Of Rain and Kisses

Of love and pain

 

The rain clouds had gathered in the sky painting the ground with tiny droplets of water. Kai watched the rain fall silently. His mind drifted to far away places and dreams. That was until he heard the unmistakable tune from next door. Kyungsoo who was reading a book looked up and smirked at his boyfriend.
"Looks like your sister and Luhan are at it again. At this rate I'll never finish my book and your cuddle time will be zero." 
Kai chuckled knowing that Kyungsoo was bribing him to go shut up his sister. He hopped off the window seat and went for the door. The song only got louder and Kai shook his head. He looked into the slightly opened door of Luhan and Suho's bedroom. Suho was no where to be found but Kai almost laughed at what he was. 
"I GOT A POCKET GOT A POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE I GOT A LOVE AND IT'S ALL MINE OH OWOOH!"
His sister only had on Luhan's shirt which looked over sized on her and some shorts and she had her fake microphone in her hand singing and dancing with her boyfriend luhan. 
"TAKE ME AWAY TAKE ME AWAY A SWEET ESCAAAAPPEEEEE TAKE ME AWAY!!" Luhan sang the next first dancing around like silly people. 
Kai always admired their  relationship with each other. They were the kind of couple that would tell the other anything and they would try and work it out. They never argued because they sat down and talked to each other about how they were feeling. They were the kind of mushy love sick couple you saw in the movies but they couldn't help it. They rarely kiss in public and the most they would do is hold hands and cuddle. 
Secretly Kai wished that his relationship with Kyungsoo could be more like his sisters but kyungsoo was a lot more reserved. Luhan and his sister were silly and goofy and fun but they did know how to switch from fun to serious well. Kyungsoo on the other hand had a lot of trouble with that. Kai still loved Kyungsoo just the way he was even if sometimes he had difficultly showing Kai how much he loved him. Kai knew though, how much Kyungsoo loved him because when he did manage to say it he knew it was heartfelt. 
He was sure his cuddle time was slowly slipping away and even though he enjoyed watching the cute bubbly couple he had to stop them. Entering the room he cut the music off and Sun turned to face his first. 
"Whyyyyyyyyyy did you do that ?" She whined. 
"Kyungsoo is trying to read next door and your loud music is not helping." 
Sun smirked at her brother. Sure Kai dated a lot of people in his short lifetime boys and girls but when Kyungsoo came along Sun saw he brother change and not it a bad way. It used to be only Sun who could draw a full on smile from her brother but now Kyungsoo had been added to list. 
"Well tell my future brother In law that well keep it down." Sun said with a small smile. Luhan poured and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind resting his neck on her shoulder. 
"Let's to get some hot chocolate." She said knowing that Luhan had wanted to finish singing with her. 
His face brightened and Kai just shook his head and laughed. 
"You two girls have fun now." Kai teases as he left. 
 
--------------------------
Sun and Luhan headed down the stairs both dressed in rain coats and rainboots. Beakhyun took an amused glance up from the tv as they went for the door. 
"You two are something else." He commented. Luhan laced his fingers through Sun and stuck his tongue out at Baekhyun before they went out the door and bumped into Kris who was just now coming in. He scowled at the two bumping past Sun. 
"What is your problem Kris?" Luhan asked slightly annoyed. 
Kris' eyes landed on thier entertained fingers and felt his heart burning in his chest. He wasn't the mushy kind or the kind to walk around looking love sick but how he wished he could hold Sun's hand like that and caress her. He would hold her and never let go. After that the whole world could die and be wouldn't care because be would have his precious Sun with him. But he knew that Luhan had dug his feet in. He had latched on to every piece of her life and reeled her in and even Kris had to admit the results were a firework of a relationship. There was no denying how happy Luhan made Sun. Especially after all she had been through. Kris would always know that truth even if he didnt like it. Even if he hated the thought of Luhan with Sun he had to deal with it because she was happy. 
"Sorry." He ruffed out to Sun before walking in the house moodily slamming the door. 
*wonder what that was all about* Sun, innocent and Naive Sun, thought. 
 
---------------------------------------
Kyungsoo put down his book finally and stared at his boyfriend who had gone back to staring at the window pane. His eyes traveled his far away face and he wanted to know what he was thinking about. 
He got up and sat on Kai's lap and Kai though never breaking his state from the window smiled and wrapped his arms around him. It was silent for another moment more and Kai enjoyed the warmth in the room event though the window was cold. He enjoyed feeling Kyungsoo underneath him and in his arms. He looked vulnerable the way he only looked around Kai. 
"What are you thinking about?" Kyungsoo asks quietly. 
"Iceland." Kai responded knowing he would confuse his boyfriend. 
"Iceland? Why Iceland?" Sure enough Kyungsoo was confused. 
"Because" Kai intertwined his fingers with Kyungsoo's and squeezed gently. "That's where I want to take you." 
"Take me?" 
"Vacation silly. To get away from all these Dorks." He says (even though he loves every single last one of those dorks dearly)  
"It would be just me and you." He continues still staring out the window. 
"Isn't it cold there?" Kyungsoo says
"Nope. Greenland is full of ice and Iceland is green. Ironic but true." 
"You sound like you know a lot about this place." 
"I had to know a lot about it before I bought the tickets." 
"You bought tickets?" 
Kai smiles and looks down at Kyungsoo for the first time. 
"Yep. Two weeks just me and you. What do you say?" A smile spread across Kyungsoo's face. 
"I say yes." 
----------------------
 
"Hannie" Sun said looking up at her boyfriend drinking the hot coco they had just bought. He looked up from drinking to see her smiling at him. 
"I've always wanted to have a kiss in the rain." She says. Luhan looks out the cafe window to the empty rain covered streets. He grins and grabs her hand and they rain out in the rain. He took off his hood then look of hers the rain now drenching their faces. Luhan was caught of guard looking at the beautiful face of Sun her eyes shining in the darkness almost as if everything was black and white. He stared at her for a long second before leaning down and pressing his wer lips against hers. He pressed Sun so close to him they could feel their  hearts beating up against each other. Luhan was throwing all his love into the kiss siezing Sun's heart with a single kiss. They could feel the warmth growing inside them despite the cold rain pouring around them. And both pulled away breathing heavily puffs of air coming from their nostrils. Luhan looked Sun in the eye. 
"I love you." Was all he said and Sun smiled. 
"I love you to Hannie."