Birthday

Friends Or Foes; The Choice Is Yours

 

*Warning: bad words. Lol idk

~*~

Taemin grab the picture frame and turn it away, a little too roughly because it fell face first soon after. He jumped in surprise then sighed when he notice it wasn't broken.

It was a picture of Kibum. A smiling picture of Kibum. A smiling picture of Kibum that makes him feel guilty, as he should feel.

It's really not something he planned. He would never plan something like that. It just kind of happened and he can't stop. Well more like he doesn't want to.

He loves Kibum and deliberately doing something like this to him, he will never. But yet he's clearly doing it..

"He's not cheating. There's really nothing between us." He told the fallen picture.

Lying to a picture again.

He bit his lip, the guilt somehow multiplying.

"I-I.. I didn't mean to.." he cried out quietly, pulling away from the picture.

"It just kind of happened." He confessed.
 

~Flashback~

"Happy birthday Taemin-ah!" Kibum slurred out over the loud music, throwing his arms over his best friend. Taemin laugh, thanking him for the hundredth time. He tried not to grimace as the blond pull away to sloppily kiss him on the cheek. He's not particularly drunk, just tipsy. It took about three bottles of beer to get him this way. It's honestly pathetic how light weight his best friend is.

"You're finally as old as me! Welcome!" He exclaimed, spinning around and falling backwards but luckily someone was right there to catch him.

"Oh god, Kibum, be careful." The person scold softly setting the latter on his feet. Kibum jumped at the voice but then grinned when he looked back to see who it was.

Jonghyun smiled at him.

"Jjongie! You're here!" Kibum exclaimed, throwing his arms over the latter's shoulders and pulling him in for a tight hug. The hug was returned with a content sigh.

"Yes, and you're already drunk." Jonghyun chuckled, Kibum pulling away to scowl at him.

"Am not." He retort, voice going a bit loud and slurring a bit. Jonghyun laughed lightly at his boyfriend's cuteness, not being able to resist kissing his cheeks. Kibum smiled, his cheeks heating up. He leaned towards Jonghyun's ear,

"Dance with me." He whispered before pulling away and looking hopefully at Jonghyun. The latter smiled, nodding his head. Kibum beamed, taking a hold of his boyfriend's hand and pulling towards the dance floor, where the rest of the guest were, save some who were at the bar.

Taemin watched the couple go, laughing lightly when Kibum will stagger and almost fall to ground on the way.

He watches all his friends dance and cheer, having a blast. It's not that he isn't having a fun time, he's having loads of fun. He has had his fair share of dance and alcohol, he's actually waiting to get a little sober up. He's just suddenly in a funk. He guesses it had something to do with everyone having a date and all, except him. Now he's realizing... it probably wasn't such a good idea to break up with his boyfriend a week before his birthday.. But oh well. It's not like he can take it back—actually he can. He's just not going to.

His eyes travel back to his dancing friend and his boyfriend. Jonghyun held him close as they move to the beat of the music.

He's surprise that's all they're doing. Knowing Kibum, he'll usually be all over the place by now.

Taemin smiled softly, taking a sip of his cold and sweet beverage.

All of this is happening because of Kibum. He was planning to have a little get together with few of his close friends but Kibum thought it was ridiculous and before Taemin knew it, he had a club booked and everyone he has ever talked to was being invited to his party. He's not complaining or anything, god forbid no, he's having the time of his life. He's very thankful towards his best friend. But how Kibum got all this prepared in just a short time still puzzles him. Let's just say the blond knows people that knows people that owns popular clubs.

"Hey!"

Taemin jumped a bit, startled at the sudden voice. He looked up to find a smiling Jonghyun.

"Hey." He smiled back softly. Jonghyun took the vacant sit beside him with a sigh. Taemin gaze flickered to the dance floor and laughed. Kibum was, how he's supposed to be, all over the place. He seem to be dancing with multiple of people (mostly guys) and he looks more drunk than he was less than thirty minutes ago.

"What happened?" He asked, voice raised so Jonghyun could hear him, turning towards him.

Jonghyun ran his hand through his hair and smiled cheekily, leaning forward,

"I accidently gave him vodka and then I couldn't get him to stop. He got out of control and left me at the bar. The rest, you can see for yourself."

