Trip On Love

Trip On Love

 

It's amazing the things bored little Slytherins can get up to when confined to the common room because of a silly little accidental explosion in the Potion's class.  Accidental being the word they're sticking with despite most of them knowing how on purpose it had been.  The chance to see almost a dozen Hufflepuffs shrink to half their size and run around in panic, however, was worth it.  
 
"Well played," Sehun says with a rare smile, poking Jongin in the side with his wand.  
 
Jongin bats it away and smirks.  "I know.  Told you I could do it."
 
"So who's next?" Jongdae inquires, too busy inspecting his nails to look up at the others in their small group.  As a way to keep from being eaten alive by boredom, they've been steadily playing a game of truth-or-dare as the year goes by.  So far it's been mostly dares (save that one awful truth when Sehun confessed his love for Jongin and they began making out for everyone to see) and the stakes are rising with each one.  This last dare carried out by Jongin they'd barely gotten away with.  
 
"Chanyeol," Jongin says, leaning back onto his boyfriend's lap as Sehun pets him.  It's stupidly sweet and very un-Slytherin of them.  "Truth or dare?"
 
"Dare," the tallest of the group says offhandedly.  As if he would choose anything else.  There's a deceptive silence as Jongin eyes his friend up and down, Chanyeol paying little mind.  None of them have failed yet and he doesn't plan to be the first one to do so.  He'd never live it down.
 
"You're familiar with Luhan, yes?"
 
The very name riles Chanyeol up and he narrows his eyes and clenches his jaw.  "That little imp is a pain in my ," he seethes.  On more than one occasion, the rather small Head Boy has seen fit to dock points from Slytherin because of Chanyeol's actions.  It never occurred to Chanyeol that it's his fault.  Oh no.  It's Luhan and his stupid badge that rests on the front of his robes and the way his lips thin when he eyes the tall boy up and down.  Just because he's a seventh year and Head Boy doesn't give him the right to be a prat.  "What I wouldn't give to knock him down off that pedestal," he ends with a growl.  Chanyeol may only be a fifth year, but he's a full head at least over most of the students and he doesn't seem to stop growing.  Maybe he can use that to his advantage next time Luhan graces his path.
 
"I dare you to give him a love potion."  Jongin's eyes are sparkling and Jongdae's attention has finally been wrested from his immaculate nails.  
 
"You want me to get close to him?" Chanyeol hisses.  "He would follow me around all day!  I'd never be rid of him!"
 
"But think of the points he could award Slytherin," Sehun tosses in with a smirk.  "Even more than we've had taken away over the last 5 years."
 
"Not to mention the humiliation.  He could be your pet."
 
Now that's something to think about and Chanyeol sits back to deliberate.  He can accept the dare and be subjected to Luhan's presence for a while (taking one for the team, really) or reject it and lose the game.  And Chanyeol is not a loser.  He sighs and runs a hand through his unruly hair.  "Fine, but one of you has to smuggle in one of those Weasley potions."
 
"Done.  I have a stash in my room," Jongdae mentions and they all turn to him.  "I enjoy causing a little chaos outside the game."
 
 
 
 
It's an easy enough task spotting Luhan in the Great Hall the following morning and Chanyeol fingers the small container in his robes.  The original bottle had been an obnoxious shade of pink and he took it upon himself to put it something a little less obvious.  The clear vial holds the love potion and Chanyeol waits semi-patiently for an opening.  Jongin and Sehun are a little busy with their hands under the table doing Merlin knows what, but Jongdae is helping him keep a look out.
 
"Oh, he's getting up with his dri - damn, Joonmyun's with him."
 
Chanyeol sees the pair walking and this is the best chance he's going to get because Luhan is always surrounded.  Being Head Boy entails a certain amount of popularity with the students who enjoy up.  "Run interference," he commands and Jongdae nods before they both stand and head to the duo walking between the long tables.  
 
"Good morning, gorgeous," Jongdae drawls as he openly eyes Joonmyun from head to toe.  The boy stops and blushes and Chanyeol nearly forgets his mission until Luhan comes into view.  Now comes the fun part.  Jongdae's leg comes out enough to make it look as if Chanyeol's tripping over it.  It's believable seeing as he's usually bumbling around all over the place anyway.  Chanyeol tilts forward enough to grab on to a shocked Luhan and his hand slips out enough to dribble the potion into his goblet of pumpkin juice.  
 
