Pink Converse

Friends Or Foes; The Choice Is Yours

Omgosh, sorry for the late update. I'd be lying if I said I was busy. I was just being a lazy bum XP Please pardon my laziness~

 

~*~

Taemin stirred, his eyebrows furrowing. He swears he feels something poking his cheek..

There was a quiet giggle then, the assault proceeding.

He fluttered his eyes open, the same time Kibum's snaps shut, his body stiffening in the process. He was rolling his eyes wholeheartedly when his fuzzy eyes lands on the blond. Just who does he think he's fooling?

It's not long before Kibum's eyelids are furiously twitching and his lips are quirking into a smile.

"Poke me then pretend to be asleep. It's like you're thirteen again." Taemin finally spoke up, voice rough from sleep—Kibum couldn't help but find it somewhat y, his cheeks flushing.

"At your age, you still continue to do such childish antics.." the younger pester, chuckling as Kibum's lips fall into a pout, his eyes opening once again. He was glaring the moment his eyes catches Taemin's, before the brunet is smiling and he's just melting inside. .

The younger sat up, his hand instinctively reaching over to grab at Kibum's.

"Is your...back ok?" He ask quietly, an apparent tint to his cheeks. Kibum flushed, his eyes widening as he spluttered nonsensical blubbers embarrassingly.

"S-shut up!" He exclaims once he got control over his words, glaring at the brunette. Taemin chuckled, the blond jerking his hand out if his grip to help himself sit up, wincing at the pain it took to do so. The moment he sat up he was childishly grabbing at the duvet to wrap it around his exposed body—leaving the younger stark beside him.

"L-last night never happened." He says sternly, rushing away to the bathroom—a noticeable limp to his movements.

Taemin watched after him with a pout. He can't say he didn't expect this outcome.

It's a minute later that Kibum is appearing back into his view, this time a towel wrapped around his waist in place of the bed sheet. His hair is a tousle mess and his pale skin is decorated by small reddish spots.

Taemin smile,

He couldn't look any more beautiful.

Kibum eyed him a second before darting his eyes around the room,

"Wait, where's Jjong?" He asked.

Taemin felt his stomach drop, his smile wavering till it's falling completely.

"He's not here." He says the obvious,  looking away from the blond.

Kibum rolled his eyes,

"I can see that. Do you know where he went?" He ask, drawing closer towards the bed.

Taemin stiffen noticeably, already breaking out in cold sweats.

"He left last night." He says, fist clenching shakily.

Without saying a word he just got up and left.

Right after I told him my true feelings. His mind reminds cruelly.

Of course it wasn't exactly that moment. No, he waited for a awhile. Waited till Taemin turn his back to him and pretend to be asleep before he snuck out.

With the soft click of the door, Taemin could only ignore the aching feeling in his chest, shift closer to his sleeping friend and force himself to sleep. In the middle of the night, he's unaware of his stroll away tears.

"Oh." Kibum says after a minute.

"Wonder where he went." He muses under his breath once he got in front of him.

Taemin manage a brief smile before his mind is drifting elsewhere, racing all the while.

Kibum stared at the brunette, his brows furrowing a bit at the other's expression. Something he translates as being troubled or... sad.

"You okay?" He decides to ask, Taemin's head snapping to blink confusingly at him.

"Ah—yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking." He smiled reassuringly. Kibum nod a bit before shifting his weight,

"Hey," he start, Taemin staring up at him curiously.

"After I...crashed out, did you guys, you know, continue?" He ask with a crooked smile, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

Taemin let out a chuckle, his trembling hand gripping the sheet under him.

"Of course not." He lies smoothly, Kibum letting out a quiet sigh.

"We were too busy laughing at the fact that you passed out to even remember continuing." He continues on, laughing then, though, dry and tasteless.

Kibum sneered,

"I did not pass out, I just merely fell asleep!" He defend with a blush, glaring at the brunette.

"You weren't that good." He muttered, Taemin chuckling with a smirk. And yet he clearly remembered him whining and whimpering in pleasure.

Kibum caught the action and scoffed loudly, his face burning.

