Chapter 34 : Tangled Complications

It Started With A Debt

 

Changmin was sitting, staring blankly at their company’s office, thinking deeply about his conversation earlier with Hana.

 

“What do you want to know?” Hana hissed, it was obvious that she was annoyed when Changmin dragged her outside the hotel, to the open parking area.

 

“Tell me everything.” Changmin glowered at her.

 

“Everything? Okay, I’ll tell you, it won’t harm me anyway.” Hana paused for a while, her friend, who was beside her, seemed to be uneasy, she muttered to Hana, “Hana, if Choi Seunghyun would know..” but Hana ignored her.

 

“I talked to Kwon Jaekyung before, I blackmailed her, threatening her that I’ll tell Seunghyun Oppa’s grandma about the real deal of how they met and why was she living in Oppa’s house. Wouldn’t that be great? If the chairman knew about this, I bet she’ll be the one to separate them.” Hana let out a cynical smile.

 

Changmin’s eyes widened, how the hell did that girl knew about it as well? “I don’t know how you knew about it but you just better shut your mouth.”

 

Hana chuckled sarcastically. “I will, if she would live up with our agreement.”

 

“Agreement?” Changmin’s brows furrowed.

 

“Yes, we had an agreement. She’ll break up with Seunghyun oppa, and I won’t spill anything. That’s the only thing I asked her to do. It wasn’t me who told her to leave. Maybe she felt humiliated with herself that-“

 

“Jaekyung’s not like that. “ Changmin clenched his fist.

 

Hana scoffed. “She must be scared, I wonder what the chairman would do once she found out that her grandson has just met his girlfriend through paying her debt to him. Isn’t that humiliating? They even pretended that they’re going to get married soon. Who wants a granddaughter-in-law like that? Once I tell her that, she won’t be wanting to see Jaekyung’s face again. She would find that stupid, and unacceptable. How is that?”

 

Changmin was unsure, whether he should tell all these to Seunghyun. He was scared, afraid that Jaekyung might just get hurt again. He couldn’t bear it, all those years it was his mom who was always threatening her to leave, and now he didn’t want it to happen to her again, if it would be Seunghyun’s family.

 

--

 

“Wow, you did get her back.” Jaejoong approached Seunghyun when they got to his house. He looked at Jaekyung, she was frowning as she was being surrounded by Mr. Kim’s men.

 

Seunghyun stopped, he motioned Mr. Kim’s men to leave. He moved closer to Jaekyung and grabbed her hand. He dragged her to the living room.

 

“I’m tired, so if you have something to tell me, just say it so I could leave.” Jaekyung was standing, her face impassive as she gazed at Seunghyun.

Seunghyun sat on the couch. “Just sleep in my house. Sit down.”

 

“I’m not sleeping here. What do you want from me?” Jaekyung didn’t sit, she was standing at the side of the couch.

 

“Jaekyung, let’s fix this, why did you leave all of a sudden? You didn’t even call, you didn’t even tell me where were you.” Seunghyun looked at her, sighing.

 

Jaekyung chuckled sarcastically. “I couldn’t find a reason why I should do all of that.”

 

Seunghyun suddenly stood. “I couldn’t understand you, just tell me what’s happening because it’s so confusing!” His yell echoed even outside the living room. Jaejoong could hear them, he was listening, close enough in the living room. Seunghyun’s mom was there too, she was eavesdropping as well.

 

Jaekyung felt a flick of scare, Seunghyun’s voice was different, it was not of a confused one, but rather a voice of rage and anger.

 

“It was so clear, I told you, I don’t love you anymore, you’re just confusing yourself.” Jaekyung averted his eyes.

 

Seunghyun was slowly moving closer to her, Jaekyung stepped backwards, until she reached the wall. He trapped her in his arms by putting each of his arms beside her head. Leaning closer, he kissed her.

 

Jaekyung pushed him. “I’m not yours anymore, don’t think you can do anything to me, I don’t owe you anything anymore, Stop this, I’m tired of you!” She defiantly stared at him holding her tears, for her own words were hurting her.

 

“No Jaekyung, you’re lying, you love me, you told me you love me!” Seunghyun shook her, he didn’t know why all this was happening, but he never wanted to let go of her, not tonight, not when he could already touch her, see her face and her eyes, those five months she was gone was enough torture and he couldn’t take more of it anymore.

 

Jaekyung pulled his hands off her shoulder. “You deserve someone else, I was just here beside you before to work for you, to pay you my uncle’s 20 million won debt, it’s paid already, so I have no other reason to stay with you. We just have to accept that.” She heaved a sigh before walking out of the living room.

 

Tears almost streamed down Jaekyung’s cheeks, she wiped them off right before they could pour from her eyes. On her way out she saw Seunghyun’s mom, she was as if in a state of shock, her hands covering .