"Oops," he mutters unapologetically, shooting the blond a sneer.  He's really not going to be looking forward to the next few days.  
 
"Watch where you're going, you bumbling oaf," Luhan says through gritted teeth.  There's really no real reason the shorter boy should be that cross with him, but considering he'd gotten into a bit of a quarrel with a Gryffindor the day before, Luhan's still probably miffed.
 
"It's not my fault you stopped growing at twelve and I couldn't see you all the way down there," he snaps back.
 
"Now children," Jongdae chides, gaining both their attention.  "Come on Chanyeol.  Let's leave these two so they can finish their breakfast."
 
Chanyeol lets Jongdae tug him away by his robes, but not before witnessing the sly look that passes between him and Joonmyun.
 
"And now we wait."
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol doesn't really think about it during class, preferring to focus on the more important things.  He may be a prankster, but he does carry an interest in his own future.  Luhan doesn't filter through his mind once until he's walking across the courtyard before lunch instead of filtering into the common room for a brief chance to rest.  His robes have been discarded and left to hang over his arm and his tie is undone along with the top few buttons of his shirt.  It's unseasonably warm and he's pondering taking a nap down by the lake or maybe in the middle of the quidditch pitch to avoid any annoying company.
 
"I've been looking everywhere for you," comes an out of breath voice and Chanyeol turns to find a disheveled Head Boy rushing up to him.  He blinks away the surprise and slows his gait enough for him to catch up.
 
"And what can I do for you today?"  The smirk's back on his face.  A small hand darts out and lands on his arm and he stops.  They turn toward each other and Chanyeol is taken aback at the lack of repulsion on Luhan's face.  His eyes are wide and bright and his lips are parted and wet and his cheeks are flushed a pretty pink.  Chanyeol's never once given thought to these things, yet now it's staring him in the face.  This might be easier than he originally thought.
 
"I know we didn't get off on the right foot what with you being genetically mischievous and all, but I - well, that is to say - I mean - ah bloody hell."
 
Fingers grip his tie and pull him forward and Chanyeol finds himself being kissed.  He's being kissed.  By Luhan.  While he's been kissed before (a few times by Sehun and once by Jongin), this is much different.  There's no butterbeer aftertaste or foggy minds.  And then it's over and Luhan looks even more flushed than before.  Chanyeol grabs the boy and pushes him away roughly before wiping his mouth on his sleeve.  "That was gross."
 
"But I love you," Luhan breathes and the swooping in Chanyeol's stomach is merely a side effect of being taken off guard.  It has nothing to do with how those words ring in his ears.
 
"Prove it," he demands.
 
Luhan's mouth opens and closes several times, a real fish out of water.  "How?' he squeaks.
 
"Use your imagination," Chanyeol goads, stepping forward and bending into the boy's personal space.  Luhan goes red and it's obvious he wants to lean up just that little bit for another kiss.  And Chanyeol walks away, hands in his pockets and a lopsided grin on his face as Luhan follows on his heels like a puppy.  "Please Chanyeol," he begins.  "I'll do anything.  Just tell me what you want."
 
"And what if I want to be left alone?"
 
"I can be quiet.  You won't even know I'm there.  Just let me stay by your side."  
 
Damn this is a good potion.  "I'm a Slytherin, little Luhan.  I don't play well with others.  Especially those who see fit to take points from my house."
 
"I-I can give them back."
 
Chanyeol doesn't respond, but he walks into the Great Hall with his head held high and Luhan still trailing.  Several people take notice and their eyes follow their path from the door to Chanyeol's usual table.  There is a small cluster of Gryffindors sitting too close, unaware of the twin glares Sehun and Jongin are sending in their direction.  Chanyeol suddenly spins on his heel and points at the red and gold clad students.  "Get rid of them for me," he instructs Luhan.  
 
"You heard him!" Luhan commands as he hovers over the Gryffindors.  "This section is reserved for Chan-chan!"
 
The sound of raucous laughter erupts from his friends and Chanyeol glares at all three of them.  It does nothing to quell the little bastards and if anything, their amusement heightens.  His attention is called back to Luhan as the small Head Boy tugs at his sleeve.  "You need to sit and eat," he says gently with that damn bright smile on his face.  Chanyeol swallows and nods mindlessly before sliding in beside Jongdae.
 
"Chan-chan!  How nice of you to join us," Jongdae squawks and Jongin falls off his seat from laughter, clutching his stomach.
 
