[KaiSoo] Come closer

The Daily Lives of College Boys

"You okay there?" Baekhyun asks, looking up from his book. Kyungsoo sighs and lies his head on his desk, "Why does he make my life so miserable? Doesn't he realize I have more things to do than chase after him so that he'll give me the proposals of the dance club?"

"We talking about Jongin?"

"He's the only one who makes me feel this way." Kyungsoo sighs and shakes his head, "Nevermind. I have a paper to finish anyway."

Baekhyun bookmarks his book then sits up, "How do you even know the guy? I mean... You know?"

"Childhood neighbors." The older shrugs, Baekhyun raisies an eyebrow, "Okay. Childhood neighbors... And?"

"There's no 'and'. That's that. We're childhood neighbors." Kyungsoo continues, "It was my first summer back in our hometown after my first year here when he started 'harrassing' me."

His roommate smiles, "Harrassing how?"

Kyungsoo sighs, "We live in the suburbs and our houses are divided by this fence. I haven't seen him for a whole year so one day when I was watering mom's vegetable garden, this guy started talking to me as if we were long time friends and I got so annoyed I hosed him down."

Baekhyun laughs uncontrollably, "You hosed him down?!"

"Yeah. And guess what he did?"

"Punched you in the face? Because I would."

"He stripped off his shirt, grabbed the hose and used it on himself. Gross."

"No. HOT."

Kyungsoo makes face, "What?"

"Oh come on. Even I think he's charming in his own way."

"Whatever. I started avoiding him all through summer after that."

"Why? Isn't it fun to have a childhood neighbor? We moved around a lot when I was younger and I never really had a friend like that."

Kyungsoo grunts and moves to his bed, "Point is, we weren't friends. We used to trick or treat around the neighborhood, but that's it. Besides, he took my Snickers bar when I was 7."

"You're too cute."

Kyungsoo screams against his pillow, "I don't ever wanna have anything to do with him anymore!"

Baekhyun just chuckles and ignores his roommate completely and returns to reading his book.

-----

"I need it now. Why do you keep stalling this?!" Kyungsoo taps his foot against the wooden floor of the practice room, Jongin just looks at him with a smirk, "Why can't I?"

Kyungsoo grits his teeth and checks his watch, "I've already wasted 10 minutes just trying to get you to give me the proposal. Some kind of president you are. You do realize your club is the only one who hasn't given it to us yet?! If you were some small time club, this would be dissolved already." Kyungsoo rambles on, Jongin stands from his seat and starts playing the music, "Kim Jongin! Are you even listening to me?"

The younger shrugs, "Not really."

Kyungsoo screams out of frustration, "Why are you such a pain in the ?!"

Jongin looks at him with that annoying smirk, "How do you know that I am? Wanna try?"

Kyungsoo turns tomato red at the question and the only retort he has on that is throwing a book at Jongin's face then storming out of the room. Jongin sighs once Kyungsoo's gone and picks up the book that luckily missed him.

-----

"Luhan, I can't do it anymore... Do something about this..." Kyungsoo complains when he got back to the office, "I'd ask Yifan but he's too busy being a lazy vice president."

Luhan smiles and pats Kyungsoo on the back, "You can do it."

Kyungsoo sinks lower in front of Luhan's desk feeling so defeated and exhausted, "I swear Jongin's having the time of his life tormenting me."

"Well, try not be too angry all the time, Soo. Try and approach him nicely." Luhan advices him as he types away on his laptop.

The other sighs dejectedly, "Nice doesn't work on Jongin."

"Come on, so he stole your candies when you were kids but you're older. Be nice."

Kyungsoo blows the bangs out of his eyes, "I would if he would just stop calling me 'babe.' I'm not his babe."

Luhan laughs, "Oh, what would you rather be called? 'Sweetheart'?"

"I hate you. I'm going to class." Kyungsoo groans and stands abruptly that a pencil jar tumbles over and falls under the desk. "Yah! Kyungsoo!"

"I'm not even sorry!" He tells the older who's already crouching under the desk to gather his dozens of pencils and runs out of the office. He walks in strides, he also notices Jongin's cousin walking with his head down mumbling about 'not being there'. Kyungsoo shrugs - weird must run in the family.

He walks into his classroom and settles on one of the seats in front, he's a junior student and even if it's Friday and the last day of club week, he's certain there will be classes for them. Kyungsoo's already taking out his notebook when their class president enters their classroom, "I just ran into Prof. Park. He said he's going to the Behavioral Science society meeting. Classes are cancelled." Most of his classmates cheer in delight because this is their last class and instead of going home at 6, they have 3-hours free for Friday. Except that Kyungsoo groans, he hates it when classes are cancelled, because his parents are still paying for his tuition and couldn't Prof. Park go to the meeting after his class? Defeated, Kyungsoo stuffs his notebook back into his bag and decides to just roam around the hallways.

He doesn't find Minseok nor Baekhyun around the building, he heads to the SC office but Luhan isn't there too. Kyungsoo texts Baekhyun and asks if he's home because unfortunately, Kyungsoo forgot his dorm keys. He's sitting alone in the office and luck must hate him today because Baekhyun's out of the university and would be back around 5 for his evening classes. The wide-eyed boy doesn't bother texting his bestfriend because Minseok's probably in his class now since the both of them know each other's schedules despite having different majors.

Kyungsoo thinks of heading to the library but he's too frustrated to study now. He decides that why not just cap Friday with more frustration by trying to force a friggin' proposal out of Kim Jongin. With a huff, he walks out of the office, out of the AB building and heads to the student center a short distance away.

Kyungsoo looks at the said student center. It's one of the newest buildings in campus and it's all electrically operated. He wonders what if there's a power shortage and students are still inside? "The horror!" He mumbles under his breath as the glass doors automatically open when the sensors find him. He walks up to the 2nd floor where the dance studios are located, and he can hear music coming out from their department's studio. He doesn't bother knocking, he just opens the door and finds Jongin dancing with some students. The dancer sees him through the mirror and he smirks. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and just enters the studio. The older sits in one corner and waits until Jongin is done.

Kyungoo doesn't realize that he has fallen asleep. He opens his eyes to find Jongin staring at him, a few inches away from his face. "You aren't supposed to wake up yet! A prince is supposed to kiss a princess!" The younger exclaims, Kyungsoo pushes him off. "I am not a princess!" The wide-eyed boy looks around the room and they're alone now, "Jongin, it's Friday. We have to study all the proposals of our department's clubs, organizations and societies on Monday. I'm begging here, okay?"

"I love how determined you are." Jongin ruffles Kyungsoo's hair before standing and getting something out of his bag, Kyungsoo sighs and stands up from where he had fallen asleep.

"Here you go." Jongin hands Kyungsoo a folder, the older checks it and it's the club's proposal - perfectly organized to the T. The shorter boy gapes at it for a moment before using it to hit Jongin's shoulder, "How long have you had this!?"

"A while. I just love to tease you."

"Why do you do this?" Kyungsoo's voice is in between sobbing and anger because he's kind of a mixed of both right now.

"You're cute when you're angry."

Kyungsoo gives him one final blow on the shoulder before storming out. He's aware that he's turned red and he hates how Jongin's teasings are affecting him slowly day by day. He checks his watch and it's a quarter before 5, he then checks his phone and a mesage from Baekhyun says he's left their dorm keys to the lobby since he got back a little early.

Kyungsoo drops by the SC office to leave the proposal on Luhan's table before heading back to his dorm.