 

Jaekyung’s eyes widened, Seunghyun’s mom must have heard their conversation, now she might knew about the debt. She lightly bowed at her before walking passed her, speechless as she was.

 

No one has stopped her this time around, she got out of the gate, walking fastly, until when she has made two turns, she couldn’t hold it anymore, she leaned on a wall, sliding down and sitting, she burst out, crying.

 

--

 

Seunghyun was just standing still at the living room, his feelings were stirring, from confused to angry, to sad, he didn’t know anymore. He tried to convince himself that whatever Jaekyung said was just a nightmare.

 

He got out of the living room, he wanted to follow Jaekyung, wherever she might be right now, he still wanted to make things right, but his mother abruptly blocked his way.

 

She slapped her son. “How could you?! How could you do something like this?” Her voice was trembling, as if trying to suppress her anger. Seunghyun just looked down. He already knew what his mom was saying.

 

“How could you play with others’ lives!? I couldn’t believe you could do something as silly as this! You made her work for you to pay someone else’s debt? Seunghyun! Did I taught you to play other people!” his mother shouted at him.

 

--

 

Changmin was driving his way to Seunghyun’s house, he finally made his decision to tell him everything about his conversation with Hana. He was almost there, but he stopped his car, surprised into what he was seeing, he saw Jaekyung walking on the side of the street. He quickly pulled over and went out of the car.

 

“Jaekyung,” Changmin ran to her and gripped her arm. It was the first time he saw her after five months of her being away. He swiftly hugged her tightly. Jaekyung half smiled as she hugged him back. “Jaekyung, where have you been? How did you, why are you here?”

 

--

 

The next four days, Seunghyun stopped looking for Jaekyung. He knew from her uncle that she wasn’t staying with her uncle, and was with Dongwook. He thought she needed some space, and yes, he would give her time, but he couldn’t give up just like that. He started drinking, from right at 8 in the evening until 3 in the morning for two consecutive nights. On the third night, he was doing it again, and his friends didn’t know what to do to him anymore.

 

He was sitting at the bar counter, drinking alone when suddenly, Hana approached him. She knew about Jaekyung being back, and she thought, she has to do every way to get Seunghyun’s attention.

 

She sat beside Seunghyun. “Oppa, you should stop drinking.”

 

Seunghyun ignored her. He kept drinking, asking the bartender for more drink.

 

Hana snapped the glass before Seunghyun could drink it again. “Stop now, let’s go home, you’ve drink a lot already.”

 

Seunghyun glowered at her. “Who are you to tell me that? Just leave.”

 

“I don’t know why I still always go to you, even if you just wanted to throw me away!” Hana almost screamed. “Can’t you love me more than that Jaekyung? I’ll do everything you want, just please, give me-“

 

“I won’t be able to love any other person beside Jaekyung, so just leave me!” Seunghyun snapped back his glass.

 

Hana smiled cynically. “Okay, I’ll leave you, but I promise you, you won’t be happy, you won’t be together.” She stood and left.

 

--

 

“Hana are you sure about this? We don’t know what could happen.” Hana’s friend was driving, it was the next morning then, they were heading to the hotel.

 

“Just drive, I’m going to talk to the chairman.” Hana said seriously.

 

--

 

“I have a meeting after thirty minutes, so tell me what you wanted to say now.” Seunghyun’s grandma looked at Hana intensely.

 

“It’s about your grandson, Seunghyun, and Jaekyung.” Hana started talking.

 

--

 

“Okay Jinkyu, I’ll go to the convenience store first, I’m just going to buy something, we’ll watch Spongebob later.” Jaekyung kissed Jinkyu on his cheek before leaving. It was 2 in the afternoon.

 

“Noona, buy me a candy!” Jinkyu shouted at Jaekyung, she nodded before closing the door.

 

She was outside already, walking on the side street heading to the convenience store when she noticed some men following her from behind. She quickened her pace as she walked. She thought it could be Mr. Kim’s men again.

 

Jaekyung was near in the convenience store already when two men blocked her way. “What do you want? Tell him I won’t go!” she asked nervously.

 

“The chairman wants to see you.”

 

“Chairman?” Jaekyung’s eyes widened.

 

--

 

Jaekyung entered Seunghyun’s grandma’s office. Seunghyun’s grandma was busy reading some papers.

 

“Sit down.” Seunghyun’s grandma said. Jaekyung sat down on the sofa. The chairman stood, looking out on the glassed wall window. “Where have you been when you were gone?”

 

“Ahh, I went to Tokyo, I lived their with my cousin.” Jaekyung looked on the floor.

 

“And why did you left?” Seunghyun’s grandma was still facing the window.

