The Six

"Camellias" Baekhyun's favourite

 

Driving down the highway to some villages. Chanyeol is in his search for his new partner. Well, he actually kinda not looking forward to the next partner he will get because his previous partner such an idiot. He almost lost his patience if Joonmyun doesn’t help him. At the end, the partner is now fully back to reality.

There are some rules that has been mandate to specific employees which is those who part in this partner activity.

The rules that they – the employees must follow; the top 2 is:

Live with them in order to have more communications and knowing each other more accurately.

Do what ever it takes to help them; well it’s their motto anyway.

Chanyeol find it ridiculous at the first rule, how can he let a stranger who have plenty of attitudes living with him? But he just ignores it since he’s the assistance of the company founder – Jongin.

Vintage Company was built in late 1913, somehow the worldwide economy been dropping so badly due to a war. Jongin found the sources of the company and interested in it. He kept the official date where the company was created; but he re-create the company in about 4 years ago. And the company gets popular within the years. Lots of sponsor either directly hand-in the agreement or privately bank in money in the company’s account. But back then, the employees weren’t as much as now. And that’s when Joonmyun and Chanyeol join him and change everything. Joonmyun being a co-founder of V.Co. because he also helped Jongin in re-create it but have no intentions to join him. After he sees the magnificent improvement, he joined along with Chanyeol. Then, one by one of their friends join in except for Sehun who being just a part-time employee.

Well, that’s just the side points of how the company going. Just in case you’re doubtful to it.

Chanyeol scoffed at the packed traffic. He cursed at the other drivers who slow down their car just to glance at the breakdown vehicle at the side of the road. Speeding up his car after passed through traffics and head to his destination.

 



 

“Where are you head up to?” Asked Jongin on the phone with Joonmyun.

“I’m going to some hospitals to find the person in my proposal.” Answered Joonmyun before entering a hospital.

Suho head to the information counter as that the first counter he sees when he entered the building. “Oh, okay then. Call me if something comes up. I’ll hang up now.” Jongin hang up. Suho slid his phone back into his pocket.

“Yes, sir? May I help you?” The nurse who was busy with some papers before looking up to her guest.

“I’m Kim Joonmyun. I’m the one who called here yesterday, may I know to whom I need to see?” Throwing out his beautiful smile to her. There’s a soft flourish pink tainted on her cheek.

Suho chuckled at the nurse’s reaction. “Oh, Mr. Joonmyun. You can take the elevator up to the 3rd floor and meet with the mental-specialist.” She answered. Suho bowed before he walk to the elevator and press the button.

As he waiting for the elevator to accelerate down from the 6th floor, he caught a glimpse of someone who he finds that he met him before. The guy just walked down the stairs near the elevator with a nurse. He was holding a teddy bear. But who? He tilts his head from a thought.

Snap back to the reality when the ‘ting’ sound released from the elevator. He steps in after the people exits and press on the ‘3’ button.

 

Ting! Third floor.

 

The co-founder of the V.Co. walk to the room that the earlier nurse said. Tidy up himself a bit and swipes some dust (just imagine it) on his shoulders. He’s wearing a grey pencil blazer that fits beautifully on his waist, black and white stripes shirt and a grey pencil skinny-slack. It’s like he's going for an interview.

He knocks the door and take a glance on the doctor’s name. Doctor Bang Yongguk; Mental Specialist.

“Come in.”

“Hello.” Joonmyun greets the doctor before close the door behind him.

“Take a sit please.” Suho obeys. “So, what brings you here?” Yongguk asked with his both hands folded under his chin.

“Doctor, I called one of your staff yesterday regarding on my existence here. I suppose, you have received the information.” Throws a smile to the doctor. Yongguk in his thought for a second before snaps his fingers with an “Ahhh~”.

The doctor pulls his desk and searching some files, well basically what Suho needs.

“It’s been a while since a staff from Vintage Company visits us.” The doctor pointed out while searching for the files.

The other just chuckle at the point.

“You have a nice office room.” Suho’s eyes wandering around the room.

The room was painted with ocean blue color, there are some toys and pictures displayed beautifully under the lime light. At his back, there’s a furry carpet and a white leather couch. Seems expensive. Somehow, the lighting may be the important role to make the room looks nice. It was simple, yet the energy in the room is so calm.