-----

"Yo, Kyungsoo." Minseok greets him the next morning in the lobby of their dorms. It's a Saturday and both of them has decided to grab breakfast in the nearby cafe pancake house. "Hey. Good morning."

"You look a little less stressed today." Minseok tells him and Kyungsoo smiles, "Finally got Jongin to hand over his club's proposals." The older nods, "Good for you! You'll see him less and you'll be feeling less angry all the time."

"That's true." Kyungsoo replies. They enter the pancake house and finds Jongdae and Yixing eating in one of the booths. "Yoh! Both of you!" Minseok greets the other two, "Oh. Hey, hyung." Jongdae greets Minseok, Yixing just smiles to the both of them. "Is it okay if we join you?" The oldest among them asks and Yixing just nods. The Chinese scoots a little and Kyungsoo sits next to him, Minseok takes the space next to Jongdae. "Uh, why don't I know you?" Kyungsoo asks eyeing Jongdae, the latter wipes his lips with a napkin first before speaking, "I'm Kim Jongdae, I'm a Literature major. Yixing's my housemate."

"Oh! I'm Do Kyungsoo. I'm Minseok's bestfriend."

Minseok hands Kyungsoo the menu, "Did I forget to mention him to you?" The wide-eyed boy nods, "He also auditioned in the drama club. Amaaaaaziiiiing voice." Minseok exaggerates, Jongdae laughs nervously next to him. "He's just being overly dramatic, Kyungsoo. I'm about average."

"If you are, we're freaking low class." Yixing comments and the four of them bursts into laughter.

They finish their breakfast about an hour later, the housemates leave first while the other two stays behind for another round of fruit juice and catching up. "So..." Minseok starts, Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. "Sooo...?"

"Are we up for the biggest budget?"

Kyungsoo grunts, "You're horrible. We have to check everything."

"But it's Romeo and Juliet. In a musical."

"Jongin's right. You might just outgay Moulin Rouge from last year."

Minseok raises an eyebrow, "Since when did you ever agree with Jongin?"

"Does it even matter?" Kyungsoo bites back, "So! Of course you'll be Romeo."

"Nope."

"You're Juliet?!" Kyungsoo's eyes go wider, "You're gonna crossdress?! You never crossdress!"

Minseok shrugs, "It's my last year, I would love to give everyone something to remember!"

"I need to convince Luhan to give you the biggest budget!"

Minseok laughs, "That's one reason too!"

"So, decided on a Romeo yet?"

"I dunno. Probably Yixing but I swear, there isn't any chemistry between us. He's a good actor don't get me wrong, but most of the time... He looks a little lost."

"How about that Jongdae?"

"He's a rookie, Kyungsoo."

"And so?"

"And so there's no way I'm putting him as a lead."

"Selfish."

"Ideal."

-----

"It was Jongin, wasn't it?!" Kyungsoo yells the moment he steps inside the SC office a little after lunch where Luhan and Yifan (surprisingly) are already sifting the different clubs' proposals. "Jongin what?" Luhan asks in confusion. "He was the one who rudely crashed into you without helping you up."

Yifan snorts and Luhan hits his head with a pile of papers, the SC president turns to Kyungsoo, "I'm not sure? It doesn't matter. I'm fine."

"That guy is so despicable! Don't worry, I'll deal with him." Kyungsoo storms out of the office, Luhan sighs, "Yifan, just go on with this and I'll be back much later. I thought we can finish halfway before my class starts but now I have to deal with a raging Kyungsoo." The taller blond just nods and Luhan runs after his secretary.

"Kyungsoo! Come on! Minseok must have exaggerated this, ok?! I'm fine!"

The wide-eyed boy continuously ignores Luhan and heads straight to the practice room where he knows Jongin is.

"KIM JONGIN! IT WAS YOU!"

Kyungsoo barges right inside the studio and marches towards the tanned boy, "Admit it! It was you!"

"It was me, what?!" Jongin crosses his arms across his chest, but before Kyungsoo answers, Luhan follows after him, "Kyungsoo! It's not a big deal! Agh! Minseok and his big mouth!"

"You crashed into Luhan and you didn't even bother to pick him up!" Kyungsoo continues as he tries his best to get to Jongin but Luhan is doing his best to wrap his arms around the shorter boy to keep him from committing murder.

"I didn't do any crashing into anyone today. I mean... Unless you want to crash into me," Jongin opens his arms wide open, "I'm all yours."

"Uhm, that was me?" Sehun pipes in, and all three of them looks at him. The youngest bows 90 degrees, "I'm so sorry. I was really late for my class, and I didn't see you, Luhan-hyung..." Kyungsoo removes Luhan's grip from his waist as he watches the young Korean apologize.

Jongin pulls up his cousin then wraps his arm around his shoulder, "YOU DID WHAT, BABY COUSIN?! That's not nice." Sehun turns to look at Jongin and a devilish smirk is planted on the motherer's face. "You should apologize."

"I already did." Sehun grits between his teeth, Jongin smirks more evilly, "Apologize more properly." Kyungsoo watches with wide-eyes the banter of the cousins.

"T-that's okay! Why is everybody making a big deal? I'm okay. We're all okay! We're leaving." Luhan pulls Kyungsoo but Jongin grabs the secretary's wrist before the two can leave, "No. That's not the way of our family. Sehun, redeem yourself and take Luhan for bubble tea. NOW."

Kyungsoo is hissing against Jongin's hold but the more he pulls away, the grip only becomes tighter that he just lets the tanned boy hold him down.

"Kim Jongin." Sehun glares at Jongin, Luhan waves his hand in the air, "Maybe next time, okay? We really have to leave. I have classes in 10 minutes. The bubble tea can wait, I love bubble teas." The SC president steps forward but is pulled back when Kyungsoo is dragged a step back.

"You can let go now, Jongin." Kyungsoo shakes his arm off with a shrug, but Jongin tightens his hold, "Give me a kiss first, babe."

"Kiss my foot!!!" Kyungsoo steps on Jongin's foot then hightails his way out of the studio ahead of Luhan. The dancer groans in pain and drops to the floor, Luhan bows in front of Sehun, "So sorry about that. Bye."

"Was that really necessary?" Luhan asks after he catches up with Kyungsoo who's already heading back to their building. The shorter boy doesn't answer so Luhan runs faster and catches a glimpse of Kyungsoo's reddened face. "Oh my goodness! You're blushing!"

"I am not! I'm angry!"

Luhan smiles knowingly, "Oh, really?"

Kyungsoo stops and faces Luhan nonchalantly, "Really."

"I will tell Minseok about this."

"Oh please don't."

Luhan smiles, "But I will."

"I will not hear the end of this! I don't like Jongin, okay!?"

"Oh. Okay." Luhan walks ahead, "Be prepared for your bestfriend's chagrin soon."

"I hate you too!!!" Kyungsoo stomps his feet on the ground like a kid throwing a tantrum before walking back to their building.

----

But no, Kyungsoo doesn't really hate Luhan because if he does he wouldn't be meeting up with him in Noriter the next day. Even if he indeed told Minseok about yesterday's episode and his bestfriend says they need to talk later today too.

"Glad you found an empty seat." He tells the older when he enters the famous cafe. "Sehun was here earlier. He said he's about to leave so he gave the table to me." Luhan explains then pushes a large glass of almond milk tea towards Kyungsoo's. Luhan doesn't always treat Kyungsoo with sweets since it's usually the other way around so this drink must come with a price, "What is it this time...?"