"R-remember; last night never happened!" He exclaimed before rushing back into the bathroom.

Taemin could only watch him go with a laugh.

~*~

Honestly, when Taemin had imagined finally crossing the line with Kibum, he never imagined it quite like this.

Sure he expected the blond man to be a bit sulky for getting topped by him, he expected things to get a bit awkward. What he doesn't expect is the other actually being angry with him.

So as he looked back at his friend, that shied away to the other corner of the couch, away from him, he could only pout in hurt.

"Kibum." He called out, the latter turning away from him.

"Are you–"

"Last night never happened!" Kibum exclaims for the umpteenth time since this morning.

Taemin sighs quietly, watching him scurried off the couch.

"Kibum." He tried again, voice pleading. Kibum shook his head frantically, his hands coming up to cover his ears.

"Noo..!" He cried out, trying to block out the other's words. Taemin frown a bit, deciding not to pester on.

Kibum eventually stopped when he finally realized Taemin wasn't even paying him anymore attention. He took his seat back on the couch, chancing a glance at the other.

"Is it really okay not to go to school? It's still not that late, you could make your last class if you leave right now." He says softly.

Taemin stared over at him, his shoulders slumping in self defeat.

"I'm leaving." He says curtly, snappily, standing up.

Kibum gasp, jolting up to grab at the younger's arm, stopping him before he could walk away.

"Y-yah–I didn't mean-"

"You're obviously going to continue acting like this so I'm just going to go home." He carefully pull his arm out of the other's grasp.

"Call me when you get over it." He says over his shoulder as he walks towards the door, leaving Kibum to stare stunned after him.

~

Taemin sighed, pulling out of the taxi.

He's being ridiculous, he knows. He just practically took his anger out on the blond—the obvious wrong person. But he can't help it. He's feeling hurt and all he wants to do is crawl into his bed and sleep for a week or so. And Kibum was just making things worse by acting like that.

It's stupid that he's even acting like this. They're not even technically together, so it shouldn't matter that the older man rejected him like that. They had made a very clear and understanding agreement that what they will get involve in will solely be based on pleasure and nothing more. And the moment one feels differently, they will have to end it.

He guesses that's what happened, considering the elder didn't pick up the three calls he had made to him. Or reply to the five messages he sent him...

He should've ended it, that very night of the first quiet 'I love you'. How could he let his feelings reach this level?

Where he's pathetically sobbing like a child in the damn streets.

Just how could he let things turn out this way? He had been so sure this would be easy. He thought it'd be just like all the relationships he has had. It'd be just for and nothing more.

So what went wrong that he'll end up falling for Jonghyun? How dare he think he could fall for the latter? How dare he even thinks he could be with him––when he was Kibum's boyfriend, for Christ sake!

It's fifteen minutes later of mindlessly crying that he came to the conclusion that he's stupid. No, he's an idiot. Both for thinking he could date Jonghyun and fall for him.

As he dust off the back of his pants, he cracked a smile and set on getting home. It's about two minutes away, that's why he's so embarrassed to know that he couldn't even wait that long before breaking down.

ing pathetic.

He drag his feet as he look ahead to see his house, then he's stopping dead on his track and his stomach is dropping at the sight of the slick black Sedan that parked its way in front of it.

"." He cussed lowly, running a frustrated hand through his hair.

Great, just what he needs.

It's as if the car has a sensor because before he can turn and ing flee, the shiny painted car was drawing towards him.

And all he could do then is begrudgingly slid in once it got close, instantly glaring daggers at the driver.

"Young–"

"Just drive." He snapped, rolling down his window to let cool air into the stuffy car.

~

His composure doesn't stiffen till he's entering the mansion like house and walking down the hallway, having people bow in his presence.

He hates this place. He hates how damn suffocating it is. But he especially hated having to be in the same room as them.

Bowing a bit, he scowls at the tense atmosphere as he took his regular seat at the single settee opposite from the rest. Sighing and preparing himself, he aimlessly tap at his leg as three set of beady eyes bore into him.

He finally looked up, taking in the people in front of him. He almost roll his eyes as he's instantly met with a nasty glare from his so called grandmother; an indifferent expression from his father; a bright warm smile from his stepmother--he's sure he hates her face the most.

