And now for good

Mino ya Minho

Min

Quietly I follow Minho’s mother. Yes, that’s true the one who was looking for me is Minho’s mother. We came to the hotel where she stays.

‘This is my room’, Minho’s mother says and looks in her bag for the card. I glance at the door and the numbers catch my attention. Never in my life will I forget these numbers…506. The same numbers in the message Minho got. I stand frozen on my place staring at the door blankly.

‘Come on in’, his mother looks at me questioningly and I enter the room without saying anything.

‘Take a seat. Would you like some coffee?’ She says after taking off her coat.

‘Yes,please’, I say and take place on a soft dark blue bank and leave my jacket next to me.

When she comes back with two cups of coffee, she sits across me on a broad white chair, keeping her cup between her slender hands. Her soft features resemble Minho. He has the same big eyes as his mother.

Nervously I touch my hair, but put my hand back on my lap again to hide that feeling. Instead I reach out to my cup and take a sip while letting the fragrance distract me from the situation I’m in right now.

‘Sorry for letting you come with me, while you don’t even know me that well’, his mother says and her lips spread slightly. I nod, but don’t say anything. I’m still not very sure how to handle this.

‘But I know you quiet well’, she says after a second of silence. She notices my surprised expression and lets out a gentle and soft laugh. ‘Don’t worry. I meant it in a good way. Minho told me about a girl he likes very much and after a bit of research I found out it’s you.’

A little bit of research? What kind of connections does she have?

‘You see, for a while he has been very upset and I figured it wasn’t going so well between you two.’

I keep my face composed, but I still don’t understand what she is trying to do.

‘So, to forget you I wanted him to date another girl’, she continues while smiling. I remember Na Eun dining with Minho that day, when I went out with Ki Kwang.

Unconsciously I bite my lip trying to think on how to react.

‘Yes we’ve had tough times, but we’re trying to recover’, even I myself get surprised by my own words. Are we really trying to make it alright? Or was I still running away from him?

Did I perhaps find myself in a drama? Will she now order me to stay away from him, because we aren’t suited for each other?

While these thoughts run through my mind and I try to grasp the most realistic one, she dissolves all of them. ‘That’s great to hear! How about the three of us go for a diner one of these days?’ She looks at me delighted and I breath out all the stress that built up in me the last 5 minutes. Before I can respond the door opens and Minho appears in the living room.

He looks at me and then to his mother in surprise. ‘Mom, what are you doing?’

He is breathing heavily. Apparently Taemin notified Minho that his mother took me with her. ‘I’m trying to help you. You didn’t want to be together with Na Eun, so I decided to make it up between you two. You’ve been so sad the last few months…’

Minho’s face gets red and he rolls his eyes. ‘You don’t need to worry. I’ll handle this from now on.’ He winks at his mother and when our eyes meet he reaches out towards me and lifts me up from the bank. I let out a shriek. ‘What are you doing? Let me go!’

His mother giggles and hands him my stuff. Should I be surprised at Minho’s behavior or his mother’s?

My face is definitely as red as those roses in the vase on the dining table. While I struggle to free myself he holds me firmly and takes me out the hotel room. ‘It’s time to make up… for good.’

 

Yu Seol

The sky darkens and the stars are getting visible. Jonghyun puts away the basket and grabs a sweater from the car and puts it around me. ‘There is something I want to show you. Not many people know this place and once in a while there happens something special here,’ he grins.
He sits down next to me and turns me around to face him. He grabs the zipper and pulls it all the way up and lies down next to me. ‘Come here,’ he says while opening his arm to lay down for me. I hesitate, but it makes him only more impatient so he grabs my arm and pulls me down on his arm. It’s now completely dark and there are uncountable stars in the sky. It’s like a fantasy.
He clears his throat and begins to sing for me,

May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
and above all may silence make you strong
If you be my star
I’ll be your sky  ….


He turns his head to my side and gives me a gentle smile and pecks my hair and turns back to gaze at the sky. We stay like that for quite a while when he gets and tells me it’s time to go. I look at my watch and its past midnight.
We gather all our stuff and put it away in the car. When we’re done both of us take place in our seat and Jonghyun tries to start the engine. The engine does make the starting sound but won’t start at all. He tries it a couple of times but that also fails. He then gets out of the car and opens the chassis, turning and pulling on some things and walks back to the car to try to start it again but this time the engine doesn’t make the starting sound. ‘You just wrecked the car completely,’ I say in disbelief. ‘How are we going back now?’ I get stressed. ‘Don’t worry we have our phones with us, if we contact Minho he will help us.’ He grabs his phone and dials Minho’s number, but the phone doesn’t connect, when he looks at his screen he sees that there’s no reach. ‘My phone doesn’t work how about yours?’ I quickly grab my phone and try to call min, but my phone doesn’t work either. We’re in a deserted place with no one, a broken car and useless phones. I begin to panic. ‘What’re we going to do? They will find us, won’t they?’