"Apology for yesterday?" Luhan responds but Kyungsoo narrows his eyes skeptically and the older just straight up confesses, "And Jongin's proposal, there's a problem there." Kyungsoo groans, "I knew it. What is it?"

"Well, it's organized and all, but he wants a 2-day showcase that coincides with Minseok's play during AB week next month."

"But Minseok probably won't be doing a whole play. You know that he only showcases 30-minutes of the whole play his club will present before they do it more extravagantly before the schoolyear ends."

"I know. Come on, I room with your bestfriend. The budget isn't the problem for AB week because Minseok didn't even ask for any. It's the venue. They're both asking the same venue. At the same time. Yifan says it's first come first served but it's the dance club, we can't just throw them aside." Luhan explains, Kyungsoo huffs after he takes a sip of his drink, "Alright, hyung. Now get to the point."

"He sent his proposals late. Now, it's not only his club that's gonna use our department's sole auditorium okay? There's the debate team and some symposium as well. He has two choices and please this time use your complete powers over him to get him to agree until tomorrow." Luhan explains again and he flinches when Kyungsoo groans out of frustration because he's gonna have to meet with Jongin again and this time he has to sell his soul for him to agree immediately. "What are his choices? Why does he get choices and I don't?" Kyungsoo asks and Luhan just smiles reluctantly, "The auditorium can only be open for him on Tuesday, 4-6 pm. That's it. If he wants a 2-day showcase, he'd have to settle for a smaller venue - the conference hall and only for 8-10 am."

"Who'd go for a morning dance showcase? Because I won't. Would you?"

"That's exactly what Yifan and I thought. Now, use your charm to make him agree to cut it for a day."

"Fine..." Kyungsoo agrees and Luhan beams. The former's phone rings and it's Minseok. Kyungsoo talks to his bestfriend and he hangs up a few minutes later. He glares at Luhan, "He's asking me to grab him a burger, go to your dorm and we NEED to talk."

"Again, I'm so sorry!"

"Let's go."

The two of them leaves their table and walks their way to the burger joint near the cafe. They head to the takeout counter and just orders for Minseok and Kyungsoo's as well. Luhan is skipping lunch with them to attend some meeting. Their orders arrive rather fast and they walk out of the joint. That is until Luhan finds two familiar figures by the glass window, the SC president knocks on it to get the two boys' attention. Luhan waves a hand and yells, "Thank you for earlier!" Kyungsoo just glares at Jongin who's suprisingly looking at him a little differently than he's used to. Kyungsoo's heart races as the gaze lingers on him so he grabs Luhan by the wrist and pulls him away.

"Kyungsoo, you're blushing again."

"Luhan, stop it." Kyungsoo releases his friend and sticks out his tongue, "I'm gonna head over to Minseok's. I'll talk to Jongin tomorrow."

Luhan pats the shorter boy's head, "Okay." He smiles then jogs away. Kyungsoo continues on his way to the dorms and knocks on Minseok's door. His bestfriend opens the door for him and the younger makes his way inside. "Here's your food."

"Sit on my bed unless you want Luhan to skin you alive." Minseok takes his place on the floor as he piles up sheets of papers scattered on it. "Kyungsoo, I'm your bestfriend and you should know by now that I hate secrets, okay?" The older speaks without looking up. Minseok keeps eating his lunch and waits for the other to speak.

"Luhan's just playing around."

"So... You really don't feel anything about Jongin?" Minseok still keeps himself busy not that he's angry with Kyungsoo, he's just a multitasker and with a prototype play in a few weeks there's just no way he can stop now.

"He makes my life miserable."

"That's been established. Luhan says you blush around him now. Heck. I thought when you turn red when he teases you is just out of pure anger."

Kyungsoo sighs and takes a huge bite off his burger, "I don't know, Minseok." The older of the two stops shuffling the papers and stares at his bestfriend, "Go on."

"I don't understand why lately, I feel like my chest is beating too fast when he's looking at me. And blood rushes to my head when he teases me and maybe it makes me angry because I'm getting too affected and it's not funny. I hate him." He sputters continuously as he keeps eating his lunch.

"I'm no expert because you know, high standards, but you might be confusing hate to an entirely different emotion." Minseok smirks and then proceeds on checking out the pages of the script on the floor.

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asks after swallowing the last of his burger, Minseok taps his pencil against the floor as he reads the part of the play he wants to be shown on AB week, "Think about it, Kyungsoo. You're smarter than me."

There's silence between them first, except the tapping of the pencil and the shuffling of papers. After a few minutes, Kyungsoo wails and buries himself on Minseok's pillows, "OH MY GOD!!! I LIKE HIM!!!"

"Bingo."

"Nononononooooo! NO! NOOOOO!!!!" Kyungsoo whines and wails, tosses and turns and flails. Minseok acts oblivious to the tantrum his bestfriend is throwing and just continues with the task at hand. The younger suddenly sits up, "How do I face him tomorrow!? Why did you have to talk to me about this today?!" Minseok laughs. At his bestfriend's misery, "Face it, Soo. You're caught. Then again, Jongin's kinda cute and charming too."

"Of all people... Why him?" Kyungsoo sighs against the pillow and just lies still then he hits Minseok with a pillow, "And you hate him too! How can you say he's charming?! You traitor!" The older laughs it off, "I hate him when you do but cute boys are cute."

"Traitor." Kyungsoo hisses then gets up from the bed, "I'm gonna go. I am gonna wallow in this self-discovery and hate myself."

"You're so dramatic, why didn't you join my club?"

Kyungsoo sticks out his tongue before heading out of the dorm.

-----

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are getting ready for class when the younger suddenly speaks, "I've heard something interesting from Joonmyun."

"What is it?" Kyungsoo asks as he fixes his hair for a bit, Baekhyun chuckles, "Looks like Yifan's having some stargazing dates with the freshman Huang Zitao."

"Ohhhh. And he said he's not interested in him." Kyungsoo coos and checks himself in the mirror for another once over then takes his bag from his bed. "Could this be a start?" Baekhyun asks after he gets his own bag and they both head outside. "Start of what?" Kyungsoo asks after locking the door.

"The year of love." Baekhyun grins, Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. Then he thinks of Jongin, and his blood rush to his cheeks again that he's thankful the hallways are a little dark for Baekhyun to notice. The wide-eyed boy clears his throat, "So... You and Park Chanyeol this year too?"

Baekhyun waves his hands in the air, "NO! That...! We're impossible! He's Park Chanyeol."

Kyungsoo smile then his roommate narrows his eyes at him, "But you don't deny that this could be the year of love... Do you like someone?"

"No."
'Yes?'

Baekhyun stares at Kyungsoo harder, "Are you sure?"

"Yes."
'No?'

"Huh." Baekhyun looks at him skeptically before continuing on, "But really, I hope a lot of love bloom this year."

Kyungsoo smiles, "Well, we'll see. Fingers crossed for you and Chanyeol!"

"Stop it!" Baekhyun yells then stops when he sees Chanyeol run past them in his disarrayed uniform. The tall team captain just continues running until he's further ahead. Baekhyun looks at him longingly before realizing something.

"Oh my god!!!! Did he hear us?! Did he?! Oh my god!!!!"

"Why don't you ask him?" Kyungsoo teases and Baekhyun shrieks, "Oh my god. I'm doomed."