“Haha, that’s what you get when you get promoted.” Chuckled Yongguk before took out a yellow file and pass it to Suho.

“These are the information that you need. As you can see, the patient have a mental problem; well not really mentally problem. He involved an accident back in the days. That’s why his brain doesn’t really function in the way we are because of the impact from the incident.” Yongguk briefly explains to Suho who’s flipping through the pages.

He stops at the biography of the patient. Staring for a long moment at the passport picture stick onto the paper. His eyes widened when he realized that this guy in the picture looks exactly the same as the guy he saw just now.

The guy has a brunette hair with his fringe lies down perfectly on his forehead nearly covers his right eye. His eyes are just good to stare at. There’s a dimple on his right cheek. Such a beautiful smile. Suho shook his head at his thought. What? I just praised him? Well, indeed. His smile is beautiful.

“Umm, Mr. Joonmyun. Is there anything wrong?” The other concerns.

“Yes? No, no. It’s just that I saw this guy earlier. His face kinda familiar to me.” Suho struggles in his thought and read through the information applied.

“Well, you can find the answer soon cause he’s going to be your partner!” Happily stated out at the last statement before sip some coffee.

“I hope so. I guess I don’t need to look for the other patients profile since you’ve partnered him with me.” Suho chuckled before keep the files in his vintage briefcase.

“Umm, doctor. The tea and Turkish delights you wanted are here.” Said the nurse with a white-gold vintage style of teapot and 2 cups; and the Turkish delights on a white plate on top of a silver tray.

“Ahh, yes. Bring it here please.” The nurse obey and leave after placed the serve on the table.

“If you don’t mind, please have some conversation with me before you leave.” Invited the doctor.

Joonmyun take the invitation and have some small chats with the doctor. Some of the chats are about how hard taking care the mental patients, some are about his life. They exchange each other stories for an hour before Joonmyun got summoned from Jonging to come back to the office immediately.

“I’ll see you later then when I come to pick up my partner.” Suho mockingly said at the last statement.

Rushes down to the parking lot to get his car and drive back to his office.

He keeps thinking about the guy that he’s going to partner with in few days. Opens up the briefcase that lies on the passenger seat and take the biography paper from the yellow file. Holding up on to his steering wheel and scrutinize the name.

Zhang Yixing.

 



 

It is a bright day, the weather seems so good to play outside. The underage people playing at the big yard. They look so happy when playing together with their friends.

As for the kids, there’s a mini playground which contains slides, swings, see-saw, monkey bars and etc. Some of them help to swing the other, but there’s a group fighting for a swing. Then, the child care worker tries to comfort them and they play it by rotation.

While the teenagers having their teens-life together. But it wasn’t really a teen-life when they have to stuck in the house – one big house. Even though that happens, they seem don’t care as long as they’re not lonely.

“Hey, aren’t you playing?” A tall boy asked.

The blonde guy who’s now staring at those people outside from the window turns to the figure with a height nearly the same as the blonde’s.

He shook his head and do a hand gesture that he just stay there. The boy sighed and sits on the chair in front of the blonde. Carefully place his favourite notebook on the round-table glass.

“But it’s fun to play outside, hyung.” Give a bright smile to the blonde.

But, they’re scary. The other thought, looking at those boys who’s playing soccer in the field. He loves soccer very, very much. There was once he played with the boys, but end up been bullied because of his fragile presence. From that moment, he didn’t want to play with anyone anymore. No, I don’t want to go.

“I… st-stay… Kwangmin.” Luhan spoke hardly. The other sighed.

Kwangmin runs out from the room and left Luhan lonely in the room. Luhan’s room has its own specialty. Only him in the room as the chairwoman of The Eye Care Orphanage really understands his condition, so she placed him in a big room. Can be said like a master bedroom. The other residences couldn’t help but feeling envious to him. With his presence at the house, everyone thinks that the child care worker take good care of him more than them. Wherever he goes, there’s these narrow eyes looking him through the corner of their eyes.

Luhan let out a sigh when he sees Kwangmin left him alone. But Kwangmin left without taking his book with him. Turns his head to the door, I guess, he’ll come back.

Just as what he thought, the boy came back with a drawing block and color pencils.

