Shopping district, creep and...

Mino ya Minho

Min
Jonghyun send me a message that the preparations are done and I need to bring Jung to my car without her knowing about the date.
Jung and I are walking down to my car in the garage and she gets in, while I put a bag, with stuff that can come in handy during their date, in the baggage compartment wasting some time till Jonghyun arrives. When he arrives I give him my car keys which he takes happily. “Good luck,” I beam and he also gets inside the car.
“Hey Yu Seol, let’s go on a date,” he says while grinning from ear to ear and starts the engine.  Jung turns around and mouthes “ You “ while raising a finger to which I reply by waving my hand and mouthing  “Have fun “. I walk inside when the car passes around the corner. I hope she has fun.

Since Jung is gone with Jonghyun I decided to go out.

I walk around one of the shopping districts in Seoul, hunting down my favorite stores. It’s still quite early and therefore I only see a handful of people on the streets. On my left, while walking, I see a cute store with a big window. I stop midway to take a look. It has all kinds of unique and cute accessories for girls. Maybe I can find something for myself and Jung. Just when I want to enter I sense someone watching from the right. I turn around reflexively and see a man with a long black jacket positioning against a lamppost across the small street. Not sensing any danger I go into the shop.

I get out of the store after watching all the stuff for a good half hour. Remembering the man I look at that place, but he’s nowhere to be seen. I continue walking down the street while putting in my earphones to listen to some songs. For some reason I keep on hearing Shinee songs one after another. Annoyed I take out my phone to create a playlist Shinee free. Again from the corner of my eyes I see someone watching me. Instead of looking directly I look at the window close to me and see the reflection of the other side. It’s the same man this time acting like he’s examining some products while taking glances towards my side. A sudden rush of panic kicks in realizing he might be following me. Just to test this out I begin to walk, but on a faster pace. He puts back the products and begins to move forward as well. ! This man is really after me. What does he want?!

I sigh inwardly. This is what happens when you go out alone in the morning…

While walking towards a more crowded place I think back about the man’s appearance. He was totally in black like in movies. He also has sunglasses on, while it’s not even spring yet…

Could he be from the mafia? Jung recently showed me an article about an organ mafia group being active. I shake my head trying to push out the thoughts. There’s no way this kind of thing can happen in clear daylight. The man still has no attempts to close in the distance. Maybe he is waiting for me to go into a quieter street.

Luckily when I turn around the corner I see a big shopping centre where a lot of people enter. This is my chance to let him lose track of me!

I speed up more and disappear in one of the stores and quickly pass through the racks to another store. While zigzagging through the various stores I glance behind me. I can’t see him anywhere anymore. My heart regains his current pace and I slow down. While passing through a clothing store a sweater catches my attention. Since I’m here it couldn’t hurt trying it.

 

Yu Seol

Meanwhile in the car:
“Are Min and you working together now?”  “Kind of, ” he says while looking at me for a couple of seconds and concentrates back on the road. ‘’It’s going to take a while to reach the place we’re heading to, so make yourself comfortable.” He winks. “Where are we headed then? I ask curiously. “You’ll see when we’re there. I’m sure you’ll like it. The time flies away on the way to our destination, chatting about random things and our preferences. We finally arrive at our destination and it looks just beautiful. There is a lake surrounded by nature and open places. It’s perfect to have a picnic. He gets the stuff out of the car and places a piece of cloth to sit down onto. In his other hand he has a basket full of food.
“Come let’s eat, or we’ll miss the surprise.” He waves to me to sit down.
I sit down and he places all kind of foods before me and gestures for me to start eating. I grab one of the dishes and start with eating while he watches me. “Eat, you’re making me uncomfortable while staring.” I say and he looks away embarrassed.
He grabs one of the dishes and dips it in some sauce and puts it before my lips while saying “Open your mouth.” When I don’t listen to his request he pouts and tries again this time succeeding. A little bit of sauce stuck at the corner of my lips, but before I can wipe it away he grabs my hand and with his other hand wipes it away himself. He brings his finger with the sauce to his lips and it clean and giving me a wink, making me blush.

 

Min

Thinking that I’ve escaped the danger, I keep on roaming in other stores for clothes. The previous sweater looked good on me. It was an investment worth every cent!
Instead of taking the stairs I decide to take the elevator in the back. While waiting I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder. I shriek inwardly and turn around immediately. When I see it’s the creep from this morning I plaster a cold expression on my face to show that I’m not intimated at all even though I can hear my heart pounding in my ears. Just when I think I’ve everything under control my voice gives me away.

‘What is it?’ I stutter slightly.

The guy takes his sunglasses, finally, off. He doesn’t show any sign of emotion at all and his eyes look passively. ‘My boss wants to see you…’

When I hear the first part of his sentence, my mind comes back with full force about all kinds of worst-case scenarios within a split second. So… I was right?! A mafia boss sees me fit as his woman or… as a drug deliverer. Which one do I find worse actually?

Maybe they’re going for my organs after a trough research on my background! With the help of internet and social media you can even tell a girl’s cup size.

What if they like my face and want to sell my body?!   

While going through a mental breakdown in front of a possible dangerous stranger I keep my face composed. What kind of response does he expect from me actually? Yeah, sure I’ll come with you, show me where your car is?...Hell no!

‘Min?’ Taemin comes out of the elevator that I was waiting for and looks at me questioningly, seeing my nervous glances. Then he begins to examine the creepy guy. I can’t even tell in a thousand words how happy I’m that we run in to each other coincidentally like this.

Before I can scoop towards Taemin’s side and brush the creep off, someone breaks the silence.

‘Did you find her yet?’ A middle aged woman, also with sunglasses approaches us. When she notices us two next to the creep she takes off her sunglasses and examines me. And who is this woman?

The creepy guy turns towards the woman and bows a 90 degree. ‘Yes ma’am, she is here’, he indicates with towards me and then I understand that this woman is his boss and is the one that is searching for me. ‘Oh! Long time no see!’ Taemin bows out of respect slightly and shows a gentle smile. However I keep glancing at Taemin and the woman wondering who she might be.