Wednesday starts normally for Kyungsoo. He's got his morning classes that finishes an hour after lunch. Solving math problems took his mind off the pressing matter of meeting Jongin later that day. He's got 2 hours of vacant time until his 2nd class for the day so he decides to just look for Jongin's schedule in the bulletin board.

Thankfully, Jongin has classes in room 209 for a major subject and hopefully, he's not skipping it. Kyungsoo takes a deep breath after rechecking the room number on the bulletin board before heading to the said class. He finds the classroom and truthfully enough, classes are already going on. Kyungsoo takes a peak from the corner of the small windon on the classroom door and he finds Jongin yawning in the middle of the classroom.

"Deep breath. Deep breath." He mumbles and with all his confidence, Kyungsoo knocks lightly on the door - thank god for being part of the student council, class disruptions from them can be excused. The door opens and Ms. Hwang steps out, "Oh? Yes, Kyungsoo?"

"Hi, Ms. Hwang, uhm, is it okay if I pull Kim Jongin out of your class for a while? It's official matters for the student council and we're kind of running on a deadline."

The professor smiles, "Sure. That boy is halfway into dreamland anyway. Just wait here." She smiles again before stepping inside the classroom. Kyungsoo fidgets as he waits then jumps a little in shock when there's a sudden loud cheer inside the room then Jongin steps out with a huge grin in his face. "Hey babe."

Kyungsoo sighs, "I am not your babe."

Jongin raises an eyebrow, "Aww, you're not angry this time, too."

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo tries to sound tired of the games the younger is playing, Jongin walks to the stairs and sits on it, Kyungsoo follows but opts to stand by the wall. "Okay, babe. What is it? I mean, you won't just pull me out of the classroom because you miss me, right?"

"I will never. Anyway, about your proposal..."

"I already gave it to you."

"Well, there's a problem with the schedule." Then Kyungsoo proceeds on explaining the choices Jongin has for his club's showcase. The younger knits his brows, "That Minseok."

"It's your own damn fault."

Jongin shrugs, "No. I get that auditorium for two days."

"Kim Jongin, please? Cooperate with me this time!"

Jongin eyes Kyungsoo then grins, "In one condition."

"I'd probably regret this, but okay?"

"Spend next Friday night with me in the dance studio. Watch me dance alone, alright?"

"If you do something funny, I will kill you."

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo softly, "No. I'm just gonna dance. I just want you to watch me and I will take that Tuesday schedule."

Kyungsoo sighs rather loudly since he's trying to steady his bloodflow and heartbeat, "I'll see you next Friday."

"See you, babe." Jongin winks then heads straight back to his classroom. Kyungsoo is walking away from the classroom when a loud cheer echoes again. He ignores it and texts Minseok for their lunch together.

Minseok and him meets at Noriter for lunch and his bestfriend talks on and on about the showcase he's giving, but Kyungsoo is spacing out a little. "You aren't listening. Something wrong?" Minseok asks when he finally notices.

"He asked me to see him dance alone next Friday night."

"Him? Dance? Alone?" Minseok asks then his eyes go wide, he leans forward excitedly that he almost gets their drinks to topple over and whispers, "KIM JONGIN ASKED YOU ON A DATE?"

"I don't know if it's a date. It's compensation for rescheduling his showcase and cutting it for only 1 day."

"Are you going?"

"I have to. I need to keep the end of my bargain."

Minseok smiles, "You could just say you want to spend some time alone with him too."

Kyungsoo doesn't respond and just picks on his food, his bestfriend chuckles, "Luhan's right. You're blushing for him now."

"Stop it."

-----

It's Thursday night and Jongin, Sehun and Tao are inside the latter two's dorm.

"You asked him to watch you dance and he actually agreed?" Sehun asks while he and his cousin are eating take out dinner on the floor. Jongin nods and Tao puts down the book he's reading. "So, like a date?" The Chinese asks and Jongin shakes his head, "No. Not a date. I just want him to watch me."

"Yeah right." Tao rolls his eyes and Sehun chuckles, "Ignore him, Jongin. Everything that involve two people is a date for him."

"If it involves someone you like, then it's a date." Tao smiles and the cousins roll their eyes. "But, isn't Kyungsoo-hyung with the student council? I thought you don't like people involved in that?" The Chinese asks and Jongin swallows his food first before answering, "Well, he's cute."

"See?! I told you it's like Taemin all over again!"

"No! I told you it's different!" Jongin defends, "I want Kyungsoo to like me, as a friend! He's just too angry at me all the time and Taemin... I really liked him. He's beautiful and graceful and we were perfect together."

Sehun nods, "And you a lot too before you started going out, and you were so in love, you even went to this university to be with him only to find out he's already cheating on you."

"Minho's an , okay?" Jongin grunts, Tao lies to his side to watch the two people eating on the floor, "But, Jongin... You can't just blame Minho alone. It takes two people to have an affair." Tao comments and Jongin ignores him.

"And those two are still together, too." Sehun adds and Jongin scoffs. "It's been over a year, haven't you forgiven him?"

"Forgiven? Yes. Forgotten? No." Jongin responds and finishes the last of his food. "We were perfect together. Let's leave it at that."

"And what you're doing to Kyungsoo is a distraction? You're unfair." Tao asks and Sehun agrees. The Chinese continues, "Kyungsoo-hyung is a nice person and he doesn't deserve to be treated like that."

"Both of you are bullying me. He's not a distraction. Maybe I like him but maybe not as much as I give myself credit for. I don't know. I can't say anything more than that because maybe I haven't moved on completely from Taemin."

"Why don't you talk to Taemin? Settle things?" Sehun asks as he finishes his dinner.

"We haven't talked since I found out he was cheating on me. What's the point now?"

Sehun and Tao looks at each other first then faces Jongin and dramatically tells him in unison, "So you can let go."

"You two are crazy. Crazier than Chanyeol." Jongin exclaims.

Tao takes his book again and flips the pages, "You linger in the beautiful memories of the past that you forget to live in the present." He speaks in Chinese. Jongin looks at his cousin and Sehun shrugs, "He speaks random Chinese proverbs I think? Then doesn't usually translate it so don't mind him."

Tao chuckles then speaks in Korean again, "You'll never be able to live your life in the present if you keep thinking about the past. It sounded more meaningful in Chinese though."

"Again? In simple Korean?" Jongin asks and Tao sighs, "Just, open your eyes. You'll never know what's in store fo you if you keep yourself in denial."

"Say something Sehun! I'm getting beat here." Jongin yells and Sehun shrugs, "But I'm with Tao with this." He high fives his roommate and Jongin groans.

"Think about it, stupid cousin. It would be better if you just talk to Taemin."

"Says the guy who keeps running away from Luhan."

"In my defense, I have no hangups with him. Unlike you, you and Taemin need closure."

Jongin scoffs, "Okay. I'll think about it. Gah, if only Chanyeol's isn't always busy with his basketball team, I won't be eating with you guys, I won't have this intervention." The tanned boy stands and grabs his stuff.

"One way or another you're gonna face Taemin anyway." Sehun comments before Jongin slams the door behind him.

-----

The days go by, weekends roll uneventfully for Kyungsoo who's thankful that he's not gonna deal with Jongin in the future (the coming Friday must be the last, hurray!) and this infatuation can finally die down. It's a peaceful Sunday morning and he goes to the pancake house near their dorms to grab takeout for breakfast. He waits by the corner when he finds some familiar people sitting a few tables from him. Kyungsoo squints his eyes and it's Yifan pinching Tao's nose. He smiles because Yifan is smiling at Tao, and they look so happy. And for some reason the image of the two Chinese turns to him and Jongin. Kyungsoo rubs his eyes rather roughly to stop the hallucination and he's never been thankful for his order coming to stop him from looking at the vice president and his boyfriend(?). He stands and walks out of the pancake house without greeting his friend.

