Chapter 11- Memories

What meets the eye

The wholesome aroma of butter wafted under my nose, luring me to the kitchen where I found L king the leftover cake mix from a spoon.

DING

L brough the cake out, setting it aside on a rack to cool down. He started mixing various food dyes, wiping his hand on his forehead occassionally, creating fine flourly streaks on his face. I smiled as I watched him set about the bowls to decorate.

"Can you find something like a broom or something to clean this mess up while I finish the cake off?" asked L.

"Mmk," I answered as I set about, exploring the hidden depths of INFINITE's dorm. Wandering bac wiht a dustpan in my hand, I stopped dead in my tracks.

The cake L had made and decorated was so beautiful it hurt. My vision blurred as images from my childhood sprang up.

I envied him, L. His parents brought him a cake to share with the rest of the class. His parents remembered his birthdayt and took the time to bring the cake whereas mine... I doubt they even knew of my existence. They were reminded every now and then when they saw me standing at the doorway quietly observing them playing with my little brother.

I hadn't talked to L before. I was new, moving schools due to the reason so my dad could be nearer to his workplace, thus providing convenience for him, my mum and my brother. I hated moving. I left everyone I had met even though I wa s just a kid and kids are supposed to grow accustomed to any change, so it seems.

So i was really surprised when L: gave me the first slice of his cake. That moment I treasured forever. That was when I first came to like him.

I wiped the last of my tears, feeling foolish for crying in front of l. He patted my head and murmred "It's alright now, let's go clean up everything before they come back, alright?".

I nodded, keeping my head down, unable to look up.