"Maybe you should feed him, Luhan," Sehun suggests and Chanyeol sends him the most withering glare he can muster.  He's about to tell his friends off, a litany of curses on the tip of his tongue when suddenly his mouth is full of mashed potatoes.  As he chews, Luhan already attempting to shove another bite into his mouth, Chanyeol decides revenge is best served by letting a bludger loose inside their room later.  
 
"5 points to Slytherin for being such a good boy," Luhan purrs.  
 
Chanyeol's eye twitches and Sehun is unsuccessful in covering up his surprised squeak of delight with a cough.  
 
"And 5 points for your y hair."
 
Luhan scoots incredibly close on the bench and Chanyeol attempts to lean back.
 
"5 points for brown puppy eyes."
 
Chanyeol goes to move further away, yet Jongdae stops his progress with hands on his back.
 
"And might as well throw in another 5 points for your perfectly sculpted nose."
 
Luhan slips onto his lap and Chanyeol is floundering because he needs help and his friends are useless.  The support on his back is gone and Chanyeol falls until he's laying on the bench and Luhan is on top of him.
 
"10 points to Slytherin for perfect lips."
 
And Luhan balls his little hands in Chanyeol's hair before kissing him again.  Eager lips press against his over and over and Chanyeol can't escape.  All he knows is his friends are guffawing like idiots and Luhan keeps mumbling '5 points to Slytherin' after every kiss.
 
 
 
 
"My lips are chapped," Chanyeol complains when he finally makes it down to the common room.  He keeps them as they dry out and they burn with every swipe of his tongue and he wishes a thousand different painful deaths on everyone who allowed it to happen.  His hair is a mess and his shirt is wrinkled and Luhan somehow managed to steal his tie along the way.  "I'd rather suffer double Herbology than deal with this," he complains, throwing himself on the sofa.  It doesn't matter that he's landed on top of Sehun because while his pain is fleeting, Chanyeol's is lingering.
 
"Did you notice everyone watching?" Jongdae asked that cat-like leer on his face.  "Luhan's reputation as a good little Head Boy is so out the window."
 
"Along with my dignity," Chanyeol whines.  "This was a terrible dare."
 
"I think it was brilliant," Jongin chips in, flopping on Chanyeol's legs because he's still spread across the couch and on top of Sehun.
 
"How long until it's over?"  He doesn't know if he can take another day of clingy Luhan attempting to guide him into every alcove and corner for a good snogging session.
 
"Depends.  How much of the potion did you give him?"
 
"Uh, a bit?"
 
"That's incredibly unhelpful."
 
While Chanyeol is busy tossing insults back and forth  with Jongdae, Jongin manages to weasel under him and between him and Sehun, they roll Chanyeol off the couch.
 
 
 
 
"What did you do to Luhan!?" comes Joonmyun's screech the moment they step into the Great Hall for breakfast.  Chanyeol is doing his best to hide behind his friends, but he's too tall and it's all too soon when he sees a familiar blond head of hair bounding his way over through the crowd.  "He wrote a sonnet about Chanyeol's ears last night," Joonmyun continued.  "HIS EARS!"
 
"Isn't it obvious?" Jongdae says as he wraps an arm around the boy's shoulders and drags him off.  "He's in looooove."
 
Chanyeol stands frozen and abandoned as Luhan finally flits to his side leans up to kiss him with a giggle.  "I missed you."  A finger trails down the shell of Chanyeol's ear and he jumps back with a yelp.  "We have all day, Chan-chan."
 
A shudder runs down his spine and Chanyeol, for the first time in his life, laments it being a Saturday.  "As nice as that sounds," Chanyeol begins as he tries to pry the boy off him, "I need to study and it will definitely take up all my time today."
 
"I can help," Luhan says softly and his hands are trailing up Chanyeol's chest.  It's sending a rush of heat into his skin and he feels his cheeks turning red.  "We can sit in the corner so no one can disturb us."
 
The way Luhan's eating him with his eyes and how he bites down on his bottom lip has Chanyeol's mind spinning and he very nearly gives in.  Luhan is a tempting little minx when he's not belting out punishments and taking the mickey out of all his pranks.  So maybe this is a bit better than double Herbology, but not by much.  His eyes dart over to the house point hourglasses, Sehun and Jongin tapping against the side of the Slytherin one as if it would cause more emeralds to fall.  With a sigh, he resigns himself to his fate and allows Luhan to drag him over to a table to eat.  
 