There was a shift from the young-looking woman, her hands coming to set on her lap.

"Welcome Taemin-ah. How have you been?" She ask, her voice as genuine as her smile. But he just can't help hating it. Hate her whole being altogether.

He stared back at her for a dreading moment before sighing,

"Good." He replies flatly, uninterestingly, making sure to clearly show his distaste on his face. The woman sees it. Always does. But as usual, she beams at him nonetheless, as if it doesn't faze her.

"That's great, sweetie." She says sweetly, Taemin cringing at the nickname noticeably. He says nothing this time around, letting his eyes fall from hers. He hates that she's so nice. It's just so unnatural.

There was a dry cough then and Taemin is rolling his eyes with a quiet groan, the person speaking,

"How many times have I told you to come here dress in something proper? If someone doesn't know what family you were from they would think you were some beggar off the streets." The voice scold, Taemin not even looking up to know it's from the obnoxiously dress elder woman across from him. His grandmother.

He sighed,

"I never ask to be here, did I? And I’m in a t-shirt and some jeans, there's nothing wrong with my clothes. It's simple and I feel comfortable in them, not that you would ever know what that's like." He said, looking up and smiling, the elder woman scoffing at him.

"This is what happens when we accept in a child from a–"

"Mother." A deep voice interrupts, the woman shutting with a glare.

Taemin laugh, dry and humorless,

"No, let her finish. It's not like I haven't heard any of it before. In fact, I crave to hear them. So, dear grandmother, please continue." He grinned menacingly-like over at the elder woman.

"A child from a what?" He pester on, voice calm with a hint of sneer.

"Grandmother, you should always remember to finish your sentences."

There was a sigh then from the quiet man, his hands coming up to entwined in a tight lock, the woman by his side stiffening a bit.

"Taemin, don't talk to your grandmother like that." His deep voice scold softly and Taemin is left to roll his eyes for all of them to see.

"You bring this on yourself every time you summoned me here. When are you people going to get it? I hate being here. I hate seeing you people. If there was a way I could change the blood that runs through my veins I would've done it long ago because that's just how much I hate being a part of this family–"

"Taemin!" The man shouts, his voice booming throughout the open room. The two women jumped in surprise but Taemin doesn't even flinch. It's a daily occurrence, he's used to it by now.

"Yes, dear father?" That's why he can't help but tease every time.

The man sighed once again, Taemin snickering.

"I called you here so I could inform you that your brother will be returning in exactly a month. We're to hold a welcoming dinner for him and you are to attend. No excuses whatsoever." The man said, voice soft with finality.

Taemin couldn't help the small smile that tug at his lips. Finally, someone he can stand.

"The day before his arrival you will stay the night–"

"No way in hell."

"–and you will be the one retrieving him from the airport." The man continue as if Taemin had never interrupted.

Taemin shift forward in his seat,

"I said no way in hell." He repeats.

"I'd rather die than sleep in this house even for a second." He spat.

The older man stared back at him,

"It's a chance for you two to be seen together–"

"I don't want us to be seen together."

"–you are also my son–"

"I don’t want to be your son!"

"–and I want the acknowledgement and respect that is given to your brother to be given to you also." The man finishes, ignoring all the interruptions caused by the brunet.

"It's time for you to stop keeping yourself out of the family's spotlight–"

"I'm an illegitimate child. I'm not part of your family, stop trying to include me into it!" Taemin exasperate, groaning loudly. He stared back at his father,

"Not only am I an illegitimate child, I'm also gay. Openly gay, too. Do you really want people to know you have a ed up son? Huh, father, do you?"

There was a flash of something in the man's eyes that had Taemin gulping back a lump in his throat, hands balling at his side.  

"Your ual orientation does not change the fact that you are my son and will always be my son. I don't favour your lifestyle but I also don't disapprove of it–"

"It's not a damn lifestyle!" Taemin shouts, his balled up fists twitching at his sides.

There was a silent moment where the man just stared at him, eyes penetrating his soul, before he's talking again,

"That was my mistake, please forgive me." He apologies.

