Dislike

Permanently

"Unnie, I still don't understand what exactly it is that you don't like about Park Jaebum. He's pretty cute!" I jumped as Sunmi's big eyes suddenly invaded my vision. After making what I thought was an outrageous statement about the person I now considered my nemesis, she blinked a couple times, as if hoping to change my mind.

I shook my head and sighed, but was promptly interrupted by Sohee, who waved her hair and gestured worldly with her hand. "He really IS quite good looking, Unnie. And he's always a gentleman, opening up doors for us...but he's not TOO friendly, you know? He's got that mysterious air about him..." she let out a giggle. "Doesn't it make you want to get to know him?"

I was about to speak up again, when I was interrupted again by Yoobin. "Of course it does! And he is really friendly, Yeeun, I've never seen him be as mean as you say he is before."

That surprised me. "Yoobin unnie! I thought you were on my side!!!"

She shrugged, unapologetic for her betrayal. "Mianhe, friend. But, wow, when that boy dances," she grinned, "and when he raps....Oh goodness."

"Sunye??" I desperately looked at in leader's direction, where she was trying just as hard to stay out of the conversation. The other members looked at her, too.

"Welllll...." she paused, and I knew she was trying to be as diplomatic as possible, "if Yeeun says he's a jerk to her, then I believe her. Buuuttt...." she sent me an apologetic look. "You guys are right. He's been nothing but nice to the rest of us. And I will admit..." she paused lightly, "he does have his appeal."

"NOOOOOO!" I groaned and threw my head into my arms. "Sunyeeee....mrmf mumble mmmhophed my phiiiiddddeee!!!"

I could almost hear Sohee an eyebrow at me. "What was that?"

Yoobin was openly laughing. "Yes Sunye, why aren't you on HER PHHHIIIIDDDEE?" Only she and Sunmi would have been able to understand my frustrated speak.

Sunye sounded confused. "I'm sorry, what did she say?"

Sunmi giggled before translating. "She was telling you that you were supposed to be on her side."

I looked up and glared at everyone with my red face and mussed hair. Yoobin and Sunmi's laughs grew louder.

Sunye cleared , in an attempt to to cover up her laugh. "Well I hate to bring you bad news, Yeeun, but I'm pretty sure that once 2PM debuts, we'll be having to promote together often. JYP has already mentioned having some plans in the works for our two groups."

I groaned again, this time louder. "Why can't we just do more group activities with Big Bang? That was fun, and they were always nice!"

Yoobin snorted. "You sure your opinion had nothing to do with your designated Big Bang partner?"

"Yah!" I went into complete defense mode. "You know Kang Daesung is totally friend-zone!"

Sunmi poked me in the side, "We know, we know. If only reality was like those 'Wonder Bang' fanfics online, eh?" Her big eyes wandered, "It would have been nice if Seungri really did have a crush on me."

Sohee let out an irritated noise. "Oh Sunmi, if you want to date him, just CALL him or something. Besides, I think working with 2PM will be fun! You can just avoid Jaebum if he's really that mean to you. The rest of them are nice....or actually," her eyes narrowed, and she puffed out her cheeks, "stay away from Wooyoung. That boy is STRANGE-"

She was cut off by the slamming open of the door, and in burst in the 2PM boys. "Wellll hellllloooo W-w-w-WONDER GIRLLSSS!" Taecyeon bellowed, his eyes shining and big smile twinkling at all of us. The bright expressions on all the boys' faces with the exception of Wooyoung told us all that some of our conversation had been overheard. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sohee quickly depuff her cheeks.

Wooyoung's grim expression quickly turned to one of mischief and determination, and he sidled up to Sohee's side. "Why hello, Sohee shii" he said slyly. "Hi," she replied sullenly, and I was glad I was able to take some pleasure in someone else's discomfort.

But not for long. Even though I pretended not to notice, I saw Jay Jaebum Park walk around, greeting my team members politely, but, as always, quite distantly. I secretly hoped he would ignore me, so the girls would finally believe me about his unexcusable rudeness. Luckily, someone came over to distract me from my mean thoughts.

"Hi, Yeeun-sunbae," Chansung slightly bowed to me.

I managed a friendly smile, "Ahh...you can just call me noona, no need to be so polite. How's practice been going for you?"

"Well it's okay...I'm nervous about debuting, but I think we're pretty ready!" He smiled, and I realized how handsome the 2PM maknae was.

My smile grew and became more genuine. "That's wonderful to hear! You know, when we first debuted, I-"

I shouldn't have been surprised by the interruption. "Well, hey Yeeun-nie." I heard the smirk in his voice before I could even turn around. "Chansung," that voice continued, "I think Junsu wanted to ask you something?"

Chansung and I both knew that was a lie, but I guess Jaebum's authority as a leader equaled his ability to trick my friends into thinking he was a good guy. I slowly turned around as Chansung headed quickly towards Junsu's direction. "Hello." I erased all traces of a smile from my lips.

He laughed quietly. "Is that the tone you take when greeting friends?"

I narrowed my eyes. "Who said you were my friend?"

He took a step closer, and pretended to think. "Well, from what I see and from what I hear, you don't seem the type to be rude to strangers. So I can only assume you take this tone with only the closest of your friends. Therefore, we're friends, Yeeun-nie?"

"Pah!" I let out a laugh. What kind of logic did this guy use?!

He smiled. "No? Well, we're going to have to become closer then. I hear, your group and my group will be doing a joint stage sometime after our debut, and we'll be starting practicing together."

"So what? We don't have to be friends to perform together." I was surprised at the biting tone in my voice, but this guy's arrogance had been getting on my nerves for weeks.

His grin turned devilish. "Well, the thing is, we're dance partners. You and me. JYP mentioned perhaps a tango?"

My jaw dropped. It took me a while to find my voice, "But...but why? You're leader...shouldn't you dance with, like, Sunye? Or something?"

"Well, see, I requested you. JYP didn't find a problem with it."

"You don't even like me!" The words burst out before I could restrain them.

"What?" he mockingly took on an innocent tone. "Did I ever say I didn't like you? No, I did not. In fact, before you rejected the statement today, I thought that we were friends. Can't I want to spend more time with my friend?"

"You ignore me!" Park Yeeun, get a hold of your words!

He shook his head. "I observe you. But if you'd like, I can talk to you more often.....you know, if you don't believe me, you can ask the rest of your group members. Their partners are telling them about it now." He gestured around the room.

I saw it, then. Khun was speaking to Sohee, Taecyeon was speaking to Sunmi, Junsu to Yoobin, and Wooyoung to Sunye - lucky for Sohee. I couldn't enjoy it fully though, because I then saw Chansung and Junho, looking glum. I wondered who they would have wanted to dance with - Yoobin? Sohee? - and a grin crossed my face.

"I take it that this idea isn't so bad after all?"

I took a steadying breath. "Look, we'll be civil okay? I'll try to be nice...as long as YOU are nice to me."

He nodded, surprisingly sincere. "I can be nice."

Apparently so, according to my group members. "Alright....so can you tell me really why you requested me? Or is that a lie?"

He came a bit closer, "It's not a lie," he came a bit closer, so that his whisper hit me directly in my ear, "and would you believe me if I said I wanted to get to know you better?"

Before I could come out of my state of paralysis, he left. When I finally could move again, I noticed all the 2PM boys had left, and the girls were staring at me in concern.

"Unnie?" Sunmi questioned hesitantly. "You look...hypnotized!"

"You okay?" Yoobin asked.

 

"....I don't....know..."