Chapter 3

WGM Boybands Special: Infinite and BTOB [HIATUS]

 

Staircase, 11.00am

Sunggyu and Hyunsik had decided to go to a nearby restaurant for their first meal together. On their way down, they saw a couple playing a peculiar “scissors, paper, stone” game.

"You're not going to suggest we play that right?" Sunggyu asked cocking his head to one side.

"It would be copying from G.NA noona," said Hyunsik biting his lip in thought. “But if we don't give the fans any entertainment, we will be edited out wont we?"

"We should play then, I want to be more noticeable than Woohyun," Sunggyu said suddenly with an evil grin. So they played. With their goal to have more screen time and to reach the bottom of the steps, they played the game. Losing and winning an equal number of times. Finally when Sunggyu was just 4 steps to reaching the bottom, Hyunsik won. The younger grinned and held out his hand for Sunggyu to take.

"Let's go eat!” Said Sunggyu grumpily. Hyunsik oblivious to his partners discontent, laughed. Happy that he had won. The two of them entered a restaurant nearby that had very little people but very good ambience. They sat down at a table and began to make small talk. The air was tense. When the food came they started eating in silence.

"Minhyuk hyung has read almost all the books in the adult section, he makes all these dirty jokes to corrupt Peniel and Sungjae's minds," said Hyunsik wittily, breaking the silence.

 "Hoya is no different!" Said Sunggyu smiling awkwardly. They laughed awkwardly both rubbing the back of their necks at the same time. Then they both apologised into the camera for talking badly about their members.

"Eunkwang hyung's Birthday is on 22 November, it’s so late that even he forgets to celebrate it sometimes!" Hyunsik said again, forgetting their apology.

"Really? Dongwoo's Birthday is on the same date!" said Sunggyu with rounded eyes.

"Jinjja?So coincidental.Hyung! Do you think they got paired together?" Hyunsik asked excitedly.

"Maybe they did!"Sunggyu said.It was too good a chance miss.Two idols having the same birthday? Perfect match.

Each of them continued eating but this time the silence was comfortable. There no longer was any awkwardness and it seemed as though Hyunsik and Sunggyu had found something to talk about, their members.

Sunggyu thought that Hyunsik was mature. But he could act childish too. He could only wish that Sungyeol could be half as mature as him. He wanted to get to know Hyunsik more. He wanted to know some body building techniques too. He was sure Hyunsik had six-packs.

Hyungsik glanced at Sunggyu who was looking dazed and chuckled. Sure he was older but Hyungsik thought that something about Sunggyu was cute. Maybe it was the way he could drop his charismatic-leader side of him and become a childlike-Sunggyu.Maybe it was the eye smile.

Garden, 11.00am

"Eunkwang , do you like animals?" Dongwoo asked. The two had found a restaurant in the garden and were enjoying their first meal together.

"Yes ! I like dogs ! And cats!"Eunkwang answered with a smile.

"I did a variety show with A-Pink once.We took care of three abandoned dogs, they were so cute. It was sad how they were not wanted."Dongwoo said suddenly frowning.

"I watched that show! Hyung was great on that show! Dont worry I’m sure no one will abandon animals after watching your show. When is your birthday hyung ?" Eunkwang said reassuringly and changed the topic.

"22 November 1990, You?" Dongwoo asked.Eunkwang froze. Then he held up his palm for Dongwoo to high-five.Dongwoo laughed and high-fived him absentmindedly.

"Mine is on 22 November 1990 too hyung!" Eunkwang said excitedly.

"Wah! That makes us twins ! So cool!"They continued to talk about their common interests finding out that they had a lot of similarities like the preference for watermelon instead of ice-cream on hot days.They also realised that they were both close to the 91-liners in their group. Their laughter filled the air and the ambience seemed a lot more brighter with the two of them.

At first it had been very private because it was only the two of them, but after a while fans had started gathering and they could feel many pairs of eyes on them.

“Dongwoo hyung,” started Eunkwang only to be shushed by Dongwoo.

“We should just drop the formalities Eunkwang! We’re the same age!” Dongwoo said with a toothy grin.

“Okay,Dongwoo don’t you feel awkward with all the eyes on us?”Eunkwang asked the older boy.

“No, I think I shall give them some fan service,” said Dongwoo standing up .He was about to approach the fans when he collided into a chair. He fell to the ground and started laughing hysterically.

“Euhahahahahaha” Eunkwang burst into a fit of laughter .holding his sides.

The fans loved this and they started cheering loudly.

“We have to escape !” Dongwoo said pulling the laughing Eunkwang and running out of the restaurant and park. Out of the fans reach.

When they were safe, Eunkwang and Dongwoo laughed hysterically.Eunkwang was laughing so hard that he began to choke and Dongwoo had to pat his back.

Dongwoo still couldn’t believe that the guy who was choking in front of him was the leader of Btob.His laugh had caught Dongwoo by surprise and he had found it hard to stop laughing as well.Eunkwang and he were indeed twins.

Eunkwang thought of Dongwoo’s fall and he felt the laughter rise up his throat. He thought that Dongwoo was seriously funny. He felt he was honestly lucky to be paired with someone so close to his nature.

