Chapter 3

First Snow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This Song is Dedicated For You

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Hey are you okay?” said a little boy worriedly to the crying brunette boy.

“Y-you… wh-who are you?” the crying boy said with shaky voice.

“Don’t worry. The bad guy is gone now. I won’t hurt you…” the boy said while bringing his hands slowly to rub the crying boy’s back, trying to calm him down.

“My name is Hyukjae! What is yours?” the Hyukjae boy said after the brunette has calm down a bit.

“D-donghae…” Donghae said softly, still sobbing a little.

“Aw, what a nice name! Does it mean East Sea?” Hyukjae said and Donghae nodded for the answer.

“W-why… wh-what are you doing here?” Donghae said after a while of silence.

“Well, I just passed by and I saw you crying. Something told me to go and rescue you because that stupid big guy earlier didn’t look so nice.” Hyukjae said, frowning a little then shrug his shoulder.

“Th-thank you…” Donghae whispered softly and look up at Hyukjae. That’s the first time their eyes met and Donghae couldn’t get himself to look away from those single lidded eyes and so does Hyukjae. They stare at each other for long until Hyukjae clear his throat and look away quickly with a burning cheeks and so does Donghae.

“Uh… where do you live at, Hae?” Hyukjae said, trying to get rid of the awkward moment. He stood up and offer his hand for Donghae and Donghae gladly take it.

“Um… it’s quiet far from here I think…” Donghae said shyly, still trying to avoid eye contact.

“Mwo? Then why are you here alone? It’s dangerous to be here alone and it’s almost dark!” Hyukjae scolded Donghae while Donghae just looks at the ground.

“I.. I wanted to find a Christmas present for my appa but I got lost…” Donghae said while pouting his lips.

“Aye… you should’ve bring someone with you! You’re lucky you meet me y’know…” Hyukjae said then he grab Donghae’s hands, startling him.

“What…”

“I’m going to bring you home before dinner time! You don’t want to missed your family Christmas dinner right?” Hyukjae said while smiling at Donghae. Donghae nodded his head and hold Hyukjae’s hand tighter then smile back softly at him.

“Good, kajja! What is your address?” Hyukjae asked. After Donghae has told him, he pulled his hands to the right direction. And just like that they both held hands as they walk together side by side while talking and get know to each other.

“Hyukkie… can I call you Hyukkie??” Donghae asked as he titled his head cutely. Hyukjae, who can’t really stand cuteness well, suddenly squeal and pinched Donghae’s cheeks, again, startling the boy.

“Sorry, you’re just too cute!!” Hyukjae squealed a little again, making Donghae blushed.

”And sure! It sounds cute from your mouth!” Hyukjae grinned widely at Donghae.

“A-anyway… won’t you be late for dinner if you brought me home?” Donghae asked while looking at Hyukjae.

“Naahh. My parents aren’t home though so what’s the point on going home early? And I won’t risk a cutie like you to get into trouble again with bad guys!” Hyukjae said, not knowing the effects of his words to Donghae who is now a blushing mess. However he still feel sorry for Hyukjae.

“I-I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Don’t be. I’m okay with it, after I’ve gotten used to this since I was five.” Hyukjae said, “Brr, it’s starting to get cold. I wonder if the first snow will fall tonight.”

“N-neh… It might be tonight…” Donghae said and shivered a little at the cold breeze hitting his skin.

“Are you cold?” Hyukjae asked, Donghae just nodded and use one hand to rub his arm.

“Aish, pabo ya… why don’t you put on sweater or jacket?” Hyukjae said and he suddenly hug Donghae’s body and bring it closer to him, “”Let’s just stay like this until we reached your home or else you would catch a flu on Christmas day.”

Donghae blushed all shades of red but still stay on Hyukjae’s warm embrace. They continued to talk and later Hyukjae found out that Donghae is actually the same age as him only younger few months, which kind of surprised him because Donghae looks like a little lost kid.

After a few minutes of walk they then stop in front of a two story house. It’s not that big but from the outside you could see how welcoming the house is. That is what called ‘home’ not like his huge mansion-like-house but never feel welcoming or even feel like ‘home’ for once.

As they’re about to bid farewell, they suddenly saw a soft and white piece of snowflakes fall from the sky. They looked above them and saw the snow starting to fall more and more.

“I think you won’t be able to get home in time before the snowstorm….” Donghae said and feeling guilty suddenly.

“Hey don’t feel guilty like that. it’s my choice after all…” Hyukjae said while cupping Donghae’s chubby cheeks.

“Wh-why don’t you stay over at my place?” Donghae offered shyly.

“No, it’s okay. I’m going now. Bye” He said and pat Donghae head but before he could take one step away, Donghae pulled his hands.

“No, stay over at my place. Pwease?” Donghae quickly added his puppy eyes and little pout on his lips that forever make him get whatever he wanted. Hyukjae gulped at that but he couldn’t hold himself any longer as he squeal loudly and squeeze Donghae cheeks.

“Eeepp Hae you’re soooooooo cute!!” Hyukjae grinned widely.

“So will you stay?” Donghae grinned a bit, still showing his puppy eyes.

“Fine. But wouldn’t your parents mind?” Hyukjae asked as he wrapped his hands around Donghae’s nape making Donghae blushed a bit at the affection.

“Nope. They will be glad! Come on in!” Donghae said before leading Hyukjae to his house and they spend their Christmas night together and eventually get closer after that day.

 

 

“…Hae! LEE DONGHAE!!” Sungmin shouted right at Donghae’s ears which cause the latter to jump up in shocked and glare at the snickering Sungmin.

“What the hell is that for!?” Donghae exclaimed while rubbing his ears.

“Well you keep daydreaming when I talk to you. What is wrong with you anyway. You daydream a lot.” Sungmin said as he rolled his eyes at his best friend.

“Nothing. What did you say again?”

“I said it’s getting really cold and we’ll be getting inside in 30 minutes. Aaaaa~ I’m so excited!!! Anyway, since it’s getting colder, can you buy a hot coffee from the vending machine there? It’s not that far from here.” Sungmin said with his pleading puppy eyes. Donghae sighed and nodded. He needed some fresh air anyway, it’s too crowded there and he wonder how famous that Eunhyuk is and how could he not know a single thing about him.

He took his time to walk to the vending machine. Tch, and he said it’s not that far, Donghae rolled his eyes. The vending machine is just beside the restroom, far from where they waited actually which explain why it’s quiet and there’s not many pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter