Clouds

Raindrops

Zitao cringed as another droplet landed too close to his eye. Though he loved the innocence of spring showers, and the beauty they brought along with them, he couldn't help but feel as though the memories of his beloved would always haunt him. Like the days filled with the kind of clear-skied showers where the sun would peak out from an almost cloudless sky as if it was mocking him and his lover as they ran for cover. Or the days where the pressure of the drops was just too much and they would stay inside drinking hot cocoa watching classically terrible movies. And even worse there are the memories that are branded into his mind with a white-hot iron prong like his worst day of existence where the always present rain took the life of his soul-mate. And though those ones are always there, there are the days like today. The days Zitao walks through the empty park with a leash loosely clasped in his left hand, umbrella clenched in the other with nothing on his mind but the priceless images of their wedding day. The days he cant help but reflect back on how gorgeous his Kris looked. How his hair fell just above his ears on the sides and landed just along the tips of his eyelashes. He spends hours smiling at the way Kris let his nerves show, dropping the ring in an out of character fumble. How Kris refused to allow the tears to escape and the way they made his eyes shine in that way Tao likes. Or how Kris had his ring engraved with "Taozi" because Zitao had always been his "little peach."

All of those memories come rushing back on days like today. Days where Zitao is grateful for the time spent with his Kris. He's thankful that when everyone else let him drown, Kris was the cloud he needed to stay afloat.