Encounter

Love's Obstruction

 

Today was D-day for Park Haemi.

Although she had only decided merely 14 hours ago that she would face her biggest celebrity crush, it had to be done and there was no turning back. She took a deep breath before entering the cafe where he was. 

 

She sat down, abruptly started speaking in order to not fumble up her words. "Before anything else, I'd like to say I'm your biggest fan and I worship he ground your walk on. I swear, you're the most perfect man in earth. Your voice put me to sleep every single night. But this." She slammed a piece of crumpled newspaper clipping onto the table, her hand covering most of what's readable. 

 

Choi Seunghyun wasn't prepared for this. He only stepped out of the YG building for some fresh air. Album preparations at his point was at its peak stress. This was a pleasant surprise and additional bonus to his day. He forgot what one of these felt like. Seunghyun was pretty much amused, he wasn't interested in the girl but a heartfelt confession once in a while doesn't hurt. Far from. His attention was now focused on the paper under her hand. 

 

"This is unacceptable" she removed her hand, so superstar TOP could see what she was talking about. It was yesterday's headlines featuring him. The one he got a long lecture about from sajjangnim and his manager and also all his hyung, Se7en in particular. This cutting in particular was of Chosun. The one Seunghyun was particular raged by. The chief editor had requested an added large pink heart into the captured photo of Kim Yuna and Choi Seunghyun dating at 3am nearby Han river. 

 

What was this? Seunghyun though this was a confession. Was she a sasaeng? Because he didn't have to encounter one of those in a really long time. .

 

"I'm Yuna's best friend. From here on out you will listen to every word I have to say and not mention to Yuna that we've met. Choi Seunghyun-sshi, you have my permission to look at her, drool over her. For God's sake to her skating if you have to. But you will not, I repeat forbidden to lay your hands on her." 

 

This. Was absurd. God help. 

 

".. You are not to approach her nor can you talk to her. Yuna has a bright future ahead of her and she cannot risk to be caught up in a scandal with you. She cannot afford to be mixed up with the likes of you." Her voice soften " and as much as I love you as a fan oppa, you don't deserve her. Give up on her" with that she crumpled the paper "because you will only break her heart and if somehow, hell freezes over and you do, I will kill you with my own hands."   

 

She stood up and left a dumbfounded Choi Seunghyun. This was not how a typical blossoming romance was supposed to be. 

 

Haemi breathed a sigh of relief the moment she turned around. Not exactly what she planned on doing the day after her flight back home from Tokyo but girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.

 

Seunghyun cannot just let this slide, who was this arrogant little girl telling him how he can or cannot date. No one tells Choi Seunghyun how to run his own life, not even a sasaeng. Especially not a sasaeng fan. Best friend my foot.

 

He stood up, appetite for his coffee vanished, he took fast strides to catch up with Ms. Creepy. Which, with long legs didn’t take that many strides at all. By the 5th step, he caught on to her arm and forced her to face him. 

 

“What did you say your name was?” Expression not particularly pleased, he questioned.

 

“What?” Not part of the plan. Cool exit was part of her plan. This? Face to face with man who’s covering your walls at home? Nope, not part of her plan.

 

“Your name? You said you’re my biggest fan, don’t I get the pleasure of knowing your name?” He flashed his most charming smile, Seunghyun had to maintain his emotions. He couldn’t afford another headline of abuse against a fan the day after a love scandal, could he?

 

Shake it off Haemi. BUTOHMYGODlookathissmilegaaaaa. Shake.

 

“I..” she cleared , she threw away all her attitude with her sigh earlier. Regaining it in a second was hard. Level 1000 hard, in front of someone soooo handso- . “I don’t think you need to know my name” She nodded her head to excuse herself, ready to leave again.

 

Seunghyun wasn’t about to let her go, not so fast. His grip tightened. “He, hey. C’mon. How can believe you’re who you say you are if you can’t even prove it.” He dropped the act, if charmed worked on her, he’d have her name already.

 

“Park Haemi. If you try anything, I swear. You’re a goner.” Haemi had all Big Bang’s albums, every poster she could find and DVDs of all his movies and dramas but there was one thing Haemi was convinced about. 

 

Men are all the same, idol or not, her number one or not. Her best friend came before everything else. 

 

And that was all Choi Seunghyun needed. “Have a nice day.” He left her his most sincere smile and his heel, heading back to the studio. He had a sudden spurt of inspiration to write a song. 

 

Haemi couldn’t quite put her finger on it. It felt like she had just lost the first battle of a war that she herself instigated. She sighed again, this time in exasperation. There was nothing she could do about it now. 

 

She made her way down the streets of her hometown, taking in it’s change. It has been 2 years since she breathed the air of Seoul.