“I’ll stay here with you then.” Kwangmin puts the things on the table.

He tears two pieces of paper and give one to Luhan while he take the other one. the color pencil case and revealing all sorts of color. The pencils seem new. “I kept this case for a bout 2 years since my twin left me to the Creator.” A sad expression can be seen on his face. Luhan gently put his hand on the other’s and give him a smile. Kwangmin smiles back. He place the case in the middle so that Luhan can take it too.

“So, now. Let’s draw the first thing popped in our mind!” Clasped his hand happily with a wide smile plastered on his face. Luhan nodded and they start to draw.

Kwangmin is the first person to approach Luhan when he entered the house. At first, Luhan avoids him for quiet a while, but Kwangmin just tail wherever he goes. After all, Luhan only spoke twice with him. The last one he spoke earlier can be counted as the third time.

Others may say that he’s weird and bad mouthing about him, yet Kwangmin doesn’t care about it though he keep trying to make the other talk. As well as, he also help defending the blonde when he’s in trouble. Kwangmin thought it was his responsible to take care of him though Luhan’s older than him cause he knows how it feels when being bullied. He follows his twin’s step during the time when Youngmin take good care of him. They’ve been best friends since then.

“Kwangmin-ah! Don’t run too fast!” His twin warned him.

“Ne-ne-ne-nee, you’ll never catch me!” Kwangmin laughed as he sprint at the end of the hill.

His twin catching up slow because he had two backpacks, one of it is Kwangmin’s.

They were on their way back to home from school, but Kwangmin decided to play some pranks by running from Youngmin, hide-and-seek and sorts. When they were walking up the hill, Kwangmin entered a jungle nearby. Youngmin who concerned follows him to make sure he wasn’t in trouble.

“S-top thereh, Kwangmin!” He warned his twin. Bowing down to make his respiration works smoothly. 

“If you come closer, I’m going to jump.” Kwangmin talked while walking backwards.

Without any bad signs, Kwangmin slipped at the edge of the hill. “Wooouuu~”

“KWANGMIN!” Throw the bags carelessly, Youngmin runs to his twin. But he found nothing. Kwangmin presence is not there. The other eyes widened and screams his twin’s name. But there’s no answer.

The steep of the hill is like near to 90 degrees but there’s really no presence of Kwangmin there. Like hanging or something like that. He only sees cars and some trucks passing by. Youngmin’s eyes start to watery when he thought he would have lost his own twin so soon.

“Kwangmin…!!” Tremblingly screaming Kwangmin’s name with hopes that he would answer back.

Even how loud the echo sounded, yet no response. Screaming hard at the dawn that approaching the night. Fingers gripping tightly at the grass beneath his hands. Wiping his tears, he tries to call his brother’s name once again. Though he knows that Kwangmin wouldn’t answer cause he has 'died'.

“Kwang-..” Youngmin shocked at a sudden voice behind him. He turns around, and there he is… Kwangmin.

“YOU JUST FREAKING FREAKED ME OUT, YOU DILWEED!” Letting out his anger at the other who’s busy chuckling.

“YOU THINK THIS IS A JOKE! YOU SUCH AN IDI-“

Kwangmin watch his twin slipping as he tries to get and kill him; unbelievably. He runs towards the edge and seeing a scene that he did not want to see.

“YOUNGMIN!” Screaming out as loud as his lungs can get.

Youngmin who’s falling with his head as substitute for his legs, bangs on the a big rock and now he's falling on his side. Kwangmin can see the red-thick blood already covers Youngmin’s hair. His weak limbs rolled on the hill’s steep which covered with sharp stones and ended on the road, lying helplessly.

“Youngmin, Youngmin!” He shouted when he sees his brother weakly waking up after that. A smile plastered on Youngmin’s lips. Somehow, the smile doesn’t last long when a truck just crush the nearly-died boy and drags him about 30 meters away. The road is now trailed by his brother’s blood. As the truck stopped, Youngmin located in between 2 big tires at behind. Few moments later, Youngmin’s hand deadly exposed.

The alive twin witnesses the scene shockingly, froze, stunned and all the surprised expression. He seems could barely breathe.

“YOUNGMIN!”

He never thought that the last incomplete words turns into his last thing he had.

