Death...

My Life Is not the Best or Absolutly Perfect...

It was a nice Friday afternoon as I walked home from school. Normally I would listen to music, but today i decided to take in the peace and quietness that surrounded me.

As I was walking, my phone started ringing.

"Hello" I say to unknown person I was talking to.

"Is this Nicole Choi?"

"Um, yes.May I ask who is calling?"

"Can you please come to the hospital? Your parents have been in a car accident." I stopped walking because i was in shock.

"H-How bad is it?"

"It's very bad.They are in surgery right now and we don't know if they will make it. Please come right away."

Without even hanging up the phone I ran to the hospital. Running as fast as I was, I would be there in 5 minutes.

As I got to the front desk, I asked for my parents. Tears were falling out of my eyes at this point. She told me to wait outside of the surgery room, so I did. For about an hour, I was outside the room in a chair, crying all by myself. That is until the doctor came out.

He took me to a private room and handed me a paper cup filled with water.

"Nicole. I'm so sorry to say this, but your parents passed away. We tried to save them, but it failed. I am truely sorry. We did all we could. We preformed the operation even though the chance of it succeding was slim." He was tearing up along with me.

"You may not know me" He continued to speak."I was a good friend of your fathers. We went to school together and were really good friends, so pardon me for tearing up a little. He was a great man. i already called your uncle in Korea. He is now your legal guardian, so you will be living in Korea with him for now on.Please call him to figure out your flight times."

With that, he stood up and gave me a hug. "Everything will be ok..." he said to me. He guided me outside and called a taxi so i could get home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next week, I skipped school. I just sat home and cried. My dad's friend (the doctor) called the school  and told them everything, so they understood.

In that week, i became depressed and I had to go to school to get my transfer papers and organize somethings before I leave.

When i got to school, everyone gave me glares. Shocker. The whole school hates me. i don't know why. As i was walking down the hallway, I could hear people talking about me so I just ignored it like usual.

The school day could have have gone any slower. I didn't even do work today. I just put my head on the desk and ignored everyone around me. My classmates tried to get on my nerves, but like always, I ignored them. I just don't care about anything anymore.

 It's now the last period of the day. Math. Math is my faorite subject because of Ms.Kpopohlic. She was not only my tescher, but my best friend. Wait, no. I take that back. She was my ONLY friend.

After class, she told me to stay after, so i did. When everyone left, she handed me my transfer papers.

"When are you leaving?" She asked

"my original flight is monday, but I booked a diffrent one for tomorrow so I can surprise my uncle."

"He must be very lucky to have a neice like you". she told me. This comment made me smile. For the first time since my parents death, i smiled.

"I am really lucky and thankful that i had such a wonderful student and friend like you.I hope you have great life in Korea and a wonderful future!" Ms.Kpopoholic told me while giving me a hug. I hugged her back and also said my farewell to her along with other teachers. Ms. Kpopoholic said she would give me a ride to the airport tomorrow so she can make sure I get on the plane safe.

I didn't say goodbye to any student in the school because I have no one i want to talk to. Because of them, I stopped preforming infront of people. Singing, rapping, and dancing. I also write songs, but i only share my intrest in music with family and Ms. Kpopoholic because they are the only people in America who encouraged me. I never got any positive feedback from them on anything I did. They would point out all mistakes and make my life hell.


Hey Guys!!! Sorry for the late update. I had my homework yesterday and then i went to sleep and my family has been going through problems with my brother and I'm always getting caught in the middle of it.. So yeah, on a positive (Proton) note, I am so thankful for you guys who either subscribed, read, or both subscribe and read this!! The story will pick up later (next two chapters). Please comment! I don't like silent readers... I need criticism. I will try to update the second chapter after this since I pre-wrote the first 3 chapters in school and his is a short chapter.

 

p.s: Ms. Kpopoholic got her name because i always tell my friends that I'm a "Kpopoholic and I'm proud". I also tell them that Kpop is my drug and I'm addicted to it :)