Chapter 8 Longing

Already Gone

 

Lunch Break

Minji’s POV

Agghh!!.. That was difficult. I hope I did well in that quiz. I haven’t studied much because of practice and shopping yesterday.

“Minji-ah! How did you do with the quiz?” Ji hee, my seatmate asked me.

“Oh, I did fine. I hadn’t able to study last night, but I think I’ll pass.” I replied smiling.

“Will you like to join us for lunch?” Ji hee invited.

“Thanks for the invitation but I’ll be eating with my unnies in the campus foodcourt.” I implied.

“Oh okay, I didn’t know you have sisters here in University.” She said confused.

“Well, they aren’t really my sisters. More like bestfriends but we live together.” I said while stuffing all my things in my bag and I stood up ready to go. “I have to go then. Bye!”

As I walk out everyone I passed by greeted me and bowed. I have quite a reputation in high school department. They knew I am a YG trainee.

I went to up to the Seniors department to meet up with my chaerin-unnie. When I reached their room, I saw their teacher dismissed the class and as soon as she’s out of the room, unnie’s classmates approached her and started to interrogate her.

“Chaerin-sshi, did you really studied in france? So you know how to speak French?” One of them asked.

“Not much.” Chaerin-unnie replied.

“Do you want to join our group? Let’s eat lunch together!” A girl wearing a heavy makeup asked unnie.

“Nah, I am meeting up with someone.” Unnie declined.

“Do you have a boyfriend? Surely a beauty like you has one right?” A guy asked, obviously trying to flirt.

“I don’t need it.”My unnie answered and then she saw me just watching the scene by the door. “Oh, I gotta go.” She then made her way to me without another word to her classmates.

“Unnie! You’re popular eh.” I teased.

“Tsk. I shouldn’t have said I studied in abroad. I’m sure they’re trying to be close with me only because of that.” She retorted, rolling her eyes. Chaerin-unnie is a really sweet person but when something pissed her, she turned to CL, the cool and intimidating one.

“Well, let’s just go eat lunch. Dara unnie texted me and said they’re already at the foodcourt.” I said. We head our way down the corridor to the elevator and out of the building. Many recognized me and greeted me along the way and also got curious to chaerin unnie who’s with me.

When we’re out the building and into the grounds, “I’m popular you said?... YOU ARE popular” Chaerin unnie suddenly uttered to me. “Even your seniors greeted you and gave you this.” She added taking the small paperbag of sweets given to me by one of unnie’s classmate.

I giggled, “I have quite a reputation. Somehow, my videos practicing in YGE leaked and they found out I am a YG trainee. I did not intend for them to found out.” I explained.

Chaerin unnie smirked and I knew she’s starting to get in a good mood. “well, We got to be careful then, I don’t want my practice videos to leak out.”

I agreed. We reached the foodcourt. The campus foodcourt is a two-floor building that has a variety of food store. It is like the one found in the mall.

When we entered, there are already a lot of students eating, from middle school students to college students. The primary and elementary students have their own cafeteria inside their building since they are not allowed to go out of their building.

Chaerin-unnie and I looked for our unnies around and spotted them in front of a ramen house.

“Dara-unnie! Bom unnie!” I called their attention and waved at them. We made our way to their table and they said they already ordered so Chaerin unnie and ordered ours first before w settled down.

“So how’s college?” Chaerin-unnie said. The dark clouds above her earlier are completely gone. She’s in a better mood now I think because she’s with us.

“It’s cool. We’re behind in lessons so we gotta catch up.” Dara unnie replied while eating her favorite ramen. “How ‘bout you CL-roo? How’s your first day?”

“It’s okay. I just got pissed because my classmates are literally staring at me when they are supposed to look upfront since I sit nearly at the back. And then we already had a quiz about their last topic in trigo. After that, the guy seated beside me keep on questioning me like I’m in a interview. He kept on talking and talking that our teacher reprimanded him including me. Then, as soon as our teacher went out, my classmates started to bombard me with questions just because I mentioned I came from france.” Chaerin-unnie let out.

“Aigoo, that explains the dark clouds above you earlier when I went to get you.” I said.

“Good thing you’re all better now. As far as I know, once you’re pissed, you’ll be in a bad mood the whole day. Looks like you matured! Bravo.” Bom unnie said and clapped her hands while standing earning a look from the nearby tables.

“Unnie sit down please. It’s embarrassing.” Chaerin said while giggling. When she sat down, she continued, “Minji banished my bad mood. Did you know, Minji is so popular in highschool department. Everyone knows her and greeted her. Even those in my year level gave her gifts and things. When we entered hear earlier, even college students recognized her.”

“Really? Wow! You’re considered as a celebrity here! Where do we have to ask permission to join you in eating?” Bom-unnie said while looking around as if there will be a registration booth or something.

“Stop teasing me unnie. Just as I said to chaerin-unnie, It’s because students here found out I’m a YG trainee because of my leaked videos in practices.” I said.

“Waa… Our maknae is so popular. I think I’m going to cry. Our baby is growing up.” Dara unnie implied while wiping the side of her eyes.

