Chapter 4

WGM Boybands Special: Infinite and BTOB [HIATUS]

As Hyunsik and Sunggyu were eating, the restaurant owner’s son came up to them with a bright pink envelope.
"Oh so cute, kamsahamnida," cooed Sunggyu earning him an amused expression from Hyunsik.

"Open it hyung!" Hyunsik urged. Sunggyu opened the envelope and read out the mission. "Take a cute selca together,"

Hyunsik laughed awkwardly. Sunggyu turned to him and with an air of authority, said, “We’ll go to a place with pretty scenery to take the selca.” He looked at Hyunsik expectantly. Waiting for his reaction. Hyunsik shrugged. Sunggyu smiled. "Finally, “he thought, "a dongsaeng who listens."

The two finished their meal and thanked the restaurant owners before they left. They were outside deciding where to take their selca when a thought struck Hyunsik. He knew the perfect place to take the selca. He grabbed Sunggyu's arm and without a word pulled him towards the bus stop. They boarded the bus with Sunggyu protesting vehemently. The cameramen having to persuade the bus-driver that it was just a variety show and that the two boys would behave themselves while on the bus.

On the bus , Sunggyu asked Hyunsik repeatedly where they were going. It was driving him crazy that once again a dongsaeng had taken the lead.  Wasnt it just a few moments ago that he was in control? How did he fall into Hyungsik's power? Hyunsik just shook his head  with a bright smile and said,” We’ll see."

When they had reached their stop. Hyunsik motioned politely for Sunggyu to get off the bus first. Sunggyu got off with a huff, but he did note Hyunsik's polite gesture. Against Sunggyu's will, they walked towards the place where Hyunsik wanted to take the selca.The breeze sweeping their hair back lightly.Sunggyu squinted trying to see where they were going.

"Hyung, close your eyes," Hyunsik said stopping suddenly.

"I don’t want to." Sunggyu pouted.

"Please Hyung!" Hyunsik said looking pleadingly at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu closed his eyes unwillingly. Hyunsik smiled into the camera and with his hands motioned to the fans watching to "follow" him. Then Sunggyu felt Hyunsik latch onto his arm gently as he guided Sunggyu forward. After about 5 Steps, Hyunsik whispered, “Hyung, open your eyes."

Sunggyu opened his eyes. His breath hitched as he drank in the sight of the Han River. The corner of his lips twitched upwards in a small smile.

Hyunsik happy with his reaction smiled and looking onto the river said, “I’ve always wanted to bring someone I liked to the Han River,"
Sunggyu turned to look at the younger and raised his eyebrow questioningly.(the look)

"Don't misunderstand Hyung, I’m just saying that this place is really special to me," Hyunsik laughed sheepishly,still looking onto the river.

Sunggyu nodded and turning back to face the river asked, “Shall we take the selca then?"

"Okay!" Hyunsik replied. He turned around and whipped out his phone. They both looked into the camera and smiled. Both pair of eyes disappeared. They checked the picture and were satisfied.

Hyungyu Couple: Mission accomplished.

Minhyuk and Woohyun were walking along some shops sipping on bubble tea when Woohyun's and Minhyuk's phone beeped simultaneously. They looked at each other and laughed before checking their phones.
"Take a cute selca together," they read out.

"That's easy! I'm naturally cute already!" said Woohyun as he threw hearts into the camera. Minhyuk laughed at the younger's behaviour.

Woohyun turned to him with a bright smile and asked,"Hyung, our selca will be the cutest right?" Minhyuk scoffed. Ilhoon's aegyo had been getting on his nerves, yet with Woohyun it was different. Minhyuk genuinely felt that Woohyun was cute.

Minhyuk was examining Woohyun as the younger went from shop to shop. Staring into each shop window. Upon arriving at a certain shop, he squinted and with a satisfied nod called out to Minhyuk to follow him. He pushed open the door and they were greeted with fashion accessories of all types. Necklaces, bracelets, sunglasses, scarves, jackets. Wherever Minhyuk looked, he saw sparkles of jewels and bright bold patterns on clothes. Woohyun looked as though he was on a rampage. He searched around for something with frantic actions.