For Slytherin.
 
Luhan manages to wriggle himself onto Chanyeol's lap as he feeds him again and the Slytherin just lets it happen.  It's too much effort to keep pushing him away and the pout on Luhan's face the first time he'd tried to distance himself was a little pathetic.  He may enjoy seeing the boy humiliating himself in front of almost the entire student population, but he doesn't consider himself that cruel.
 
On second thought, perhaps a little torment is in order.  Luhan managed to get them kicked out of the library for shrieking at Jessica when she put her hand on Chanyeol's arm as she asked to borrow his Potions notes.  Everyone had stopped to stare as the Head Boy went red in the face and he would have hexed Chanyeol's fellow Slytherin if he hadn't grabbed his arm and stopped his wand from pointing at her.  
 
"10 points from Slytherin and Ravenclaw," the old bat had informed them before they were kicked out.  Chanyeol had to haul Luhan away as he yelled 'and 50 points from you for that horrendous hat!' back at the librarian.
 
Luhan is a spitfire and that's a quality Chanyeol is beginning to admire as he growls at the group of Ravenclaws a little too close to them as they head out of the school.  Luhan has a firm grasp on Chanyeol's arm and he doesn't hate it as much as he thought he would.  The boy is babbling as they walk, expressing his passion for the colors of spring and the way they compliment Chanyeol's complexion.  He even brings up going down to the greenhouses to steal flowers so he can make a wreath for his head.  Chanyeol dodges that narrowly when Luhan ends up distracted because he's kissing him to shut him up.
 
 Chanyeol doesn't hate that either and there's definitely something terribly wrong with that.
 
"Chan-chan," Luhan says sweetly, looking up at him through his long eyelashes.  "I'm so happy I have you."
 
Chanyeol turns and runs away, not stopping until he's safe inside the common room.  His heart is pounding and his stomach is twisting with an unknown emotion.  He thinks it may be guilt because as much as he loathes Luhan, no one really deserves to have their emotions screwed over like this. Slytherin or not, he has a heart and right now it feels funny.
 
 
 
 
The love potion has definitely worn out by morning.  Luhan greets Chanyeol in the Great Hall with a goblet of pumpkin juice thrown in his face and a foot stomping hard on his toes.  "Fifty points from Slytherin for being the world's largest prat," Luhan growls.  There's pure hatred written across his face and Chanyeol finds the familiar sight doesn't lift his spirits.  Instead, his heart moves to live in his stomach and he only frowns as Luhan storms off in a huff.
 
"Only 50, huh?" Jongdae murmurs.  "Still not more than we gained.  Score."
 
Chanyeol figures he should at least feel better about that part, but he doesn't.  He looks over at the Slytherin hourglass and notices how they've crept higher than the others even with the point deduction.  So why does he feel so terrible?
 
There must be something wrong with the food because he doesn't feel better after eating.  Or maybe it was the picture of him and Luhan kissing that was suddenly under his nose that turned his stomach sour.  He leaves the Great Hall and heads out to the Quidditch Pitch for some fresh air to clear his head.   It seems someone else had the same idea, a small figure sitting in the middle of the field.  As Chanyeol nears them, grass rustling against the sides of his shoes, he notices their shoulders shaking and back hunched.  Whoever it is is crying.
 
Their head lifts and hands come up to wipe their eyes and Chanyeol finds himself only feet away from Luhan.  The Head Boy looks up and neither of them say a word.  It's a thick silence, only broken by Luhan's steady sniffling.  Chanyeol doesn't know what to say or do and he stands frozen.  Luhan's eyes are piercing and he resists the urge to flinch when he stands up and takes a step forward.  "I hope you got what you wanted out of that," he hisses.  "Because I never want to see you near me again."
 
The ache in Chanyeol's chest grows when Luhan storms off.  
 
 
 
 
Luhan docks 5 points from both Sehun and Jongin for looking suspicious later that afternoon and they manage to get another 10 taken off when they retaliate by bringing up Chanyeol's name.  
 
Chanyeol ducks into an empty classroom when Luhan rounds the corner, carefully avoiding the elder.  He tells himself it's because he doesn't want more points taken from his house, but he's not entirely fooling himself.  This guilt thing isn't very fun.  He also takes to eating meals in the common room after the others.  Either Sehun or Jongin bring him back a plate and pat him on the head knowingly.  Although what they know is beyond him.  
 