Taemin shook his head,

"I won't because it wasn't a mistake. How many times are we going to go through this argument before you people finally get it? I am a proud and openly gay man and if you guys can't handle that then you can very well drop me from your perfect family tree. I don't want to be in it, anyway."

"I said I was sorry, what else do you want me to do?!" The man exclaimed, Taemin flinching back slightly. It's always rare for him to raise his voice like this.

"I'm trying so hard to please you but all you ever do is reject me. Taemin, just what the hell can I do for you to stop hating me? Huh, what?–"

"My mother." He muttered loud enough to be heard clearly. The man shut his mouth as the room fall into a stifling silence.

Taemin stared back at him, his eyes darkened with repressed anger.

"Bring back my mother and I'll stop hating you. Until then.." He got up.

"Taemin." The man spoke up softly, standing up to face him.

"Taemin." He called out once again, hesitantly walking towards the younger.

"Son—"

Taemin scoffed in resent, the term sitting the wrong way. The man ignored that as he reached out his hand, only to awkwardly withdraw it when it got glared at.

"You're the last person in the world I want comfort from." Taemin sneered, pulling back. The man stayed footed, hurt apparent on his face. Their non-existing relationship seem to worsen with every encounter. But he's going to continue trying. He's going to continue trying till he can finally have a normal one minute conversation with him. Because he's his son and he loves him.

And he's really, really sorry.

"I'll go pick him up but I will not stay the night. If that's not enough for you then I guess I will not be attending." Taemin spoke up after a minute, straightening out his shirt.

He looked back at the people in front of him,

"Permission to bring Kibum along." He ask, the question mostly aimed at his father.

"Permission granted." The eldest woman replied instead. He nod with a crooked smile,

"Great. Then.." he let his words hang in air as he make his move to leave.

"I'll be on my way." He bowed slightly, brushing past his father. The man could only nod in response.

He turn to the women on the couch,

"Goodbye." He said softly, once again giving a curt bow before turning on his heels and walking towards the exit.

The moment he was outside, he was practically running into the car for an escape. He groan loudly, his hands coming up to messily tousle his hair in frustration. , he can't stand them.

There was a quiet hum from the front and he's looking up to catch the driver's eyes.

"What?" He snapped. The man in the driver's seat shift a bit before talking,

"Uh, well, sir, y-you forgot your phone in the car and there was several incoming calls." He said softly, almost in fear.

Taemin's features instantly soften as he quickly reach out for his phone, his heart racing. He sighed out in slight disappointment when he noticed all seven missed calls were from Kibum. It's not that he's not happy the blond man called—considering the term he parted with him—he was just hoping it was Jonghyun, instead...

Nonetheless, he wasted no time before calling him back. It was picked up on the first ring, Kibum's panicking voice invading his ear on instant,

"T-Taemin! I'm so, so sorry. I was being over dramatic and stupid and I'm really sorry. I don't want you to stay mad at me any longer so please forgive me!" The latter rambled on in one breath. Taemin chuckled quietly,

"Pabo, what are you apologizing for? I'm the one in wrong. Kibum, I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have acted like that."

"No, you had every right to. It's just..." he trailed off, sighing, Taemin listening back intently. It's just...what? He thought.

There was a bit of a shuffle on the other end, Kibum speaking again,

"I came over to apologize but you're not here, where are you right now?" He ask. Taemin sighed longingly,

"Driving back from the mansion." He said sourly.

"What? What happened? Are you okay? Did they—!" Kibum was back to panicking now and it honestly had Taemin cracking a smile. A genuine smile.

"Bummie, breathe." He teased, the man on the other end practically hyperventilating in worry.

"I'll tell you all about it when I reach home. I'm like five minutes away." He told him, chuckling as Kibum drew in a breath to calm himself.

"O-okay. I'll be here waiting then."

Taemin hummed, then a silence is taking over them, neither wanting to end the conversation despite having nothing to say. It never gets awkward but it's a bit silly to have something like that as a reason to stay on the phone for so long.

"You still there?" Kibum ask, his voice a whisper.

"Yup." Taemin smiled, looking out the window.