“You unnies are so silly. You’ll also get popular once they knew you’re a part of YG too. Especially when we make our debut.” I said. “Anyway, after our classes we can go to Yg together. We’ll do the choreography there. Good thing I booked a schedule for my practice in one of the dance studio there last week.”

“Can we use a studio already? I mean, we haven’t signed the contract yet.” Dara unnie asked.

“It’ll be okay. Sajangnim said he’ll send someone with the contract as trainee for you to sign later.” I informed.

“Wow… This is getting real minute every minute.” Bom-unnie said still not believing that they will be artists.

At Teddy’s Recording Studio

“So what do you think about the song?” Teddy asked Jiyong opinion.

“Those beats are banging, and the lyrics are good. But for whom is this song?” Jiyong retorted noticing the lyrics are in woman’s point of view.

“Haven’t you heard? It’s for the girl group that hyun suk hyung is forming.” Teddy replied.

“Oh! I knew that but I thought he hasn’t found the members for the group? I talked to him just last week.” Jiyong asked, getting interested in the so group.

“Well, he found some potentials but he’s not sure about them yet so he asked me to prepare a song for their demo recording just to see if they’ll be good together.” Teddy answered.

“Have you seen them already?” Jiyong asked again.

“Not personally. I’ve seen their audition tapes except Gong Minji-yang.” Teddy replied.

“Minji?! She’ll be part of the girl group?! Waa… Nobody mentioned that to me. It’s about time hyunsuk hyung released that kid. She’s too good to be kept as trainee.” Jiyong replied proudly.

“Neh, I also don’t understand why hyung won’t debut that kid. She’s more than prepared for this. Although, I haven’t heard her sing yet, but her voice instructors have nothing but praise towards her, so I guess I can expect much from her too.” Teddy said.

“I’m sure she’ll do well. I just hope she’ll get along well with the members of the girl group. Somehow, she became an introvert. She doesn’t get along well with the other trainees.” Jiyong worriedly said.

“Well, she’ll have to cope with it. She’s young, she’ll learn.” Teddy replied nonchalantly.

Big Bang’s Dorm

“Maknae-ah!” Daesung called and entered seungri’s room without knocking.

“W-why hyung?” Seungri replied hiding the thing he’s holding in his back.

Daesung did not notice that he’s hiding something and just continued, “I’ll be going to university tomorrow. My special projects are already due tomorrow and I might attend the class as well for these two weeks since we do not have much schedule. Exams are already nearing. What about you?” Daesung said.

“I’ll attend as well, hyung. I already missed a lot of lessons. I want to finish my senior year and at least graduate highschool.” Seungri replied. He really wanted to graduate at least highschool and then focus on Big Bang. He doesn’t plan to take up college courses yet.

“Me too. Well, wake up early, let’s go together. But if you wake up late, I’ll leave you behind.” Daesung said closing the door and went to their living room, not waiting for the maknae’s reply.

As soon as Daesung went out of his room, Seungri looked again at what he’s holding before his hyung went in earlier. It was he’s old wallet. Inside was a picture of a bit younger seungri with a girl with brown hair and cat-like eyes. In the picture, the girl is hugging seungri from behind while her head is in his shoulder. They both wear a sweet smile, clearly in love with each other.

“Chae... I’m sorry…” Seungri whispered on the girl in the picture. It already became seungri’s habit to look at their photo every night that he’s not busy, especially when he’s alone in his room. Everytime he looked at their old photo, he felt all regrets and sadness. You see, he regret letting her go. He was blinded with fame that he didn’t know that he let go of the most important person in his life without knowing it. After a couple of months that he broke up with her, he started to realize that he never actually stopped loving the girl. He went looking for her to apologize and try to get her back but he was too late. He found out from Minji that all her unnies left the country already. She tried to persuade Minji to tell him where she is but she said she promised her unnies not to tell anyone where they went. That time, he felt like his soul left him. He felt like dying. He was scared that they won’t see each other again. He was scared that she already moved on. He was scared that she doesn’t love her anymore. All he has is regrets.

He got so lonely that it started to affect his work and the group. His hyung then tried to cheer him up but he know that they himself felt regretful; especially his top hyung and jiyong hyung but didn’t showed it. Little by little, he started to go back to his old self. He knows that he’s the endorphine of the group. If he continued to be lonely, everyone will be affected. So he started to be cheerful again. He always uplifted the mood and enjoys their stage. But when he’s already alone in his room at night, he let it all out again. All his regrets and sadness. He’s longing for her. He’s love for her.


 

ANNYYEONG!!!

Poor maknae, he actually regret letting go of his cat. 

Anyway, just to explain things, GD, TOP, and Seungri really love the girls, but they got blinded by their debut, their new friends, and all. They thought they will find someone better and the girls happened to be a bestfriend-like to them, so they broke up with them intending to be just frineds. However, the girls love them so much and it hurts them to stay just as frineds so they left, thinking that in time, they really will just feel friendship towards them................ or so they thought..........

ke ke ke

..rhonalyzah..