"What are you doing?" Minhyuk asked.

"I'm searching for something to wear for the selca." Woohyun answered as a matter-of-factly. He then continued to search. Minhyuk shook his head and decided to look around for something to be bought. He was reaching for a Mickey Mouse headband when Woohyun pranced about in front of him wearing a Minnie mouse headband.

Minhyuk laughed at his and Woohyun's telepathy."Uwah!Hyung we really do make a good couple! “Woohyun said noticing his and Minhyuk's Headband.

"Let’s take the selca then," Minhyuk said whipping out his phone. They took three different selcas two on Woohyun's phone and one on Minhyuk’s. Each photo different from the other.

"Hyung, we look like such a good couple!" Woohyun said again as they viewed the photos.

"We know who the girl is!" Minhyuk said pointing at Woohyun's headband.

"Aniyo, you already took the Mickey Mouse one, that’s why I ended up with the Minnie Mouse one!" argued Woohyun.

"Don't worry my Woohyunnie is much prettier than any girl" Minhyuk said pinching Woohyun's cheek. Woohyun grinned openly. The two of them then took another selca and posted it on Twitter. They left the shop still wearing the headbands that the production crew had to pay for.

"Out with Woohyunnie Sunbaenim! He's the Minnie to my Mickey <3 ^^"

"Minhyuk Hyung is My Mickey Yeobo! He says I’m the prettiest in the world <3 ^^ don’t you think so too? "

Minhyun Couple: Mission accomplished.

Eunkwang and Dongwoo were in the subway when the production crew passed them an envelope.
"Take a cute selca together," read Eunkwang.

"What is this? Mis-mis-mission?" Dongwoo asked looking over Eunkwang's shoulder. Eunkwang giggled at Dongwoo's stuttering.

"Hyung gwenchana?" Eunkwang asked laughing.

"WHYYYYYY! I’m not cute I'm cool I cannot take a cute selca!" Dongwoo said shaking his head violently.

"Aniyo hyung fans will want to see a different side of you! You must do it for the fans and me hyung!" Eunkwang pleaded. He made pleading faces, trying hard to make Dongwoo laugh.

"What are you doing!puhahahahahaha" Dongwoo erupted into fits if giggles. Eunkwang had tried to imitate Hyunsik's eye-smile and he looked as if someone was stretching his face muscles.

"Let’s go to someplace fun to take the selca then!" Eunkwang said gripping Dongwoo's arm tightly and pouting. They decided to go to Hongdae.As they stepped into the the heart of Seoul, they were surrounded by throngs of shoppers. Billboards blinked, salespeople called out to customers and all around them were the smells of delicious street food.

"Hyung dduboki!" Eunkwang cried out in excitement . The both of them rushed to get stick after stick of dduboki.

"Eunkwanggie here! Cola-float? What is this?" Dongwoo asked staring curiously as the stall owner prepared a Coke Float. Dongwoo's eyes followed the stall owner's skilled hands as he poured the coke into a small plastic cup and squeezed a spiral of ice cream over it.

"EUNKWANGIE I WANT THIS!" Dongwoo yelled startling some passer-by’s and the stall owner.

"I'm sorry, may I have two coke floats please?" Eunkwang asked the stall owner bowing politely.

"Sorry ahjusshi, I’ve never seen anything like this before you have such good skills!" Dongwoo said bouncing excitedly. The stall owner who at first had stared disapprovingly at Dongwoo was now smiling at the older boy's cuteness.

They left the stall with a coke float and the ddukboki from before. Suddenly Eunkwang gasped and stuck his face in a shop window. The customers in the shop got shocked by the idol's pressed nose and big wide eyes. “Hyung! Look at this! I really want to buy it!" Eunkwang said excitedly.