The lived-twin been placed in the orphanage as soon as his mother passed away few months later from the incident. Kwangmin's now phobia to walk on the hills, nor walk on the road. Whenever he sees a truck pass by, he would run and cry.

“Yay! I’ve finished my drawing!” Kwangmin shouts after 2 hours spent on drawing. He peek at Luhan’s paper and he sees a lollipop. Just a red lollipop. Turns his look to Luhan, the blonde staring at his drawing expressionless, but his lips is trembling.

Kwangmin took his hand gently massage it. Luhan jerked a little then look into Kwangmin’s big eyes.

“It’s okay. I may be don’t know what happened but be strong okay?” Pursing his lips to a smile.

Luhan’s trembling eyes change to bright eyes as he smiles back at Kwangmin. He nodded.

After they had their times, Luhan do a gesture for them to go eat dinner. They walk together with Kwangmin’s hand on Luhan’s shoulder to the dining room.

As the moonlight shines brightly through the window illuminates Luhan’s room, the drawn paper lied side by side.

Kwangmin drew himself and Youngmin with their hands on each other shoulders; smiling brightly.

 



 

The other 4 waited for the other 2 to come to their building. They are currently at Jongin’s room. It’s going to be their brand new day, brand new moment as they continue their community service. As we know, people have different attitude as well as personalities. They just like it to help people, except for Sehun who just a part-time.

“Couldn’t they get any longer?” Sehun scoffed as he laying on Jongin’s couch lazily.

“As for Chanyeol, he may be creeping around and not doing his work. As for the gramps, well… like gramps… slow.” Chen said.

“Hey, hey! Suho is older than you.” The boss warned them.

In office rules, the age doesn’t count when you’re the boss. So frankly, they keep quiet when Jongin starts to talk. Sehun just sighing at how late they’re cause he just need to get out from this cramps. As for Jongdae, nothing much. Cracking jokes and mocking others. And for the giant – Kris, he just busy judging the workers outfit passing by. Not really care about the others. He’s in his own world.

 

Knock, knock.

 

“Come in.” Kai orders.

The door opens revealing the gramps who smiling like an idiot – at that moment. He took off his blazer and hang it on the chair in front Kai’s table. Yes, Kai’s office is like their own home. Though Jongin gets irritated, well… at least he doesn’t feeling lonely.

“The gramps is here, now where’s the derp?” Once again, it’s from Sehun.

“You son of a…” Pretending to hit Sehun with an angry-not-so-angry face. “At least, I’ve got my partner. Unlike you guys, being such slumber pigs in a mud.” Mocked him and settles himself on the couch besides Sehun – on the right.

“You did?” Kai butts in by sitting besides Sehun – on the left. Suho nodded.

“Well, not officially partnered until next week.” Slightly grin at the last statement.

“What? What’s up with next week?” The frowned Kris asked.

Suho lean back and folded his hands behind his head, couldn’t stop grinning about what will happen next week. “I’ll be having my partner.” Chuckles at his own thought.

“So, what’s the excitement like there’s no tomorrow on your wrinkly face?” The younger boy besides Suho sarcastically said.

“Because I can finally be a hero once again!” Dramatically raising his hand with a face expression that as if he’s propose to a girl.

“Pfft, even you towards yourself couldn’t be a hero.” Sehun scoffing softly beneath his breath.

This lisp monkey, such a mood spoiler. Mumbling at Sehun while others laugh at their behavior.

“Boss, can you call Chanyeol-hyung?” Sehun nudged his boss, the other nodded.

Jongin take out his phone from his pocket and enter the speed dial number to Chanyeol. After a while, a deep voice transferred to Jongin’s phone.

“Hey, are you heading back to office now?”

"Yeah, I'm-" Something just made Chanyeol stops his words.

"Hello?" Jongin calls back for an answer.

“Ahh? Yes, yes. Can be said but the traffic is ing with me right now. So, I might be late. If y’all have anything to discuss, go on without me.” Chanyeol explained to him one-shot.

“Alright.” Jongin hang up without any dubious towards Chanyeol and place his phone on the triangle table in front of him.