Taemin laughed some more, watching the blond throw his arms up and shout incoherence cheers, the pepped up crowd following his lead and doing the same.

"This all happened in just a couple of minutes?"

Jonghyun nod, not being able to help the laugh that's forcing its way out. His boyfriend could party all night but he has a limit.

"So, what's up with you? Why aren't you dancing and instead looking so down?" He asked when their laughter died down. Taemin bit his lip, shrugging his shoulders and looking away shyly.

Since the first time he had met the latter, there was never a second where his troubles aren't being observed by him. Jonghyun seem to be the only one that can see through his facades. Kibum still has troubles doing so.

Jonghyun scoot closer, his hand slipping to the brunette's thigh. Taemin didn't seem to even mind. He has already learned about the latter's habit of being a little too touchy. When it first started he thought he was being a slimeball and trying to hit on him. He was even ready to tell Kibum about it, but then when he saw Jonghyun doing the same to everyone else and Kibum didn't seem to mind, he just decide to let it go. (Jonghyun did eventually talked to him about it, telling him that he only does that to people he's comfortable with it.)

Jonghyun leaned forward so he could get his voice across clearly,

"Taemin, you know you can tell me anything, right?" He asked. Taemin nod his head but still refused to talk. He can't help it, it's an embarrassing topic. He grab the first drink his hand could touch, not even caring who's it was. He did though, made a face, that get laughed at by Jonghyun, when the bitter strong taste of vodka slipped down his throat.

"Is it about not having a boyfriend?" Jonghyun asked, voice practically screaming. Taemin's eyes widened and he glared over at the latter that laughed knowingly.

"Jonghyun, leave me alone before I tell Kibum you're messing with me. A sober Kibum may forgive you but you know a drunk Kibum will just rip you apart." He threatened, smirking as Jonghyun scoot a bit away.

They have a relationship like this. Jonghyun, because he's Kibum's boyfriend, will think it's his duty to 'cheer' him up (in order words; meddle into his business) and Taemin will tell him to stop with a few Kibum threats. He usually stops.

"But have no fear, your love guru is on the case. Didn't I already tell you I have someone for you. His name is–"

Taemin choked on his drink as he burst out laughing. Jonghyun smiled widely, his second favorite thing to do while with the best friends is to mess with the brunette. If he's not usually getting yelled at by Kibum to stop, Taemin glaring at him at the side, he usually has the younger cracking up till tears are streaming down his face.

"You're laughing? I thought you'd thank me.." Jonghyun pout a bit. Taemin hit him playfully on the chest when his laugh subsided. Jonghyun only laughed in response.

"Fine, you got me." He confessed with a sigh. Jonghyun smiled softly at him.

"Jonghyun, am I a bad person or something? Why can't I seem to find someone?" He asked with a pout. Jonghyun's hand was on his thigh again.

"Taemin, you're not a bad person. You're just a bit picky. That's totally fine–"

"Nuh huh, I'm not picky! They're picky. Talking about how I don't look like I care about the relationship. Idiot, I'm letting you into my ing house. If I didn't care, your stupid won't even get to see the street I live in." He humphed, getting a little worked up suddenly, grabbing his drink and gulping down in one go. This time he didn't mind the burn down his throat.

It's always the same, right after they had , they always think they're suddenly in committed relationship. Even when Taemin clearly state at the beginning that it's strictly just a fling and that he's not interested in having one. That's when they start acting up and he has to end things immediately. It's what happened with the last guy and all the others.

Jonghyun laughed. A mad Kibum could both be cute and scary, while a mad Taemin is simply just cute. He honestly don't think the brunette could look intimidating for even a second.

Taemin tried to glare at him only to pout instead.

"Shut up. I'm really sad. I'm the only one here that doesn't have someone." He grumbled, sinking back into his seat.

"Honestly, I don't understand how you can't seem to keep a guy either. You have an amazing personality, plus you're smart and surprisingly a good cook."

Taemin's eyebrows seem to shot up in surprise at the elder's words. This is the first time Jonghyun is complimenting him in any form. He flickered his gaze towards the shorter man, who smiled ever so warmly at him.

"And you're beautiful, too." Jonghyun avoid the younger's gaze as he said that. It's not everyday he tells his boyfriend's best friend something like that.

