Chapter 2

Silver Lining

Sorry. I know how this chapter is

>,<

---

The sound of flipped channels filled the living room. Sunny who was lounging on the couch in front of plasma TV, looked bored.

 

"Oppa"

 

No respond from Sungmin who was working on dining table. His eyes stayed fixed on his laptop screen.

 

"Oppa"

 

That was the fifth times Sunny tried to draw his attention. Slightly irritated, she got up from couch and walked over him. She was thinking to scold him before she saw his disturbed expression. So, instead of throwing fit, she leaned her body forward, hugging him from behind.

 

She kissed his cheek. "Oppa."

 

"Later Sunny-ah." He dismissed her without looking.

 

"Oppa, you've been concentrating on that screen for hours, non-stop. Take a little break. You might feel refreshed right after."

 

Sungmin did not answered. This time Sunny tried to persuade him by massaging his shoulder, "I promised to help you look into that problem later, perhaps you I could give you different view on it. Just take a short break now. It's weekend, Oppa. The weather is nice."

 

"I SAID LATER! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" hollered Sungmin. He turned his body to face her, knocking some papers off table on the process.

 

Sunny startled. She withdrew her hands off him in instant and unconsciously took a step back. As she froze on the ground, Sunny stared at him. His furious eyes met her scared, shock ones.

 

That was the first time in their two years together that Sungmin showed the nasty side of him. Reading fear in Sunny's eyes, he soon came on his senses and realize his mistake. He palmed his head as he groaned in frustration. Picking up the knocked paper from the floor, he made his way toward Sunny.

 

He pulled her in his embrace, one hand which was holding the thin bundle of papers secured her in the waist, while the other hand gently her head. He whispered guiltily on her ear, "Sorry, bunny. I didn't meant to. I was... I'm sorry, so sorry."

 

Sunny, being able to sense guilt in his voice, raised her hands to clutch his upper arms. She repositioned herself in his embrace, trying to get comfortable.

 

"Sorry. It's just... that case gives me total headache. I'm trying to find a win-win way out for both sides. You're alright?"

 

Sunny just hummed into his chest. Sungmin then pulled away and looked into her now unreadable expression.

 

"Bunny?" asked him unsure. "Guess what, let's forget about that stupid case and take you out. Your pick."

 

He threw the paper he was holding all the while unto the table. Then, holding her shoulders, he looked at her in the eyes and said, "I'm sorry" sincerely.

 

---

 

"Where do you want to eat?" asked Sungmin. He was driving his sedan with Sunny sitting on the passenger seat.

 

After the 'incident' the couple changed their clothes and went out to get super late lunch/early dinner. It was their silent agreement that every dispute should be reconciled with food, sweet food especially, for they both had sweet tooth.

 

"Shall we get street food?" Her eyes twinkled as she imagined rows of food vendors and their mouth-watering food.

 

"Good idea. It's been awhile," he wheeled his car to a market.

 

When they reached the destination, they didn't waste time and went to buy various street snacks in small portions. Each food seemed so inviting and the smell was so mouth-watering that they bought a lot. Starting from the a cup of sweet and spicy tteokbokki, snacks in skewers, small portion of spicy pork with rice to some bites of blood sausages, they ate mercilessly.

 

It was getting rare for them to be out in the crowd like that. Their weekday evenings were mostly spent with clients, and their weekends with family and friends. It was impossible to bring clients to night market or to get the five chit chatty ladies gathered in such a crowded and noisy place, wasn't it (even though they would love to). So, they savored every second of their simple freedom.

 

The couple now were walking hand in hand while sharing deep fried sweet potatoes.

 

"What else would you want to eat, bunny?"

 

"What? You're still thinking to eat again? I can't, Oppa. My belly is about to burst."

 

"Dessert won't hurt, right. Let's get some ice cream and visit Han river before we come home."

 

She gagged when a picture of him devouring ice cream flashed in her mind. Sungmin caught that act. He asked her worriedly while her spine up and down, "Are you okay?"

 

She grabbed the water bottle Sungmin conjured from his pocket and took a gulp. "Yeah. I am too full that imagining you eating ice cream make me nauseous."

 

Hearing the answer, he laughed. Sunny laughed along with him. "Okay, let's not get any ice cream tonight. Just go straight to Han river, how's that?"

 

"Good."

 

Some tens minutes later they arrived at Han river. That night was not full moon, so they could see some twinkling stars amidst the bright lights from the busy city around them. They walked side by side until they reached their usual spot by the river. The couple stood side by side, enjoyed the shared silent moments where they were drowned in their own thoughts.

 

"Listen, about what was happened at home..."

 

"Oppa, let's not say sorry anymore," she looked into his eyes. "There's a saying, you know, that sorry should not even exist. You know why? Because people seem to overuse it as they find it an easy way to mend their mistakes, thus being careless and create even more mistakes. If they don't know that word, people will be even careful on how they act.

 

"I don't mean that you letting out your anger is wrong. It's acceptable. It's good that you vent out your frustration rather than bottled it up. But I think you can manifest it in better way, sharing it with me for example."

 

"My sharing with you is a completely different subject which involves a lot of contentment and satisfaction." He winked and grinned naughtily while his hands trailed down her body, slightly groping the tender round flesh below.

 

"Oppa!!" She yelled, shocked by his bold action. She slapped his hand off of her .

 

He laughed heartily before hugging her, "I know. Just remind me the next time I get cranky."

 

Sunny nodded against his chest.

 

"By the way, talking about manifesting it in better way, I think I know how. Let's go home. I want you," he whispered huskily, unintentionally blew his hot breath on her ear, which left her shuddered in excitement.

 

---