"Stupid Yifan being lovey-dovey with Tao." He grunts. His wallowing is halted when his phone rings to a frantic Luhan, "Hyung?"

'Come to our dorm! You're bestfriend is being overly dramatic!'

"I'm on my way."

Kyungsoo hangs up and runs to Luhan and Minseok's dorm in record time. When he enters, he finds his bestfriend crying on his bed. "Okay, what happened?!"

"YIXING IS THINKING OF LEAVING MY CLUB!!!!"

Kyungsoo and Luhan looks at each other with a shrug. The youngest speaks, "But... You don't give him any lead parts, and I dunno..."

"Your stupid crush talked to him last week! Your Kim Jongin is stealing my Zhang Yixing!"

"What." Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and just sits on the floor to eat his breakfast. He ignores the tantrums while Luhan takes a shower. Minseok sits up from his bed, "I'm serious, Kyungsoo. There will be blood if Yixing decides to leave."

"So why are you talking to me about it? Isn't it your job to convince Yixing to stay?"

"I said I'll give him a lead part to the play, but he said he's gonna think about it! You don't think twice getting a lead part in a play!!! Oh god!!! He's leaving me!"

"You sound like a distressed girlfriend."

"You aren't helping."

"You didn't need any help. You're just throwing a tantrum."

Luhan steps out of the shower, "I'm gonna head out. I'm meeting some of my friends for Sunday lunch." The SC president proceeds to change his clothes and Kyungsoo turns away from him. He continues talking to Minseok, "So, what do you want me to do now?"

"Talk to Jongin. Tell him Yixing is mine."

"Do I look like a messenger for all your Jongin needs?"

"You already know how to charm the guy." Luhan adds with a bright smile and Kyungsoo sighs. "Will you stop being a kid if I say I'll try my best."

Minseok nods, Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, "Fine. I'll try my best. Again." The oldest hugs his bestfriend while Luhan gets ready to step outside but Kyungsoo stops him first. "Looks like Yifan and Tao's together now, by the way!"

"Really?" Luhan's eyes widen and Kyungsoo nods, "Saw them at the pancake house earlier."

The Chinese smirks then waves his goodbye to the two Koreans. Kyungsoo sighs again, 'When will I ever get away from Jongin?'

 

-----

 

It's already Thursday around after lunch when Kyungsoo finally manages to see Jongin inside the AB building. See, because Kyungsoo didn't really bother finding Jongin and with AB week coming soon, he's sure the younger is busy too.


"Hey, Jongin." Kyungsoo greets after watching the dancer from afar and building courage to actually talk to him again. The younger looks up from the bench, "Yes?" Jongin smirks, "I knew it's you, babe."

Kyungsoo hits the top of Jongin's head lightly in exasperation, the younger laughs it off, "Don't steal Yixing away from the drama club!" The wide-eyed boy tells the other, Jongin shrugs, "Who said I was stealing him? All I did was talk to him and asked him if he's interested in joining my club too. TOO. I mean, if he can juggle both clubs then he's free to shine in mine."

Kyungsoo groans, "Minseok's threatened he's leaving the drama club entirely. Why did you even bother?!"

Before Jongin can answer, Kyungsoo's phone rings and it's Luhan. The younger watches the other's eyes go wider and panics. Kyungsoo ends the conversation before facing Jongin, "Sehun fell off the stairs in the main building."

Jongin facepalms. Great. He asked Sehun to get the video Taemin and Jongin recorded of them dancing together so he can try and use it for his club for the showcase and now his cousin fell down the stairs of the building he dreads entering in the off chance that he'll run into his ex and his bug eyed alien boyfriend.

"Jongin? Are you coming?" Kyungsoo asks, the younger reluctantly stands and follows the other. The both of them heads to the health center first to ask for assistance. A few minutes later they're already on their way to the main building, "What are the chances? You won't see him, Jongin." Jongin mumbles to himself before getting inside first ahead of the nurse and Kyungsoo.

"SEHUN!" Jongin yells once he finds him on the platform, he stops so abruptly that Kyungsoo's nose hits his arm. "Good job, baby cousin." He teases when he finds the two boys' entwined hands. Kyungsoo smiles at the two then calls for the nurse to help Sehun. Luhan and the nurse carry Sehun down the stairs while Kyungsoo and Jongin stay on the platform to get out of the way. They wait for Sehun to be seated on the wheelchair before moving. They're about to leave when a voice calls the younger.

"Jongin?"

Kyungsoo and Jongin turn to see Taemin walking down the stairs, "You never come to this building."

"Sehun fell down the stairs."

"Oh."

Kyungsoo just stares at the other guy. He's quite tall, maybe just as tall as Jongin. And he's got a perfect nose and his eyes aren't too big for his face. And above all that, Jongin can't look at him directly. He can't talk with that certain bite around this guy too.

"We're going ahead, Taemin." Jongin nods before leaving. Kyungsoo nods then follows Jongin out. The older watches as the dancer quietly follows Sehun and the others. He has never seen this side of Jongin before and it worries him. He wonders who Taemin was and why it's affecting Jongin so much. Kyungsoo walks faster so he's beside the younger, "I'm gonna go ahead, I have classes soon."Jongin nods without saying anything and Kyungsoo walks ahead to bid his goodbye to Luhan and Sehun.

Luhan decides to take care of Sehun's forms and stuff because Jongin can't be bothered about it right now. The cousins are left alone inside a small room while they wait for Luhan. "You're awfully quiet, Jongin. I'm actually waiting for you to laugh at me."

"Just..."

"You saw him, right?"

Jongin shakes his head, "I'm so confused. I'm over him, but there's this effect on me."

"Because you're finding closure." Sehun tells his cousin. They stop the conversation when Luhan and a doctor enters, Jongin bids his goodbye and leaves the two.

-----

Friday rolls in, the forthcoming time alone with Jongin bothers Kyungsoo but he tries to calm himself about it. His classes has ended already and there's still time before he meets Jongin (though there isn't any particular time they agreed on). He makes his way to the student council room where he decides to stay and wait until he goes to the dance practice room.

"Seriously?!" He gasps when he finds Tao cradling Yifan's head on his lap; the Chinese couple is a perpetual fixation inside the office however, Kyungsoo didn't get the memo about Luhan and Sehun since there's something obvious going on between them noting how the young Korean is lying on the couch using Luhan's lap as pillow.

"You all reek of fluff and love." Kyungsoo smiles at the two couples before sitting on his desk. Sehun adjusts himself from the couch then faces Kyungsoo, "Ne, hyung."

"Hmn?"

"Are you single?"

Kyungsoo blushes, "If I am?"

Sehun smiles and looks at Luhan with a grin, the older nods his head. Sehun turns to look at Kyungsoo again, "Do... You like someone?"

Kyungsoo's smile disappears, "Maybe. He'll never take me seriously though." There are suddenly 4 pairs of eyes staring at Kyungsoo, "What?"

Nobody answers, no sound is made until the office's door bursts open, "I KNEW I'D FIND YOU HERE! Oh Sehun! Dance practice!"