"I'm here and I think... I see you.." His voice trailed off, his eyes landing on a figure hunched over a pot of dead flowers.

"What are you doing?" He ask suspiciously.

"Nothing!" Kibum exclaimed, jumping up from where he squat to turn excitedly towards the car as they pull into the driveway. He was grinning the moment the car came to a gentle stop.

"I see you!" He says through the receiver, waving. Taemin laughed, bowing a bit to his driver before exiting the car.

"I see you, too, Kibum." He says teasingly, though fondly before hanging up the phone and walking towards him.

"Why are you waiting outside?" He ask once he finally reach him. Kibum shrug lightly, his grin dropping a bit.

"Well, you left really mad so I didn't think you would want to see me. I was hoping to ease down your anger through the phone a bit before going in and smoothing it all out with a hug. But turns out you weren't even home." He chuckled, staring back at the younger with a cheeky smile.

Taemin hum in understanding, a smile cracking his face in half as he try to surpass a bubbling laugh.

"Kibum?" He call, his friend looking back at with such innocence.

"Hm?"

"Why are you still talking into the phone?" He cocked his head to the side with a smirk. It's needless to say his friend looks silly talking through the phone while he was standing right in front of him.

Kibum stared blankly at him for a moment, as if taking in the sight of him, before he's scowling, pulling his phone away to gasp down at it,

"Yah, how could you hang up on me?!" He whined with a pout. Taemin couldn't help the hysterical laugh that rake through his body, his mood appreciably lifted. He swears only Kibum could get such a fast reaction from him.

~

He honestly doesn't remember the last time he has laughed so genuinely hard in front of his best friend. Ever since he started being like that with Jonghyun, it had became so hard to be normal around Kibum. If he laughs, it's always forced and fake. If he smiles, it's always half-assed and framed with guilt. Needless to say, getting with Jonghyun, as stress-releaser, has brought nothing but stress to his life.

Giggling as he leaned back against the closed door, he closes his eyes as Kibum thumbs away his tears.

"Thanks." He whispers, his eyes fluttering open to stare right at Kibum's. The beauty before him was seriously an extraordinary sight.

"So, what was it about this time?" He ask, referring to his visit the family's house.

He sighed,

"The usual but with a twist."

Kibum stared at him curiously, silently urging him to elaborate further.

"They said Hyung is returning back in a month." Taemin grinned happily. Kibum's eyes widened a bit at the news.

"Seriously? That's awesome!" He exclaims, Taemin nodding in equal excitement.

"Yeah, and they're going to have this big welcoming party that you're unfortunately accompanying me to." He smacks his lips together in distaste. He loves the idea of seeing his brother again after four years but he wished the rest of the family wouldn't be present when he does.

Kibum smooth down his hair in a soothing manner.

"I'll love to go with you. Anything else happened?" He eyed him a bit. The brunette sighed dejectedly. Kibum always sense it.

"Got into it a bit about my 'lifestyle' and about...mom." He whispered the last part, feeling himself tense.

Kibum hum quietly for a moment before leaning forward and pressing a soft kiss to the younger's forehead. Taemin sighed contently, feeling all his worries vanishes even if for a brief moment.

"Thank you, Kibum. I seriously don't know what I'll do without you." He says honestly, his eyes welling up a bit. He has been nothing but a saint to him and he does something so despicable in return. He's honestly the worst of the worst.

Kibum chuckled once he pulled away to face him.

"You've been so mushy lately. I don't know how I feel about it..." He says, narrowing his eyes at him playfully and thankfully shifting the topic along.

"Are you hiding something?" He asked teasingly.

Taemin's mouth goes dry at that, his palms sweating but he manages to hide it all behind a smile.

"What, you don't like me being mushy? You do it all the time." He pursed his lips into a pout. Kibum scoffs at that,

"Exactly, I do it, you don't. Ever." He remind, pulling away and grabbing his hand to drag him towards the kitchen. Neither has properly ate all day. He's sure the two slice of bread this morning has already been digested and long forgotten.

