The Second Chapter

Ambitions

 

Chapter 2

 

-Cathy now 19 years of age-

 

I've been crying for a long time; I can't even keep track of my days now. I just couldn't get over the fact that my stepmother passed away. After all the secret incidents that have been happening to me, my mother and my stepbrother were the only ones there for me. But, now, I'm left alone with no one else to lean on, except for my older brother. 

For the most part, I was technically alone, since even my brother was locked up in prison for third degree murder. God knows where my father went to. But I don't intend of seeing his face ever again, not after what he did to me countless times.

I've been sitting in front of my mother's corpse ever since she exhaled her last hint of breath. I was there when she said her farewells to the world, but I failed to prepare her funeral since I'm suffering from poverty. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life. 

You see in the end, everything comes back to money. You need money to buy food, to go to the hospital when injured or sick, to even go to school. I mean, I'm still at home without a school to go to, since I can't pay the college tuitions. Apart from that, I don't even have any money to feed myself. So, how would I dare to go out and earn money when I'm ahamed, when I can't even prepare a funeral for my deceased mother.