The Past- First Chapter.

Ambitions

                                                                                               

Chapter 1

 

-5 years ago-

 

After all these years in the orphanage, I grew close to Andrew. He was like my brother, my oppa. I loved him, I cared for him, and I surely didn't want to leave his side. But of course, everything comes to an end, no matter how good it may seem.

It's almost been 6 years since I came into this orphanage. Boy, time sure flies by fast. Back in time, I was the little, scrawny girl who was thrown into a place for people without parents. I was hopeless. Without my parents, I couldn't face the fact that I would have to live alone in the world.

But, Andrew came to my savior. He pulled be out of the scary nightmare that I thought would consume me. He guided me safely to the light of happiness. Everything we would do together felt like a warm spring breeze in my tiny, beating heart.

Today, my step parents are going to pick me up and take me home. I tried to act as if I'm finally happy, but on the inside, I feel like I'm being torn to shreds. 

I'll have to part from Andrew. I know I won't survive a day without him. We've been through thick and thin...I can't just leave him here away from me. I just can't even think of what I'm going to do without Andrew.

I heard a car parking outside the building. It's my cue to go now.

"Cathy! Come outside! Your new parents are here to pick you up!", a lady from the orphanage yelled out loud.

I sighed and made my way to the car.

"Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Cathy", I said as my voice shook nervously. I really disliked introducing myself.

I took quick looks at my new "parents". The woman seemed pretty nice in general. But, the man gave me a creepy feeling, as if he was trying to seem as nice and decent looking as possible; almost as if he was acting to be another person.

"Cathy! Wait!", someone called out from behind.

I turned around to take a look, and noticed it was Andrew. He was breathing heavily, as if he had been running a long distance. 

"Why? Why are you leaving? I thought we were never going to leave each other! I thought you were going to keep our promise for a life time! How could you?", Andrew screamed, tears forming in his eyes.

I had no words to say. I was ashamed of myself that I had to break our promise. I truly didn't want to go to a new home and start a brand new life. 

"I...I'm sorry. But, I'm sure we'll see each other again...one day. We will", I said as I tried my best not to let my tears out.

Andrew remained silent. But, it was time for me to go.

"Come on, Cathy. Let's get going", my soon-to-be stepmom said, pulling on my arm.

I squirmed a little and threw a half of a cross necklace to Andrew, just before I was pushed into the car.

The engine revved up and the car started to move.

"Don't you ever forget me! I'll find you soon! Keep that necklace until you find me! Don't lose it!", I yelled out the car window as the car pulled out to the road.

That was the last time I saw Andrew's heart-broken, tear filled face.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

After a day or two at the new home, I started to get used to the environment. Even though I was physically maintaining my strength, I was lost mentally .