Taemin lets himself be dragged,

"So you won't believe me if one day I suddenly confess my love to you?" He asks in a serious tone. Kibum laughed, ignoring the slight jump to his heart. He pushes the brunet towards a barstool, walking up to the refrigerator and drawing it open.

"Of course not. That'll just be weird. We're like brothers." He made a sound that slightly resemble a sound of disgust and Taemin frowns at it.

"Brothers don't do what we did last night, Kibum. And you never know what lies in the future, we might even end up together one day." He says a bit casually, shrugging his shoulders.

Kibum bit his bottom lip as he pulls out the two days old leftover kimchi they purchase, setting it on the kitchen island before chancing a glance at his friend.

"True. But that's highly unlikely, if it was so, we would've been together by now, don't you think?" He smiled crookedly at him, Taemin nodding in agreement.

“And, plus, I would never date a guy prettier than me.” He says matter-of-factly, flipping his bleach blond hair with fluid motion for extra effect before sticking his tongue out at him. Taemin laughed, though silently disagreeing with the older. He thinks Kibum is far more prettier than him.

~*~

Getting through the rest of the day was hard but with the companion of his best friend, Taemin found his mind clear of all worrisome thoughts. They had ended up spending their time just idling around, Kibum every so often smiling and giggling at something someone texted him. Though he was suspicious of the latter’s actions, he couldn’t bring himself to ask. Kibum would tell him eventually, anyway. But he thinks he already has a clue. Because there were signs. There are always signs before the storm.

They were lying on his bed, laptop perched up in front them, streaming some random romantic flick, when Kibum suddenly turned to him,

"His name is Minho." He says, shoving his phone in his face, displaying their chat thread and a little thumbnail picture of the said man. Taemin doesn't get a very good look at it before Kibum is snatching his phone back to proceed their conversation.

"Okay." Was all he could muster.

"Yeah. He's really hot." Kibum muttered, silence taking over them once again.

Kibum left his place at around midnight, talking about how he had to go meet a “friend” and once again Taemin doesn’t question him. He just let him go with a smile, reminding him to call him before he goes to bed, like they do every night.

Kibum doesn't cheat, he befriends potential boyfriends. The moment he thinks he needs a new one.

~

The next morning, a beautiful Saturday morning, he is awakened by Kibum’s loud call of his name and a heartless tug of his blanket off his body. He cursed himself for ever giving him a spare key but couldn’t stay mad at him any second longer when he saw the freshly made breakfast on his kitchen table.

The blond man hadn’t stayed long, watching him eat for a while before declaring he has to go and meet someone. He kissed him on the forehead before running out the door, exclaiming how he had the biggest surprise for him. And just like before, he never questioned him.

It was around two in the afternoon that Kibum texted him to go over, dressed in something pretty. He had eyed the message suspiciously for a minute before just shrugging and getting himself ready. Clad in what he thought was pretty; a blue washed out skinny jeans and a white t-shirt, he left his house for Kibum's.

He was halfway there when his phone is vibrating in his hand, a much too familiar name blinking through.

Jonghyun^^

He gasped out, watching the name flash with no sense of regret, his heart hammering against his chest. He stared at it for a dreading minute, debating whether he should pick it up or not, his hand twitching in temptation.

Yesterday, this was what he wanted. But that was yesterday. The elder had ignored him like what he had done meant nothing. He had laid everything on the table when he had decide to confess. He had gone against all what he believed to let him know what he truly felt. So, how dare him treat him like that? How dare he belittle him like that?  

As he flipped over the phone, letting it cruelly blank out, the call immediately rejected, he decide he won’t let the older man get to him. He’s on his way to his best friend and he won’t let anything distract his attention away from Kibum. And he definitely won’t let what happened yesterday morning happen again.

When he finally got there, though, he really didn’t expect Jonghyun to be there also, smiling at him like he hadn’t done anything wrong.

He didn’t let himself falter any longer where he stood before pulling off his shoes and walking inside, ignoring the latter’s friendly greeting.

For all that’s worth right now, Jonghyun could just go himself.

“Kibum?” He called out, directing himself towards the said man’s bedroom, Jonghyun somewhere behind him, hurt.

