Best Friends

Nothing More than Friends

 

“Yo... Kyu... wait up!” Donghae yelled as he tried to catch up to his best friend.

Kyuhyun turned towards Donghae’s direction and waited until the latter caught up to him. Once Donghae was close enough, he hung his right arm across Kyuhyun’s shoulders.

“What are you doing stopping in the middle of the hallway?” Donghae asked with a smirk. Both students continued to walk and walked towards the cafeteria.

Kyuhyun scoffed and said, “Ya! You were the one who called me!”

“So you would risk the lives of the other students just because I called you?” Donghae challenged.

“No...” Kyuhyun started but was cut off by Donghae.

“You would do anything for me because you love me,” Donghae said confidently.

Kyuhyun laughed at Donghae’s comment and punched Donghae by the arm. He said, “Ya! Not everything is about you.”

“So you don’t love me?” Donghae asked with a pout.

Kyuhyun smiled and said, “So what you’re saying is that you love me?”

Donghae laughed and replied, “That’s right! I do! I love you, you punk!”

Kyuhyun laughed along with Donghae as they approached the cafeteria.

Once they were inside, Kyuhyun was about to head towards their other friends when Donghae  began heading towards the line to buy food.

 “Go ahead. I forgot to pack my lunch so I’m buying lunch today. Do you want anything?” Donghae asked.

“Buy me a brownie,” Kyuhyun said.

“No please or thank you?” Donghae asked.

Kyuhyun just smiled as he walked toward their other friends.

“Hey Kyu,” Sungmin said.

“Yo what’s up?” Eunhyuk said.

“How are you Kyu,” Siwon said.

“Where’s your other half?” Heechul commented.

“Who are you talking about? There’s only me, myself and I. No one else,” Kyuhyun said defiantly.

“Aie... You know who Heechul hyung is talking about. You guys never go anywhere without the other,” Eunhyuk said.

“Yeah that’s right! Did you guys fight?” Siwon commented.

“What are you talking about? Donghae just bought food. Why are you assuming things just because we didn’t go together,” Kyuhyun said.

“See you do know who we were talking about,” Sungmin said with a laugh.

Just then Donghae approached the table with his food saying, “Miss me?”

As soon as Donghae said those words, everyone burst out laughing, except for Kyuhyun and Donghae that is.

“Did I miss something?” Donghae asked.

Everyone just shook their heads.

Donghae gave Kyuhyun his brownie as Donghae began to eat his food.

“So it’s your birthday soon Kyu. Do you have any plans? Are you even inviting us?” Sungmin said.

“I do but I won’t invite you guys,” Kyuhyun said as a joke.

“Aie... if you won’t invite us, who would you invite?” Heechul challenged.

“What are you talking about? I have plenty of friends you don’t know,” Kyuhyun replied.

“Other online gamers don’t count Kyu. Only real people count,” Eunhyuk teased.

“Whatever... I’m thinking of just eating out for dinner this weekend... and maybe go karaoke” Kyuhyun said.

“I’m in,” Donghae said first.

“See? Your secret lover agreed first,” Heechul said with a smirk.

Donghae did a mini heart sign towards Kyu.

“Ya!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

Everyone except for Kyuhyun laughed at Donghae’s action.

“So I’m guessing your all coming?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I have to ask first, but it’s mostly likely a yes,” Siwon said.

“Yeah me too,” Sungmin said.

“I’m coming. I don’t have to ask my parents because even if they would say no, I would still come to break off your date,” Heechul teased.

“Ya! I don’t like Donghae that way. Why are you making it seem like I’m in love with him,” Kyuhyun said.

Just then, Jessica, Tiffany and Sooyoung approached their table. “Hello oppas...”

“Why don’t you guys come to Kyuhyun birthday this weekend,” Heechul invited the girls.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at Heechul and turned towards the girls saying, “Yeah you guys are welcomed to come.”

For the rest of the lunch period, Jessica, Tiffany and Sooyoung stayed at their lunch table. Jessica sat beside Donghae while Tiffany sat beside Sungmin and Sooyoung sat beside Siwon. They all chatted mindlessly with each other but Kyuhyun became unusually quieter.