Taemin's cheeks heated up a few degrees but luckily the dim light of the club seem to hide it.

"..thanks." he mumbled quietly. Jonghyun nod, chuckling. He picked up what he assumed was Kibum's beer.

"But I seriously think I'm the one with the problem." Taemin piped up once again.

Jonghyun looked over at him,

"How so?"

"Have you seen the guys I date? They're all bunch of losers." Taemin clicked his tongue, flicking his hair out of his face, causing Jonghyun to choke on his drink as he laughs.

"It's totally true. If I could get at least one decent guy as a potential lover, I won't have all this problem. But all I date are good looking guys that thinks after one we're suddenly a married couple and I need succumb to their every demands." He shrugged, reaching over and thumbing away the little drop of beer that had accidentally slipped out of Jonghyun's mouth as he laughed.

"It's not funny. My love life is a total mess." he continue to grumble.

Jonghyun smiled over at him, grabbing his hand into his.

"Taemin, seriously nothing is wrong with you. You just haven't found the right guy yet. The one that'll treat you like the wonderful person you are. Hang in there, all right?"

Maybe it's the alcohol but suddenly Taemin is seeing Jonghyun in a new, wrong, light. Sure, he has always thought the latter was attractive, all Kibum's boyfriends are attractive, but this sudden realization of how pretty the latter's big brown chocolate eyes are, and how plump his lips look are crossing the line between appropriate and inappropriate thoughts.

He shook his head, ridding his thoughts away and slipping his hand out of Jonghyun's. The elder's touch were starting to become a bit hotter than they should.

"There's no such thing, though. The good guys are either straight—" he stopped to notice Jonghyun was half listening. His eyes are suddenly occupied by a certain blond on the dance floor.

"..or taken.." he followed Jonghyun's gaze towards his best friend. Kibum is dancing with a couple of girls—by dancing he means completely putting them to shame as his pelvis moved a certain way that had even the girls stopping to watch in amazement.

His best friend. There could never a dull moment with him.

"Jonghyun?"

"Hm?"

"What do you like most about Kibum?"

Jonghyun's gaze turn towards the brunette.

"His ." He replied, not missing a beat. Taemin laughed, shaking his head in disapproval manner. Jonghyun chuckled,

"Kidding. If I have to choose one thing I guess I'll have to say... his eyes."

Taemin flickered his gaze back to the man. Their eyes met.

"His eyes?" he asked. Jonghyun nod.

"Yeah. Look into them and you can easily tell what he's thinking. Even as tiny as they are, they keep more shine than yours and mine combine. And they're really pretty." he smiled.

Taemin blinked rapidly. The compliments obviously wasn't meant for him but his fluttering heart seem to think otherwise.

"Jong–"

"Oh!" Jonghyun suddenly stood up, grinning.

"Jjongie!" Kibum slurred, staggering his way towards his boyfriend. The moment he reached him, he flung his arms over his shoulders and clung on tight. Jonghyun chuckled, wrapping his arms around his waist and trying to hold the wiggling man in place.

"Jjongie.." Kibum whined out.

"Yes?"

"I'm.. worried for Taemin-ah.. He still doesn't have a boyfriend. I—I think he might be s–straight.." Kibum thinks he whispered the last part. Jonghyun burst out laughing as the brunette glared at his best friend.

Kibum hiccuped drunkenly, peeking his head over Jonghyun to stare at his glowering friend. The moment their eyes met Taemin couldn't help but smile. He could never stay mad at him.

"Minnie... a—are you straight? I could find you a nice g-girl.."

Taemin rolled his eyes.

"Kibum, I love . Love it in my mouth and in my . Sometimes both at the same time."

Jonghyun's eyes widened and his cheeks flushed at the younger's statement. This is the first time he's hearing Taemin talk so vulgar.

Kibum smile, muttering something between the lines of good job and that's my boy.

He peeled himself off Jonghyun and without saying anything, staggered away back to the dance floor. Jonghyun could only watch him go with a smile. Once Kibum start, it's hard to get him to stop. He's just going to wait till he pass out. Which seem like it will be soon..

He turn around to take his seat beside the birthday boy. Taemin scoot just a little bit closer, his movement went unnoticed by Jonghyun.

It has to be the alcohol. It's why he's doing such impulsive behaviors.