Jongin claspes his hands together to get the others attention on an announcement he is about to make. Well, not exactly an announcement but it can be called as a task to give to them. Suho is exceptional since he’s already had his partner, so basically the tasks are for the others. Of course, they’d wait Chanyeol before saying what he would say. The whining boy makes Jongin give it right at that moment cause who could’ve handle the little kid. Furthermore, Jongin is quite sure that Chanyeol can get his partner in a day… if he’s in his mood. That giant is hard to convince.

The office room is now like a meeting room where the people listening hard to what Jongin says. Kai order them to go to the places that he already searched in the Internet with a deadline of a week. When Kai spoke out a deadline, that means they really need to search for it within the days because who would know the other side of Kai. Each of them were procured with a document that Jongin has printed out special for them. Jongin may be nice to them, but he’s holding the theory of give and take. After a long-royal speech, they dismiss from the room with their jobs.

 



 

Youngsters running around, adolescence doing their chores, elders just staring blankly at some places as if they’re waiting for something … or could be someone. That’s what Chanyeol witnesses when he arrived at the village earlier. He’s holding his briefcase in his right hand while his coat lying helplessly on his left arm. The road were covered with sandy soil. When the wind blows, dusts from the soils flying in the air. He thought that it’s not good for the children’s health who are running before him. As he enjoy the view of the village, he can tell that it's a farm village. With some ranches in the side of the village, some of the elder women doing their laundry at the water stream nearby. Surrounded by the green paddy sea, the village is like an island on it.

He stops his steps when his eyes caught at a nanny who’s staring at the decayed wooden stairs while caressing her black cat on her lap. Beneath the wrinkly face with blackheads spotted on it too, fierce expression that somehow people could be killed if gets to near to her, messy grey hair … Chanyeol could tell that she looks lonely.

“Don’t get near her, new boy. She’s madly insane.” An old man with a height of Chanyeol’s waist, exaggerate eyebrow and moustache, narrow eyes that we think he’s sleeping, wearing some kind of kungfu guru outfit and holding some kind of ancient stick … whispers next to him makes Chanyeol startled with eyes wide open.

Rubbing his chest from the effect, “How long have you been here, grandpa?” Chanyeol said. “You just make my life shorter.”

The old man just laugh in response. “Since New Year.”

Chanyeol eyes widen more than usual, he took a step backward as if he’s trying to run away from the, let’s said from the ghost.

“Just kidding. What brings you here anyway, giant?”  The old man said.

“Excuse me. What did you just call me?” Irritated Chanyeol ask.

 

Smack!

 

“What kind of son are you? How can you be so rude towards the elder?” Continuously hits Chanyeol who struggles in escaping.

“Ouch! Ouh! Okay, okay. Stop, stop! I’m sorry!” Chanyeol grasp the stick and apologies.

The old man pulls his stick back in one-shot and walk away. Chanyeol who just healed from the soreness, catching up the old man with his long legs. In the meantime, he pulls out a paper from his briefcase and shoves it in front of the old man’s face.

“Well, I’m here to find this kind of person.”

The old man decrease his distance between the paper with his small eyes could barely seen, reading the content printed on the paper. Putting his fingers on his chin while humming as if he’s reading in silence. Then, the left eye of his popped out and stares at Chanyeol. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows and pursing his lips.

Out of sudden…

 

Smack!

 

Chanyeol blinks his eyes for two times before- “ARGGHHHH! What was that for?!” Squatting down and hoping around the old man like a frog with both of his hands holding his top head, wincing. What the is wrong with this old man?!

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier, sissy boy?” The old man asked.

The tall boy get back up on his feet and; take his briefcase and coat that fell due to the event just now, rubbing away the dust on his coat.

“How am I suppose to tell you when you keep hitting me? AND WHY AM I SISSY?!” Scowling the tall boy. Covering his lips as he realize that he just being rude to the old man. Waiting for the hit that he’ll get, Chanyeol closes his eyes shut.

Don’t hit me, don’t hit me!

But nothing happened.

He open his eyes slowly and taken back a little when the old man’s face inches away from him.

“Well, I guess you’ve been sent by the Vintage Company. Then, you’ve to come with me.” The old man turns his back to Chanyeol and head to his house with his little steps.

Chanyeol catch up and walk besides the old man. “How come you know our company?” Looking down at the figure besides him.

“Your company’s logo, I mean… the company’s logo were printed on it also, dumbo.”