Dongwoo looked into the shop window, it was G-Dragon Sunbaenim's One of a Kind Album.

"I've been searching everywhere for this album!" Eunkwang said still pressed against the window. They went into the CD-shop and bought the album. Eunkwang squealing like a fan girl. As they left the shop, they were swarmed by fans, Inspirits and Melodies alike, they were given present after present. They smiled politely and took pictures and signed autographs for the fans. Finally after a while the fans were blocked and Eunkwang and Dongwoo were rushed into the production crew's car loaded with presents and their coke floats and ddukboki. They laughed hysterically.

"Hyung lets show off our presents in the selca!" Eunkwang said smiling.

"Ok!" Dongwoo said holding up his phone to take the selca.They looked in satisfaction at their selca and continued to enjoy their food.

Wookwang couple: Mission Accomplished.

Myungsoo and Sungjae had finished eating and were now walking around the shopping centre. Being idols and the fact that it was Infinite's KIM MYUNGSOO roaming around, they got recognised immediately and were also surrounded by fans. Being the polite idols they were, they gave fan-service with a pure heart. Lucky fans received hugs and also autographs.

"Sungjae oppa! You're so handsome!"

"L oppa! Why are you so handsome oppa?"

"L oppa! Why are you so handsome oppa?"

"Sungjae oppa you’re so cute!”

"Myungsoo oppa can you give me a hug oppa!"

"Myungsoo oppa I love you!"

"Sungjae oppa I love you!"

"L oppa is so handsome!"

"L oppa I love you!"

"L oppa where's Sungyeol Oppa?"

" Sungjae oppa where's Peniel Oppa?"

At the mention of their on-stage partner, the two of them became awkward. Then Myungsoo suddenly putting an arm around Sungjae's shoulder said, “Now Sungjae is my partner! Treat us well kamsahamnida!" The fans squealed excitedly and after a while dispersed seeing that their oppa's needed privacy. The two continued shopping.

Sungjae stared at Myungsoo curiously, “Why did he do that? Did he do it for me? “Sungjae snapped away from Myungsoo and instead looked out for something nice to buy. They entered a clothes’ shop and they started browsing through some shirts. He noticed that Myungsoo had gone for plaid shirts and the colour black.

"Hyung, try this instead of black hyung!" Sungjae said offering the older boy a pastel-blue shirt. Myungsoo started to shake his head but Sungjae pouted and he reluctantly agreed to try on the shirt. Before that he helped Sungjae to decide between two brightly coloured shirts, choosing the pale green shirt for Sungjae to try on.

While in the fitting room, Sungjae asked, “Hyung why do you like the colour black so much?"

"I think black suits my face and Image a lot, I can’t wear loud prints like Dongwoo or Sunggyu Hyung and I cant dress in pale or girly colours like Sungjongie," Myungsoo answered his voice muffled as he put on the new shirt.(This was of course not filmed)

"I see I prefer light colours and I think I look very tall in black, I don’t think I need to look tall since I’m already so tall hahahahah," Sungjae chuckled.

Myungsoo laughed. “This guy is cute," he thought. He then asked, “Are you done changing, we should do a revelation!"

"Ready!" Then with mush vigour, they open the doors to reveal themselves. Both looking exceptionally handsome. Some of the production crew noonas cooed. The two laughed and decided to check their reflections in the full length mirror. They were then approached by the shopkeeper whose cheeks were red with embarrassment and happiness. She handed them the same envelope that their hyungs had received earlier.

"Take a cute selca together," Sungjae read. He smiled to himself. He could do that. He wasn’t called BTOB's maknae for no reason.

"Selca? I will find the best angle!" Myungsoo responded with a wink to the camera. He took out his phone and searched for the best-lit area and nicest angle. His eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"This is Myungsoo when he is in photographer-mode. Click!" Sungjae said pretending he was holding a fake camera in his hands.