Jonghyun smiled over at him briefly, still not being able to look at him in the eyes after his words, before reaching for his drink only to find it completely empty.

"I'll go get us—oh , Kibum is taking his clothes off!" He exclaimed suddenly, shoting up and rushing towards where his boyfriend was. Taemin looked over to see Jonghyun scramble through the crowded people that had gathered around his shirtless best friend. He laughed, he totally saw that one coming. Kibum gets like that every time he gets too intoxicated with alcohol.

It wasn't long before Jonghyun is dragging Kibum away with a scowl. The crowd booed at him for suddenly taking their entertainment away.

Kibum wiggled and whined out in protest.

"Jjong.."

Jonghyun paid him no attention as he set him down on the small leather sofa right beside Taemin.

"Stay." He command softly and when Kibum pout up at him he had no choice but to kiss him lightly on the lips, his eyes going soft. He can never stay mad at him.

"I told you to stop taking your clothes off in public." He scold softly, tapping the tip of his nose. Kibum wiggled his nose in response, slurring disapproving rants. Jonghyun chuckled.

"Okay fine. But at least wait till we get home. There you can take all your clothes off for me, okay?" He joke. Kibum grinned, reaching out his arms and wrapping them around Jonghyun's shoulders.

"Then you would touch me all over.. right?.." he purred in what was supposed to be a seductive voice, his hot breath fanning over Jonghyun's lips. Jonghyun pressed his lips to his in a brief kiss.

"Nope. I'm going to the lights out of you." He whispered so only Kibum could hear. The drunk man only his lips before he's shuffling to get up and attach himself to Jonghyun. Jonghyun sighed out, scooping him up, Kibum didn't waste time on wrapping his legs around his waist and holding on tight.

"Let's go now.." Kibum whined, kissing all over Jonghyun's neck. Jonghyun squirmed at the ticklish feeling.

"After you drink a little water. Taemin, could you–"

"Nope!" The brunette slipped out his seat and rushed away. Jonghyun could only glare at the back of the fleeting man for a minute before returning back to assist his drunken boyfriend.

It really wasn't long before Kibum is passed out right beside him. And he would've taken the latter home if he wasn't so distracted by a certain dancing brunette that swung his hips like it's nobody's business.

Taemin made sure to move as provocative as possible. When he felt someone behind him he made sure to grind oh so seductively against the person, be it a male or female. He really has never danced so alluring before, that was always Kibum's job. He liked mild y dances. A little hip here and there and maybe a little more grinding. That was it.

But right now, he loves doing this. He loves bending over and sticking his out, rolling his hips without a care. He loves grinding down till he's on the ground before slowly making his way back up on whoever the man is that is behind him, running his hand through his already messy hair. Having it look so messy was exactly what he was going for (he has been told lots of times that he looked the iest with his little bedroom hair.) He loves biting his finger then slowly trail it down his chest, then dropping his head on structured shoulder and let curious hands roam his body.

It's all so exhilarating. It's exciting. It's so not him but he's going to keep it up. Why? Because it's a new experience and changing up your boring life once in awhile is always nice.

It surely had nothing to do with the fact that certain puppy eyes are directed right at him.

Taemin jumped a bit as a very curious hand tried to explore between his thighs. He pulled away and smiled cheekily at the—actually really attractive—guy that is his dance partner. The man smiled back, though more smug and sly than Taemin's.

Taemin shook his head to display his distaste as the latter reache over to try to grab his . He spun himself around, a clever way to completely slip himself out of the man's protective arms. The stunned latter could only watch him go.

Jonghyun tried to look busy with the empty glasses and bottles on the table, very aware of the sudden twinge of arousal he felt towards the brunette. Okay, don't judge him. Taemin is an attractive person, suddenly dancing like that, anyone could have that similar reaction!

"Hey!" Taemin called out before glancing over at his sleeping friend.

"You should probably take him home." He suggest, smiling over at Jonghyun. Jonghyun was awestruck for a moment there, the brunette's smile is just so pretty. He shook his head to rid of his thoughts before shooting up.

"Ah, yeah. I was just... about to." Jonghyun almost cringe at how awkward he sounded. Taemin nod slowly before reaching over to give a hand. His hand made slight contact to Jonghyun's and he almost wanted to crawl and die when he jerked it away, accidently knocking a beer bottle that he thought was empty onto Jonghyun.