Kyungsoo's heart almost leaps off his chest when the the sound of Jongin's cheerful voice booms the office. He watches as Sehun and Jongin bicker. It's only until Sehun wails, Luhan blushes and the Chinese couple bursts into a fit of laughter that Kyungsoo narrows his eyes at Jongin - looking at the younger judgingly.

"Hey, babe." Jongin finally greets the wide-eyed boy, Kyungsoo's heart races against his chest that he's already crumpling a piece of paper from under his palm. "Babe your face." Kyungsoo stands from his chair and throws said ball of paper at Jongin, "Get out!" Jongin laughs and bids farewell to everyone.

Kyungsoo sighs and sits back on his chair once Jongin left. He realizes there's dead silence around him and when he looks up, 4 pairs of eyes are staring at him again, "WHAT??!?"

"It's my cousin, isn't it?" Sehun asks with a lopsided grin, Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, "You wish." 'I wish.'

"Really, hyung? Not even a little crush?" Tao prods on, Kyungsoo shakes his head and Luhan grins, "Really?"

"Luhan, really." Kyungsoo glares from his table. The office's door suddenly bursts open again that the wide-eyed boy stands immediately in shock.

"DAMN IT KIM JONGIN!" He yells but the younger just smiles, "Sorry, babe." Jongin walk over to his table and Kyungsoo points a ruler at him, "Don't come any closer or I'll scream." Kyungsoo threatens despite the laughter coming from the two couple inside the room with him. Jongin holds up his hands to surrender, "Alright, babe. Calm down. Just see me later around 7 or 8. Be nice enough to bring me food, okay?"

"And if I don't?" Kyungsoo pokes the ruler at Jongin's tummy, the latter grins, "Well, let me think of ways. Until then, see you!" The younger pulls Kyungsoo's wrist and kisses the back of his hand before running away.

"YAH!!!!" Kyungsoo runs after Jongin up to the door but he still smiles to himself, he likes a cheerful Jongin than a sulking Jongin and he's glad his back is turned against the other four or he'll never live it down.

"Kyungsoo, like him yet?" Yifan asks and the secretary hits the blond's shoulder with the ruler still in his hand then just sits on his desk quietly. "Silence means yes." Tao teases and Kyungsoo faces them, "No. It means I'm ignoring all of your existence. Too much hearts floating around."

"It's floating around you too." Sehun adds and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes before ignoring them again.

-----

Kyungsoo is afraid that Jongin will double the harrassment so he orders takeout for the both of them. He goes to the studio around 7:30 so he won't look too eager nor he'd look like he's really unintereted (but he wouldn't admit that he's interested too). He finds Jongin in the middle of the room doing some pirouettes and the younger stops when he sees him.

"You came!"

"Because I do keep my promises, just so you know. And here, you must be hungry." Kyungsoo hands Jongin his dinner, "I am. Thanks, babe."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and sits on the floor, Jongin sits across him. They eat in silence and it dawns on the older that they really don't have anything to talk about and their conversation just consists of Jongin teasing him and Kyungsoo screaming at the younger.

They're halfway into their silent dinner when a loud thunder booms overhead. "Is it raining when you're walking here?" Jongin asks, the older nods, "But it was only a drizzle."

"Let me check our situation." Jongin then stands and leaves Kyungsoo inside the room. The latter checks his phone and sighs when there aren't any signal. A few seconds later Jongin returns, "I'll dance for you next time, we have to go. Students are being asked to return to the dorms or their apartments. I ran into Myungsoo and there was an announcement about 15 minutes ago."

"That bad?" Kyungsoo stands and starts gathering his stuff, "Wait... Wasn't there supposed to be a PA system here? Why didn't we hear any announcement?" He asks then walks out of the room.

Jongin laughs nervously as he walks beside Kyungsoo, "I kinda... Jammed the speakers so it doesn't enter here? It interrupts our practice often."

"You're such an..." Kyungsoo doesn't finish his sentence when another thunder booms and lightning flashes from outside the glass doors. "Let's hurry." Jongin grabs Kyungsoo's wrists and walks faster, another thunder and lightning comes a few seconds later. Kyungsoo screams when the power goes out completely and the wide eyed boy runs towards the automated glass door hoping it will open for them.

"Nonononoooooo!!!!" He cries as he tries to push the glass doors apart but hopelessly fails. Jongin grabs Kyungsoo away from the doors by the arm, "Let it go, we can probably survive tonight."

"How about the emergency exits? Should we try?" Kyungsoo sounds so small next to Jongin, the younger looks at the other, "Are you okay?"

"I... I'm fine." The older responds but the sudden grip of Kyungsoo's hand on Jongin's upper arm says otherwise.

"Well, let me check." Jongin tries to leave Kyungsoo in the lobby but the older just tightens his grip, "Please don't leave."

"Alright. Let's check it together." Jongin walks towards the end of the corridor while Kyungsoo just presses himself harder against the younger as they make their way there. Jongin turns the knob of the thick metal door but it's locked, "Looks like we're stuck here."

"Oh." Kyungsoo mumbles and Jongin notices the trembling of the older's lower lip, "Babe, are you okay?"

"I... I'm scared of the dark." The wide-eyed boy finally admits, Jongin sighs with a smirk, "I'm here. Don't worry."

Kyungsoo nods, Jongin holds the older's wrist tighter and then heads back to the lobby, "It's better here. Most rooms have no huge windows and at least the flashes of lightning won't make this building too dark."

"O...ok." Kyungsoo sighs, he releases Jongin and the hold on his wrist before he sits on the floor. The younger sits beside him and they stay silent for a while. A few minutes later Jongin notices that Kyungsoo holds his breath when there's no flashes of lightning and sighs in relief when there is. He takes out his phone and as expected there's no signal too, he chooses a song and then hands the phone to the other boy, "Hey, babe. Press play when I tell you to."

"What are you doing?"

Jongin smiles and pats Kyungsoo on the shoulder, "Might as well dance now." The younger tells him then stands a few feet across the other boy, "Don't mind the dark, okay? Just focus on me." Kyungsoo nods, Now press play."

The older boy presses play and a melodious piano piece starts the song. It's a ballad and Kyungsoo knows that the dance club doesn't usually do ballads and he's never actually seen Jongin dance before and it's different. The way the younger fluidly moves along with the melody of the song and the way the lightning occassionally flashes from outside makes him so beautiful.

Kyungsoo watches in awe, and he thinks that Jongin is really passionate about dancing. By the middle of the song walks up to him and pulls him up, "W-what are you doing?" The older puts the phone on the floor then the other walk back to where he was dancing before.

"Dance with me." Jongin whispers, Kyungsoo's eyes widen, "I'm not the best dancer."

"I'll lead you." Jongin smiles and puts one of Kyungsoo's hand around his neck while he holds him closer by the waist. Jongin holds Kyungsoo's hand tighter and he leads the older as they slow dance together in the middle of the empty building amidst the thunder and lightning outside.

"Are you feeling better?" Jongin asks and Kyungsoo nods. The younger smiles again, he makes the other turn and they laugh but continue dancing. They're still laughing when the song stops, Kyungsoo tries to release himself from Jongin but he won't let go, "Let's keep dancing."

Another ballad starts playing and it's a song Kyungsoo is familiar to. He starts singing along to the song as they keep dancing. Jongin stares because he never knew that Kyungsoo sings and his voice is just perfect. The older looks up when the hand on his waist moves to his cheek, "What is it?"

