Chapter 9 Taeyang's Dilemma

Already Gone

 

After class, Minji and Chaerin waited for Dara and Bom by the parking lot. While they’re waiting, they’ve been exchanging ideas regarding the choreography that they will do. At the same time, Dara and Bom headed they’re way to the parking lot talking about the music class they just attended. They got inspired so they thought of the song to cover and how to arrange it. Once they met up with the maknaes, Dara drove them to YG building still exchanging ideas. Bom, Chaerin, and Dara was about to walk to the trainees’ building when Minji stopped them.

“Unnies, we’ll be practicing at the other building.” Minji informed them, leading their way to the main building.

“Ehh?... Why?...” Bom asked confused.

“Well, I told you I reserved a studio for us. It’s there in the main building. I am the only trainee allowed to reserve a studio there, so you should be thankful to me.” Minji said proudly.

Dara messed Minji’s hair and said, “Arasso… Thank you maknae-ah!..”

Minji led them to the first floor and went to the dance studio B.

“Hmmm… I’m impressed… YG definitely has style.” Chaerin uttered while her eyes roam around the studio. It was their first time to enter the main building. Their ex-boyfriends never invited them in the YG building during their debut.

“Good thing nobody will use it for today… Anyway, let’s start… Chaerin unnie teach me that moves you showed me earlier.” Minji said.

Minji and Chaerin then started choreographing while Bom and Dara were in front of the computer inside the studio, searching the lyrics for the song they chose. After about an hour, Chaerin and Minji started teaching Dara and Bom the choreography. Since, Bom and Dara are not really that good in dancing; they took up a lot of time learning the moves until it was already 9pm.

“Agghh… It’s been a long while since I last dance… I’m dead tired.” Dara groaned while lying down the floor.

“Me too. I need corn.” Bom suddenly went out and after a few seconds returned while pouting.”I found what YG’s lacking! They don’t have corn in their storage! It’s all ramen!” She then lied down to the floor and continuously whines.

“Hahaha.. unnie they usually serve some corn in the cafeteria but it’s close now since already late.” Minji explained.

“I think we should go home now. We still got classes for tomorrow. Let’s just continue this tomorrow.” Chaerin said and the others agreed.

Minji suddenly remembered something, “Oh… I did not reserve any studio for tomorrow. We could just use it the day after tomorrow.” Minji said worriedly.

“It’s alright maknae-ah…” Chaerin then said, “How about we just practice our song tomorrow instead then let’s just practice the dance again the day after tomorrow.”

“That will be good. Dara and I only have one class tomorrow. We could just practice the choreography by ourselves at home since we are the one who’s really behind. Then we’ll picked you up after your classes and let’s all head out to Dara’s house to practice the song we’ll cover. We’ll also record it in her studio so that we could listen to it.” Bom planned as Dara nodded.

“Neh, that’s an awesome plan.” Chaerin agreed.

The four of them then started to fix their selves preparing to go home. As Minji head out of the door of the studio, the other door beside it opened also revealing Taeyang.

“Oh! Minji-ah annyeong! What are you doing here this late?” Taeyang asked. But before she could reply, her unnies went out also of the studio and came face to face with taeyang who looked so shock, “B-Bom noona?! D-Dara noona?! C-Chaerin?!” She uttered completely shock.

The other three were also shocked in seeing taeyang but Chaerin was the one who composed herself sooner, “Oppa! It’s been a long time since we saw you!” She said smiling to him.

“A-ahhmm… N-neh…” Taeyang uttered but then he sighed and composed himself, too, “It really has been a while. I missed you girls. And I must say, you look really stunning.” He said completely noticing their changes. He could not believe it was the same girls as before. They really look beautiful now that they removed their geeky looks.

Bom giggled, “Thank you, we really miss you too youngbae-ah.”

“What are you doing here by the way?” He asked.

“We’re practicing oppa. Sajangnim wanted us to present him a dance and song cover. We just finished practicing the choreography chaerin unnie and I made.” Minji replied, who’s still nervous but nonetheless composed herself in front of taeyang.

“We were accepted as trainees here and we might debut with Minji if things go well. Wish us luck.” Dara added beamingly.