"!" Jonghyun cursed, jumping almost a foot in the air as the liquid spill over his thigh and trickled down his leg.

Taemin could only stare in complete horror at the scene before him.

"Oh, my god..!" he cried out, his face flushing in embarrassment.

"I am so sorry!" He exclaimed, hiding his face behind his hands. He waited for whatever that would be his punishment, but whatever he was expecting never came. He peeked between his fingers to see Jonghyun staring back at him in amusement.

"Taemin, it's okay. Really." Jonghyun said softly, laughing lightly.

"Could you look after him for a bit, I'm just going to run to the bathroom real quick, 'kay?" He asked with a slight plead to his voice. Taemin could only nod dumbly, watching Jonghyun go.

He glanced over at Kibum and it puzzle himself that he felt... apologetic towards the latter. He shook the thought and feelings away, before doing something he knew he will regret later;

He turn around and follow after the elder.

Jonghyun dabbed against his thigh with a dampened paper towel. He looked up when the bathroom door suddenly swung open and in came Taemin.

"I'm so sorry." He said softly in almost a whisper, closing the door behind him. Jonghyun shook his head, dismissing his words.

"It's fine. I'm done already. See?" He up his leg to show. Taemin frowned at the big wet spot that seem to travel down the elder's leg. Without saying anything, he grabbed the paper towel out of Jonghyun's hand and kneeled right in front of him. Jonghyun jerked back in instinct. The last time he was in such position, he was getting head from Kibum.

"W-what—"

Taemin looked up at him.

"There's some down here too. And also on your shoe. I'll clean it, okay?" He gave a lopsided smile then. Jonghyun could only nod stiffly. He has ever heard of the younger's.. charm from Kibum. When Taemin wants something he does this thing with his face, it gets all innocent and cute like, and no one can refuse him then. But damn, he didn't think it was so deadly.

Taemin dabbed gently, trying hard not to think about how their position could get so much better if—he shook his head to rid of his thoughts. Okay, he may be drunker than he thought.

"Jonghyun?"

"Hm?"

Taemin bit his lip briefly.

"Did you really mean what you said before?" He asked quietly. There was a pregnant pause before he's being lifted off from where he had settled himself and staring Jonghyun right in the eyes.

"Of course I meant them. You're really amazing and.." Jonghyun's cheeks heated up a few degrees.

"You're a really good dancer." He practically whispered out.

Taemin fought the smile that threatened to split his lips.

"Oh, you saw that? I'm a little embarrassed now. You know alcohol will make you do some things you'd normally never do." He shrugged with a shy smile, shuffling closer.

"Yeah.. I know what you mean.." Jonghyun whispered. Taemin wished being so close to the elder felt as wrong as it really should be.

He stared at Jonghyun and Jonghyun stared back, then all of a sudden he's being trapped against the washroom wall and his tongue buried deep inside the elder's mouth.

Honestly, neither knew who initiated the kiss. Taemin wasn't sure if he did because all he could remember is gasping as his back hit the hard surface behind him, Jonghyun already got his hands on the mid of his . And all Jonghyun could make out is there was a look then suddenly Taemin's tongue is battling his own and the latter's arms wrapped tight around his shoulders. All thoughts of a certain drunk blond temporarily vanished.

"Well well.."

The duo jumped apart, looking towards the door to notice some random guy with a smug knowing smile. Their cheeks flushed as they try to catch their impending breath.

The stranger smirked slyly.

"I noticed you two from the VIP lounge, giving secretive glances at each other. Then you," he point at Taemin.

"Dancing like you were a stripper in making, knowing very well Mr. Muscle here was watching with eyes wide open. It was a matter of time you two ended up in here." He said with a low taunting chuckle.

The two only blushed harder.

"I work here, I could get you guys a room. You looked like you really need one–"

"No!" They exclaimed in unison, startling the poor stranger. Taemin glanced over at Jonghyun and his face flushed as he notice Jonghyun staring right back at him.

"Uh—I'll.. go take Kibum home." He mutter awkwardly before brushing pass the other two brunettes. Taemin had to grip a tight hold on his shirt to keep himself from reaching out, grab Jonghyun and resumed what they were doing, not giving a if the stranger was there to watch.