"Sungjae-ya, come here!" Myungsoo called he had found a perfect spot for the selca.Sungjae ran over to where Myungsoo stood near a rack of woolly-winter coats. Sungjae put his arms around Myungsoo's upper torso and then they took the selca. Due to Myungsoo's wonderful photography skills and Sungjae's cuteness they decided that the selca was very good and resolved to just taking one selca. They then went to the counter to buy the shirts they had chosen. Continuing with their shopping wearing their new shirts.

"Hyung aren't you glad you didn't buy black again?" Sungjae teased.

"Yes Sungjae yes," Myungsoo replied ruffling the younger's hair and smiled.

Myungjae Couple: Mission Accomplished

"Sungjong let's go somewhere else, I’m getting bored," Peniel said. Sungjong looked up at Peniel and laughed. The older boy was like a dongsaeng he had to take care of. He watched as Peniel pouted at the camera and said, “I want to go play!” Sungjong shook his head. He was sure this hyung wasn't mean or scary.

"We'll go play finish your food first okay?" Sungjong said making Peniel smile.

"Okay!" Peniel agreed. He wolfed down his food and smiled with puffed cheeks and Sungjong. “I’m done!" he said.

"Yah-Hyung! That’s dirty!" Sungjong said making a face.

"Sorry," Peniel said still smiling.

They left the museum in search of something to feed Peniel's boredom. They were having a conversation about their hyungs when they came across a playground. It was deserted with only a few kids and the walls were covered with grafitti.Words not fit for children to see.

"Oh annyeong!" Sungjong said to the kids crouching at their eye level. He approached a young child about 3 years old and shook his hand."Popo (Kiss)?" Sungjong said offering his cheek to the child for a kiss. The child planted a sweet kiss on his face and laughed gleefully. He put his arms around Sungjong's neck and smiled and waved at the camera.

Peniel watched the scene with a small smile. He was about to approach Sungjong and the baby when he saw swings. With a cry of glee he ran towards the swings and sat on one of them. He pushed himself of the ground and began to swing. With each push he gained momentum and swung faster and higher. He was dizzy with delight and after a while slowed down.

"Oppa, can you push me?" Peniel heard someone say. He turned to the left of him and saw a young girl, about 5 years old, with cute pigtails and big round eyes sitting on the swing next to him.

"Okay!" He said and got out of his swing to push the girl. First gently and then when she told him to go higher he pushed her higher. She screamed in delight her pigtails flying.

"Omo! Omo! Stop!" A lady screamed running over to get Peniel away from her daughter. She started hitting him with her handbag and Peniel yelped in pain. The staff tried to stop the lady and when Sungjong heard the screaming he came over.

"Yah! You sly ert!" The lady screamed hitting the defenceless Peniel.

‘Ahjumma! No I was not…ouch.Ahjumma! Ouch!” Peniel tried uselessly to explain himself.

“Ahjumma! What are you doing?!” Sungjong screamed flinging himself in front of Peniel.

“This ert! He tried to hurt my daughter! Move aside!” She retorted.

“And how would you know that?” Sungjong asked calmly. The lady looked surprised. Then Sungjong turned to the little girl and in a small voice asked, “Was this oppa hurting you?”

“Nope! He was pushing me on the swing!” the girl replied with a bright smile.

“Ah, I see. Thank you! “He said patting the young girls head with a smile.

“Ah, sorry I thought he was hurting my daughter! He was smiling at her weirdly!” the lady said.

“That’s because your daughter is very pretty!” Peniel said rubbing his hurt chin.

“Ah, I’m really sorry I did not mean for this to happen! Sorry!” the lady apologised.

“Next time ahjumma, don’t do this lucky we are nice people we won’t file report against you!”Sungjong said smiling.

“Ah, thank you. What’s this? Are you filming? Was I caught on camera? “The lady asked suddenly noticing the cameras.

“We can edit this out if you want.”Sungjong said politely.