“Really?... Welcome to YG family then… I did not expect this. I heard that they’re forming a girl group with Minji but I did not expect that it was with you girls… not that I doubt your talents, but I’ve never heard you sing and not even saw you dance before.” Taeyang said. Somehow he started to feel troubled about the whole idea of them debuting at the same company as Big Bang.

“Thank you oppa. How could you know, when we never really into performing before. It was only Minji who’s been very vocal with her dreams and into pursuing it. We just got lucky sajangnim accepted us as trainees.” Chaerin said.

“Well, goodluck. I hope things will go smoothly for you girls. If you ever need help, don’t be shy to ask me.” Taeyang offered.

“Kansahmnida, sunbaenim.” Bom said teasingly while bowing. They just laughed at her silliness. “By the way, how are the others?” She asked nonchalantly.

Minji froze and she could tell that taeyang also froze beside her. They did not expect her to ask about them as if nothing happened.

“Oh yeah! How was the oppas? I really missed them too.” Chaerin added while Dara also nodded waiting for taeyang’s reply.

“T-they.. ahmm.. d-doing fine,… I guess..” Taeyang stuttered still shock about the question.

“That’s good then. We hope we could all meet up one time.” Dara said, ignoring his stuttering.

“Sure… I’ll tell t-them.” Taeyang replied, not really planning to tell them. He knows that the guys will be troubled. He saw how devastated they were when they found out that the girls left. He just pray that things will be okay for the coming days.

“Anyway, we got to go youngbae-ah. It is really nice to see you again.” Bom said finally.

“Neh. It’s really nice to see you girls back too. Goodluck for your debut.” Taeyang answered.

The girls then left the still dumbfounded taeyang. He could not believe that they were nonchalant talking about the others. He could only really pray.

 

Minji’s POV

I kept on staring on my unnies while they talked their way to the parking lot. I just followed them behind and continued to watch their every move. Even during our way home. I am silently seated inside the car while continued in watching them talking about their first day at the university.

Soon, we got home and I followed them inside the house. We all went seated in the living room and still kept my silence.

Finally, Bom unnie sighed and said, “Minji-ah you’re starting to creep us out. Just ask what you want to ask.”

“Weelll…” Minji started, “Are you really fine to meet all the Big Bang oppa?” she slowly continued.

“Sure, when I said I missed them, I really do miss them, Minji-ah.” Chaerin cooly said.

“E-even… ahmm.. S-seungri-oppa?” Minji asked carefully.

Chaerin looked at her for a while before answering, “Neh….Even seungri…” Chaerin then cleared to remove the awkwardness she’s started to feel.

Dara finally understand what minji is thinking all this time, so she added, “Minkki, you want to ask us how we’ll feel once we see them again right? You wonder why we’re acting as if things in the past never happen, right?” Minji nodded, “I’ll be honest with you, I also don’t know what I’ll feel once I see J-Jiyong again. Actually I’m scared. I’m scared that the 2 years distance wasn’t enough to make me forget him completely. But be rests assure that I don’t hold any grudges to him. Before things got complicated, we’re friends, then and now. That friendship is something that I could only hold on to and can make me sure that somehow I became part of his life and he also did in mine.” Dara said honestly.

Bom and Chaerin also agreed. Even they feel scared. They are scared to remember the hurt they felt. They are scared to remember the pain they caused them when they broke up with them. They are scared to remember the love they felt strongly before towards them. They are scared to be left again. But still, like Dara, they just can’t give up their friendship with them either. They are important friends for them. It will just pain them again if they even stay away from that friendship.

“I understand. Just remember unnies, I am always here for you. If you think you can’t hold on anymore, I am always here.” Minji said sincerely and the other three really appreciate it.

“Aigoo, we’re becoming too mushy. I think we should lessen watching animal planet.” Bom said while wiping the b tears in her eyes.

“You mean dramas right?” Chaerin said laughing at their unnie.

“Ani! We are not even that fond of dramas. I really meant animal planet… you know, seeing all those Koala bears being all touchy on their trainers, hugging and not letting them go, made us all mushy together.” Bom explained. And soon they are all rolling on the floors from laughing.

For the meantime, they forget about what’s in store for them and decided to just go with the flow.