The door open and loud music rang through the small confined space of the bathroom before it closes again.

Taemin tried not to look at the smirking man as he awkwardly move to the sink to wash his hands. Even though it should be his mouth.

"You're the birthday boy, right?" The man asked, moving to the other sink beside him.

"Yeah." Taemin respond back quietly, his hand washing taking a lot longer than it should.

"Hmm.. was he the birthday present or the kiss? Because damn sweetie, that was one hell of a man and a kiss." The stranger laughed a bit.

Taemin couldn't resist his lips with a tinge of a smirk.

"Well.. you know." He shrugged, trying to act nonchalant, finally pulling away from the sink.

"Or was he that blond friend of yours' boyfriend?"

Taemin almost lost his footing towards the paper towel dispenser. The man's voice sounded cold, like he was almost judging him.

"It could get really messy for the third party. If you know what I mean." The man smiled, giving Taemin's a pat with his dry hand.

Taemin wished he did. Because nothing happened.

"It's not–"

"Like that? Baby, your tongue was so deep into his mouth you could probably taste the food he had prior this morning."

Taemin cringe slightly at the other's words.

"You know what they say: two is a company, three's a crowd." The man said over his shoulder as he make his way towards the door.

He stopped halfway there,

"Oh, and I'm Heechul. Make sure to stop by anytime." He grinned over at Taemin before disappearing behind the door.

Taemin stayed for about an hour before deciding to just leave. He just wasn't having fun anymore, and that Heechul guy kept on staring at him. Leaving early on his own party was something Taemin would've never done if he was in his right mind. He's the type (him and Kibum, of course) to stay till the very end of everything. Completely milking every fun out of whatever they attended to, than staggered on home, obnoxiously singing old childhood songs.

And it wasn't like the guests would notice, they were all too drunk and gone to.

He dragged his feet towards his door, what had happened prior weighing him down.

Holy , he kissed Jonghyun.

He ing kissed Kibum's boyfriend!

He shook his head of the thoughts before picking up his pace, not even realizing he had walked from the club to his house.

He slapped his cheeks a few times before cracking a forced smile.

If he pretend it didn't happen then it didn't. Yeah, he's going with that.

He took a deep breath before unlocking his door. He didn't make it an inch in before someone is grabbing a hold of his wrist and pulling him back, he would've screamed bloody murder if not for the face that appeared then.

Taemin let out a gush of air in relief.

"God, you scared the hell out of me!" He exclaimed, jerking his wrist out of the tight hold, not because the touch had his body heating up.

Jonghyun ran his hand through his hair.

"Sorry. Um.. could we talk?"

Taemin felt his heart race and he turn back to sneak through his door, Jonghyun was fast on his heels though.

"Taemin–"

"I'm a little tired, could we do it tomo–"

"We kissed." Jonghyun state softly; carefully.

Taemin resist a roll of his eyes, like he didn't already know that.

"Can we not–"

"And I really enjoyed it. Did you?"

Taemin try to look anywhere but at the man in front of him, who advanced closer towards him.

The conversation is getting dangerous. If he doesn't end it now, it'll become really bad.

When the younger man made no protest of any sort, Jonghyun settle his hands on his hips and drew him closer.

"Since it happened I haven't been able to get you off my mind. Your pretty face, y body, and I can't even start on your dancing skills,"

Taemin fought back a smile.

"They're all I've been thinking about. That's why I just had to come see you." Jonghyun whispered softly, cupping the younger man's cheek and bringing their faces closer.

"You know you can stop me." He breathe, lips barely an inch away from Taemin's.

He knows what he's doing is bad but he can't help it, he's attracted to the brunette.

And by the way Taemin reciprocate when they had kissed, he could tell their feelings were mutual and he wasn't opposed to it one bit. In fact, he seem like he encouraged it actually. By the way he was provocatively dancing in the club, knowing very well Jonghyun had his eyes on him.

"We shouldn't.." Taemin protest weakly, the last of his restrains crumbling. Jonghyun's breath was a weird mixture of mint and vodka. It's purely intoxicating.

"Then stop me."