He met his friend in his bedroom, phone pressed against his ear as he rambled on about something that sounded urgent. Not wanting to disturb him, he quietly crept behind him before pressing his forehead against his back with a sigh. Despite his effort, Kibum jumped with a squeak, spinning around in surprise.

He was smiling the moment his eyes landed on the younger, eyes softening considerably.

“You’re here.” He whispered, engaging him into a one arm hug. Taemin smiled, wrapping his arms around him and returning the hug.  

“Hm. Who are you talking to?” He asked once they pulled away, Kibum suddenly shifting back as he continue his hushed conversation. He shook his head with a devious smirk, hurriedly saying his goodbye to the person on the other end of his receiver and hanging up. That only fueled Taemin’s curiosity more, taking small threatening steps towards his best friend.

“What are you up to?” He ask dubiously, narrowing his eyes at him. Kibum grin, shrugging innocently.

“Nothing.” He states, not one bit convincing. Taemin laughed,

“You’ve always been a bad liar so just spill it.” He pester, poking him in the ribs. Kibum jump with a giggle, pulling away to make his escape.

“I have to go out for a moment. I’ll be right back!" He yelled out over his shoulders as he ran out the door with a laugh. Taemin gasped, following after him,

"Kibum!" He called out just in time to watch the blond man disappear around the corner and the door slam shut. He laughed out, completely lost for words. This has got to be Kibum's new level of ridiculousness.

He doesn't realize the situation he's in until he's walking back to the living room and Jonghyun is sitting right there waiting for him. He's instantly tensing at the sight of him, avoiding his gaze at all cost.

"Taemin-"

"Don't." He cut, voice barely over a whisper before he's turning around around and walking back into Kibum's bedroom. Jonghyun sighed, picking up his feet and following after him. He caught the door before the younger could slam it in his face.

"I was surprise, okay? We made a very clear rule that I thought we both understood. That's why I agreed to this whole thing in the first place!" He exasperate, grabbing a hold of Taemin's arm and jerking him back to a halt.

"I know—"

"Let go." Taemin growl lowly, his voice quaking. Jonghyun felt a pang in his chest as he withdraw his hand slowly, taking a step back also while he was at it.

"I know how I reacted wasn't the best and I'm really sorry about it-"

"You ran away." The younger reminded him, his voice cold and unforgiving, finally turning to face him. And honestly, if eyes could kill, Jonghyun would've been dead right on the spot.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just didn't know what to say!" Jonghyun cried out, looking hopelessly back at him. His eyes caught Taemin's and he's shuddering in scare. Of all the times he has seen him mad this was by far the most scariest. The amount of heated hate that is penetrated from his eyes could very well light him on fire.

 

"T-Taemin, come on, I'm sorry. Please.." He was groveling now, pathetically, too, having no other idea of what to do. He reached forward, only to have Taemin pull back, tears already starting to spill.

Jonghyun had to bite the inside of cheeks to keep back his own tears, watching tears stream down the brunette's cheeks being too much for him to handle. This was the first time he's seeing him cry and it's painfully pulling at every nerve in his heart.

"Tae-"

"I regretted it." Taemin chokes out, his hands coming up to cover his eyes.

"T-that night—everything." He sobbed, his crying getting louder. Jonghyun rushed to his side, panic striking his features as he grab the younger's hand away from his face.

"Taemin, come on, please don't say that-"

"I-I wish it had never happened—" Taemin continued to bawl, Jonghyun trying his hardest to coax him best he could.

It's understandable when both are oblivious to the faint footsteps that retreats back, a much too familiar blond hair swishing through the wind as shocking pink converse pick up their speed and disappeared around the corner.  

~*~

Hmm... I found this chappie a bit boring, I don't kno why, considering some really interesting things happened. Did u? 
Anywhoo... I clued u guys in a bit about Taemin's life/family. Did u guys enjoy it? Was it interesting? (Doesn't it remind u guys a bit of K-dramas?? XD)There's a back story, wait for it :D eheh
I also introduced some new characters; Tae's older bro (that has a Lee last name, winkwink), his family, Minho... :) 
Anyway, that's all. 
See you guys soon!!! <3333
Thanks for reading!!!!! :D