This stupid old man.

The other just narrow his eyes in response. “Well, what did you meant by the company? You know, like you really know the company?”

“Who wouldn’t know the company. The kind-hearted company.” The old man says his words with his old-trembling voice.

“I still remember when I was young, the company running like how currently it is now. Almost all the victims that applied for the services from the company, cured effectively. I was one of the applicator, and my partner was the one who firstly create that company – Lee Seunggi. I really hate people, but somehow he can change me back to normal people. The company running good back in the days, and I feel honored when I heard it’s running back again after decades been buried in history.” The old man said.

Chanyeol who’s listening hard to the story seems forget what just happened earlier.

“What’s the cause of the close down of the company?” Curious Chanyeol asked.

“The owner died from insanity.” The old man seems serious at his words.

That’s kinda ridiculous reason. A company that helping the abnormal people in terms of mentality, been … backfired by the immortal disease its own.

“Like how? I thought it's because the economy dropping?” The History failed boy asked about the company’s history.

“That's what they said. The truth... no one knows, young boy. No one knows.” The old man said in cliché tone.

Chanyeol turns his head on the path he’s walking, thinking hard about it. But he doesn’t have an intention to find out what exactly happened.

 



 

 

Reached at the old man house. It’s not as fancy as what we thought for a rural house. When it comes to the interior, it’s just plain that has hidden behind the torn dull rob. Basically, midribs are as the substitute for clay roofs. The wall almost sheer to fell when it’s built with decayed logs. Not to mention the floor is a complete soil yet there a corner of it, lies a straw mat. Somehow, the walls are successfully create the geometrical edges of pentagon makes the house looks unique.

“Have a sit.” The old man settles himself down on the straw carpet.

Chanyeol stares at the old man who struggles to sit down due to his old-illness at his age, he help the old man. He sits, crossing legs in front of the old man after leaning the other on the log-wall.

The old man takes a deep breath and his right eyebrow raised. Chanyeol raised his too.

“Aren’t you gonna introduce yourself? Or you just gonna chisel it on my grave stone so that I can read it everyday?” Scoffed the old man.

“Ahhh. My name is Park Chanyeol. I’m here to talk about the things that written in the paper I showed you just now.” Bowed Chanyeol and explains his existence.

“I just wanted to know your name. Not your intention.” The old man replied.

Dafuq, this old man.

Chanyeol find it hard to communicate with the old man. Always have his words to make Chanyeol gets really irritated. At a second thought, he wasn’t sure if he’s in the right place or not. But based on what the old man told about V.Co.’s history, it seems to eliminate the other point. Well, he just has to believe that he’s in the right place.

“I see. Chanyeol. Nice name. Just call me Sumyeon, Handsome Sumyeon.” Said the old man.  

“Excuse me?” Chanyeol frowned at what he just heard.

“Aish! You just won’t let me cherish my little times.” Sumyeon scoffed.

Somehow, Chanyeol laughed at it. Did he just laugh genuinely or sarcastically? Okay, just imagine that he laughed. This handsome grandpa just praised himself when the reality that he just looks like a walking zombie with a pair of sleepy eyes. Maybe that’s what Chanyeol finds it funny.

As the old man cherish his little times, Chanyeol just listen to everything he says. Nodding, head following the hands of Sumyeon that as if the old man doing a kungfu in front of him and eyes widened, rolled in irritation.

After a long-brag historical about the life of the gramps, Sumyeon lets Chanyeol have his chance to speak the real intention he came to the village. From all the craps Chanyeol had to swallowed earlier, he found out that Sumyeon is the head of the village. How can a village going so well under this old man?

Chanyeol starts his speech now but keeps cutting by Sumyeon.

“I’m here to find-’’

“A partner.”

“A partner that have some kind of-’’

“Some kind of illness.”

“Well, not really. It’s basically in terms of-’’

“Mentally.”

The perm hair boy growls quietly with fists formed in his hands that lie on his knees. Take a deep breath, as he continues his talk.

“So, may I know who’s my-’’

“Partner.”

“WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS-’’

“Say the things I wanted to say.”

Chanyeol temper crossed the line when the old man bluntly said it. Once again, he takes a deep breath and tuck his coat on his left arm while the other hold the briefcase.