Jongin doesn't answer but instead leans down and kisses Kyungsoo on the lips. The older gets surprised by the sudden contact with Jongin but it doesn't take too long until he closes his eyes and reciprocates. They cut off the kiss when the lights turn back on. Both of them looks around the building as it gets brighter and brighter. Once their eyes meet again, Kyungsoo pushes Jongin away from him and starts running out of the building.

"KYUNGSOO!" Jongin runs after him but the older is already braving the thunderstorm outside. "!"

-----

"OH MY GOD! Are you okay?!" Baekhyun exclaims when Kyungsoo barges inside their dorm room, "I need to shower..." Is the only response Kyungsoo gives his roommate then heads to the bathroom.

Inside Kyungsoo cries some more because he can't believe he's let himself fall for Jongin's tricks again and the kiss probably didn't mean anything at all to the younger yet it meant a lot to him. "Stupid. Stupid!" He screams and there's a loud knock on the door, "Soo! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Baekhyun." He calls out, "I will be out in a minute." He composes himself before he finishes his shower and dries himself. He steps out of the shower and changes in his pajamas.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened?" Baekhyun asks, "I was trying to call you, Minseok too. We were getting worried."

"I'm tired. Just let me get some rest."

Baekhyun doesn't say anything anymore and leaves Kyungsoo to sleep. The younger texts Minseok that his bestfriend has arrived and fallen asleep.

-----

Kyungsoo wake up the next day with a heavy heart and a brain-splitting headache. He groans in pain, "Baekhyun..." He mumbles and his roommate grunts from the other bed. "Baekhyun... Help..."

The younger sits up and lazily walks to Kyungsoo's bed, "What's wrong, hyung? It's 6 in the morning."

"I think I'm sick..."

Baekhyun checks his roommate's temperature, "Hyung, you're burning!" The younger panics and darts to the bathroom to get a wet towel and places it on the older's forehead. "I'm out of medicine, hyung. I'm gonna go over to Minseok's for a bit." Baekhyun runs out in his bedhead and pajamas then heads to Dorm A.

Not 15 minutes later Baekhyun runs back inside the room, "I didn't make it to their dorm. I'm so sorry hyung!!!" Kyungsoo doesn't say anything and Baekhyun checks his roommate. He sighs in relief knowing the older has fallen back to sleep. He decides to just call Minseok, something he should have done in the first place to avoid an encounter so early in the morning.

Kyungsoo wakes up 3 hours later and finds Minseok and Luhan on Baekhyun's bed. "Oh, you're awake." His bestfriend jumps off his roommate's bed and sits beside the other, "Baekhyun called me this morning, you were burning up. He already left for some meeting for the newspaper club."

"Here. Have something to eat." Luhan serves him a congee while Minseok helps him sit up, "It's gotten a little cold but it's still warm enough to eat."

"Thanks." Kyungsoo mumbles and starts eating his food. "Take the medicine by your table after you eat then we'll check your temperature." Minseok tells him and Kyungsoo nods. "Then we'll talk." The younger groans.

They stay silent for awhile, once Kyungsoo finishes and takes his medicine, he reluctantly looks at the two older guys in the room. Minseok sighs and just asks, "What happened last night...?"

The shorter boy starts telling what happened, he doesn't hide anything, he doesn't stop himself from crying and he's hurt. Being sick only doubles the pain but he couldn't top himself from telling everything because he wants to tell somebody about it, so someone can tell him he was stupid to even think that night won't be ed up at all.

"There, there... Kyungsoo, calm down." Minseok hugs his bestfriend once the younger finished his story. He's still sobbing against Minseok's shirt and the older pats his back, "Why did you run away?"

"... It must have meant nothing to him and it was so embarrassing. And it hurts me because I've actually allowed myself to like him more than I should."

"You have to talk to him, Kyungsoo."

"... I can't. He's been playing with me all along and I let him get the best of me." Kyungsoo buries his face in his pillows and sobs, after a few hiccups, Minseok and Luhan find him asleep.

Luhan dials his boyfriend's number, "Hey, Sehunah... Are you with Jongin?"

'No. We're supposed to have breakfast together and he hasn't contacted me. I asked Yifan to ask Chanyeol and he said Jongin didn't come home last night. Did something happen?'

Luhan smiles, "I see. Tell him he's dead the next time Minseok and I sees him. Something did happen."

'Ok. Oh, uh, how about you and I grab breakfast?'

"Thought you'd never ask. I'll see you outside in 10 minutes."

-----

There's a knock on Tao and Sehun's dorm the next day, the Chinese opens it to find Jongin outside. "Come in."

"Oh. You're alive. You were missing the whole day yesterday." Sehun greet him from his seat on the floor, "You should confess now because Luhan said you're dead once Minseok and him finds you."

Jongin sighs and lies face down on Sehun's bed, "I'm... I... I kissed him."

"And then? Luhan didn't tell me anything yesterday."

"He ran away."

Tao looks at Jongin, "What now?"

"I dunno. He just ran away. I... I felt something in that kiss, okay?" Jongin groans against his cousin's pillow. "I'm confused and maybe a little scared. I've never felt this way again ever since Taemin."

"You have to let go of Taemin!" Sehun yells, "You have to settle things."

"Damn it..." Jongin mumbles then stays silent. The roommates ignore him until he's silently snoring peacefully on Sehun's bed.

-----

Monday rolls in and Kyungsoo still feels a little sick but decides to show up in his classes. He tries to act normal but he's still a bit confused about what happened last Friday night. It's after lunch and he doesn't have any classes so Kyungsoo decides to stay in the SC room. He finds it empty and he finds it okay since he wants to be alone too. He's lying his head on his desk when the door opens.

"Why are you here?" He asks the person standing by the door.

"I... We need to talk." Jongin starts and walks inside. He sits in front of Kyungsoo's desk. They stay in awkward silence, the older sighs because he just wants Jongin out of the room, "Let's just cut to the chase... Why did you kiss me?"

Jongin looks up apprehensively, he clears his throat, "You looked so small... So adorable. And... So vulnerable."

"Vulnerable. That's all I really am to you? Someone so vulnerable."

"I didn't plan it okay? I just wanted you to watch me dance... I wanted you to be my friend."

Kyungsoo swallows hard as he tries to push back the lump in his throat, "Did it mean anything to you...? Anything at all?"

"I don't know." Jongin mumbles he looks down and doesn't meet Kyungsoo's gaze, "I'm a little confused. I'm sorry. I really am. I don't know what to tell you. I have this ex-boyfriend, you saw him when Sehun fell... We've broken up for over a year now but I don't know why I'm still hung up on him. Maybe I'm still in love with him, or maybe I'm scared that what happened between us will happen again and I don't want to get hurt." The younger explains and when he looks up he finds Kyungsoo silently crying in front of him, "Kyungsoo, don't cry. I'm so sorry."

"You have... You have no idea how selfish you are." The older covers his face with his hands, "You don't want to get hurt... But you hurt me. You have no idea how much of the things you do affect me...Please leave, Jongin. I don't want to have anything to do with you anymore."

Jongin feels something in his heart, and he wants to just gather Kyungsoo in his arms and stop him from crying. He caused this, he caused the older boy to break down and it's not a good feeling, "Kyungsoo..."

"Just leave."

"I felt something in that kiss, Kyungsoo. Something different, something special."

Kyungsoo looks at him in confusion, Jongin continues, "Please don't hate me. I'm gonna fix my life and I'm gonna come back. Please, just wait for me."

