Get out of my life.

When It Was Me (A Kimerald Story)

Author's note: I think it's important to visualize how they look while reading so you might want to look at the pictures I hyperlinked (bolded text). They're pictures of the dress, shoes, and other stuff in the story.

Kim's POV

It's Wednesday morning, I woke up with a smile on my face. Finally, I'm going to see him today. I miss him so much, and I can't stop thinking about him. And like the devil's tongue, my phone began ringing.

It's him. "Hey, boyfriend!"

"Hey... I'm on my way."

"Great! I miss you so much! See you in a few." I said quickly before hanging up, I had to prepare.

I took a shower. Towel dried my hair and put it up in a ballerina bun. I liked my hair so much, I decided to put on something pretty to go with it. I grabbed my baby blue sun dress I bought with him in mind, and slipped on my fit, black Havaianas. I was satisfied with how I looked. This will be his first impression of me from being away from each other for long, I had to look pretty and pretty I was.

I then had to prepare something for us to eat and do. Nothing too much because we never did enjoy doing fancy things or eating fancy food, we both like things simple. But it's the first time we'll be seeing each other only the two of us in such a long time I had to prepare something. I decided to make us grilled cheese sandwiches. I went through my movie pile and pulled out Notting Hill which is a cute movie we could watch then maybe we can cuddle a little after.

Good enough, now I wait. I flipped through channels, but time couldn't get slower. I check my watch and 5 minutes felt like eternity...

Finally! The doorbell rang. Time to see my man!

I opened the door and there he was. Wearing a leather jacket over a black and white striped shirt, rugged jeans and a pair of military boots. He looked amazing, and I do believe we're a damn good-looking couple!

I reached out my arms for a hug, and wrapped them around his neck. I breathed him in, I missed his scent, his skin, his soft lips. He kissed me softly on the forehead. He tilted his head down and breathed slowly against my neck.

"Kim..."

"Yeah?" I said with a smile.

"We need to talk..."

"Okay... But let's go inside first. I'm going to get us some drinks." I said on my way to my kitchen, playfully swinging my hips as I walked.

"You want juice? Water, soda?"

"Uh-- water's fine." He said as he propped himself on the couch.

I came back with a glass of tepid water, and I sat beside him.

"What do you want to talk about?" I said curiously.

He closed his eyes and gulped. I felt something was wrong, something is wrong when he starts acting like this. He held my hand in his and began speaking, "We've been together for a long time, and lately we haven't been seeing each other much... right?"

"Yeah, and I am so sorry about that--"

"No, don't be. Don't be sorry. I'm sorry. Because I've been irresponsible. I've been an and a bastard and I totally despise myself right now. I am sorry, Kim. I understand if you'll hate me after this but I owe it to you to at least tell you the truth..."

"I'm not following, Ge. What are you trying to tell me? Why would I hate you?" I said looking at his eyes.

He tore his eyes away from mine and he looked down, "I've been..."

No. Please don't say what I think you'll say...

"I've been seeing another girl."

I heard my heart breaking.

"Are you kidding?" I said ridiculously.

"No. I'm not. I wish I was..." He said, looking at me again.

"Oh..." I pulled my hand away and tore my gaze from him.

"Kim... Kim, you have to know how sorry I am! You just need to know that I wouldn't ever even think of hurting you on purpose--"

"Who's the girl?" I interrupted him and held my breath waiting for his answer.

"Bea..." His voice cracked.

I nodded. I couldn't breathe. How could he have done this to me? I felt myself needing to cry, my nerves were getting the best of me, my lips shivered. I felt my blood rushing to my cheeks, but I didn't want to cry, not in front of him. He's made me cry many times, but back then, they were an overflow of happiness. Now, it was from heartache I never thought he'd ever give me. How can the guy I've loved for over 3 years just sit there and tell me that he has been cheating on me with someone who was supposedly my friend? I had to bite my lip to keep myself from crying.

"Kim, I'm so, so sorry... It just--", he looked for words "It just happened. Please don't be mad", he pleaded.

We both didn't speak for about five minutes. I just kind of looked at open space, I found it kept me from bursting into tears.

"Kim, please say something."

Say something?! What was I supposed to say to that?! That it's okay? That we should just forget it? He was my everything, and I thought that my life will end with him still beside me. Now, I don't trust even a word he says, and I felt myself breaking down as he reached for my hand. I wanted to just sit there and cry, but I had to say something, anything. And all I had was...

"We're done." I said just staring at a picture he took of me that was placed on my coffee table.

He gripped my hand. "Kim... please. Come on... Don't do this"

I pulled my hand away, I stood up, and I faced him. "It's over. Get out."

"Kim, it didn't mean anything. We just--" He paused.

"You just what?" I said in a loud voice. "Did you her?"

"Kim!"

"Did you her?" I said in between pauses.

"Kim, come on..."

Oh. Great. He did.

"Get out! Get out of my house!" I pointed frantically at the door. I was so angry, I wanted to throw anything I could grab at him, but I tried my best to compose myself.

"Kim, it didn't mean anything! I promise you!"

"It always means something." And that's what hurts me most. "Get out of my house!" I pushed him to the door, he grabbed my arm and I held on to myself for dear life not to feel anything anymore. I pushed him away "Don't touch me! Don't you dare touch me, don't you dare talk to me ever again! Get out of my house! Get out of my life!"

"Kim... please... let's just start over. I'll do anything... Just don't do this, please..." He said in tears.

"Leave." I said sternly. He wouldn't budge, I grabbed my phone. "Leave or I swear I'll call the police! Don't make me do this! Go. Now."

He looked at me and said "Kim, I am so sorry." And then he walked towards the door.

I turned my back, I heard the door close. I was so angry, and I felt like my heart was going to burst. I wanted to kill him, and her. I wanted to hurt someone, my anger was drowning me, and then I felt it turn into tears, and I broke down on the floor and cried, and cried until I couldn't cry anymore.