I Need You

I Need You
I fell in love with you the first time I saw you, and you smiled cause you knew.  The words rung in your head as you ignored another call from your ex boyfriend Yongguk. The moment of pure pain when you walked in on him and another girl. The nerve of him to ask you to take him back. But it’s not like you never considered it.  You sighed and put down your phone after putting it on silence. You were alone in the apartment you uWsed to share with Yongguk. Flipping through the channels, you zoned out. It just felt too empty without Yongguk. And it’s only been a week. The thought processed and you sat there dumbfounded. How can you go on for more then one week?  But weeks passed by and eventually months. Yongguk’s texts, calls, and voicemails to you eventually faded, as if he never sent them in the first place. But you got lonelier, you tried to convince yourself that you got over him. But in reality, you didn’t even take down the pictures of the two of you all over the house. Tears formed as you finally read the text messages Yongguk sent months ago. You never dared open them or deleted them. But at this state you wondered how much he wanted you back and if he still did. You saw him on music bank occasionally and other programs. He looked fine, more then fine really. You decided that he didn’t want you back, you had to move on.  Date after date after date, no man really satisfied you. They were either boring or just way to talkative; making you zone out in the middle of the date. After rejecting their calls, they got the hint that you didn’t want to see them again. The failed dates made you realize how much you needed or craved for Yongguk’s love.  You realized him loving you made you feel like you were needed, appreciated, wanted. Even after big fights you still ended up in his arms. With all the crazyness around you he secured you, held you down. But without him, you just felt as if you were floating around, not knowing where you’re going.   Happy three years Yongguk. You toasted the wine glass to the air, taking a long sip. The wine burned your throat and you poured another glass. You heard a faint knock, with the wine glass in your hand, you stumbled to the door.  It’s been months since you last saw Yongguk. On that day, you told him to move out and handing him all his stuff. And yet there he is standing in front of you. He looked different, more handsome, but skinnier with bags under his eyes. Without even saying a word, he pressed his lips against yours. His hands around your waist, preventing you from pushing him away. And at the moment he kissed you, all the bitterness and anger washed away. You knew deep inside and he did too, that the feeling of loneliness could only be gone with the company of each other. So you kissed him back, with tears down your cheek. You accidently dropped the wine glass, glass shattering. But you couldn’t pull away from him. And he couldn’t pull away from you. His lips soft against yours, your body heat morphed into one.  He pulled away, wrapping his arms around you. And you two just stood there, his arms around you, your head on his chest, broken glass and spilled wine everywhere.  Not saying anything, no apologies , no excuses, no yelling. You poured all you needed to say in one simple kiss; I need you.