“If you don’t wish to here my existence, I suppose to desert myself from here.” He stood up and bows to the old man before head to the exit.

“Well, I guess that’s the way how you refuse the thing that I wanted to mandate to you.” Chanyeol stop at the exit.

The tall boy turns around and look at the old man who’s sprinkles some of the green tea leaves in a clay-teapot and pour hot water after it.

“I just thought you would fit the person that I wanted you be partnered with.” As he pour some of the tea in his small Chinese cup.

Chanyeol walk back with a curious face plastered on his face. His movements were divided by every seconds as he settles himself at his spot earlier.

Sumyeon who just being a kiddo and a selfish brat just now, seems so serious right now. Chanyeol really wanted to leave because he’s really annoyed with the old man. Yet, when Sumyeon’s voice turned, the bottom of his heart says to get back and listen. He really did not know why would he obeys it. People said that when the heart speaks, there’s something mystery will happen.

Maybe that’s the reason why Chanyeol finds himself in front of Sumyeon who smiles at him. The old man just smiled.

“This boy, a really cute boy has a sad life back then. He used to be a normal kid, running around like others did. He used to live with his mother. He had no siblings, no father. His mother is really a kind person who can be said that she was sent from heaven. She really loves this boy.” The old man stood up and walk to the square-shaped hole at the log-wall as if it’s a window, stares outside.

“Mommy! Mommy!” The doe-eyed boy called for his mother who’s sitting on a big rock.

The winter season has come. And today is snowy. The boy running as the snow leave the trail with the boy’s steps; towards his mother.

“What are you doing mother?” Says the boy who is now struggles to climb up the rock just to sit besides his mother.

The mother help him and make him sits on her lap.

“I’m making a sound through this leaf.” The mother demonstrate the melody that she played just now.

The atmosphere now filling with the melody, beautiful harmonically melody. People who didn’t witness as what the boy witnesses, they might be mistaken that the beautiful sound produced by a flute. It’s completely from the leaf.

Mother’s lips attached with the leaf, when she blows in rhythm, both sides of the leaf generate the sound as if it was played with a flute; professionally.

The boy who stares with a bright smile on his face, eyes closed shut. Body moving side to side following the rhythm. The breeze running through their cheeks, beneath their thick rob making it flutters gracefully.

As she finishes her melody, it came along with an applaud from her son.

“Mommy, mommy. Can you teach me?” The boy nudge his mother. The mother chuckled.

“Alright, alright.” She smiles.

She plucks a leaf nearby and give it to the boy.

“Now, put the leaf on your lips.” She puts it on her lips and waited for her son to do the same.

“Now, blow a little bit of air in between your lips.” She blows a bit, and produce a D# sound.

The young boy tries it, well… it came out a spit. Her mother giggles at her son’s behavior when he tries it more and more.

“After that day, the boy practice hard to master his mother’s music. His strong will not to give in paid off, and he can plays it very well until now. You can only hear it once in a blue moon. When he does playing it, the chaos becomes order, the turbulent becomes calm… can be said that all the negative energy fade away when he starts to play it. But when you get too addicted to it, you’ll feel despair. So, if you get a chance to hear it, don’t get devoted to it. You’ll like killing yourself.” The old man said.

The other’s eyes widened. How can a beautiful song that able to eliminate negative energy but at the same time can make a person feeling despair? He couldn’t find the answer for it. “Why? Is there something so special about the song?” Chanyeol did a virtual inverted commas gesture in the air.

“That song was cursed.” Sumyeon whispers at the last statement.

Chanyeol turns away, disbelief. Such a myth. He frankly doesn’t believe with all these things that related with immortal things. In this modern times, those things aren’t exist. Science has been a compensation and has proven what’s evolves around us. He thought like that.

“You may think it’s humbug, because you were born with high technologies around you.” The old man said.

“And there’s a specialty in that boy. He somehow can predict things. Most of it are true… perhaps, your advent might be in his prediction.” The old man continues as Chanyeol lost in thoughts.

Then, Sumyeon eyes glued at the entrance of his house for quite a while. Chanyeol turns his gaze at the entrance. The figure seems to run away. Chanyeol could only seen the radiance of the figure’s shape.

“That’s the boy I’m talking about. Looks like he feels comfortable with you.”

