So I'm now insane?

Mad Paradise(Unofficial title)

Author's Note: 

Hey guys! New update! Okay first of all the information that is going to be given after this messages are entirely my imagination except for some informations that could be found on the Internet. That's all guys, enjoy! ^^

PS. I have a certain date stuck in my head so forgive me if I travel through time. XD

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

15 years ago in a secluded part of  Gwangju, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. There stood, uphill in the middle of nowhere, a large white building with clear blue glass windows is a well known Hospital for mentally ill citizens of Gyeonggi-do. With over 30 thousand patients living in this hospital, those that have long since lost their sanity to whatever reason there may be, 27 working staffs and 1 founder. Gonjiam Mental Hospital is very well known to have such high skills of treatment, even those citizens from other province came to this Hospital when other Hospitals are unable to treat patients at all. Although Gonjiam is best for curing their patients, they had a dark dark secret. Half of those remaining years, things started to get a little peculiar. One by one, those patients started to die mysteriously. No particular reasons or logical explanations are said as to why patients are dying in this Hospital. However, there is a rumor that one of the staffs working there have gone completely bonkers and started to experiment on some patients in the most unthibkable and gruesome ways to torture a human being. Where the bodies end up? Rumors said that the doctor had those bodies buried in the back of the hospital, in the sewer on the first day of the 7th months in which Chinese believed that the first day of the 7th month is the opening of the gates to Hell. The rest of the patients died mysteriously and the staff workers fled immediately after a few weeks of those deaths happened, all but one...

 

20 April 2013

 

The thunder roared, lightning struck, trees swaying violently as the rain drops fall down heavily onto the surface of the earth. It was approximately 12:00 AM, a 19 year-old boy named Kim Jong In or better yet known as Kai, was sitting in front of his desk with his laptop switched on. The door to his room is locked, the lights off, curtains closed and the only source of light was from the laptop screen. Kai was reading his favourite horror story that his friend shared with him recently at school today. It is a fanfiction of course and it was about how a boy ventured into an abandoned asylum in a dare that he made with his friends. The boy sweared that he will come back alive with proof that he got into the asylum unharmed but the following days he never showed up. And after a week later, they found him dead in the sewer near the asylum all twisted and drained of blood, his brain missing, eyes gauged out and tongue cut off and other horrible things. They had also found the boy wearing a lab coat which he had taken with him as proof but no one knew why he had the lab coat on. The next few weeks, 7 weeks to be exact, the boy's friends started to die one by one and their bodies were found in that same sewer. Many believed that it was a curse, that the asylum held black magic or was filled with a lot of vengeful ghosts with unfinished business and so the asylum was out of bounce to all citizens.

 

After reading this, Kai instantly got goosebumps and jumped slightly when the thunder roared. He sighed and closed up the site, switching off his laptop and went to bed. Tomorrow, Kai is going to beat the crap out of his friend if he ever was dared to do such thing... But who knows... Life is unpredictable.

 

1:30 AM

 

Kai woke up to the sound of a glass being shattered. He sat up and looked around his dimly lit room and rubbed his sleepy eyes. 'It was probably that old cat again....' he thought as he laid back down and tried to get back to sleep but he heard the tap water being and he sat up again, remembering what he had read in the story;

The boy heard the tap water running in his bathroom, being curious, he got out of bed and made his way quickly to the bathroom and turned off the tap. Then he looked up to see the mirror all fogged up, he wiped it off with his hands and his eyes widen. Behind him was a boy about his age, covered in algea and sewer dumps, even smelled like sewer. The next thing the boy knew it, he felt arms wrapping around his waist but he was frozen in place as his breathing caught on his throat and then...

 

SNAP!

 

The boy's spine was broken into two by the hard steel grip of that monster.

 

Kai blinked and shudder, "Definitely not going there..." he murmured and flop back on his bed and pulled up the covers over his head and wait for whoever that is awake to turn it off but 20 minutes later, the water is still running. With a whimper, Kai reluctantly left his comfy bed and wrapped his blanket around himself like a poncho and made sure that he coulding see his left and right and ahead of him. He stared at the floor as he made his way out of his room and to the bathroom. The floor creaked under his foot as he made his way quickly to the bathroom then he turned off the tap of the sink. 'Holy crap... what if it's true?' he thought to himself as he peeked from side to side and relaxed a bit. 'Okay now sewer ghost here...' he thought to himself again and looked up at the mirror; normal. 'Peh...that story was just a joke, I can't believe I was scared for nothing.' he thought with a scoff.