That puff of breath was the last push Taemin needed because he's then roughly attaching his lips to Jonghyun in a bruising kiss. Jonghyun swept him off his feet and head straight to the bedroom.

That was the very first time they slept together.

And in between pleads for harder s, fleeting images of his best friend crossed his mind and he took those times to feel apologetic towards him, before it's all getting washed away and lost with the rest of his shameless cries.

~Flashback end~
 

After that they couldn't stop. Well more like Taemin couldn't stop.

Jonghyun honestly thought it was a one time thing. He thought after that they could blame it on the alcohol and just forget it. That's why he practically stuttered when Taemin called him up one day and asked him to come over "for a talk."

That was the first time he started lying to Kibum. The blond had been right beside him when the younger had called and when he asked who it was, Jonghyun lied and said it was his secretary. It was pathetic.

Of course, he went. But they never got to do the talking part. Well if you call Taemin's moans of "Jonghyun, me", and Jonghyun's complimentaries groans of "you feel so ing good," talking, then they kind of did. It wasn't much, but they at least did..

Taemin sighed for the nth time, finally picking up the framed picture and setting it straight. Instinctively, he smiled back at the picture. He was the one that took it.

It was with the digital camera Kibum gave him for Valentine's day a year ago. He thought it was appropriate for him to be the first one.

It's so cute how they celebrate every holiday together. Be it ones for only family or lovers, Kibum always wants to be with him. It's been like this since they became friends in elementary school. (Kibum was so cute bouncing from seat to seat just so he could come talk to him. He was honestly surprised when the, back then brunette, was making so much effort on trying to befriend him. He had plenty of friends but for some reason he insisted Taemin had to be one of them, too. Well Taemin ended up being his very favorite.)

He grazed his thumb over the cold thin frame of the glass.

"You're so pretty.."

"And you're just as pretty."

Taemin jumped, startled. He spun around to be faced with a smiling Jonghyun.

"Hi." The elder grinned. Taemin only cocked an eyebrow.

"How did you get in my house?" He asked, slowly moving back.

Jonghyun pout at the cold voice.

"I used one of Kibum's spare keys. Since you wouldn't give me one."

Taemin rolled his eyes.

"We're not that close." He state with a sass, turning around and walking away. Jonghyun followed like a puppy.

"I disagree. With the things we've been doing, I could say we're very close. The closest we could get." He chuckled. Taemin blushed.

"S-shut up."

Jonghyun laughed, grabbing a hold of the younger's wrist and tugging him back. Taemin spun around with a frown, which Jonghyun found to be cutest thing.

"Taemin, are you still mad at me?" Jonghyun asked softly. Taemin said nothing.

"I said I was sorry. And last night Kibum–"

"I know." Taemin cut, a tinge of unexpected jealousy framed his voice. Jonghyun chuckled.

"Then you also know that he–"

"Yes."

"With chocolate–"

"Yes."

"Till this morning–"

"Shut up!" Taemin exclaimed, pushing the elder away.

Jonghyun laughed.

"If I didn't know better I would think you were jealous or something." He taunt playfully.

Taemin scoff with a nasty glare.

"Oh please. Jonghyun, what we have is . I can easily replace you, don't be so fool of it."

Jonghyun smiled, not taking his harsh words to heart. From what he has learned from the two best friends is that they tend to say things they don't mean, but they will never willingly admit that. Kibum is the worse when it comes to that so really, Taemin is just a piece of cake.

He reached over to grab his wrist once again, tugging him forward.

"Where are we going?" Taemin ask irritably.

"I'm taking you shopping then out for dinner." Jonghyun said over his shoulder, his hand slipping down to interlock Taemin's fingers with his. Taemin tried not to blush too hard.

"Why?" He asked suspiciously. Jonghyun chuckled.

"Because you're mad and I don't like it." He replied back.

Taemin felt his heart flutter in his chest.

"And plus if it works on Kibum, it'll work on you."

And there goes the feeling.

Jonghyun surprisingly managed to revive that feeling. They met couple of people Jonghyun knew and the elder introduced him as his boyfriend. It had Taemin's heart hammering against his chest. It didn't stop there, Jonghyun held his hand the whole time and made sure to buy him cute little things people sell on the streets. Right now his shirt is covered in stickers and his hair is filled with little plastic hair clips. Jonghyun is wearing an obnoxiously big sunglass with he matched up with an equally obnoxious cap. They look like idiots.