Pedestrian crossing, 11.00am

"Hahahaha we really do look like each other!" Said Minhyuk.

"We do! I heard that you wanted to learn how to stare my y stare hyung," said Woohyun his Ice-cream and wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ah, yeah. Everyone kept telling me I looked like you. Before my debut no one said I looked like anyone!" Minhyuk said with a smile.

"Haha I think Hyung looks like me but I am handsomer hyung!" Woohyun said laughing. Minhyuk pushed Woohyun playfully, and slapped his back. They decided to eat meat for all its God-given glory. They both loved cooking and loved meat. They settled in a small cosy snack bar and feasted on dish after dish of bulgogi, kimchee and ddukboki.

 "How should we address each other ?" asked Woohyun.

Minhyuk looked up and thought. "Maybe we should play a prank on the members ! You can call me Woohyun and I’ll call you Minhyuk!"

"Hyung that is a very silly idea. Oh how are you and Yewon sunbaenim?" replied Woohyun with a laugh.

"We're okay, but i'm more nervous doing this variety. I do not know what the fans want to see." Said Minhyuk sipping his coke.

"Same here. But I wonder why our Managers and company agreed to this. They used to hate Sungjong's girl dances and did not like our coupling." Said Woohyun reaching for another piece of meat.

"You mean Myungsoo and Sungyeol Sunbaenim? Or you and Sunggyu sunbaenim or Hoya and Dongwoo sunbaenim?" asked Minhyuk.Infinite members were all friendly with each other it seemed possible for everyone to be paired together.

"Mostly the Myungyeol couple and Dongwoo's skinship!" Woohyun answered laughing .

"Our company scolded us for sleeping in our underwear ... And because I wanted to go to the bar!" Minhyuk said with a sheepish smile.

"Oh hyung! Why did you want to go to the bar!" said Woohyun with a suggestive wink.

"Yah!I'm your Hyung!" Minhyuk said shoving Woohyun playfully. They laughed loudly, attracting attention.Like bees to honey, fans were crowding outside the snack bar screaming their names . Going crazy that the two were together. It seemed that not only was Woohyun cheesy but Minhyuk was too. Soon they were throwing hearts and more than 50 fans had gathered outside the small snack bar. They made a stealthy escape through the back door. Sprinting out of sight but certainly not out of mind. Tweets after tweets were posted.

“I saw Minhyuk and Woohyun oppa together <3”

“I’ve seen them.I can now die in peace <3”

Park, 10.50am

Ilhoon and Hoya smiled awkwardly at each other. Hoya rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Then Ilhoon's face lighted up.

"Hyung, do you want to go cycling?" he asked hopefully.

"Oh! Good idea let's go!" said Hoya nodding.

The two went to the nearest cycling both and rented two bikes. They made little talk on the way and to get more screen time, Hoya started to talk about his family.

"My Father didn’t want me to be a singer but I wanted to. Now that I’ve succeeded I can now make him proud of me,"Hoya said with a tone of sadness.

"Hyung is so successful I’m sure he's very proud of hyung! I'm so lucky to have my sister in the same industry. I have someone to tell my troubles to." Ilhoon said.

"Really? Who is she?" asked Hoya curiously.

"JOO! She is not a very popular singer though." Ilhoon replied humbly.

"I know her! I met her on a music show I think." Said Hoya.

"Jinjja? Wow. " replied Ilhoon.

"Ilhoon-ah, if you have any problems in future, you can tell me ." Hoya said putting a hand around Ilhoon's shoulder.

"Yeah hyung, i will!" Ilhoon said with a smile.

Hoya smiled too and suddenly started pedalling faster. "Race you!" he yelled childishly.

"Hyung wait!" Ilhoon pedalled after him.

Ilhoon pedalled faster and faster finally catching up with Hoya.but Hoya wasn’t called the best idol athlete for nothing, he rushed past Ilhoon and reached the end of the trail. He had won.

“Now you have to treat hyung to lunch!” Hoya yelled at Ilhoon who was still 20m away from him. Ilhoon shook his head firmly and started pedalling back to the starting. Away from Hoya.

“Catch me!” he singsonged .

Hoya shook his head with a laugh and pedalled after the younger boy.

 

Café, 11.00am

Changsub and Sungyeol sat down at a seat near the window .Both sipped their drinks awkwardly.

"Sunbaenim, what is your height?" asked Changsub attempting to break the silence.

"Me? I'm 183cm tall!" Sungyeol replied puffing up his chest proudly.

"Jinjja! You're even taller than Sungjae!"Changsub commented in awe.

"Hahaha, is that so. I really like your song Father! And WOW!" Sungyeol said feeling embarrassed.

"Oh thank you! I think Eunkwang-hyung and Ilhoon sings and raps very well! They sang most of the song," Changsub said with a kind smile.

"Aniyo, you are a good singer. Aren't you the lead vocal?" asked Sungyeol.

"Yeah but I don’t think I sing well sunbaenim." Changsub said humbly. He sipped on his drink quietly. Unaware of the gears operating in Sungyeol’s mind. He was thinking of a plan.