He was about to turn around when a pair of arms suddenly held him in place and a cloth was placed on his nose and mouth, muffling his screams and cries for help. After a few minutes, Kai collapsed on the floor, slipping into unconsciousness. He looked up to see a black shadow hovering over him before blacking out.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

When he opened his eyes, all he see is four bright white walls around him. His head was spinning and he felt so sick that he want to throw up but he didn't. He tried to get up but he couldn't easily, that's when he realized he was bind, he is wearing a straitjacket that kept his arms from moving and only his legs were free to move. He used his shoulder to pushed himself up and looked around the white room. 'Is this heaven?' he asked but he couldn't bring the words out of his mouth nor could he open them. 'Am I dead?' he wondered in his head as he pressed his back up against the wall and lifted himself up. He felt the ground moving a little... No... it was just himself, he stumbled a little and regained balance. Observing the new place around him, he realized there isn't any windows and the only one is at the top left corner that had a small ventilation fan inside it. He looked around some more and stumbled a bit as he tried to walk but without his hands he couldn't walk properly. There was a small bed fit for one person and surely not a tall person like him, a door with a very small window on the top centerwhich he stumbled towards it as quickly as he can but ended up smacking right into the cold wall... Not wall, but the floor. It was cold... Everything was cold... 

 

"I want to go home..."

 

He sobbed pathetically as tears streamed down his face, feeling his heartache as he thought about his family and his friends. How he shouldn't have been too cruel nor too rebellious and he regretted those days. He gave out loud sobs, bitter tears and regrets. Then he heard the door open and he looked up, tears still streaming down his wet red cheeks. A few people came in and they were wearing white as well, one looked as if he is the doctor; brown cropped hair, eyes hidden behind the glasses and his mouth covered by a white mask they use in the hospital. The others were just wearing simple similar uniforms; nurses. "Oh my..." said the doctor and immediately the two nurses went over and helped him up. He stood up looking confused and lost as a puppy as he was dragged to the bed and was made to sit down. The doctor approached him, "Mr... Kim Jong In.... Kai am I right?" he said in a deep muffled voice. Kai nods slightly, unable to find his voice at the moment. "You must be wondering why you are put here yes?" the doctor questioned and again Kai nods. What's going on? What is this place? What am I doing here? Why am I binded?

"Let me introduce myself first... I'm Professor Choi. And you are in Gonjiam Psychiartic Hospital." the doctor said. Kai stared at him in shocked. "Now now Mr Kim, let me explain." Professor Choi said calmly too calm for Kai's liking. "Your parents sent you here to us. They believed that you might have some kind of mental illness." he continued. "Hence, now.. Your here." 

 

"W-wha..... How..... When....... I.... I don't ge...." Kai tried to speak, his voice hoarse from the lack of using them. He opened his mouth but shut them once again as he stared at the Professor, giving him a cold glare but the Professor didn't cringe or move away, he just simply.. stood there. 

"Like I've told you Mr-" Professor Choi started but Kai cut him off after finding his voice again, "So now your telling me I'm insane? That I killed someone? That I.... Went out on the streets and dance with my underwear? Or that because my life is so ed up I became suicidal?" he spat coldly. The Professor cringe that the word, "Please do not swear Mr Kim... It's inappropriate." he said. 

"I say what I want to say! So your telling me that my parents send me here for help because I'm mad?" Kai raised his voice slightly. "Have you an other reasons as to why you are here then?" questioned the Professor. "I tell you what happened.... Last night I was sleeping when I woke up to the sound of the tap water in the bathroom running. I thought it could be my sister had forgotten to turn it off but a few minutes no one came and turned it off so I did but after that some black figure came and knocked me out with some kind of drug they put into a cloth and I woke up again and here I am." Kai said, really pissed at the Professor's calmness that is really digging into his skin. "So your claiming that you were kidnap is that correct?" he asked. " yeah I am." Kai said in a 'as-a-matter-of-fact' tone like the Professor didn't know any better. "But it says here you were sent.." "Yeah sent by the kidnappers!" "There is no kidnappers." The professor said firmly.

"Yes there is!" Kai protested. 

"Have you seen them?" the professor narrowed his eyes. Kai for a moment froze, thinking back but his memories are so blurry which cause him to stutter in his next sentence. "N-no..... I.... I caught a glimpse of it... But..." "So you have no prove." said the professor with a hint of victory in his mused tone. "I have prove is just that..." Kai started but he couldn't continue, his mind is blank and he was so confused. "I suggest you take a rest Mr Kim... Your dinner will be served in about an hour or so and then you'll have your first therapy tomorrow so please be in bed early." concluded the Professor and with that done he left with the nurses tailing behind him and the door is closed. 

"I have proof..... I have...." Kai murmured and curled up into a ball on the bed and buried his face on his knees.

"I'm not mad.... I'm telling the truth... I'm not mad..."

 

That's what they all say...

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author's Note:

Damn.... I don't think this is the best I've put up. >_<

Mianhaeyo! I'll promise I'll write longer and more interesting Chapters. EPIC.... FAIL.