 

Jaekyung was lost in words at first. “I, I went there to help my cousin take care of his son.”

 

The chairman turned and looked at Jaekyung. “Is that all?”

 

Jaekyung gulped. “Y-yes.”

 

“My grandson, why did you leave him?” Jaekyung was lost again, she didn’t know what to answer. “Is it because you have paid him already?”

 

Jaekyung was surprised, she looked away. “I, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“You lived with my grandson for months, and you don’t know what I’m talking about? I thought you’re different, but all you did was leave to what? To escape this? And you thought you could hide this? You must be a coward. You think I’m foolish enough not to know about you paying your debt to my grandson?”

 

Jaekyung was trembling, tears started to pour down from her eyes. She left the sofa and kneeled in front of Seunghyun’s grandma. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, please don’t think it’s Seunghyun’s fault, I’ll just leave, I won’t show myself anymore. Just please don’t blame him.” Jaekyung tried to suppress her sobs.

 

--

 

“Minhee, have you talkedto Jaekyung already?” Seungri and Minhee were in a mall.

 

“Yes, she went to my house two days before, she told me she’s fine.” Minhee nodded.

 

“But, did she say anything about Seunghyun hyung?” Seungri asked.

 

“No, actually, she never even said his name in our entire conversation.” Minhee frowned. Seungri’s phone suddenly rang.

 

“What? He’s what?” Seungri stopped walking.

 

“What is it?” Minhee asked once Seungri has hung up.

 

“Hyung’s nowhere to be found. Aissh, we don’t know what’s happening to him, let’s go and find him.”

 

--

….

 

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.” Jaekyung looked down, she was resting her arms on her lap as she was still kneeling, crying. Seunghyun’s grandma turned to face the window again.

 

“I hope you would do what I told you, if you want to prove to me you’re unlike others. Leave now..” was all the chairman uttered.

 

--

 

Updated Chapter 34! So, sorry for a drama here, we need a little drama to add color in this comedy fanfic.. :3 and don’t worry, this could be the second to the last or even the last drama.. =) and sorry for confusing you haha, the recent chapters were like drama then comedy, then drama, then comedy again.. hehehe..xD And, the conversation between Jaekyung and Seunghyun’s grandma was cut in here, the first and last part was the only shown, the entire conversation will be revealed next or next next chapter!

 

@renaiseuhyun84ahihi, I even changed it so he’s not already looking! LOL..xD yes she must.. let’s just hope everything turns out fine, though it seemed like it even became cmplicated..xD Thanks for reading!^^

@jan888yes, hehe..xD thanks for lking it, I hope this chap is fine to you too!!^^ Thanks for reading!

@neversayayeahaha, yes, she should just back off.. we’ll never know.. =) let’s hope she’ll end up all her bad plans..xD thanks for reading!

@wtfeliciayes! Haha, don’t worry, she might see it..=) haha thanks for reading!

@RiBoSshiwow, thank you! hihi, I hope this chap is fine as well! ^^ Thanks for reading!

@proudvipthis chap is a drama! Haha, sorry if I’m confusing you, with the alternate, comedy-drama-comedy-drama these recent chapters..but I guess, the drama parts will soon fade.. =) Let’s hope! haha thanks for reading!^^

@Passion1haha, yes! That’s what Seunghyun really did, lol..xD Thanks for reading!

@MzChoiLeelol! I want too! Who doesn’t? lmao.. it would be the best thing ever, lol, why am I saying this? Hehe Thanks for reading!

@KatieLeebergwow!! I envy you!!T^T I could probably go there but next year.. =( oh, just enjoy yourself! Hihi, have you seen idols? =) thank you!^^ yes, let’s hope everything will be fixed.. Thanks for reading!

@pinkypnyes, I now it’s kinda not right..=/ but maybe her uncle just wanted her to be happy this time.. =) Thanks for reading!

@ohmyyoungbaethanks!^^ it won’t be long enough! Thanks for reading!^^

@rottintobreakaww.. I think this one’s drama rather than comedy.. but don’t worry, the next one might be having already, and the other upcoming chaps, I promise you..=) they could be all back to comedy..:D Thanks for reading!

@yenisvip12ahihi, yes..=) good thing he has changed for the better, but if not because of him, then Seunghyun won’t be able to meet Jaekyung? Then there’s no story..lol.. thanks for reading!^^

 

 

-Thank you for everyone who continuously reading this fic! For all the 94 subscribers! The silent readers, I hope to hear from you, you know, it’s the last 6 chapters left.. =) For all those who never fogets to drop their comments, I so love you! I remember your usernames!^^ Thank you so much for bringing life to this story!^^ I love you all! I might make an update tomorrow, if you like.. =)