Blow 1

Dear Dandelions, I Love Zhang Yixing
 

“One year. Just one year. Please…” She keeps pledging, claps her both hands, blinking with puppy eyes, and pouts cutely.

“It’s not working to me…”

“But…but…” she’s pouting even more than before. “Just one year…please…”

Sob..sob…sob… she’s faking a cry.

“Okay! Okay! Just one year! After that you must keep all your promises.”

“Yes! Yes! Finally! You’re so awesome. I’m going to pack my things! Thank you~” she jumps in happiness, leaned a kiss and then disappears inside her room.

“Make sure you come back on time! I warned you!”

“I know! I know!” She shouts back from her room. Humming a happy song.

“Idk…that’s girl!”

 

“Angel… I’m back. Where are you~ ~” he sang happily.

“She’s not here.” Mrs. Kim show up with her cup of coffee, glanced to the young boy.

“Huh? Where is she going? Run away again?”

“Schooling.”

“WHAT?? Mom, you must be kidding me.”

“Do I like one?”

“Mom…”

“Don’t worry, she will be okay.”

He sighed in frustrating.

 

 

Six months later…

 

Lay rolls his eyes over her. The girl in front of him right now still has no signs when she can stop from eating. She’s going to her second tray and still stole food from his tray.

“Oppa… it’s so delicious! Oh my God! Why the foods so amazing? I never taste something delicious like this.” She said with full mouth, smile happily. She acts like starving for months!

“It’s just food cafeteria. Nothing is amazing about that.” Lay mumble. Why she so excited with food cafeteria? Weird girl!

Kris stares on her while his spoon hanged on the air. Luhan drops his jaws since hour ago while Xiumin gulps in unbelievable seeing this girl had big appetite more than him.

Burrppp…

Chen choked with his water, shocked with her attitudes.

Tao dumbfounded.

“I’m full!” said Hyun Jae with wide smiles than ever. Try hard to breath. “Thank you, oppa!”

“Right…it’s good. I’m glad you really enjoy it!” Lay awkwardly smiles back. His friends still stunned make him cleared his throat, to wake them up.

“You want mine too?” Kris blurted as offers his food.

Hyun Jae shook her head and smiled, ”Nope. You can have for your own. I already took Lay oppa’s. “She waved her hands with red face.

Lay sighed in relief. This girl is too... hard to explain. While Hyun Jae wants to drink, her phone suddenly rang and giving alert that new message is coming. Never let go the straw from her lips, she just glances and reads the new message which make her choked, spill out all the juices to the boys.

Cough like hell.

All the boys scream in disgusting. Lay hissed when seeing Hyun Jae still not aware on what happened because her eyes still locked on the phone screen.

Her face happy face suddenly swipe away. She became the serious one. Hyun Jae goes through her phone and dials one number, waiting the other side answer with straight face.

At the same time, she start to pack her things make Lay frowns in confused.

“Are you leaving?” he asked.

Hyun Jae just sends quick smiles and mouthed ‘Sorry’ at him. She bid a goodbye to the boys and walks away.

Silent.

……

“What was exactly happened here?” after five minutes stupid silence, Xiumin blurted and make all eyes focus on him.

 

Lay sighed.

“You make the situation become complicated.” Said Kris, continue eating.

“Kris is right, why don’t you explain to her that you just practice that time?” Xiumin nod along.

“As if I can. Don’t you see how happy she is?” Lay slammed his face on the table. Heavily sighed.

“Then, how’s about Hana?”

Silent again.

……

“I don’t know.” Yes. He’s really don’t know what should he do right now. If only he can turn the time back, he absolutely make thing right! So frustrated.

 

Hyun Jae walks faster and a few times bumped with other students. She bows for apologize but her face still straight, no smiles.

“Oppa! Are you crazy?” she asked, half whispered and half angry. She’s still on phone.

“Why? Why? Why I can’t?” One man on other line still wants to provoke her.

“Yah! I told you before… it’s only one year!” Hyun Jae blew raspberry, stops walking and leaned on the wall. Far away from other students.

“What? Are you kidding me? When you told me? When? You just go like that without saying goodbye. ” he sound like sulking.

“Oh. Really? I’m not remembering that. Kekeke…“Hyun Jae giggled with no heart. She can hear the guy hissed from other line.

 

“Hi..oppa..”

