Explosion part 1

Unwritten

 

Darkness.


Droplets of water.


Squeaks from the floor boards.


He had a flashlight,


but still he was in darkness.


Years ago, way before the BigBang, people were constantly singing, and dancing. People were laughing and goofing off. It was common to see two teenagers acting deranged on a child’s playground. I can’t stress it enough that, that was common! Those who have memories of those days can’t help but stare out of their -broken- window and feel pity on the souls who are struggling to raise their children in a better world. These victims would then move their attention to the few, to none who have sacrificed their could-have-been lives of comfort for entertainment to those around them: The street dancers, street magicians, singers. Finally the onlookers would change their sights to those trying to rule, trying to be on top and these onlookers would only sigh; Those who are controlled by greed, those controlled by the lust for power, those are the ones who made the world like this.


These onlookers, when not watching the children of the new world with pity, they find themselves as puppets of the lacking government. They are abiding by the rules, hoping to just stay under the radar, and to never experience the fear they had that day. Had they not seen the broadcast of BigBang, maybe they would be able to go out and live life to the fullest. Maybe. But these thoughts are wasteful, unchangeable. One man, who had discovered this has disarmed his penniless thoughts to try to upbring a honest rulership.


He sat at his desk, a flashlight pointed at the papers upon the desk. His body was curled over the table, while he held his aching temple. His eyes flickered from one paper to the next: Nothing would register to his brain. With a low growl the man kicked himself away from the desk. His chair swirling around the room until it collided with the bookcase. A couple of books had fallen and bounced off his lap to the floor. A small groan escaped from the man’s lips.


“ This is going nowhere.” He muttered.


A loud crash followed by loud yelling - presumably Chunji’s voice- echoed into his room. The man lowered

his head, shaking it softly.  “What did L-joe do now?”


Standing up, he dusted off his ripped jeans. At the action, he reminded himself to get Chunji to sew them back up. In this heat it is not safe to walk around with lots of skin showing absentmindedly. He turned around, heading out of the work room, quickly giving a last glare to the papers on his desk.


Turning the corner and he found himself in the old vending machine room. Inside, Chunji, Changjo and L-joe were glaring at each other. The purple haired boy was rubbing the back of his left shoulder. Sighing, the newcomer let out an authoritative cough. Each boy changed their gaze to him.


“C.A.P? You okay?” Chunji asked.


Ignoring the question, the boy, C.A.P  growled. “ What the hell is going on?”

Uneasily the boys glanced at each other. Chunji’s head drooped slightly. As the leader took in a deep breath, Changjo spilled:


“ L-joe was cheating!” Changjo exclaimed, stomping his foot.


“ WAS NOT!” L-joe retorted, crossing his arms.


“Shut up temp!” Chunji growled.


“H-How are you three such children?” C.A.P breathed, pinching the bridge of his nose.


L-joe groaned and snapped to his head to the side. A snarky comment was about to slip out his lips when suddenly the ground shook. All four of them froze in their position as a terrifying thunder echoed through their ears. C.A.P slid his hand on the broken vending machine, eyeing the rest of the boys. Chunji and Changjo were on the ground, unconsciously protecting the other with their arms. L-joe had his head covered with his hands, as he shook in the corner. C.A.P’s eyes softened at the sight. His feet slid towards the boy but was  interrupted by another bang outside. Small whimpers escaped every boy in the room.


The chipped ceiling, cracked. pebbles of stone fell upon the boys. The little light in the room vanished; the lamps crashed to the floor. The leader stumbled to keep his balance. His eyes continually scanned over the three boys, making sure each is rightfully safe.


“H-Hyung.” The leader heard someone mutter. Looking down, C.A.P caught eyes with the youngest. “Where’s Ricky and Niel?”


BANG!


More of the roof crumbled.


“ H-hyung?” Chunji echoed.


“I-I... I don’t know. But their safe. They’re smart right? Well, Neil is anyways. ”


BANG


The two boys nodded. Niel and Ricky,  Ricky and Niel. They were two members who had gone out on a scavenger mission, two days previous. It was set they would be back by then, before these explosions. The whole team knew C.A.P, although each had a special place in his heart, Niel and Ricky were always under his protective eye. Others, Chunji and Changjo, were protected well, but under different means; C.A.P knew what each member needed.


Creaks and slight grumbles from the ceiling caught the attention of the gang. Their eyes moved up towards the cracking concrete. C.A.P straightened up, seeing how the bombing seemed to have stopped, at least for now. He gently moved to the two boys in each other’s arms, and gently pushed their shoulders towards the door. Whispering a quick, ‘move’ before hovering over to the newest member. L-joe peaked out from under his arms, locking gazes with the leader.


“Get up, and quickly move out.” C.A.P muttered, kicking the boy’s knee softly. L-joe let out an uneasy chuckle before rising. As the smaller made movement to take his first step, a chunk of concrete and floor boards crashed in front of their eyes. C.A.P pulled L-joe’s elbow back before the concrete met the floor. The smaller stumbled, his eyes widening. A slight mumble of ‘I didn’t sign up for this’ escaped the newcomer’s lips. The leader rolled his eyes and shoved the boy towards the exit. All humor C.A.P had at the moment was washed away.


L-joe jogged over to the archway, glancing back to see the leader, looking about the place idly. “ Leader, Hyung , what are you doing get out.”


“ I’m making sure we don’t need anything. And don’t tell me what to do Joey-boy.” C.A.P glared. Huffing, L-joe spun around on his heel to watch his ‘leader’.


L-joe’s eyes widened as he saw more of the ceiling crack. He tried to open his mouth, to move, but his body was frozen. His skin whitened. His pupils dilated. His heart thumped, even faster than when he heard the first explosion.

 

A small twitch of his fingers felt like heaven to the boy. His arm floated, grasping the air towards his leader. “L-lea-,”

 

The boy was pushed to the side.


The cracks in the roof met.


The cement, the concrete, the boards gave out.

 

_______________________________________________________~_~_________________________________________
Author's Note:

I am sorry to be so late with updating; I was honestly really depressed on how I wrote the third chapter. No seriously, it was horrible. How could you all read that and still subscribe to me? You guys are amazing! And all of your sweet deary little comments were splendid to read ^.^

It is a double update today. Again though I apologize for the horrible chapter ridden. Don't say " Naw it was gorgeously written, please continue' if you don't mean it xD I mean it will boost my confidence (And my ever growing ego) but please don't xD.

LOVE YOU ALL my giraffing babies :o Please don't giraffe actually... I don't know what that means and I fear it may not be that good of thing. If it is a good thing actually, then please do it and have fun too!