 

Taeyang’s POV

I am now lying in my bed thinking of having my rest but I can’t. The events earlier can’t get out of my mind. I did not expect to see all of them together. I knew at some point of time I will see them again since Minji is someone important to them and she’s staying here in Seoul. But never did I expect to see them this soon.

After I finished working out and dancing, I decided to go back to the dorm but I was shocked when I met Minji out of the other studio. She is clearly also about to go home. It’s late and I am worried that she’ll go home alone, so when I was about to offer her a ride, three girls follow her behind. I honestly did not recognize them at first. They changed a lot and they look beautiful. After recognizing them, I can’t help but to call their names as if asking if it was really them. I knew they were shock as well seeing me but I also saw how they composed their selves and started a conversation with me. In spite of their obvious changes, they are still the same genuine person I’ve known, although they are a bit more cheerful and confident about their selves now. They harbor an aura of someone cool and not to mess with. Something I never saw in them two years back. Before, they will always look down even conversing with people and really soft and shy spoken. But now, they look directly in my eyes and more expressive with how they feel.

What really shocked me more was how they easily talked about the others. It was no secret that they had awful pasts with my bestfriends and I just can’t help but wonder how they could open up the topic as if things were already forgotten. I am worried when they meet the boys again.

I saw how Seungri, Jiyong, and Top-hyung became shattered when they found out that the girls left. I know that they truly love the girls but they were confused and blinded with everything they started to have. I saw how they tried to fix their selves even though it hurts them even more when they tried to forget them. Especially Jiyong.

He opened up everything to me and I can never forget how he begged me to punch him to make himself numb from the pain. He wants to punish himself for hurting her. I tried my best to help him get back out of depression. I know until now, he still feel something towards Dara. I just don’t know how strong that feeling is and that’s what scared me once they meet again. Seeing Dara talked about him nonchalantly scared me that she already moved on. I don’t want to see Ji hurt like before again. Even the others; I don’t want to see the guilt and regrets in their eyes again.

Honestly, I don’t know how Top hyung came back to his old self again. He never shared his pain to us of loosing Bom noona. One day he’s lifeless and the next day he’s back to his old self. But I know at first he’s just keeping it all to himself. I know that he tried to stay strong because he is the oldest. That pains me more. I asked Daesung to force the emotions out of Top hyung. He is closer to hyung and Daesung is a good listener so I know that somehow he could get out his worries. When I talked to Daesung again, he said that hyung will be okay and that they already talked. He didn’t share the information of their talk but I know that I can trust Dae so I felt my worried to hyung gone down.

The only left was our maknae. He’s the first one to found out that the girls left. He bawled his eyes out in front of us. I saw how hurt he is and how much it pains him. The day before he found out that chaerin left, he told me that he wanted chaerin back. He said she’s very important to him. He was preparing to apologize to her and I was just supportive of him. So when he went home crying his eyes out, I also felt his pain. But just like his hyungs, he tried to fix himself. He went to being our adorable maknae again. He told me that he noticed how his being down affect us all especially our work. He joked that he is the life of Big Bang and honestly I couldn’t help but to secretly agree with him. His bubbly personality also helped Jiyong and Top hyung to go back to their old self so I really am thankful to our maknae. I didn’t know what to do if it wasn’t for him. Daesung and I were really confused on how to cheer them up.

 

Big bang is really important for me, because they are not only my group mates, but my brothers. And I felt contended that we gone through the problem together. And thanks to Jiyong’s genius composition, we also started to make our names quite well known around the country.

I know Ji wrote “Lies” having Dara in his mind. I know it’s his way to send his message that she should forget him, the pain he’d caused her. I just hope that he also will move on.

I don’t know if I should tell them that they’re back. Maybe this is also the reason why MInji never said a word about it. I saw her expression earlier that she’s also shocked that her unnies could open the topic about them as simple as that. I don’t know what the others will react. I know they are in the process of forgetting and moving on, and with the girls appearing again, I don’t know how things will work out. Will things be okay?

End of Taeyang’s POV

Without noticing, Taeyang grew tired of thinking and fell asleep with worried expression in his face.


Tsk... why did they even break up with the girls in the first place?!

kekeke... even I get irritated...

Anyways,

next: Chapter 10 Meeting

:)

..rhonalyzah..