“Please edit this out, so embarrassing. Boy, you okay?” she asked turning to Peniel.”Ah how come I didn’t notice you are idols! And you are so handsome I hope I didn’t ruin your face!” the lady said patting Peniel’s cheeks lovingly.

“No, no its okay ahjumma,” Peniel said reassuringly. The lady and her daughter left leaving the couple at the scene. Just then a baby came up to them with an envelope.

“Take a cute selca together,” Sungjong read.

“Aigoo, we still have to do mission even when I was just attacked?” Peniel asked the staff. They nodded.

“ Donggeun hyung let’s take one on the swings!” Sungjong suggested. Peniel agreed and with a few kids around them, they took the cute selca together.

Penjong Couple: Mission Completed 

Hoya and Ilhoon were now sitting on one of the park tables eating their healthy takeaways. 

"Hyung,why are we filming this show ?" Ilhoon asked.It wasn't that he didn't want to be on the show or that he didn't want to be with the sunbaes but he still hadnt found the reason why they were filming the show.

Firstly, weren't his managers constantly complaining about too much skinship between the members? And as much as fans loved it, they too only saw it as closeness between members right? Why would they want to film a show about romance between two boy idol groups? 

Hoya looked up at the younger.He noticed that despite the younger boys cute features,he was very mature. And he was truly serious about the question. He wasn't like Sungyeol or Woohyun who would be initially curious but after a while forget about it, Ilhoon was the type who thought about something all the time until he got an answer to his question. 

"Variety." Hoya answered finally.

"What?" Ilhoon asked staring at Hoya.

"Variety.We're doing this show for variety.For promoting our groups. For fanservice.For our fans."Hoya said biting his sandwich thoughtfully."But really Hoonie,I don't know." Ilhoon looked up sharply at the mention of Hoonie. I mean Hoya was the first to call him that.

"Hyunggg,"Ilhoon whined suddenly.

"Yes?" Hoya asked. "I'm scared of Myungsoo and Dongwoo hyung.I don't like skinship hyunggg," Ilhoon whined batting his eyelashes. Hoya laughed.

So, this was what was worrying Ilhoon.Skinship. Not that he liked it either but Hoya found it natural.It wasn't like he and s had anything going on. I mean its just between men right? Suddenly Hoya and Ilhoon's phone buzzed. They both turned to look at the message they had received from the production crew.

"Take a cute selca together," Ilhoon and Hoya read. 

"Hyung, i can be cute, but can you?" Ilhoon asked Hoya with a playful grin.

"Yah- Havent you heard?" Hoya asked.

"What?" Ilhoon replied.

"I am Infinite's 4D guy!I can do anything!Euhahaha!" Hoya said standing with his legs slightly apart and pointing towards the sky.

"Omo-embarrassing!VJ's lets go away from hyung," Ilhoon said covering his face as though he was embarrassed. He ran away as though he wanted to avoid Hoya at all costs.

"Yah-Jung Ilhoon!" Hoya shouted and chased after him.The two ran around until finally Ilhoon was too tired so he sat down.

"Huuu huuu- Hyung let's rest!" He said panting.

"Yah- was i embarrassing?" Hoya asked laughing at the younger boys fast-depleted energy.He pushed the younger slightly causing the younger to fall.

"No, but what you did ruined your image hyung! Apologise to the viewers!" Ilhoon said nudging and pushing the older boy harder.

"To all my Inspirits and viewers,Sorry!" Hoya said bowing at the camera.

"Hahahaha pabo!" Ilhoon laughed.

"I'm your hyung!" Hoya retorted hitting the laughing boy playfully.

After a while they took a selca,Ilhoon pouting his lips cutely and Hoya widening his eyes.

HoHoon Couple: Mission Accomplished

"Ring ma bell- Ring ma bell-" Changsub and Sungyeol sang while dancing cutely.

"Oh ma boy~ oh ma boy~ baby" They sang doing the body wave.