"We'll find out I’ll take you to the karaoke club now! I bet I sing worse!" Sungyeol said jumping up and pulling Changsub out of the cafe. He dragged Changsub to the nearest karaoke club and they ordered a room.

They decided to sing UKiss’s, Standing Still. When Changsub sang, Sungyeol clapped happily. But when it came to Sungyeol's turn to sing, he didn’t want to sing. Changsub urged him trying all means to get him to sing. When Sungyeol finally relented and took the mike to sing B1A4's Tried to Walk, Changsub froze. Sungyeol sounded wonderful. Not as good as Sunggyu or Woohyun or Eunkwang or Hyunsik but definitely good.When Sungyeol finished Changsub cheered. But Sungyeol brushed away his compliments and asked if he wanted to order food.Changsub looked at him with a bewildered expression but decided against asking Sungyeol why he was so unconfident of himself.

"Should we order set or the full course?" asked Sungyeol.

"Full Course!" screeched Sungyeol and Changsub in unison into the camera. They collapsed in a fit of giggles and continued to sing song making voice impersonations from time to time.

Sungyeol thought that Changsub was too nice to him. He was a gentleman on a whole new level. Even Myungsoo wasn’t this nice to him. And Changsub had the voice of an angel. Sungyeol was deeply impressed by him.

Changsub smiled at the older boy. Sungyeol was very good-looking it was no wonder he had such large fanbases, no wonder he was Myungsoo’s favourite member. He never thought that he would be saying this about anyone but Changsub was sure that if given the chance, he would definitely want to be coupled with Sungyeol again.

Art Gallery, 10.55am

Sungjong and Peniel turned to look at the painting of the royal family.

"I don’t know anything about Korea's history." Peniel said.

"Jinjja, there's nothing interesting to be honest." said Sungjong vaguely. The staff and cameramen gave him looks of astonishment.

"I mean, Korea's history goes way back, I think it’s going to bore you," Sungjong said smiling at Peniel. Peniel was nodding his head quietly.

Sungjong stared at the boys small pout and smiled. Sure he was a hyung but Sungjong was sure that he wouldnt hurt a fly let alone scold him. Peniel was too innocent for that.

As they visited each painting, Sungjong told Peniel all about it and Peniel listened, genuinely interested in the country he never knew much about. They decided then to go to the little bakery that offered traditional delicacies from the Joseon Era.Over their food, Sungjong asked Peniel what his real name was.

"Shin Dongguen."Peniel said shyly.

"It’s a nice name! I will call you Dongguen !" Sungjong said as a matter of factly.

"Okay" Peniel said with a small smile.

“How did we ever get involved in a show like this? It’s pretty awkward isn’t it?” Sungjong said voicing out Peniel’s thoughts. Peniel nodded.

“But thankfully I don’t have to see my hyungs for a while. Things can get a little dangerous when you’re the maknae,” continued Sungjong.

“So it’s not good being the maknae?” asked a confused Peniel.Sungjae was always pampered by the hyungs.He was really nice to Peniel too.

“Not when you are living with Sunggyu hyung,” said Sungjong .

Cinema, 11.00am

As the movie unfolded,Myungsoo became more immersed in the story. Sungjae stared at the older boy, he had heard a lot about Kim Myungsoo. How his piercing stare could melt all the noona's hearts. How his smile made fangirls squeal. How he was the definition of beauty.Myungsoo suddenly turned around to face him and Sungjae turned back to fix his eyes on the screen. His cheeks burning with embarrassment. Myungsoo chuckled to himself. As the movie came to an end,Sungjae shifted in his seat. Now that the movie was over, he would have to talk to Myungsoo.

“Where do you want to go?” asked Myungsoo kindly. His eyes still on the big screen on which the credits were rolling.

“I am really hungry actually. We left the dorm before we could eat,” sighed Sungjae.

Myungsoo ruffled the younger boy’s hair and standing up he said, “Let’s go eat then!”

Sungjae smiled and standing up the two of them left the cinema in search of food. Finally they decided on a Chinese restaurant. Ordering a full course of soup, rice, vegetables, and meat. They were indeed hungry because the moment the food arrived, they tucked in.

Looking up occasionally to smile at the camera.Myungsoo decided to begin the conversation.

“What does being an idol feel like?”

Sungjae looked up at the older and replied, “Different I guess.i don’t get to see my family often. And practice is so difficult.”

“It’s like that at first but truthfully speaking when you see your fandom grow and your concert tickets sold out, it is all worthwhile,” Myungsoo said dreamily.

“That’s what I feel too. It felt good to go places and be recognised by fans,” said Sungjae with a happy smile.

“Yup.And you have members to rely on.Like your leader? What was his name? Eunkwang?”

“Yes Eunkwang-hyung treats us really well. I think it’s really an honour to be able to meet you sunbaenim,” Sungjae said getting up and bowing.

“Yah, gwenchana, I’ve always wanted to meet you guys too!” Myungsoo said with a smile.

Myungsoo though that Sungjae was extremely adorable. He loved how polite he was too. One could get tired of Sungjong’s divenature quite easily. He missed Sungyeol though.



 

Author's note:

HOPE YOU LIKE IT <3