Chanyeol turns back to Sumyeon who smiles at him. Without wasting anytime, he picks up all his belongings and bows to Sumyeon before leave.

“He only plays the song when he’s really sad, or when he’s really happy.”

Before Chanyeol left Sumyeon’s house, Sumyeon mumbles something that he could barely hears it.

 

…… won’t work …… he falls ……

 

Those are the only words he could hear. After exited, he look around if he could caught a glimpse of the boy. Nothing.

He walks away from Sumyeon’s house to his car with his head left to right, right to left, searching for the boy. Part of him don’t really know what’s he doing. Like, he didn’t really look forward to that boy. The other part of him seems eager to get to know that boy. Why? He keeps asking himself.

The day anytime soon will approach to dawn, Chanyeol really needs to go to his office back. The cellphone in his pocket rings, Chanyeol take it out and answer the call.

“Hello?” Chanyeol greeted as he opens his Kia Optima K5’s door before put his belongings at the passenger seat and stands there with his right arm(the same hand that holding the cell phone) rests on the car roof.

Are you heading back to office now?”

“Yeah, I’m-’’ Chanyeol stops.

His whole body couldn’t move except for his head which is looking where’s the sound come from. Somehow, the sound sounds like a flute. Chanyeol thought. As for a confirmation, he turns his view onto the villagers’ demeanor. His eyes widened.

The old man was right.

He couldn’t believe that, just now when he left the village it was really havoc. But now, it changed as soon as the sound filling the air with its melody.

It’s beautiful.

Chanyeol gets enthusiastically devoted to it. But as what he can recalls, Sumyeon said that people who get addicted to the song might feeling sorrow and despair. Unfortunately, those things doesn’t happen to Chanyeol. At all. Maybe that’s just a myth.

After that, he realizes that he closed the door and walk back in the village to Sumyeon’s house.

“Hello?” Chanyeol remembers that he’s still on the phone with Jongin.

“Ahh? Yes, yes. Can be said but the traffic is ing with me right now. So, I might a bit late. If y’all have anything to discuss, go on without me.” Chanyeol quickly says before Kai could cut him off or ask for any reasons.

“Alright.” Jongin hang up.

With his cell phone in his hand, he’s now in front of Sumyeon’s house. He snoops Sumyeon’s entrance-rob a bit to see that the old man is still in his same position.

“Umm, Sumyeon. I guess, I’m willing to take the boy as my partner.” Chanyeol bluntly said.

He really didn’t know what he said that. And why would he willingly to accept the boy as his consort? There are still much more other person that really needed his hands. Why him? Chanyeol’s surveys doesn’t exactly end, somehow it ended here. There are still some places he needed to go tomorrow. The boy came and clash all his plans just by listening to his weird history. The cursed song.

The littlest part in his head says that there are more stories in the boy’s life. Perhaps, that’s the reason why he wanted to accept the boy because Chanyeol wanted to know the continuation besides the cursed thingy.

He keeps all the thoughts besides because he couldn’t do anything already since he already agrees to Sumyeon to be mate with the boy. In proper words, to take good care of him.

“I knew you would come back.” Sumyeon said.

“How?” Chanyeol asked.

“The song.” Sumyeon’s lips curves to a smile. It’s a genuine smile.

Chanyeol make a you-heard-it-too face at Sumyeon, and the other get that; nodded in response.

“You know, I nearly get into the song. As you said just now, the despair and all. It didn’t happen to me.” The other said that turns out like a question.

“He fully mastered the song and can control the spells in between those notes, I suppose.” Answered the old man.

Chanyeol nodded slowly to the statement.

“Or could be, he’s happy right now.” Sumyeon continues.

A smile spreads slowly on Chanyeol faces. He couldn’t help it.

I guess, this is the right one.

 

 

To Be Continued...

 


 

First chapter updated! Yay!

I suppose to post it last week, but I was away for some personal matters. But, between the busyness I tried to add some scenes in this chapter. And end up this bunch! 

Nearly 7K words. Well, I hope it's enough for the first chapter. 

I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter! Don't forget to leave comments!

Also, check out my Rated Taoris fanfic: Skin... (that's what the fans like) -Kris-

And my new story with a title of Unaccepted Member