtual hug. Honestly, I hug well in real life too. <3 

 

~~~

Two can play this game.

 

Seunghyun had tricks up his sleeves. He had to pull a few strings and hope that luck was on his side but hey now, he’s the Choi Seunghyun. It usually was.

 

He was sitting in a reserved room, smiling to himself as he recalled the sweet voice of Kim Yuna he heard over the phone days ago. 

 

Was he seriously continue seeing this girl despite all odds, namely YG himself? Yes. Was he also doing this Sogaeting with two of his best pals. Yeap. Why, you ask? Because Seunghyun thought himself as a fearless mother father and he had a score to settle. 

 

“Yah, she better be pretty.” Jaejoong was irritated that he was being dragged along to yet another one of Seunghyun’s outings. The chances of him actually hooking up a girl today was lower than the likelihood of an appearance on Inkigayo. He again, would only be there to look good in front of Yuna’s friends so that they would be taken by him and approve of Seunghyun. He was only there because Seunghyun had put up with his craze over a particular actress a few months back. 

 

“She’s a 10 of 10 hyung, TEN!” he held up all ten fingers in front of Jaejoong’s face and proceeded to pour him a drink. So, maybe he had to exaggerate more than usual. It was the only way, Mr. Difficult who had his arms crossed, would agree to participate. On top of a ride with his prized bike. 

 

Hyunjoong on the other had, was in a particularly good mood. He had been away the last time they had one of these dates. He had felt extremely homesick and found himself glooming over little outings such as these. “Have some peanuts, Jae-ah” amused at Jaejoong’s ill mood. The thing with the actress ended pretty badly you see. He wasn’t quite over it either.

 

Seunghyun’s mind was going back and forth between Yuna’s sweet smile and the feeling of holding her small, soft hand in his and teasing Jaejoong for being such a sour puss. 

 

The door to his right opened and Seunghyun felt like he was being graced with the glowing presence of Kim Yuna. The whole room was filled with lavender scent and flowers fell from the ceilings, if you would. That was how happy he felt at the sight of her.

 

They all stood up to greet her and a young looking woman in beige who trailed behind.  One. Two... Wait. Shouldn't there me one more? That Haeri Maeri girl. Seunghyun was slightly miffed. It was such a perfectly laid out plan! 

 

"You know you made me wait forever" he walked out to pull her seat out, not before catching Jaejoong's desperate shesaintnoten-look.

 

"Ah, I'm really sorry. There was traffic and the rain made it worse." her voice alone made him grin.

 

Hyunjoong who caught on, did the same for Lee Yoobi. He recognized her from the drama he'd been watching every week. "Is it okay if you sat here?" Equivalent to saying, wont you be my partner tonight, really. It wasn't even a question to be honest. Hyunjoong had already lead her to the seat opposite his. Yoobi only nodded and give a small smile, exchanging excited glances with Yuna. 

 

"Aren't we missing another?" Jaejoong urged, he was too impatient too quickly. Glad that Hyunjoong took Yoobi because the last thing he want night now was to date yet another actress. Even though it was only a brief Sogaeting.   

 

"She's stuck in traffic too" Yoobi piped. 

 

Jaejoong accepted defeat, perhaps he should order beer. The night hasn't even started but it already felt too draggy. 

 

They exchange introductions and Seunghyun started flirting almost immediately, complimenting Yuna from head to toe. Hyunjoong elbowed Jaejoong hard while Yoobi turned to ask Yuna a question. He hissed between his gritted smile "stop slouching and smile idiot"  

 

Jaejoong sat up straight and starting pouring drinks for everyone. "We should order something" he commented lightly, the whole time chanting in his mind for this girl other to be hottie. 

 

Seunghyun needed to pry "what did you say her name was? Maggie?" 

 

"No, oppa. It's Haemi. I must have told you five times already." Yuna giggled at how silly he was being. 

 

For Seunghyun it was a tactic, a man shouldn't immediately remember names his girl's friends. It could lead to signs of over interest. Something rather dangerous this early in a relationship.  

 

Park Haemi cursed the clouds, it had decided to rain so heavily on the day she decided to wear 4 inch heels. Also, the taxi driver wouldn't stop stealing glances at her thighs. The things she did for love. She pretended to not notice and keep her eyes on the blank screen of her phone. God. 

 

When she did arrive, she was half soaked by the time she reached the restaurant. Freezing, Haemi was almost shivering. What in Buddha's name is this weather. 

 

A woman from behind wrapped a towel around Haemi, she instantaneously felt at home. "Aunt Kyungsa!" She grinned wide like a child receiving candy. 

 

"You're very pretty today," Kyungsa had been worried all evening. Hearing that little Haemi was coming over, with the skies bring so harsh. She had intended to tell one of her boys to fetch an umbrella and escorted her in. It slipped her mind while serving a table. Kyungsa dried her Haemi, reminiscing a 16 year old Haemi, who still looked at her with the same adoring eyes. "There you are, all done. Bring her to Yuna." She called out to one of her waitress. 

 

Haemi beamed and waved. "Later Aunt Kyungsa!" 

 

Kyungsa waved back, let her heart enjoy the moment and went back behind the counters to resume calculations. 

 

Haemi was confused to as why Yuna was in another room from the one she had deliberately booked. She didn't put much thought into it, reasoning that it was probably a slight adjustment. 

 

Yuna was giddy. Partly because, she was sitting in front of Seunghyun, his dazzling smile never failed to make her flutter. Today was even more exciting. Her best friend was back! She had been so caught up with rehearsal and work that they hadn’t had time to meet. She was quite surprised when Seunghyun suggested this meet up but seeing how Haemi was STILL unattached after all that time in Japan. It was brilliant! However, it was a surprise. Yuna decided it was a welcoming gift. 

 

Her phone buzzed, It was from Haemi of course. The preview text only flashing the word ‘Here.” She smiled widely like the day Seunghyun proposed they started dating officially, if not wider. “I’ll be back in a moment.” She traded looks with Yoobi, before rushing to the door. 

 

Yuna was taken a back, just as she reached the handle, the door opened. Outwards, not to her face thankfully. All ajusshi fans, if they knew, can sigh in relief. She regained herself quickly, and smiled at the waitress. She saw Haemi right behind.

 

Haemi on the other hand was adjusting her dress. Maybe it was too short. But when your best friend tells you to wear something nice, it’s an unwritten rule to put on your best dress. Oh God, has it been two entire years since she’s seen that face. She brightened up at the sight of Yuna. She nodded at the waitress who excused herself. She was about to reach out for a hug when she noticed there were other people in the room. 

 

Her eyes widened, she pulled Yuna by the hand, closer to her and whispered “Yah, what is this.”

 

“Sogaeting.” Yuna responded casually, “Surprise?” she tried her best aegyo. 

 

“You should have warned me. How can I meet guys in this!” Haemi was.. let’s just say. She wasn’t expecting this at all. Not so much rage, just really. REALLY shocked. 

 

“You look fantastic Haemi, just come in and say hi. You have to meet my boyfriend too!” 

 

Boyfriend? Her turned to see the rest of the presence in the room. Only at this precise moment did Park Haemi realise how much she had underestimated the likes of Choi Seunghyun. 

 

He was one sneaky little father.

 

~~~

The new Jay Park Welcome mv. If your nose didn't bleed, you're not human. But seriously, it's so drool worthy. Gonna be on my replay for many many times.