Another week goes by and despite Chanyeol's best efforts of staying out of sight, Slytherin loses almost a hundred more points from the Head Boy alone.  It's ridiculous and he decides it's paramount for him to at least try to make things right.  But how?
 
"You and Joonmyun seem pretty close," Chanyeol casually tosses out and Jongdae looks up from his homework with feigned innocence.
 
"What ever do you mean?  A boy as precious as Joonmyun would never dally with the likes of me."
 
"Cut the crap."
 
"What do you want?"
 
"I need to talk to Luhan."
 
 Jongdae's mouth pulls up into a very feline grin and Chanyeol hates it.  "Oh?"
 
"Don't oh me.  If I can apologize, I think he'll stop being such a hard on the rest of Slytherin."
 
"I'm sure I can manage something."
 
"I'm sure you can."
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol's chance comes the very next evening and he wipes his hands on his pants several times as he waits at the top of the Astronomy Tower.  It's after curfew and he knows the first thing Luhan is going to do is take off points for being out after hours, but he supposes it'll be worth it if it stops all the other deductions.  Hushed voices filter from the stairs and Chanyeol fidgets nervously. 
 
"I honestly don't know what's so important you had to drag me all the way up here in the middle of the -"  Luhan stops talking when he spots the Slytherin and he casts Joonmyun a scathing glare.  "Traitor."
 
"Just talk to him," the other boy commands before leaving them alone.
 
Luhan looks him up and down with an unpleasant look on his face.  Chanyeol remembers when he looked so soft and happy and the way his eyes lit up when he would look in his direction and oh this is not good.  "10 points from Slytherin for being out after curfew," he states, arms crossing over his chest defiantly.
 
"And 20 for Ravenclaw?" Chanyeol snaps back.  
 
"I was tricked!"
 
"For a good cause!"
 
"Any cause that involves you is most certainly not good."  Luhan turns on his heel to leave and Chanyeol darts forward to block his path.
 
"At least let me apologize first."
 
Surprise filters across Luhan's face before it hardens into a scowl again.  "Then go ahead, although I doubt it'll make any difference."
 
"It was a dare - a stupid dare - and I didn't think it through.  I just wanted a little payback for all those times you'd hassled me and my friends over the years.  You're such a little goody-goody and it drives me crazy."
 
"This is not helping your situation at all."
 
"Right, right."  Chanyeol runs a hand through his hair and tries again.  "I didn't realize how big a deal it was - using that potion on you - until after I'd done it.  I honestly felt bad and that's why I ran away.  It wasn't right to play with your emotions."
 
"No, it wasn't.  You're lucky I didn't go directly to the Headmaster to have you expelled."
 
"Why didn't you?"
 
Luhan's mouth is doing that thing again, opening and closing without sounds coming out.  Chanyeol takes a step forward and looks down at the boy directly in front of him.
 
"Why didn't you?
 
"I'm not a goody-goody," he mutters almost quiet enough to not be heard.
 
"Yes you are," Chanyeol teases.
 
"No I'm not!"  Luhan's eyes flash and he grabs Chanyeol by the front of his shirt.  "I'm not," he says again before hauling Chanyeol down for a kiss.  And this one is a lot better than all the others because it's the real Luhan and not some concoction.
 
Oh.  
 
Chanyeol knows what this feeling in his heart is now.  He's smiling from ear to ear when Luhan pulls away, out of breath and flushed.  "I knew you couldn't resist me for long," he teases.
 
"1 point from Slytherin for being cheeky," Luhan declares. 
 
"That's an abuse of power."
 
"10 points for Slytherin for the kiss."
 
"Are you sure you were sorted correctly?"
 
 
 
 
"Ok, so that last dare was a little rocky -"
 
"A little?  Try life altering!" Chanyeol interrupts as he spreads out on the rug.  
 
"Hey, it wasn't my choice to date the Head Boy.  And shouldn't you be thanking me for that?"
 
"Can we please move on?" Jongdae grumbles.  
 
"Fine.  Sehun, truth or dare."
 
All eyes land on the skinny boy as he thinks it over.  "Dare."
 
"I dare you to keep your hands out of Jongin's pants for a week."
 
"What?!" Jongin cries out, face contorted in disbelief as he stares at Chanyeol.
 
"Looks like I'm out," Sehun announces just before diving for Jongin's pants.  Chanyeol and Jongdae barely have time to get away.