L's POV (Point of View)

What meets the eye

I couldn't find her in the concert amidst all the screeching fans so I left for the afterparty in hopes of finding her there. I grew worried because she seemed pretty upset in the last phone call we had. She could be capable of doing anything when she was angry. Hailing a taxi, I sank into the worn leather of the seats. Staring out of the window, bright city lights flickered past, all contributing to light pollution.

The sky was clear except for the ocassional stars sprakling. She said to me,"What is your dream?". to which I had found myself unable to answer.It was a good question really, but it hadn't crossed my mind. I asked her," What's yours?". to which she replied," They are far away like the stars, out of my reach. When I grow taller(and older) I'll be able to reach them right?". I smiled, not realised what she meant at that time.

"We're here. The fee for this journey is fifty dollars."

I handed the taxi driver a crisp fifty dollar note before stepping out onto the hard tarmac where a cool breeze crept up my pants. Fumbling in my pockets for the invitation, I breathed a sigh of relief and made my way to the written address.

"Um.. sorry... Do you know where the INFINITE after party is?," I showed the receptionist my crumpled up invitation. She got up from her seat and led me through brightly lit corridors.

"You know, you're really good looking," she gushed," you could totally be an idol." I found the classical wall paintings somehow fascinating as her voice faded into the background noises. Finally we stopped in front of two large doors with handles shining-it seemed as if they had been polished endlessly until there was not a speck of dust. I thanked the receptionist as she ran away.

"Hick* Where are you L ?*Sniff*"

Turning around 360s degress, I located her voice. She was slumped on a chair outside the girl's bathrooms. Several ladies entered and exited the bathrooms, casting looks of disapproval in her direction but had a full on face spazz when they saw me (They started fluttered their eyelashes rapidly, pouted their lips, stuckl up their chests- It was a horrific sight)

I glared at them, sending them in a heat of frenzied whispers.

"He's sooo hot but he's so scary"

Ignoring their hushed voices, I reacher her and called out softly 'Hey, it's me L. I've got to get you home now". She looked at me throught her half drooped eyelids, her eyes red and strained from tears.

"Is that really you, L?"

I carried her gently outside. She began to hit me, murmuring," Why did you come? *sniff* I thought you were with Candice *hick*." I said nothing, letting the roar of night traffic fill the silence.

Waving down a taxi, I felt a buzz from the inside of her bag that had no straps and resembled an envelope-an envelope bag? What was with her and her confusing fashion pieces? Opening it, I found her phone ringing.

L is so y AHAHHAHAHAHHA

I was so surprised that she hadn't changed her ringtone yet. The incoming call was from SungJong. I accepted the call and listened.

"Hey, where are you at the moment? We're about to leave now."

"Hey Sung Jong, this is L. I'm taking her home now."

A strange tension filled the staticky silence.

"Oh. I see. Well, take care and have a good night."

"Congratulations on your win by the way. Good night to you too."

BEEP

Sung Jong had disconnected.

Glanicng at her sleeping form, I smiled inwardly. She seemed so invincible so strong yet she was just like everyone else, prone to the emotions of the human mind and heart. I once made a promise with myself that I'd protect her no matter what and it was about time I learned to keep that promise.