They went from shop to shop and the elder didn't forget to do silly antics with either the clothes or accessories. He had Taemin rolling on the floor when he decide to emerge from the changing room with a too tight pink jeans and an orange low cut tank top (the women kind). The only thing he was missing was a bright blue purse he pointed at, but Taemin begged him to spare his life so he was just left to pose "ily" for the younger.

They eventually got asked to leave, even though Taemin said he was going to buy a pair of jeans.

"You're such an idiot." He laughed, shoving Jonghyun playfully. Jonghyun laughed along, grabbing onto his hand for balance support.

"Have you done this with Kibum?" He couldn't help but ask. The day has very special thus far and he wish it could stay so. It's kind of his first official date with the elder.

"Nope. Kibum would never agree to something like this. He'll cut my hand off if I ever try to touch his hair." Jonghyun chuckled. His boyfriend is a scary person when it comes to his appearance.

Taemin smiled.

"Which is better; a date with me or Kibum?"

There was a hesitant pause and Taemin wished he hadn't ask that.

Jonghyun tugged on his wrist.

"Sorry, can't say." He made a shushing motion with a smug smirk. Taemin grinned.

"That's just a clever way to say me. I know." He winked over at him playfully.

Jonghyun burst out laughing.

With a content smile, Taemin decide to do a bold move. He jerk Jonghyun back and when the elder man came to a stop he spun him around and kissed him square on the mouth.

There were hushed gasps and whispers but he paid them no mind. Jonghyun was the one to pull away, his eyes widened in surprise. Taemin smiled innocently before skipping off down the road. Jonghyun blinked rapidly a couple of times before stiffly following after the brunette, thoughts jumbled.

Dinner was quiet, so to say. Taemin didn't mind though, it just made it all more romantic.

Jonghyun looked up from his plate of food to glance at the brunette in front of him.

Since the impulsive kiss, he hadn't been able to get his mind off the younger's lips. He's not sure how he's going to get those lips on his in the next minute or so but he's going to try.

"Taemin–"

"Eat your food." The brunette nag. Jonghyun gasped, staring at a smirking Taemin. Yup, he knows exactly what he's doing to him.

Jonghyun chuckled, scooting off his seat so he could reach forward and steal a quick kiss from the younger man's inviting lips.

"Are you having fun?" He asked the moment he pulled away, not parting their lips any farther than a mere inch. Taemin smile,

"Kim Jonghyun, was this all an act to get in my pants?"

Jonghyun chuckled.

"Hmm.. maybe. But you being happy is good enough, too." He whispered, pressing their lips back together. Taemin closed his eyes with a smile.

This is just perfect.

"Um.. excuse me, could you possibly be.."

His happiness was sadly short lived, though.

Taemin groaned in annoyance, pulling away to stare at the stranger that had disturb their moment. His eyes widened instantly when he was suddenly faced with a blond. Though it wasn't the blond that was expected, he still all but jerked away from Jonghyun.

"N-noona!" He spluttered. Jonghyun gave him a weird look before turning to the stranger.

The woman grinned.

"Omo, Taemin-ah!" She exclaimed, engaging the brunette into a tight embrace.

"I thought it was you!" She continue to exclaim happily. Taemin was stunned to silence.

Jessica.

One of the other person that's as close to Kibum as he is. No, she's closer. She's Kibum's very first best friend. 

The blond woman pulled away to stare at him.

They're so close that when Kibum found out she was going to move to America back in high-school, they took an aoth to have the same hair color until the day they meet again.

"Jesus, baby. You haven't aged a day over seventeen." The woman said, engaging him into another hug.

They're so close that things like hating someone because the other hates them exist. One has never try to come between them and survive.

She pulled away once again, this time her eyes went straight to Jonghyun. Just what Taemin has been fearing.

"You must be–"

"No one!" Taemin exclaimed suddenly, getting skeptical looks from the two oldest.

"Uh, I mean—" he bit his bottom lip in frustration, already on the verge of tearing up.

"N-noona–"

"Hi, I'm Kim Jonghyun. Taemin's boyfriend." Jonghyun held out his hand.

Taemin felt his world explode. He has loved those words till now.

 

~*~