Wants: Part 1

This is What an Ordinary Life Looks Like

 

 

“Umma, can I get this?” Zelo asked, holding, well attempting to hold a large bucket of Legos.

 

“Jello, you already have Legos at home. Besides, we're here for your cousin Yongsung, not you.” Himchan reminded him calmly, bending down to the small toddler's level.

 

Zelo pouted. “Please Umma? Pwease, pwease, pwease?”

 

Himchan sighed. “No, Jello.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because I said so. Now, come on Jello, help me find something for your cousin.”

 

“No!” Zelo said stubbornly. Himchan raised an eyebrow. “No?”

 

“No!” Zelo repeated vehemently, shaking his head.

 

“Okay.” Himchan straightened, brushing off the imaginary dust on his pants. “We're leaving then.”

 

“Come on Zelo, let's go.” Himchan said to the small boy.

 

“No! I want this first!” Zelo stomped his foot in finality.

 

“Well, that's just too bad,” Himchan said, picking up the struggling toddler.”Because I'm not getting it.”

 

“No! No! Umma, put me down! Why does only Yongsung get something?” Zelo struggled all the way back to the car. “No, Umma! I want it! Put me down! I want it! Umma, I HATE YOU!” Zelo cried out, tantrum tears streaming down his face.

 

Himchan stiffened just as he clicked buckled Zelo into his car seat. “Bang. Junhong. You will learn to control yourself.” He said in an unemotional voice, closing the back door and opening the driver's, slamming his door shut.

 

The only noise in the car were Zelo's occasional sniffles and Himchan's trying-to-stay-calm intakes of breath.

 

When they got back home, both males were silent, walking next to each other, but not touching. When Himchan opened the door, Yongguk appeared in the doorway, smiling. “So, did you guys find anything good?”

 

Himchan pushed past him and went to the Master bedroom, ignoring Zelo and Yongguk both, slamming the door shut, all without a word or glance behind him. Yongguk shut the door and leaned down to a silent Zelo, knowing something was wrong when he saw the boy's red rimmed eyes, glistening in tears.  

 

 

 

 

.....so yeah....Family feels everybody~