The Sky

Why Should I Love You?

Life is never fair.  People are not really the same.  We are never fair.  We all have our similarities, differences, etc.  Love is never fair, either.  But unless you try and change it, it could make a difference.  Only, it will lead you to a different kind of love.  Would you like that instead? Hmm...  I would.  Since I have been in this kind of problem before.  I am already 35 years old, living with my husband, with one child.  That time is still stuck in my head, like a permanent tatoo, stuck on your skin forever.  Ah, I remember it so clearly.  That time when I was in high school, 16 years old, December 16.  It was when my parents died of a car accident.  You know, being the only child is hard because what if your parents died and you have no one to turn to ? Well this happened to me, too.  So that one night, I went home to our apartment to just lay down and cry.  Nothing comforted me but a picture of my parents, smiling on my entrance ceremony with the fifteen year old me standing right in the middle of them.  I looked at it with sadness and turned to watch the red, night sky.

 

People say that when the night sky is red, it meant that an incident happened and red represented blood.  I don't believe in those 'till what happened that day.  Coincedence? Was this to happen? I don't know.  Then that's when the next day followed.  School begun a new term after a long, Winter break.  But the thing is, it never felt the same way anymore.  I mean, normally after I would wake up, my parents would be in all smiles and greet "Good morning, deary! or Good morning, my little girl!" in there pajamas.  It was cute...  Now that they're not here, it's not that much lively anymore.  Oh how I missed them that day.  I would cry as I make breakfast.  It felt really weird to lose someone you really love.  Now I know how it feels like.  As I finished my breakfast, I putted on my shoes and fixed my backpack.  I didn't have time to even clean up the counter mess when my door bell suddenly rung.  I froze for a minute and then I heard a voice spoke.  It was a girl.  I slowly went to check who it was on the peep hole.  It is a girl alright but she is not one of my friends who always picked me up to go to school.  However, she is wearing the same uniform as I do.  I opened the door, then.  The girl had a black/brown-ish long and wavy hair.  I've seen them a lot but this one is very different.  Because this girl...  "Hi, my name is Luna and I will be your new neighbor!" the girl said.  Yeah, now I see...  Her hair shines with darkness like the moon with no color.  I nodded nervously.   "Oh um, my name is..." I hesitated.  My name? What is my name? Come to think of it, my parents never gave me one.  Why? I cleared my throat and disguised myself a name.  This girl needs to hear it.  "U-Uhmm, Min...  Name's Min," I said and nodded.  "Pleased to meet you, Luna.  What brings you to my home?" I asked.  Luna took my hand and dragged me outside.  The next thing I knew was that we were in a different place.

 

I looked around the scenery.  There were hills in the view with the sun setting in the middle of the plains.  The mountains stood gloriously and proudly behind the greenery.  No words can explain how breathtaking the scenery was for me.  It could be the word  "fascinating", "beautiful", or "extraordinary".  I was just breathless at the moment.  When I turned around to look what's behind, Luna covered my eyes.  I saw darkness...  Endless of it.  I gritted my teeth and slapped her hand away.  Luna was taken aback and nodded.  "You can see them then.  I thought you can't...  You're no-" she hesitated and shook her head.  "You'll find out.  Well I have to go then...  We'll be seeing you tomorrow." Luna said and smiled.  Then that's when the scenery became blurry and hazy.  Or was it just my vision? Either way, the last thing I saw before my eyes closed in their will was Luna with other people.  Who are they? Are they...? No, that can't be...  I don't know anymore...  Because the next thing I knew it, I was back at my real world, lying down on the grass, facing the red sunset sky.  Blood again tonight? I smirked and got up.  Yeah right...  It's not as if it's real.  Probably my parents' death was just an incident that was meant to happen in a surprise way.  I laughed silently and walked back towards my apartment building.  As I walked down the street lane, that's when the incident happened to me.  Someone suddenly appeared behind me and knocked me out conscious.  I fell down with a hard thud down the ground.  The next thing I knew, there appeared three more guys, holding knives as they come closer to me.  I was about to scream for help but the man's hand who knocked me out of conscious held my mouth tightly.  I struggled and struggled until I was exhausted.  The knife hit my neck with a flash.  I fell after that and blood was everywhere.  I...  was left to die until...