After 15 minutes of non-stop girl-group karaoke songs, the two lay down on the sofa.They had eaten and their time limit for them to use the Karaoke room was almost up.

"Sungyeol-ah, who will pay for the room?" Changsub asked drinking his third can of cola.

"Hyung,the staffs will pay, we dont have to worry," Sungyeol replied while looking through the song selection.

Staff:No, you have to pay it yourselves.

"What?" Sungyeol asked bolting upright. Wasnt the production crew supposed to pay for their expenses while on a show?

"Sungyeol how much does this all cost?" Changsub asked the younger boy who was slowly going into panic mode.

"Lets go out and ask the counter hyung," Sungyeol said picking up his valuables and jacket and dashed towards the counter.

"How may i help you?" the kind lady asked smiling at Sungyeol.

"Ah noona,how much is our bill?" Sungyeol asked.

"Let me check, 25,200 won, yes. Would you like to pay now?" the lady answered smiling.The colour drained from Sungyeol's face but he quickly smiled.

"Ah-hold on for a moment," Sungyeol said turning around to face the cameras."Noona-please!I dont have money please pay for me!" Sungyeol begged going on his knees in front of the cameras and writer noonas.

"Sungyeol-ah.What are you doing?" Changsub asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Hyuuuuunng!It costs 25,200 won hyung! I have no money!" Sungyeol said still kneeling down.

"Really?" Changsub asked ,he rushed to the counter and looked at the bill."What! Why is it so expensive!Did we spend so much? Jinjja ?" He asked shocked.

"PD, how do we pay? Please pay for us !" Sungyeol whined.

"How? Wait,noona do you know who I am?" Changsub asked the lady.

She looked at all the cameras then back at Sungyeol and Changsub.Her smile faltered momentarily as she gasped in realization.It was then replaced with the same bright welcoming smile.

"Do you know who we are?"Changsub asked again.She nodded her head.

"Please noona! Give me a celebrity discount please!" Sungyeol said with a pout. The lady eyes soften as she said in a rather apologetic tone that she couldn't give them a large discount but only a 10% discount. At this Sungyeol let out a cheerful whoop as he proceeded to take out the little money that he had in his pocket. He only had 15,000 won so he was hoping that his hyung had 8,000 won to spare but Changsub just shook his head.

"Noona do you want my autograph maybe?or I could do a dance for you if you like! Please please let me do something to pay for the meal!" Sungyeol started pleading looking at the lady with all the cuteness he could muster.Changsub smiled at this.

"Noona I will sing for you!" Changsub said voluntarily as he broke into the chorus of second confession.He then motioned for Sungyeol to sing but the younger refused and insisted he dance instead.They left the shop without having to pay.

"That was so embarrassing!" Sungyeol groaned and flailed his arms as they walked down the streets.They were heading nowhere and that was when they received the same envelope from the staff.

"Take a cute selca together,"Sungyeol read.He immediately pouted.

"I just went through all that and I have to take a cute selca PD-nim?" He asked the PD with a questioning look.

Sungyeol sighed in anguish as Changsub just watched his dongsaeng with a smile on his face.They were nearing an ice cream cart so Changsub decided to buy some ice cream.He passed Sungyeol a strawberry cone and he himself took a vanilla cone and they it as they cruise the streets.

"HYUNG!"Sungyeol shouted suddenly as realization striked him. "YOU HAD MONEY AND YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR THE MEAL?DID YOU WANT TO SEE ME EMBARRASSED?!"He continued to scream at the amused Changsub.

Sungyeol was about to scream again when he heard a faint click of a camera.Changsub giggled as he showed the photo or selca to Sungyeol.Sungyeol was pouting and looked obviously angry and Changsub had a playful grin on his face.Sungyeol sighed in an exasperated manner as he mentally slapped himself for having a hyung like Changsub.

Yeolsub Couple: Mission Accomplished