Lay straighten his body when he heard her voice. The voice that he missed every day and always makes him smile like idiot. All the eyes focus on her at the same time. Lay’s heart beating hard.

“H-Hana…” Lay stuttered.

Kris glanced to blushing Lay. He raises his eyebrow and shook his head. * So stupid Lay!*

Lay’s rubbing his back neck and try to hide his obviously blushing face. When seeing Hana’s smile always make his day.

“So…oppa, are you free after school? How’s about we go out together?” Hana and her sweet smiles. Never dies.

“Urrmm. Why not? I have nothing to do.”

“That’s great.”

Suddenly become silent again. Or, you can say it’s awkward actually.

Other boys just blinks their eyes and watch in silently the romantic scene between unicorn Lay and angelic Hana. Kris’s still chewing his unfinished food. Ignore them. He always acts cold to people especially girls. It’s doesn’t mean he hate Hana but he just feel uncomfortable around \her.

“Lay oppa~~~”

Kris chocked with his food.

Lay straighten his body and suddenly alert about something. The feeling so different compared when Hana called him. He feels scary.

*Not now* Lay bit his bottom lip and pray.

Hana lifted her body back and seeing a chubby girl was running to their table. She wrinkles her brow and thinking if she was knew about this girl.

The boys can smell problem will up soon.

“I’m glad because no need to pay to watch this…” said Tao, and right time get elbow from Xiumin. The older one make face to ask the maknae to shut up his mouth.

Tao pouts in time.

Hana still in confused face but no one try to explain to her.

“Oppa!” Hyun Jae jumps beside Lay and grabs his arm. She tries hard to catch up her unstable breath. After a while, she becomes normal again.

“Oppa, Let’s go to eat!”

Lay drop his jaws. “What? You just finished ate few minutes ago…”

“But I want to eat dessert. Something’s sweet. Let’s try chocolate cake with strawberry…or blueberry cheesecake also sound good but I think I wan…”

Hana suddenly clears to gain some attention. Hyun Jae tilted her head and just aware about Hana.

“Oh! Hi there!” said Hyun Jae, smiled and waved her hand to her.

“Err… hi…” Awkwardly, Hana smiled back to her before continue. “Did we were met at somewhere before?”

Hyun Jae was silent and about to think something. At the same time, Hana shoot a death glare towards Lay, kindly need some explanations.

“Nope. I don’t think so.” Said Hyun Jae after thinking, shook her head. “Anywhere, I’m Kim Hyun Jae. Lay oppa’s girlfriend. Nice to meet you!” with wide smile, Hyu Jae held out her hand to shake with Hana’s.

Hana drops her jaws, and her eyes scan Hyun Jae from toe to up. Dumbfounded.

“Lay oppa’s girlfriend?!” Hana half shouts and widen her eyes.

Lay hide his face at Kris’s back.

Ignore Hyun Jae, Hana grabs Lay’s arm and make him face with her.

“Oppa…” Hana bite her lips and like control her unsettled feeling.

“Err… Hana, let’s meet my girlfriend, Hyun Jae.” Said Lay while ducked his head down, still have no strength to meet eyes with his forever crush.

“What?”

Hyun Jae only blinks in confused.

“B-but..since when? I thought we’re best friend…”

“Last week?” Lay in position to ready get any blames from her.

Hana stunned when heard the answer. Slowly, lose her grabbing on Lay’s arms.

“Oo..okay then. I do not know that. However, congratulation oppa. ” Hana’s smile suddenly varnish. Everyone can see disappointed feeling from her face. Slowly, she’s stepped back and bid a painful goodbye. Lay was stood up and in minds to catch her but when seeing Hyun Jae’s blank face, he canceled it. He groaned and slammed against his forehead on the table.

The boys just sighed. What should they do?

Hyun Jae who still hanging on what’s happened, spoke out.” So… are we ready for dessert?”

“YAH!!!” Lay yelled makes Hyun Jae jumped a little. Shocked.

Hyun Jae smiled happily like idiot. She never cares about what’s people think about her. This is her life. This is her freedom. She’s would not be taken back with people said about her. Being overweight is not a sin. She has happy life. She has happy family. Even people going to distant from her because of her appearance, she still can enjoy her life.

Hyun Jae smiled.

She throws her looking over the river. The sun is set. The clear blue sky slowly turns to different color. Day’s going to twilight.