"... I can only wait for too long. Just leave."

Jongin doesn't say anything anymore before he sprint out of the SC office. He runs into Minseok and Luhan, the older stops him, "YOU!"

"Kill me off later. I need to fix this. I didn't mean to hurt Kyungsoo."

"He didn't mean anything to you anyway." Minseok glares and Jongin shakes his head, "No. You're wrong."

Luhan sighs, "Then fix it up already."

Jongin nods and runs out of the building. He heads to the soccer field where he asked Taemin to meet him. When he got there, his ex-boyfriend is already there.

"Been a long time, Jongin." Taemin greets him, Jongin just sits on the grass across the older, he takes a deep breath before asking, "Why did you cheat on me?"

Taemin sighs, "Ok. Pleasantries aside, then."

"I never got to ask you. I just let the whole incident go, I even forgave you even if you didn't ask for it. Was I a bad boyfriend? Was it me?"

Taemin shakes his head, "No. It was just... Minho and I just happened. You were back home, I was here. We didn't have enough time together and we were young. You didn't do anything wrong, we just fell apart. The time and distance didn't work for us that time."

Jongin sighs, "You know... I thought meeting you today, I'd be angry, I'd hate you but I don't. I don't feel anything. I don't even know why I was still hung up on us when sitting with you now, I just... There's nothing."

Taemin smiles, "I was just waiting for you to confront me, Jongin."

"I guess, I just wanted to hear something from you. I wanted to know if I did something wrong and that maybe I need to fix something about myself."

"You were an awesome boyfriend. You took care of me and you're gonna be okay."

Jongin doesn't say anything, Taemin continues, "You like someone."

"Maybe I do." Jongin sighs, "I do. And I hurt him because I was confused. I was scared it's gonna end up like ours did."

"You go and get him, Jongin. I'm happy, and I want you to be, too." Taemin pats him on the shoulder. Jongin nods, "I can finally genuinely say that it was nice seeing you today."

Taemin stands, Jongin follows and he hugs his ex-boyfriend, "I'll see you around, Taemin." The older boy chuckles, "Let me meet him, okay?"

"If he forgives me."

"He will."

-----

They don't see each other for days. Kyungsoo tries to avoid him while Jongin thinks of ways to make it better for the both of them.

It's Thursday afternoon when Kyungsoo enters the SC office to find a Snickers bar on his desk. There's note under it.

'I'm sorry. Let's start over again? This time I don't want to be just your friend. I really hope you're waiting for me.'

There's a knock on the door and Jongin is standing by the doorframe. Kyungsoo smiles and takes the Snickers bar, "You returned this 12 years too late."

Jongin scratches the back of his neck, "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean a lot of things I did before, but I mean what I wrote." The younger steps forward, "I talked to my ex. I guess I'm just a little confused and I'm happy to know that I'm not in love with him anymore."

Kyungsoo nods, he doesn't say anything but Jongin is okay with that as long as there's a smile on the older's face. "Sehun told me you got sick too. I'm sorry." Jongin removes his hand from his back, and hands him a bouquet of flowers. Kyungsoo's eyes widen and he starts sneezing, "Get that away from me!!!"

"Okay! Okay!!!" Jongin panics and runs out of the room, he returns immediately without the flowers. Kyungsoo is still sneezing, he sniffles before speaking, "I'm allergic to pollen."

"You're really adorable."

"This is the 2nd time you're gonna make me sick." Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow and wipes his nose with a hanky, Jongin crosses his arms and leans against Yifan's desk, "So, ba---"

"Don't you even dare." Kyungsoo glares. Jongin chuckles, "Sorry. Old habits die hard, Kyungsoo."

They stay silent and stare at each other. Jongin sighs and pushes himself off Yifan's desk. He leans over Kyungsoo's desk so he's face to face to the older's. "You haven't answered my question."

The shorter boy bites his lower lip, "Well, I guess we can."

"Do you like me?" Jongin asks, Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "I'll take that as a yes. Can we skip to the part where I kiss you again, and you don't run away this time?" The younger asks with a smirk. Kyungsoo flicks his forehead before grabbing the other boy by the collar and kisses him.

The older cuts the kiss when he runs out of air, "Don't ever call me babe. Ever again."

"Yes, dear."

"Not that, too."

"Okay. I'm sorry."

"And stop apologizing. We won't move on if you keep apologizing. But... Let me apologize too. I jumped to conclusions but you were a douche and I just..." Kyungsoo gets cut off by a chaste kiss, "Stop apologizing Kyungsoo. We're starting over, right?"

Jongin holds out his hand and the older takes it, "Let's grab something to eat. I'm hungry and I need to know more about you. Are there any more allergies I need to know about? I might kill you one day by mistake."

Kyungsoo laughs and hits Jongin's arm, "You're funny. No, aside from flowers, I'm not allergic to anything else."

"Great. It saves me from buying you those for anniversaries and stuff."

"Cheapskate!"

They're walking by the corridor when they run into Yixing. The Chinese jogs up to Jongin, "Hey. I have to talk to you."

"What is it?" Jongin asks, Kyungsoo just keeps silent.

"Well, Minseok's..."

"THERE YOU ARE!!! Kim Jongin! How dare you!?" Minseok screams a few distance from them and marches forward, Kyungsoo couldn't help but hide behind Jongin. Yixing sighs, "That. He's not too happy about me joining the dance club."

"You aren't leaving so what's his problem?" Jongin asks and then faces Minseok who's already next to Yixing, "What's your problem?"

"I need him, and you can't have him." Minseok frowns. His eyes widen when he finds Kyungsoo behind Jongin with their hands locked together. "YOU CAN'T HAVE KYUNGSOO EITHER!"

"Well, him, I got already." Jongin wraps his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder, "And Yixing," the dancer starts and then grabs the Chinese's arm, "He's gonna be in my club now so go away."

"No." Minseok takes Yixing's other arm, "Mine. You club member thief!"

The two club presidents plays a human tug-o-war despite Yixing's protests. Kyungsoo tries to stop his bestfriend and boyfriend from splitting Yixing in half but to no avail.

FLASH!

Minseok and Jongin stops by the sudden flash. Yixing grunts then shake both hands from his arms, "YAH! KIM JOONMYUN!!!" The Chinese yells, Joonmyun takes a step back and when Yixing takes a step forward, Joonmyun runs.

"YAH!!! Come back here!" Yixing yells and chases after the photographer.

Minseok eyes Jongin from head to toe, "This isn't over. I'm not just gonna hand over Yixing to you." The older sighs, "For Kyungsoo though..."

"What about him?"

"You make him cry again, I will cut your balls personally no matter how gross it will be." Minseok threatens and Jongin just smiles, "You don't have to worry."

Kyungsoo clears his throat, "Uhm, are we done here? I'm hungry."

Jongin and Minseok laugh, and the new couple wave him goodbye.

 

----------------------

 

Author's Notes: This fic is just too ambitious and is getting too hard to write. I had to go back to the previous three chapters just to know when and where the characters are. THIS IS A MONSTROUS CHAPTER OF 11k+ words and probably just word vomit. I am so sorry. I'm sure the next chapters will be shorter since the other 3 pairs are a little detached from the TaoRis, HunHan and Kaisoo. I'll update "So, We're Kind of a Little Clichéd too" next. I'm just gonna breathe. 

Oh. The song this chapter is inspired to is this.

Enjoy reading. <3