The winds blow her hair. Blow the dandelions flower to the sky too. It is a nice feeling. It’s beautiful scenery. She likes this calm feeling.

She closes her eyes, to enjoy this moment, this feeling and this freedom. After years.

“Urm.. I.. I.. I have something to tell you…”

Huh?

Hyun Jae shocked and quickly opens her eyes and tries to find out the voice. She shifted her body, and seeing someone behind the big tree, holding something.

Her eyes widen. She knows that guy. Same age  with her. Zhang Yixing. Thanks to her strong memory. She remembers that she was bumping with him a few times before. Remembering that, makes her smiled. Like others, Zhang Yixing aka Lay, never looks at her and other words, she’s being ignored.

Lay sighed. It’s already nth time he tries to confess. He was practice his confession in front his friends earlier but those idiots never try to help him except they laughed hard at his stuttering.

Bored with that, he decides to drop by near the river alone. After checking no one else will hear him, he starts to practice again.

“I know I’m look like an idiot right now…but... what should I say?” Lay sighed. He still can’t find the right words.

He doesn’t know to say it in right way. It has been two years. Being close with Lee Hana, make him happy every day. Her smiles never make him sick. Her cute face makes him miss her every minute. That’s girl too nice to him. Having crush on own best friend, it’s not easy to him. Seeing her smiles and laughs with other guys, make him hurt like to die.

“I..” slowly Lay start again. He smiled when thinking about Hana. “I like you since our first time meeting...when we’re bumped each other and you spilled out your juice on my shirt…”

Hyun Jae drops her jaws. He remembers that? That’s our first time… I thought him never…

“Your shining eyes make my heart beats so fast that time. I don’t know why. You’re apologized to me but I can’t say any words that time…”

Hyun Jae nodded in agree. *Yeah…yeah… I bows and apologize to you many times but you just ignore me…*

She sighed and felt so guilty that time.

“You know what… I’m sorry because not responds to you that time. I really want to say something but… I don’t know. I’m really stupid right?”

Hyun Jae shook her head disapproval. *Nah… it’s okay. Nevermind. Well, actually you looks handsome that time.* she tries to hide her giggle. So ert!

“I’m glad that you come and spoke to me again after that…” Lay still continue.

Huh? Hyun Jae blinks in confused. *Did I?*. Then, she remembers about her ask Lay regarding library’s direction after that. She nodded again.

Then, she heard Lay sighed again.

“I’m maybe not a good guy that you’re looking for but I’m promised I will become a guy who always love and protect you…could you be my girlfriend?” Lay closed his eyes and held out the yellow Dandelions that he’s holding before like want to give to someone.

He feels relieved. Thanks God. He had done practice. Now, he ready for his to-be-romantic-confession.

“Okay!”

Huh?

Lay stunned.*Did I heard someone say okay?* He peeks using open one eyes. He can see a figure in front him. A girl.

His heart boom in fast. Shocking and embarrassing.

From toe to up, he scans the owner’s figure. He starts panic when the girl is out from his imagines. From toe, the size become big, big and bigger at the upper.

He couldn’t say anything when she already received his Dandelions. His mouth was about to say something but his mind so blank.

“I accept your confession. “She smiled. “I’m glad you like me after all…because I like you too.” Said Hyun Jae with wide smiles.

*Oh God! Please shoot me now!* Lay fainted.

 

 

 

 

Lay glared to Hyun Jae who enjoys her cakes. He shook his head when remembered about the stupid confession. His planning ruined in a blink. Everything!

If only, he’s not fainted that time maybe he still have chances to fixed everything. But he was late. Because of too shocked, his panic syndrome make him shut his mouth, unable to say any words. Last he checked, this girl, Kim Hyun Jae unexpectedly become his girlfriend.

“Say ahh….” Hyun Jae try to feed sulking Lay.

With reluctantly, Lay opens his mouth and chewing it slowly. Sweet cake becomes so bitter in his mouth.

“Thank you…” suddenly Hyun Jae blurted, while her eyes still on the cakes. “For what?” ask Lay, not interested.

“For liking me…”

Lay’s eyes open wide, somehow he soften because her words. He saw her smiles. Sweet and sincere but make him suddenly feel guilty more. I’m sorry, Jae.

Thank you even though it is just a white lie.

Her smiles somehow look bitter.